- What happened? Received BSOD after OC'ing my new i7-6700k
MOBO: msi gaming z170a-g45
RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2400mhz 2x8gb
GPU: R9 390 PCS+
psu: EVGA Supernova 750w fully modular/ 80+ gold
- Are you able to reproduce this problem consistently? Anytime I would adjust settings in BIOS for cpu ratio and voltage and restart with those settings I would get the BSOD( System service exception). I started my cpu ratio at 4.5mhz and put the voltage at 1.300. After receiving the BSOD I would adjust the voltage up to 1.35 and after another restart just went to default and same result.
- What steps did you take to reproduce this problem?
- What action did you expect to occur when this bug appeared?
- Any additional information that will help us diagnose the issue: I didnt troubleshoot all too much( being as i've never OC'd before), but I removed the pump(H80i) from the cpu and removed old thermal paste and reapplied new paste on both the pump and cpu, moved the ram from different slots( Corsair vengeance LPX 2400: 2X8GB)
- Browser, active browser addons, and operating system: Win 10 64bit
- URL where the issue occurs:
Edited by idigscars - 7/9/16 at 1:40pm