Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Monitors and Displays › Samsung monitors of 2016 introduced (Curved, High Resolution, Gaming, Flat and Business monitor.), help me understand 125% sRGB and quantum dot
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Samsung monitors of 2016 introduced (Curved, High Resolution, Gaming, Flat and Business monitor.), help me understand 125% sRGB and quantum dot - Page 355

post #3541 of 3779
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiftstealth View Post

That is likely a cabling issue, be it with the external cable, or the internal cable. You could either return it, or open that bad boy up.
Purple trailing on VA panels is an issue with overdrive. My Lenovo Y27G which uses the same panel gets the purple trailing if the overdrive is set to extreme. Set it to normal and the trailing goes away.

Only option this monitor has like that is for strobing (standard, faster, and fastest) and the purple trailing happens on all of them.
Also, do you think it'd be a good idea to send a monitor with internal problems to Samsung for repair? My concern is that it might end up with further problems that it didn't originally have.
post #3542 of 3779
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unrivaledx21 View Post

December, which has the most recent firmware, and the calibration report is very good.

Im not very good on monitor calibration numbers so could you please explain why is it "very good"? Thanks.
post #3543 of 3779
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gdourado View Post

Hi,

I am wondering how the curve works in use.
The curved displays on Ultra wide large screens kind of makes sense to me.
Because they strech out to the sides and a person usually sits close to them.
But on TV's, it doesn't make too much sense to me, because a person usually sit's far away, and as such, it is not "inside" the curve to take advantage of it.
I'm kind of thinking the same with this, as even the 27 inch is not big enough for the user to be inside the curve. We would have to be using the screen with the nose right next to it.

But how does it work in use?
Is the curve really an advantage?

Cheers!
Curve on 27 and under IMHO is a disadvantage, especially a small radius curve. Haven't seen any programs or mods able to render undistorted to a curved monitor. So if you're OK with the curved distortion and seeing it everywhere, it's ok.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiftstealth View Post


If you 2 are adventurous you can repair back light bleed. Back light bleed, and IPS glow are not 1 in the same. Back light bleed commonly happens when the panel is receeded from being flush with the bezel thus the edge lit LED's can be seen illuminating the back of the screen from the corner of the bezel of the panel. This is typically more commonly repaired in laptops. Here is am image to assist with what i'm talking about


Based on this image you will receive back light bleed when the black part of the panel isn't flush with the grey part. This is because the LED's of the edge lighting are flush with the grey part while the panel is not. Obviously i'm not saying this is acceptable, but it is repairable. I'm guessing this is more prevalent in curved displays because it is probably harder to get a monitor with a curve flush against the bezel.

Note this is not a panel defect, but more of a physical 2mm leak defect around the edge of the bezel. This should not be confused with IPS glow which is along the entirety of the screen because of the nature of the panel.
Yep. The backlighting is misaligned which makes it shine on wrong parts of the panel. The construction of many panels is flimsy, they are not sealed or anything, even damn thrips can crawl inside. You can take them apart at home. They try to hold it all together often with some metal frame and push it more together with the outer plastic shell but especially for curved displays that's gonna be tough job to manage. The accuracy simply isn't that high and having a nice solid sealed panel package would be the way to go. It's not like many will be repairing these panels anyway, when they do you get dust inside it because they didn't use a clean room and you will be RMAing again and again, Hewlett Packard fail right there when refurbishing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leopardi View Post

I wish Samsung has learned and the coming CHG's will have overdrive setting, so we can adjust it away. So stupid that the CFG70 doesn't have it, it was there in the early videos.
Agreed, there are basic options missing on the CFG70s frown.gif
Quote:
Originally Posted by nivinam View Post

Im not very good on monitor calibration numbers so could you please explain why is it "very good"? Thanks.
Low deviation in what the colors should look like represented in some error numbers on the report, something like dE, dC etc.

---

Waiting for the newer and flat versions.
post #3544 of 3779
Quote:
Originally Posted by nivinam View Post

December 2016, FB02

So i got kinda old stock since people reported even february builds but I guess once I test ill know for sure whats wrong and what not.

I am with Feb 2017, so far no issues.
Quote:
and the purple trailing happens on all of them.

Not on mine:
https://youtu.be/SDGI2foSNX8

And I am not the only one. There are other guys reporting over the web that Feb 2017 - 24 or 27" have no purple trailing issues.
Edited by TomCruisader - 4/11/17 at 7:10am
post #3545 of 3779
Quote:
Originally Posted by TomCruisader View Post

I am with Feb 2017, so far no issues.
Not on mine:
https://youtu.be/SDGI2foSNX8

And I am not the only one. There are other guys reporting over the web that Feb 2017 - 24 or 27" have no purple trailing issues.

It's possible that your's doesn't, but I think it is the settings you have it all on that prevents you from noticing it. Try having the monitor on default settings and make sure that nVidia control panel/radeon software aren't changing any settings in regards to brightness, contrast, and gamma. Default monitor settings Black eQ 13, brightness 100, contrast 75, sharpness 60. The only difference that I've seen between multiple versions of this monitor is that when the black eQ is raised it produces a different trailing effect sometimes green and other times orange.
post #3546 of 3779
Quote:
Originally Posted by nivinam View Post

Im not very good on monitor calibration numbers so could you please explain why is it "very good"? Thanks.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unrivaledx21 View Post

As for the calibration reports both of them are quite good. Ideally you'd want a steady line around 6500, as close to 2.2 gamma as possible, and as low as possible delta E. I have had ones that had 3.75 delta E and very jumpy grayscale chromaticity. In all honestly I didn't notice a difference between the bad calibration reports and good ones in regards to color accuracy etc.

Gamma at 2.19 is excellent when most don't get as close to 2.2. Your grayscale chromaticity is very steady and the delta E is as well extremely good. If your's doesn't have any prominent bleeding or other defects, then you honestly got very lucky with that one and there is no reason to think twice about keeping it.
Edited by Unrivaledx21 - 4/11/17 at 8:18am
post #3547 of 3779
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unrivaledx21 View Post

It's possible that your's doesn't, but I think it is the settings you have it all on that prevents you from noticing it. Try having the monitor on default settings and make sure that nVidia control panel/radeon software aren't changing any settings in regards to brightness, contrast, and gamma. Default monitor settings Black eQ 13, brightness 100, contrast 75, sharpness 60. The only difference that I've seen between multiple versions of this monitor is that when the black eQ is raised it produces a different trailing effect sometimes green and other times orange.

Yes, with those settings it is there, but not at the same overblown level as older models and videos.
If we compare it to the original screenshot video from the CoD game, I get more then 60% less overshoot, with regards to the other owner's monitor.
Like I said in game I cannot notice it. Does not impact my experience in any way, I love it so far, compare to my other VA monitor which is from Dell - where trailing is noticeable in some places and bleed there is visible with other colors, it's way better, in Dell's defense it is not suited for gaming so, but for the price I got it, it's an imminence value. Honestly if I had to choose between this one and some TN gaming monitor, I'd still choose the Samsung any day.
I loath TN panels, even when our boss loaded us with monitors on our work place, they were some crappy TN AOC displays, a month later I returned mine and bought a used Dell UltraSharp with IPS display, saved my work and eyes. To this day I never bought TN and never will.

My Calibration Report:
http://imgur.com/a/oqbQl
Edited by TomCruisader - 4/11/17 at 8:55am
post #3548 of 3779
Few first impression:
1. I can see the curve from the bezel but once im using it is flat for me and i barely see a difference. I dont understand why it would annoy someone, lol.
2. My monitor has slight coil whine/buzzing while using normal response and the buzzing is louder while using fastest preset, a bit annoying but possible to live unless someone know how to reduce it.
3. The strobe is amazing. When you quickly drag notepad full of text its impossible to read due to blurriness but with fastest preset its crystal clear, amazing! Have yet to see how it works in-game.
Also I have a question regarding fastest preset, what happens If I would play some game that gives bad fps? Let's say 30, would it still be crystal clear and smooth or the effect would be gone and its better just to use normal mode and fastest just for 144+ games.
4. Fastest preset does indeed lower brightness, not how earlier models were 100% brightness. I would say fastest puts it at around 60%? and even 100% isnt that bad.
5. When moving the "pink trail" reference image I do see pinkish trail in both normal and fastest but it's really not that bad. I need to test it in-game, but if its like in the image its absolutely fine and easy to deal considering this is VA and not ****ty TN panel.
6. At full black screen and 80% brightness I do see a bit of white coming out of right bottom corner but its ok for me, never found this a problem.
7. 0 dead pixels
8. What color numbers/contrasts are people using? 50/50/50 is way to reddish so for me 40/50/50 seems ok, not sure about the rest.
9. What black equalizer should I use? Any suggestions?

Even thought I read like 300 pages of comments in here before buying this monitor can't remember what other tests to do to decide how good the panel is, any help or comments are appreciated.
Edited by nivinam - 4/11/17 at 2:40pm
post #3549 of 3779
Quote:
Originally Posted by nivinam View Post

Few first impression:
1. I can see the curve from the bezel but once im using it is flat for me and i barely see a difference. I dont understand why it would annoy someone, lol.
2. My monitor has slight coil whine/buzzing while using normal response and the buzzing is louder while using fastest preset, a bit annoying but possible to live unless someone know how to reduce it.
3. The strobe is amazing. When you quickly drag notepad full of text its impossible to read due to blurriness but with fastest preset its crystal clear, amazing! Have yet to see how it works in-game.
Also I have a question regarding fastest preset, what happens If I would play some game that gives bad fps? Let's say 30, would it still be crystal clear and smooth or the effect would be gone and its better just to use normal mode and fastest just for 144+ games.
4. Fastest preset does indeed lower brightness, not how earlier models were 100% brightness. I would say fastest puts it at around 60%? and even 100% isnt that bad.
5. When moving the "pink trail" reference image I do see pinkish trail in both normal and fastest but it's really not that bad. I need to test it in-game, but if its like in the image its absolutely fine and easy to deal considering this is VA and not ****ty TN panel.
6. At full black screen and 80% brightness I do see a bit of white coming out of right bottom corner but its ok for me, never found this a problem.
7. 0 dead pixels
8. What color numbers/contrasts are people using? 50/50/50 is way to reddish so for me 40/50/50 seems ok, not sure about the rest.
9. What black equalizer should I use? Any suggestions?

Even thought I read like 300 pages of comments in here before buying this monitor can't remember what other tests to do to decide how good the panel is, any help or comments are appreciated.

Which monitor are u talking about??
post #3550 of 3779
Quote:
Originally Posted by MuscleBound View Post

Which monitor are u talking about??
C24FG70
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Monitors and Displays
Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Monitors and Displays › Samsung monitors of 2016 introduced (Curved, High Resolution, Gaming, Flat and Business monitor.), help me understand 125% sRGB and quantum dot