Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Mice › Just ordered CM Storm Alcor and G100s did I make a mistake?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Just ordered CM Storm Alcor and G100s did I make a mistake?

post #1 of 15
Thread Starter 
Been long looking at Alcor and G100s.. So I finally decided to buy them. Going to be arriving by wednesday. Anything I should know? such as if G100s works properly only on 1k DPI and alcor on 800 or anything? should I leave the firmware on stock or update it?
post #2 of 15
G100s should work totally fine on every step of 250, but it gets increasingly jittery above 1000. up to you whether that's usable or not!
post #3 of 15
Stock fw Alcor @ 800dpi + LOD tape trick.
And you could try this:
https://github.com/thelink2012/cmalcor
post #4 of 15
I use the Alcor myself. Actually I can recommend downloading firmware 2.2.1 to reduce the LOD. Don't use it on 400 dpi then though, I notice quite the input lag there. 800 dpi feels as good as with the stock firmware imho.
Edited by Taleb - 10/10/16 at 6:35am
post #5 of 15
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucake View Post

G100s should work totally fine on every step of 250, but it gets increasingly jittery above 1000. up to you whether that's usable or not!

so I can use it at 500 or 750 that's fine with me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taleb View Post

I use the Alcor myself. Actually I can recommend downloading firmware 2.2.1 to reduce the LOD. Don't use it on 400 dpi then though, I notice quite the input lag there. 800 dpi feels as good as with the stock firmware imho.

Alrighty. Thank you very much for the info smile.gif
post #6 of 15
Thread Starter 
Does anyone know whats the difference between Alcor's firmware?

2.2.1
Description [ FPS version ]
- DPI: 400(Red) / 800(Yellow) / 1600(Blue) / 2000(Green)
- LOD < 1.7mm
- Modify button response time to 8ms

2.2.1
Description [ FPS, 8ms version ]
- DPI: 400(Red) / 800(Yellow) / 1600(Blue) / 2000(Green)
- LOD < 1.7mm
- Modify button response time to 8ms
- Report rate 8ms


Does the latter just mean there's an option to choose 125hz as polling rate?
post #7 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twiffle View Post

Been long looking at Alcor and G100s.. So I finally decided to buy them. Going to be arriving by wednesday. Anything I should know? such as if G100s works properly only on 1k DPI and alcor on 800 or anything? should I leave the firmware on stock or update it?

G100s is a small mouse. Both Alcor and Mizar are similar to build quality of Finalmouse which is cheap.
post #8 of 15
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poodle View Post

G100s is a small mouse. Both Alcor and Mizar are similar to build quality of Finalmouse which is cheap.
Well doesn't matter to me if it "feels" cheap.. as long as it fits my hand and grip style. To be honest I don't even know anymore which grip type of a person I am. Seems I can adapt pretty easily to any grip . G100s should be around same size as G303 except with a bit better shape and not as wobbly.

Thank you for your input though tongue.gif
post #9 of 15
G100s = Best mouse..

Lightest weight, Easily moddable to Japan-Omron..

biggrin.gif
post #10 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twiffle View Post

Does anyone know whats the difference between Alcor's firmware?

2.2.1
Description [ FPS version ]
- DPI: 400(Red) / 800(Yellow) / 1600(Blue) / 2000(Green)
- LOD < 1.7mm
- Modify button response time to 8ms

2.2.1
Description [ FPS, 8ms version ]
- DPI: 400(Red) / 800(Yellow) / 1600(Blue) / 2000(Green)
- LOD < 1.7mm
- Modify button response time to 8ms
- Report rate 8ms


Does the latter just mean there's an option to choose 125hz as polling rate?

The "8ms version" is permanently 125Hz. The first version is permanently 1000Hz. Why? Blame CrossFire.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Mice
Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Mice › Just ordered CM Storm Alcor and G100s did I make a mistake?