Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Monitors and Displays › XL2430T questions.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

XL2430T questions.

post #1 of 15
Thread Starter 
Hey

I'm in need of a new monitor, my current one is XL2411T. I have had it for 4 years and I love it, so I've been looking at the new XL2430T, but I'm curious about the flashbang issue has been fixed? Is there no way to disable the auto black EQ while still making use of brigther black spots?

I just don't want my screen to constantly change in colors as it pleases.. I want one setting and thats it... right now I use black EQ on 12, I can't live without or it will be way too dark, even with full brightness 100%

Thanks.
post #2 of 15
I'm quite sure that the flashbang issue has been addressed and fixed in the newest firmware available for this monitor. I had this monitor one week ago, and did not notice such an issue
post #3 of 15
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by maxvons View Post

I'm quite sure that the flashbang issue has been addressed and fixed in the newest firmware available for this monitor. I had this monitor one week ago, and did not notice such an issue

Thanks. thumb.gif

Does the black EQ still change random places, or can you adjust it to one setting? Also is the digital vibrance thing, inbuilt within or does it only use the nvidia controlpanel to put it? / can both be used at the same time to double the amount?
post #4 of 15
The XL2430T sucks. Black Equalizer screws up the gamma to create the illusion that it is helping, and the Digital Vibrancy further reduces the color accuracy of an already inaccurate monitor. The LG 24GM77 (144hz or 120hz back-light strobing) and Viewsonic XG2401 are similarly priced and have excellent image quality out of the box while the BenQ's (XL2411Z & XL2430T) are horrible and need to be switched to the Standard mode to offer remotely decent image quality.
Edited by MenacingTuba - 7/11/16 at 8:10pm
Dr. Tesla
(17 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 4770k MSI Z87 MPOWER MAX Zotac GTX 980 Ti AMP! Extreme Patriot Viper 3 Series, Sapphire Blue Edition D... 
CoolingOSMonitorMonitor
Corsair H80 Windows 7 Ultimate X-Star DP2710 Glossy Qnix QX2710 Matte 
MonitorMonitorKeyboardPower
Viewsonic VP2780-4K HP 25er Razer Black Widow Ultimate Antec HCP 1200w 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Lian Li PC-P80 Razer Lachesis Roccat Sense Glacier Blue Beyerdynamic T90 Jubilee 
Audio
Essence HDACC 
  hide details  
Reply
Dr. Tesla
(17 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 4770k MSI Z87 MPOWER MAX Zotac GTX 980 Ti AMP! Extreme Patriot Viper 3 Series, Sapphire Blue Edition D... 
CoolingOSMonitorMonitor
Corsair H80 Windows 7 Ultimate X-Star DP2710 Glossy Qnix QX2710 Matte 
MonitorMonitorKeyboardPower
Viewsonic VP2780-4K HP 25er Razer Black Widow Ultimate Antec HCP 1200w 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Lian Li PC-P80 Razer Lachesis Roccat Sense Glacier Blue Beyerdynamic T90 Jubilee 
Audio
Essence HDACC 
  hide details  
Reply
post #5 of 15
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by MenacingTuba View Post

The XL2430T sucks. Black Equalizer screws up the gamma to create the illusion that it is helping, and the Digital Vibrancy further reduces the color accuracy of an already inaccurate monitor. The LG 24GM77 (144hz or 120hz back-light strobing) and Viewsonic XG2401 are similarly priced and have excellent image quality out of the box while the BenQ's (XL2411Z & XL2430T) are horrible and need to be switched to the Standard mode to offer remotely decent image quality.

I'm aware of the colors, as I've mentioned, I've had the XL2411T for 4-5 years now, so I'm used to it, also I've been using the FPS1 mode for all the years, and this one should have worse colors than the XL2430T so it wont bother me, all I do is play games anyways, I don't need the perfect image.

However I'm still open to other suggestions, the LG and the Viewsonic are both at $430 in my country thanks to european VAT and low supply. I can only find two stores that sells either of them. BenQ has 9+ stores and sits at $350, I'd rather not go higher up for a monitor.
Edited by Aymanb - 7/11/16 at 9:49pm
post #6 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aymanb View Post

Thanks. thumb.gif

Does the black EQ still change random places, or can you adjust it to one setting? Also is the digital vibrance thing, inbuilt within or does it only use the nvidia controlpanel to put it? / can both be used at the same time to double the amount?

The black EQ does not change anymore. That was part of the flash bang issue that they fixed. The digital vibrance can be used together with the Nvidia control panel settings. But I highly recommend you do not touch the vibrance setting on the monitor, as any other setting than default crushes black details considerably. The default is fine, just a tad flat. Your visibility and general color and gamma accuracy is way better on the default setting.
post #7 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aymanb View Post

I'm aware of the colors, as I've mentioned, I've had the XL2411T for 4-5 years now, so I'm used to it, also I've been using the FPS1 mode for all the years, and this one should have worse colors than the XL2430T so it wont bother me, all I do is play games anyways, I don't need the perfect image.

However I'm still open to other suggestions, the LG and the Viewsonic are both at $430 in my country thanks to european VAT and low supply. I can only find two stores that sells either of them. BenQ has 9+ stores and sits at $350, I'd rather not go higher up for a monitor.

Since you're somewhat on a budget, I would actually recommend the XL2411Z over the XL2430T. The XL2411Z actually uses the same panel, so there shouldn't be any difference in terms of image quality.. With the XL2430T you mainly pay for the build quality and extra features, not the panel quality. Such features include the S-switch, which I never used, and DisplayPort compatibility.
post #8 of 15
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by maxvons View Post

Since you're somewhat on a budget, I would actually recommend the XL2411Z over the XL2430T. The XL2411Z actually uses the same panel, so there shouldn't be any difference in terms of image quality.. With the XL2430T you mainly pay for the build quality and extra features, not the panel quality. Such features include the S-switch, which I never used, and DisplayPort compatibility.

You're right, specielly that they upped the price of the XL2430T again. No way the price difference is worth it for features I'll never use.
post #9 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aymanb View Post

I'm aware of the colors, as I've mentioned, I've had the XL2411T for 4-5 years now, so I'm used to it, also I've been using the FPS1 mode for all the years, and this one should have worse colors than the XL2430T so it wont bother me, all I do is play games anyways, I don't need the perfect image.

Actually the new new XL monitors aside from the XL2420G are even worse than the XL2411T. So while you may have very low standards and are easily satisfied, there's still no point in spending money on another mediocre BenQ. If you don't want to save up for the LG or Viewosnic there's the AOC G2460PF which while mediocre, is still better than the BenQ's, especially if you use the ICC profile from PC Monitors review to fix the low preset gamma.

https://pcmonitors.info/reviews/aoc-g2460pf/
Dr. Tesla
(17 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 4770k MSI Z87 MPOWER MAX Zotac GTX 980 Ti AMP! Extreme Patriot Viper 3 Series, Sapphire Blue Edition D... 
CoolingOSMonitorMonitor
Corsair H80 Windows 7 Ultimate X-Star DP2710 Glossy Qnix QX2710 Matte 
MonitorMonitorKeyboardPower
Viewsonic VP2780-4K HP 25er Razer Black Widow Ultimate Antec HCP 1200w 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Lian Li PC-P80 Razer Lachesis Roccat Sense Glacier Blue Beyerdynamic T90 Jubilee 
Audio
Essence HDACC 
  hide details  
Reply
Dr. Tesla
(17 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 4770k MSI Z87 MPOWER MAX Zotac GTX 980 Ti AMP! Extreme Patriot Viper 3 Series, Sapphire Blue Edition D... 
CoolingOSMonitorMonitor
Corsair H80 Windows 7 Ultimate X-Star DP2710 Glossy Qnix QX2710 Matte 
MonitorMonitorKeyboardPower
Viewsonic VP2780-4K HP 25er Razer Black Widow Ultimate Antec HCP 1200w 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Lian Li PC-P80 Razer Lachesis Roccat Sense Glacier Blue Beyerdynamic T90 Jubilee 
Audio
Essence HDACC 
  hide details  
Reply
post #10 of 15
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by MenacingTuba View Post

Actually the new new XL monitors aside from the XL2420G are even worse than the XL2411T. So while you may have very low standards and are easily satisfied, there's still no point in spending money on another mediocre BenQ. If you don't want to save up for the LG or Viewosnic there's the AOC G2460PF which while mediocre, is still better than the BenQ's, especially if you use the ICC profile from PC Monitors review to fix the low preset gamma.

https://pcmonitors.info/reviews/aoc-g2460pf/

Why is the XL2411Z worse than the 11T? I wouldnt say i have low standards, I'm just happy with my current monitor and wouldn't mind a new of the same.

The price means a lot to me because I'm going to buy the gtx 1060/70 and need as much money as possible for that one which I find more important than the monitor.

Not a fan of AOC brand/design.
Edited by Aymanb - 7/12/16 at 8:36pm
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Monitors and Displays
Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Monitors and Displays › XL2430T questions.