Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Video Game News › [PCGamer] Blizzard is suing the creator of an Overwatch cheat program
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[PCGamer] Blizzard is suing the creator of an Overwatch cheat program - Page 3

post #21 of 129
Quote:
Originally Posted by eXe.Lilith View Post

No I'm not. It's a known fact that most account that were powerleveled back in the days in WoW were done so while using bots and other hacks (especially for grinding pvp back then), also, lmry multiboxing was against the EULA terms back then.

As for how you can measure it, well you take a look at Blizzard's own numbers.
When they state they've banned 200k accounts but that quarter-to-quarter game sales numbers are on the rise by ridiculous amounts, while it being a time when most players were taking breaks before a new expansion, one does not need to be a genius to do the maths. I mean it's pretty hard when you play a game everyday to not notice when the server population is taking a big hit. And it's pretty easy to check the amount of forum threads about server population, no matter if it's about your own server or not. Yet at the same time the amount of game sales and subscribers is on the rise? riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight.

But then again, having actually made quite some money while in college selling WoW accounts (because it's actually legal here in France provided you follow one very simple rule), I've come across some people who did use such "third party tools" to boost their powerleveling revenues. So yeah I do know what I'm talking about. So yeah, I am comparing leveling up wow accounts to hacking because a good chunk of them powerleveled accounts were done by using bots and hacks, no matter what you say. And though you are totally right in saying that some people got fed up with hackers and left the game, sure some did, but not anywhere near enough for it to offset the sales of new game copies. I mean remember, it's not like 100k players quit WoW on the very same day exclusively because of a hack/exploit. Sure there might have been a few severe issues where 1000 players quit but it's not even in the top 5 reasons of why people quit WoW.

/sigh.

You're doing the math wrong.

When Blizzard says they're banning 200k accounts, they're mostly INACTIVE accounts...Most of those accounts were dormant because hackers finally gained access to easy passwords etc - It happens almost bi-weekly...Someone on the WoW forums discovers they're part of a bot-net.

Not to mention the "Friend" accounts they work for free based on those 200k hacked accounts...It becomes a very serious daisy chain.

Above/beyond that - They're not all WoW accounts. Pay very close attention to Blizzard's language.

Legitimate subscribers ARE on the rise because they're not considered to be inactive - Inactive accounts can still be slaved for live friend accounts...We all know this to be true.

Diablo 3 users/sales are also up because they use the same verbiage which is how the ENTIRE INDUSTRY COUNTS SUBSCRIBERS.

That is all.
post #22 of 129
Quote:
Originally Posted by Masked View Post

/sigh.

You're doing the math wrong.

When Blizzard says they're banning 200k accounts, they're mostly INACTIVE accounts...Most of those accounts were dormant because hackers finally gained access to easy passwords etc - It happens almost bi-weekly...Someone on the WoW forums discovers they're part of a bot-net.

Not to mention the "Friend" accounts they work for free based on those 200k hacked accounts...It becomes a very serious daisy chain.

Above/beyond that - They're not all WoW accounts. Pay very close attention to Blizzard's language.

Legitimate subscribers ARE on the rise because they're not considered to be inactive - Inactive accounts can still be slaved for live friend accounts...We all know this to be true.

Diablo 3 users/sales are also up because they use the same verbiage which is how the ENTIRE INDUSTRY COUNTS SUBSCRIBERS.

That is all.

They are using automatic systems for cheaters, i used to work there tongue.gif Those tickets/bloody reports of people count for nothing biggrin.gif
Gaming RigX
(21 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 3970x Asus P9X79 HIS 7970 Kingston Predator 2x8gb DDR3 2133 mhz 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Seagate Constelation 1TB Intel 330 WD 3TB  Seagate Baracuda 2TB Sata III 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Corsair H110 Windows 7 Ultimate Philips 24' EEL IPS 1080P  CM Quickfire Storm Red Switches 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
OCZ 850w ZX None Logitech G400s QCK Mass 
AudioAudioAudioAudio
Beyerdynamics DT 770 Pro 80ohm headphones  Fiio E10 headphone amp/dac  Magnat Supreme 2000 - x2 Marantz PM7200 amp 
Audio
Shure SE215 
  hide details  
Reply
Gaming RigX
(21 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 3970x Asus P9X79 HIS 7970 Kingston Predator 2x8gb DDR3 2133 mhz 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Seagate Constelation 1TB Intel 330 WD 3TB  Seagate Baracuda 2TB Sata III 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Corsair H110 Windows 7 Ultimate Philips 24' EEL IPS 1080P  CM Quickfire Storm Red Switches 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
OCZ 850w ZX None Logitech G400s QCK Mass 
AudioAudioAudioAudio
Beyerdynamics DT 770 Pro 80ohm headphones  Fiio E10 headphone amp/dac  Magnat Supreme 2000 - x2 Marantz PM7200 amp 
Audio
Shure SE215 
  hide details  
Reply
post #23 of 129
Quote:
Originally Posted by jellybeans69 View Post

They are using automatic systems for cheaters, i used to work there tongue.gif Those tickets/bloody reports of people count for nothing biggrin.gif

I am not shocked with that.....if they did count would mean they would have to hire people to look into that....People cost money.....HOWEVER a automated system.....just have a technician or two to keep the computer up and running 24/7....now THAT is more cost effective
my temp rig
(6 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsHard Drive
i7 6700K Asus Z170 Pro Gamin GTX1080 Samsung 830 256GB 
CoolingOS
Hyper 212+ EVO Windows 7 
  hide details  
Reply
my temp rig
(6 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsHard Drive
i7 6700K Asus Z170 Pro Gamin GTX1080 Samsung 830 256GB 
CoolingOS
Hyper 212+ EVO Windows 7 
  hide details  
Reply
post #24 of 129
Quote:
Originally Posted by soth7676 View Post

I am not shocked with that.....if they did count would mean they would have to hire people to look into that....People cost money.....HOWEVER a automated system.....just have a technician or two to keep the computer up and running 24/7....now THAT is more cost effective

Servers are locked in tight up even within employees all i'll tell tongue.gif Those systems are nowhere near simple.
Gaming RigX
(21 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 3970x Asus P9X79 HIS 7970 Kingston Predator 2x8gb DDR3 2133 mhz 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Seagate Constelation 1TB Intel 330 WD 3TB  Seagate Baracuda 2TB Sata III 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Corsair H110 Windows 7 Ultimate Philips 24' EEL IPS 1080P  CM Quickfire Storm Red Switches 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
OCZ 850w ZX None Logitech G400s QCK Mass 
AudioAudioAudioAudio
Beyerdynamics DT 770 Pro 80ohm headphones  Fiio E10 headphone amp/dac  Magnat Supreme 2000 - x2 Marantz PM7200 amp 
Audio
Shure SE215 
  hide details  
Reply
Gaming RigX
(21 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 3970x Asus P9X79 HIS 7970 Kingston Predator 2x8gb DDR3 2133 mhz 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Seagate Constelation 1TB Intel 330 WD 3TB  Seagate Baracuda 2TB Sata III 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Corsair H110 Windows 7 Ultimate Philips 24' EEL IPS 1080P  CM Quickfire Storm Red Switches 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
OCZ 850w ZX None Logitech G400s QCK Mass 
AudioAudioAudioAudio
Beyerdynamics DT 770 Pro 80ohm headphones  Fiio E10 headphone amp/dac  Magnat Supreme 2000 - x2 Marantz PM7200 amp 
Audio
Shure SE215 
  hide details  
Reply
post #25 of 129
Quote:
Originally Posted by jellybeans69 View Post

Servers are locked in tight up even within employees all i'll tell tongue.gif Those systems are nowhere near simple.

I was just mentioning the automatic system you mentioned....if they actually looked into reports and such, that means they would have to hire a staff that would look into them by a case by case basis...however if you automated system that noted anomalities in multiple accounts on the same server....much better to flag those accounts as hackers and ban them...let your customer service department handle it if the system accidently bans a honest player....most hackers wont fight a ban....blizzard knows this, but would rather players jump through hoops to get their account back rather deal with it on a case by case basis...
my temp rig
(6 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsHard Drive
i7 6700K Asus Z170 Pro Gamin GTX1080 Samsung 830 256GB 
CoolingOS
Hyper 212+ EVO Windows 7 
  hide details  
Reply
my temp rig
(6 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsHard Drive
i7 6700K Asus Z170 Pro Gamin GTX1080 Samsung 830 256GB 
CoolingOS
Hyper 212+ EVO Windows 7 
  hide details  
Reply
post #26 of 129
Quote:
Originally Posted by soth7676 View Post

I was just mentioning the automatic system you mentioned....if they actually looked into reports and such, that means they would have to hire a staff that would look into them by a case by case basis...however if you automated system that noted anomalities in multiple accounts on the same server....much better to flag those accounts as hackers and ban them...let your customer service department handle it if the system accidently bans a honest player....most hackers wont fight a ban....blizzard knows this, but would rather players jump through hoops to get their account back rather deal with it on a case by case basis...

Not quite true actually...Definitely not fair.

When you're reported or flagged, it is automatic however, an automatic report gets generated on the back-end.

Keep in mind if you're botting, you're still given a warning for like the first 2 times...They only ban you if it's an egregious offense.

Did the servers for D3 - I've seen this in person.

If your account was incorrectly flagged and you call/email - You ARE getting a live person. - You always have been.

Calling is always recommended though, always.
post #27 of 129
Quote:
Originally Posted by jellybeans69 View Post

They are using automatic systems for cheaters, i used to work there tongue.gif Those tickets/bloody reports of people count for nothing biggrin.gif

In Dota 2 they did work.
Ishimura
(21 items)
 
Silent Knight
(13 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 3770K @ 4.6GHz ASRock Z77E-ITX eVGA GTX 1080 Ti Hybrid AVEXIR Blitz 1.1 16GB DDR3-2400MHz CL10 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingCooling
SanDisk Ultra II 960GB Toshiba X300 5TB Corsair H100i GTX eVGA Hybrid Water Cooler  
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
4x GentleTyphoon AP-15 Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit Philips Brilliance BDM4065UC 4K Razer BlackWidow Chroma  
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
eVGA SuperNOVA 750 G3 Define Nano S Logitech G502 Proteus Core PECHAM Gaming Mouse Pad XX-Large 
AudioAudioAudioAudio
Audioengine D1 DAC Mackie CR Series CR3 Audio-Technica ATH-M50 Sennheiser HD 598 
Audio
Sony XB950BT 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Phenom II X4 955 @ 4.2GHz ASUS M4A79XTD EVO AMD Radeon HD 7970 3GB @ 1200/1500 2x 4GB G.SKILL Ripjaws X DDR3-1600 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
OCZ Agility 3 60GB WD Caviar Green 1.5TB 2 x Seagate Barracuda 2TB XSPC Raystorm 
CoolingCoolingOSPower
EK-FC7970 XSPC RS360 Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit Corsair TX750 
Case
NZXT Switch 810  
  hide details  
Reply
Ishimura
(21 items)
 
Silent Knight
(13 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 3770K @ 4.6GHz ASRock Z77E-ITX eVGA GTX 1080 Ti Hybrid AVEXIR Blitz 1.1 16GB DDR3-2400MHz CL10 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingCooling
SanDisk Ultra II 960GB Toshiba X300 5TB Corsair H100i GTX eVGA Hybrid Water Cooler  
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
4x GentleTyphoon AP-15 Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit Philips Brilliance BDM4065UC 4K Razer BlackWidow Chroma  
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
eVGA SuperNOVA 750 G3 Define Nano S Logitech G502 Proteus Core PECHAM Gaming Mouse Pad XX-Large 
AudioAudioAudioAudio
Audioengine D1 DAC Mackie CR Series CR3 Audio-Technica ATH-M50 Sennheiser HD 598 
Audio
Sony XB950BT 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Phenom II X4 955 @ 4.2GHz ASUS M4A79XTD EVO AMD Radeon HD 7970 3GB @ 1200/1500 2x 4GB G.SKILL Ripjaws X DDR3-1600 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
OCZ Agility 3 60GB WD Caviar Green 1.5TB 2 x Seagate Barracuda 2TB XSPC Raystorm 
CoolingCoolingOSPower
EK-FC7970 XSPC RS360 Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit Corsair TX750 
Case
NZXT Switch 810  
  hide details  
Reply
post #28 of 129
Quote:
Originally Posted by Masked View Post

Not quite true actually...Definitely not fair.

When you're reported or flagged, it is automatic however, an automatic report gets generated on the back-end.

Keep in mind if you're botting, you're still given a warning for like the first 2 times...They only ban you if it's an egregious offense.

Did the servers for D3 - I've seen this in person.

If your account was incorrectly flagged and you call/email - You ARE getting a live person. - You always have been.

Calling is always recommended though, always.

Oh I dont doubt the customer service end has a staff to deal with incorrectly flagged accounts, but the banning process itself, I truly doubt they have a HUGE "anti cheat" staff that deals with case by case reports of suspected cheaters....if they did it wouldnt be huge waves of banned accounts....my guess is they have a extremely small staff ....they look into a few unusual activities of certain players....delve deeper...notice some abnormalities in their software....think it is a new bot, hack, etc....and use that to flag the other accounts for cheating...and if they catch a few inncocents in the process...let customer service deal with them...

Alot of corporations are like that anymore nowadays....I spend time doing half of the job THEY should be doing cause they made a mistake....I swear the next time I do a company's job for them...I am going to give them a bill for the time i spent correcting their messups
my temp rig
(6 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsHard Drive
i7 6700K Asus Z170 Pro Gamin GTX1080 Samsung 830 256GB 
CoolingOS
Hyper 212+ EVO Windows 7 
  hide details  
Reply
my temp rig
(6 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsHard Drive
i7 6700K Asus Z170 Pro Gamin GTX1080 Samsung 830 256GB 
CoolingOS
Hyper 212+ EVO Windows 7 
  hide details  
Reply
post #29 of 129
Quote:
Originally Posted by daviejams View Post

Good , people who cheat in multiplayer games just ruin it for everyone else.

I wouldn't mind living in a world where the entire opposing team can punch a cheater right in the mouth, only once though. I'm sure not many will cheat if this happens. thumb.gif
post #30 of 129
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cybertox View Post

Instead of wasting time and money suing people, Blizzard should invest the resources into developing games with better anti-cheating systems which aren't easy to exploit. There is no way that this law suit is going to be beneficiary for Blizzard.

Interesting, I didn't know their legal department knew how to code.
Forge
(17 items)
 
Forge-LT
(7 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel i7-5960X (4.625Ghz) ASUS X99-DELUXE/U3.1 EVGA 1080ti SC2 Hybrid EVGA 1080ti SC2 Hybrid 
RAMHard DriveCoolingOS
64GB Corsair Dominator Platinum (3000Mhz 8x8GB) Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 512GB EK Predator 240 Windows 10 Enterprise x64 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
2x Acer XR341CK Corsair Vengeance K70 RGB Corsair AX1200 Corsair Graphite 780T 
MouseAudioAudioAudio
Corsair Vengeance M65 RGB Sennheiser HD700 Sound Blaster AE-5 Audio Technica AT4040 
Audio
30ART Mic Tube Amp 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-4720HQ UX501JW-UB71T GTX 960m 16GB 1600 9-9-9-27 
Hard DriveOSMonitor
512GB PCI-e SSD Windows 10 Pro 4k IPS 
  hide details  
Reply
Forge
(17 items)
 
Forge-LT
(7 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel i7-5960X (4.625Ghz) ASUS X99-DELUXE/U3.1 EVGA 1080ti SC2 Hybrid EVGA 1080ti SC2 Hybrid 
RAMHard DriveCoolingOS
64GB Corsair Dominator Platinum (3000Mhz 8x8GB) Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 512GB EK Predator 240 Windows 10 Enterprise x64 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
2x Acer XR341CK Corsair Vengeance K70 RGB Corsair AX1200 Corsair Graphite 780T 
MouseAudioAudioAudio
Corsair Vengeance M65 RGB Sennheiser HD700 Sound Blaster AE-5 Audio Technica AT4040 
Audio
30ART Mic Tube Amp 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-4720HQ UX501JW-UB71T GTX 960m 16GB 1600 9-9-9-27 
Hard DriveOSMonitor
512GB PCI-e SSD Windows 10 Pro 4k IPS 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Video Game News
Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Video Game News › [PCGamer] Blizzard is suing the creator of an Overwatch cheat program