Overclock.net › Forums › Intel › Intel Motherboards › Asus ROG motherboard " enter setup to recover bios settings "
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Asus ROG motherboard " enter setup to recover bios settings "

post #1 of 8
Thread Starter 
Hi, recently whenever I boot up my PC it keeps showing me a page that says enter setup to recover bios settings and press f1 to enter setup, and its annoying as I have to keep changing my values since I overclock my CPU. The date and time are also always screwed up.

I googled a little and read that I should try clearing CMOS or flashing BIOS, however on asus website there isn't a windows 10 supported BIOS file. Clearing CMOS didnt work.

Anyone has any fix?

Thanks in advance
post #2 of 8
Sounds like you have some unstable OC settings there. Do you get the same behavior if you put your CPU back to the default settings?
post #3 of 8
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by blaze2210 View Post

Sounds like you have some unstable OC settings there. Do you get the same behavior if you put your CPU back to the default settings?

Hey thanks for the tip,
I wanted to try but it seems like when I restart or shut down and up within a brief moment it doesnt happen. Seems like it only happens if I shut it down for a few hours.

Any idea? :/
post #4 of 8
I stand by my original statement and question. Though, it could be that your Input voltage or core voltage are a little off. I recommend you fill out your components in the Rigbuilder on here, and add that to your signature. That way, it gives me and anyone else popping in here, the ability to help you better. thumb.gif
post #5 of 8
The date and time being lost after some time off really makes me think your cmos battery is failing.

But I just never see this happen so it may be a corrupted bios and indeed in need of a flash.

I also would think any available bios for your board would work fine with windows 10.I have seen very old boards running 10.
My System
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
I5-750 4.3@1.375v Asus Maximus III Formula Asus ENGTX465 4gb G Skill 2000 Mhz.Trident @2133 9-9-9-27 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
OCZ VERTEX 2 50GB SSD/WD 500GB Blue/WD640GB Black Samsung DVD/RW Corsair H-50 Windows 10 home 64 Bit Retail 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
ASUS 24"1080P LED Asus VE248H Abs M1 Cooler master silent pro 600 modular M600 RS-60... Lian Li Lancool PCK-58 
MouseMouse Pad
Steelseries Kinzu no 
  hide details  
Reply
My System
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
I5-750 4.3@1.375v Asus Maximus III Formula Asus ENGTX465 4gb G Skill 2000 Mhz.Trident @2133 9-9-9-27 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
OCZ VERTEX 2 50GB SSD/WD 500GB Blue/WD640GB Black Samsung DVD/RW Corsair H-50 Windows 10 home 64 Bit Retail 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
ASUS 24"1080P LED Asus VE248H Abs M1 Cooler master silent pro 600 modular M600 RS-60... Lian Li Lancool PCK-58 
MouseMouse Pad
Steelseries Kinzu no 
  hide details  
Reply
post #6 of 8
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by blaze2210 View Post

I stand by my original statement and question. Though, it could be that your Input voltage or core voltage are a little off. I recommend you fill out your components in the Rigbuilder on here, and add that to your signature. That way, it gives me and anyone else popping in here, the ability to help you better. thumb.gif

Hey my components are
Asus Maximus IV Extreme-Z
I5-2500K
AMD Radeon HD6950
3x4GB Ram at 1600Mhz
CM V6GT Cooler

I only tweak it a little, I made the cpu run at 4.3Ghz and changed my Vcore to 1.35V and thats about it. Is this off?Also it happened today again when I shut it down for like 12 hours.
Quote:
Originally Posted by djsi38t View Post

The date and time being lost after some time off really makes me think your cmos battery is failing.

But I just never see this happen so it may be a corrupted bios and indeed in need of a flash.

I also would think any available bios for your board would work fine with windows 10.I have seen very old boards running 10.

Hey sorry I think the time was wrong because I didn't on set time automatically in windows.
So I could flash a bios with the windows 8.1 version given in ASUS website?

Thanks once again guys
post #7 of 8
Hi, saw this thread, had to join and respond.

I think I had this problem with a z170 Progamer?

No matter what I did it would continue in this same loop.

What I had to do to resolve the loop was download the bios to flash memory in FAT32 format as the bios would not read as legit file in NTFS.

Then I had to use a 2.0 USB port, not the 3.0 and flash the bios from the memory stick, then it completed checking and left the loop.
Salem's Box
(13 items)
 
  
Reply
Salem's Box
(13 items)
 
  
Reply
post #8 of 8
Thread Starter 
Hey all I solved the problem by replacing the CMOS battery. Thank you all for your help !!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Intel Motherboards
Overclock.net › Forums › Intel › Intel Motherboards › Asus ROG motherboard " enter setup to recover bios settings "