Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Hardware News › [Various] 1060 News/Info & Reviews
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[Various] 1060 News/Info & Reviews - Page 20

post #191 of 1449
Quote:
Originally Posted by fatmario View Post

only reason nvidia not offering sli feature for gtx 1060 it will hurt 1070,1080 sales.

This I imagine is most likely the case, if the 1060 really can match 980 performance then I could see that really hurting 1080 sales when you could just sli 1060s and do even better (most of the time) for significantly less
Zealot
(19 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
4770k Gigabyte G1 Sniper Z87 Gigabyte GTX780 Windforce Gigabyte GTX780 Windforce 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Kingston HyperX Beast 16GB 1600mhz WD Black 2TB Samsung 840 EVO 120GB Samsung 840 500GB 
CoolingOSMonitorMonitor
Noctua NH-D14 Windows 8.1 Samsung s23a950d 120HZ Asus VG236H 120HZ 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
CoolerMaster QuickFire TK CherryMX Red Switch FSP Aurum Pro 1200w Corsair 750D Razer Deathadder 2013 
Mouse PadAudioAudio
Steelseries Qck+ Audio Techninca ATH-M50 AKG K7XX 
  hide details  
Reply
Zealot
(19 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
4770k Gigabyte G1 Sniper Z87 Gigabyte GTX780 Windforce Gigabyte GTX780 Windforce 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Kingston HyperX Beast 16GB 1600mhz WD Black 2TB Samsung 840 EVO 120GB Samsung 840 500GB 
CoolingOSMonitorMonitor
Noctua NH-D14 Windows 8.1 Samsung s23a950d 120HZ Asus VG236H 120HZ 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
CoolerMaster QuickFire TK CherryMX Red Switch FSP Aurum Pro 1200w Corsair 750D Razer Deathadder 2013 
Mouse PadAudioAudio
Steelseries Qck+ Audio Techninca ATH-M50 AKG K7XX 
  hide details  
Reply
post #192 of 1449
Okay so let me get this straight. They are telling us performance but despite review sites having this card for over a week no one is allowed to talk, what's up with that? Then the card they show the PCB looks like it was designed for another chip and they used a cheap pigtail to connect power. Not impressed. Looks like the 480 scared them and they rushed something out.
Gaming One
(16 items)
 
  
Reply
Gaming One
(16 items)
 
  
Reply
post #193 of 1449
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLCLimax View Post

But they owe you a good ****ing.

Lol! Somebody seems like they're a little butthurt. Maybe you'd be happier if Nvidia relased the 1080 and 1070 a few months later when supply allowed for msrp, that way none of us could get our hands on all this good **** before budget conscious folk like yourself. Time and time again, the enthusiast market proves that a lot of people are willing to pay good money to be early adopters of the best new stuff. And that's because we like doing what we want with our money.

As for the 1060, if you dont like it, stop complaining and go buy the RX 480.
Quote:
Originally Posted by magnek View Post

Enthusiast these days = those with the most disposable income (and/or least sense devil-smiley-019.gif)
Give me one good non-business related reason why the 1060 shouldn't support SLI when 660, 760, and 960 all had the feature.

Are we even certain that the GTX 1060 doesn't support sli or are we just going off of pictures of reference 1060's? That's an honest question, no sarcasm. There may be a possibility that 1060 performance levels and price would place them in sli at the exact same price/performance ratio as the 1080 (when they become more readily available). I dont see how limiting consumers to just one card is greedy.
post #194 of 1449
Quote:
Originally Posted by InfoWarrior View Post


Lol! Somebody seems like they're a little butthurt

Ironic, considering the position you're assuming.
post #195 of 1449
Quote:
Originally Posted by InfoWarrior View Post

As for the 1060, if you dont like it, stop complaining and go buy the RX 480.
Are we even certain that the GTX 1060 doesn't support sli or are we just going off of pictures of reference 1060's? That's an honest question, no sarcasm. There may be a possibility that 1060 performance levels and price would place them in sli at the exact same price/performance ratio as the 1080 (when they become more readily available). I dont see how limiting consumers to just one card is greedy.
If the 1060 is 4% better than the RX-480, SLi'd they would overtake the 1080s in some games and should solidly sit above 1070s. However because of the higher pricepoint over the RX480 it wouldn't make a lot of sense for $/performance. For someone who spent a bit more and got a better board to start, got the cheaper GPU, and then later picked up a second- I guess it'd be an improvement but for those with the ability to spend the money at the time to buy them outright, I don't think it'd be there. The RX480s actually being physically attainable saw a lot of people interested in crossfiring them out the gate due to the pricepoint but I don't see the 1060's pricepoint attracting the same kind of interest.
Cletus
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
FX-8370 (turned back to stock clock) GA970A-UD3 Sapphire RX-480 8GB  2x4GB 1600Mhz Crucial Ballstix 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
WD None Coolermaster 212 Evo Windows 7-64 bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Insignia 19" TV Logitech Wireless EVGA 650GS Corsair 200R 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Logitech Wireless Side of my chair Some speakers 
  hide details  
Reply
Cletus
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
FX-8370 (turned back to stock clock) GA970A-UD3 Sapphire RX-480 8GB  2x4GB 1600Mhz Crucial Ballstix 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
WD None Coolermaster 212 Evo Windows 7-64 bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Insignia 19" TV Logitech Wireless EVGA 650GS Corsair 200R 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Logitech Wireless Side of my chair Some speakers 
  hide details  
Reply
post #196 of 1449
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLCLimax View Post

Ironic, considering the position you're assuming.

I mean, I know that hating Nvidia and using words like "NGreedia" is what the cool kids do these days but I'm just here laughing and pointing out the entitlement party going on. Where am I butthurt? Madbro?
post #197 of 1449
Quote:
Originally Posted by EightDee8D View Post

because old days are gone where oc was the thing nerds used to on cheaper parts to get performance of higher part for free. but now kids have money they can spend on whatever they want.

No offense but so called Enthusiasts/gamers are joke nowadays who know nothing but whatever pr/techmedia says.

You probably have a point there. Still, as long as it exists, though I prefer single card solutions, I will continue to use SLI/CF. I'm really curious about running a RX480 CF setup for kicks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by InfoWarrior View Post

The sense of entitlement in this thread is hilarious! wink.gif

I'm usually someone who recognizes and castigates entitlement as much as anyone. However, I fail to see an entitlement issue here. nVidia removing SLI on lower tier cards is purely a business decision to make more money. They don't want to allow "nerds to get performance of higher parts" for less money. I get it, however scumbaggy I think it is. However, I will now make a business decision to not support them. I fail to see how that makes one "entitled."
Red Obsidian
(20 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 4770K Asus Maximus VI Extreme Galaxy GTX 680 2GB DDR5 Corsair Vengeance Pro Series 4x8 32GB DDR3 CMY3... 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingCooling
OCZ Vertex 4 256GB SSD  Crucial RealSSD C300 64GB Koolance CPU-370 Koolance PMP-450 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
Koolance HX-CU1320V 4x120 Copper Radiator Koolance HX-CU1020V 3x120 Copper Radiator Koolance HX-CU720V 2x120 Copper Radiator Koolance CTR-CD1224 12/24V Pump and Fan Controller 
CoolingOSMonitorPower
Corsair AF120 High Performance Fans Windows 7 x64 Professional Dell S2409W Seasonic Platinum-1000  
CaseMouseAudioAudio
Corsair Obsidian 900D Logitech G700 Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium HD  Logitech Z5500 THX 5.1 Surround System 
  hide details  
Reply
Red Obsidian
(20 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 4770K Asus Maximus VI Extreme Galaxy GTX 680 2GB DDR5 Corsair Vengeance Pro Series 4x8 32GB DDR3 CMY3... 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingCooling
OCZ Vertex 4 256GB SSD  Crucial RealSSD C300 64GB Koolance CPU-370 Koolance PMP-450 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
Koolance HX-CU1320V 4x120 Copper Radiator Koolance HX-CU1020V 3x120 Copper Radiator Koolance HX-CU720V 2x120 Copper Radiator Koolance CTR-CD1224 12/24V Pump and Fan Controller 
CoolingOSMonitorPower
Corsair AF120 High Performance Fans Windows 7 x64 Professional Dell S2409W Seasonic Platinum-1000  
CaseMouseAudioAudio
Corsair Obsidian 900D Logitech G700 Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium HD  Logitech Z5500 THX 5.1 Surround System 
  hide details  
Reply
post #198 of 1449
Quote:
Originally Posted by criminal View Post

Same reason there is 8GB on the RX480. Memory is cheap, so why not if it helps the card sell?

This card will be a turd just like the 960.

1070 has 50% more cores then 1060.
1070 has 33% more memory bandwidth.

970 has 62.5% more cores then 960
970 has 75% more memory bandwidth.

This time 1060 will be a lot close to 1070 then before.
Ishimura
(21 items)
 
Silent Knight
(13 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 3770K @ 4.6GHz ASRock Z77E-ITX eVGA GTX 1080 Ti Hybrid AVEXIR Blitz 1.1 16GB DDR3-2400MHz CL10 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingCooling
SanDisk Ultra II 960GB Toshiba X300 5TB Corsair H100i GTX eVGA Hybrid Water Cooler  
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
4x GentleTyphoon AP-15 Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit Philips Brilliance BDM4065UC 4K Razer BlackWidow Chroma  
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
eVGA SuperNOVA 750 G3 Define Nano S Logitech G502 Proteus Core PECHAM Gaming Mouse Pad XX-Large 
AudioAudioAudioAudio
Audioengine D1 DAC Mackie CR Series CR3 Audio-Technica ATH-M50 Sennheiser HD 598 
Audio
Sony XB950BT 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Phenom II X4 955 @ 4.2GHz ASUS M4A79XTD EVO AMD Radeon HD 7970 3GB @ 1200/1500 2x 4GB G.SKILL Ripjaws X DDR3-1600 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
OCZ Agility 3 60GB WD Caviar Green 1.5TB 2 x Seagate Barracuda 2TB XSPC Raystorm 
CoolingCoolingOSPower
EK-FC7970 XSPC RS360 Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit Corsair TX750 
Case
NZXT Switch 810  
  hide details  
Reply
Ishimura
(21 items)
 
Silent Knight
(13 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 3770K @ 4.6GHz ASRock Z77E-ITX eVGA GTX 1080 Ti Hybrid AVEXIR Blitz 1.1 16GB DDR3-2400MHz CL10 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingCooling
SanDisk Ultra II 960GB Toshiba X300 5TB Corsair H100i GTX eVGA Hybrid Water Cooler  
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
4x GentleTyphoon AP-15 Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit Philips Brilliance BDM4065UC 4K Razer BlackWidow Chroma  
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
eVGA SuperNOVA 750 G3 Define Nano S Logitech G502 Proteus Core PECHAM Gaming Mouse Pad XX-Large 
AudioAudioAudioAudio
Audioengine D1 DAC Mackie CR Series CR3 Audio-Technica ATH-M50 Sennheiser HD 598 
Audio
Sony XB950BT 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Phenom II X4 955 @ 4.2GHz ASUS M4A79XTD EVO AMD Radeon HD 7970 3GB @ 1200/1500 2x 4GB G.SKILL Ripjaws X DDR3-1600 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
OCZ Agility 3 60GB WD Caviar Green 1.5TB 2 x Seagate Barracuda 2TB XSPC Raystorm 
CoolingCoolingOSPower
EK-FC7970 XSPC RS360 Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit Corsair TX750 
Case
NZXT Switch 810  
  hide details  
Reply
post #199 of 1449
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElCheapo View Post

If the 1060 is 4% better than the RX-480, SLi'd they would overtake the 1080s in some games and should solidly sit above 1070s. However because of the higher pricepoint over the RX480 it wouldn't make a lot of sense for $/performance. For someone who spent a bit more and got a better board to start, got the cheaper GPU, and then later picked up a second- I guess it'd be an improvement but for those with the ability to spend the money at the time to buy them outright, I don't think it'd be there. The RX480s actually being physically attainable saw a lot of people interested in crossfiring them out the gate due to the pricepoint but I don't see the 1060's pricepoint attracting the same kind of interest.

You'd still get more vram and better resolution scaling with the 1080 if the 1060 lands where you say its going to. You still have to factor in SLI scaling too. What Im saying is that it seems very likely that sli 1060's would perfrom equally to a 1080 for the same price. Why even make it an option at that point, especially when it would be easier to keep up with demands to sell single card solutions? I guess we'll have to wait and see what's up. I'm just speculating for now.
post #200 of 1449
Quote:
Originally Posted by LancerVI View Post

I'm usually someone who recognizes and castigates entitlement as much as anyone. However, I fail to see an entitlement issue here. nVidia removing SLI on lower tier cards is purely a business decision to make more money. They don't want to allow "nerds to get performance of higher parts" for less money. I get it, however scumbaggy I think it is. However, I will now make a business decision to not support them. I fail to see how that makes one "entitled."

Which is funny because it was originally developed so users could combine lower end cards to get the performance of a higher end card.
 
Media Server
(12 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
i7 4770K MSI Z97S Krait XFX RX 480 Black Edition XFX RX 480 Black Edition 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
G.Skill Trident X 2666mhz Intel 530 Sandisk Extreme Pro LG WH14NS40 
Optical DriveCoolingOSMonitor
LG WH16NS40 Noctua NH-D14 Win 10 64-Bit BenQ XL2730Z 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech G710+ Seasonic Platinum 1000w Fractal Design R5 Zowie FK1+ 
Mouse PadOtherOther
XTrac Ripper XXL  4 x Vardar F-4 120mm (2x NH-D14, 2x Bottom Intake) 3 x Vardar F-3 140mm Intake (two front, one side) 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Celeron J1800 QNAP Proprietary  Intel HD Graphics Crucial 8GB Kit 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
4TB Western Digital Red Pro 4TB Western Digital Red Pro 4TB Western Digital Red Pro 4TB Western Digital Red Pro 
CoolingOSPowerCase
Stock Embedded Linux External, 96 W, 100-240 V TS-451 
  hide details  
Reply
 
Media Server
(12 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
i7 4770K MSI Z97S Krait XFX RX 480 Black Edition XFX RX 480 Black Edition 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
G.Skill Trident X 2666mhz Intel 530 Sandisk Extreme Pro LG WH14NS40 
Optical DriveCoolingOSMonitor
LG WH16NS40 Noctua NH-D14 Win 10 64-Bit BenQ XL2730Z 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech G710+ Seasonic Platinum 1000w Fractal Design R5 Zowie FK1+ 
Mouse PadOtherOther
XTrac Ripper XXL  4 x Vardar F-4 120mm (2x NH-D14, 2x Bottom Intake) 3 x Vardar F-3 140mm Intake (two front, one side) 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Celeron J1800 QNAP Proprietary  Intel HD Graphics Crucial 8GB Kit 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
4TB Western Digital Red Pro 4TB Western Digital Red Pro 4TB Western Digital Red Pro 4TB Western Digital Red Pro 
CoolingOSPowerCase
Stock Embedded Linux External, 96 W, 100-240 V TS-451 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Hardware News
Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Hardware News › [Various] 1060 News/Info & Reviews