Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › NVIDIA › NVIDIA Drivers and Overclocking Software › Ongoing Pascal latency problems - Hotfix doesn't work for everyone.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Ongoing Pascal latency problems - Hotfix doesn't work for everyone. - Page 68

post #671 of 1679
Quote:
LatencyMon only shows peak values, not a log of past values
thats really where it is worse than LatChecker
The Green Beast
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 3770K @ 4500 Mhz ASRock Z77 Pro3 Gigabyte GTX 1080 G1 Gaming Crucial Ballistix 2x8GB DDR3-1600 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
SSD Crucial M550 500GB SSD Samsung 850 Evo 1TB HDD Seagate 7200rpm 3TB Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO; Xilence X5 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 10 Pro 64-bit Acer Predator XB271HU 27" IPS Gsync 1440p 165Hz CM Storm QuickFire XT Cherry Red 800W modular 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Fractal Design Define R4 Black Logitech G900 Chaos Spectrum SteelSeries QcK+ 4mm SK Gaming Realtek On-board 
  hide details  
Reply
The Green Beast
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 3770K @ 4500 Mhz ASRock Z77 Pro3 Gigabyte GTX 1080 G1 Gaming Crucial Ballistix 2x8GB DDR3-1600 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
SSD Crucial M550 500GB SSD Samsung 850 Evo 1TB HDD Seagate 7200rpm 3TB Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO; Xilence X5 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 10 Pro 64-bit Acer Predator XB271HU 27" IPS Gsync 1440p 165Hz CM Storm QuickFire XT Cherry Red 800W modular 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Fractal Design Define R4 Black Logitech G900 Chaos Spectrum SteelSeries QcK+ 4mm SK Gaming Realtek On-board 
  hide details  
Reply
post #672 of 1679
I can also confirm a reduction in latency on idle with the hotfix applied and a GTX 1070.
post #673 of 1679
Hot fix worked for me. Had to do a DDU uninstall of the old driver first though.

I should clarify that I had no stutter in anything, just the high latency in LatencyMon.
Super P's rig
(20 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
5960x ASUS X99-A II Asus GTX 1080 Ti Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
MyDigitalSSD BPX NVMe Samsung 850 EVO Seagate Momentus XT 500 GB External DVDRW 
CoolingCoolingOSMonitor
EK-XLC Predator 240 Swiftech 240mm Radiator Windows 10 Samsung 40" 4K - UN40KU6290 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
G710+ EVGA SuperNOVA 850G2 Fractal Design Define S G700s 
Mouse PadAudioAudioAudio
Vipamz Extended XXXL Asus U7 M-Audio AV40 Sennheiser HD 439 
  hide details  
Reply
Super P's rig
(20 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
5960x ASUS X99-A II Asus GTX 1080 Ti Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
MyDigitalSSD BPX NVMe Samsung 850 EVO Seagate Momentus XT 500 GB External DVDRW 
CoolingCoolingOSMonitor
EK-XLC Predator 240 Swiftech 240mm Radiator Windows 10 Samsung 40" 4K - UN40KU6290 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
G710+ EVGA SuperNOVA 850G2 Fractal Design Define S G700s 
Mouse PadAudioAudioAudio
Vipamz Extended XXXL Asus U7 M-Audio AV40 Sennheiser HD 439 
  hide details  
Reply
post #674 of 1679
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taint3dBulge View Post

Before the driver



After installing the fix




This is on Sli 780ti classifieds.

that good to know

glad the fix worked for the 780's smile.gif
post #675 of 1679
Having a stutterfest on my computer. What's weird is gameplay is very smooth and then goes downhill after a few minutes. I'm losing framerate on this too. Noticed some weird stuff going in in afterburner when the stuttering started too. Default clocks, geforce experience is not installed, g-sync enabled. Some people reporting problems specifically with g sync as well with the stuttering. Makes it seem like g-sync is not working. Going to try disabling it and seeing what happens.

Pictures go from idling on desktop with just chrome open, then gaming, and my gpu usage graph. I'm using an EVGA GTX 1080 FTW.

Edit: This is the latest hotfix driver.

IDLE:


GAMING:


Edited by sivarthcaz - 7/22/16 at 5:44pm
PC
(11 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 6700K [4.6ghz] Gigabyte GA-Z170X-Gaming 7 EVGA GTX 1080 FTW [2200mhz core] 16GB G.Skill Trident Z DDR4 [3200mhz] 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Samsung 850 EVO [1TB] Custom CPU/GPU loop W10 64-bit Dell S2716DG 144hz G-Sync 
PowerCaseAudio
EVGA SuperNOVA 750 G2 Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ATX ASUS Xonar Essence STX 
  hide details  
Reply
PC
(11 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 6700K [4.6ghz] Gigabyte GA-Z170X-Gaming 7 EVGA GTX 1080 FTW [2200mhz core] 16GB G.Skill Trident Z DDR4 [3200mhz] 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Samsung 850 EVO [1TB] Custom CPU/GPU loop W10 64-bit Dell S2716DG 144hz G-Sync 
PowerCaseAudio
EVGA SuperNOVA 750 G2 Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ATX ASUS Xonar Essence STX 
  hide details  
Reply
post #676 of 1679
Hotfix driver helped, it's no longer going straight into the red with 1-4k us. However it is still fairly high compared to when I had my three-way AMD 7970s. Right now it's idling at around 100us with highest at 366us. With my AMD cards I would idle around 10-30us and spike to 100us at most.
post #677 of 1679
Quote:
Originally Posted by amvnz View Post

Hotfix driver helped, it's no longer going straight into the red with 1-4k us. However it is still fairly high compared to when I had my three-way AMD 7970s. Right now it's idling at around 100us with highest at 366us. With my AMD cards I would idle around 10-30us and spike to 100us at most.
Same here. AMD drivers don't even make a dent in latency. My system idles around 5-10 microseconds, with Intel network drivers spiking to 100-150 microseconds occasionally.

To see that the cards i'm still considering for my new build are still not completely issue-free after a hotfix is a bit disheartening.
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 6700k 4.5 GHz 1.3v Asus Z170i MSI 980Ti 1490/7760 MHz G.skill DDR4 8 GB x2 3733 MHz 15-15-15-35-1 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Samsung 850 EVO 1 TB Crucial M4 256 GB NH-C14S Windows 10 Student 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
TBD Cooler Master Quick Fire TK Corsair SF600 Fractal Core 500 
MouseMouse PadAudioAudio
Zowie EC2-A Zowie G TF-X Fiio E17 v1 Sennheiser HD 598 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 6700k 4.5 GHz 1.3v Asus Z170i MSI 980Ti 1490/7760 MHz G.skill DDR4 8 GB x2 3733 MHz 15-15-15-35-1 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Samsung 850 EVO 1 TB Crucial M4 256 GB NH-C14S Windows 10 Student 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
TBD Cooler Master Quick Fire TK Corsair SF600 Fractal Core 500 
MouseMouse PadAudioAudio
Zowie EC2-A Zowie G TF-X Fiio E17 v1 Sennheiser HD 598 
  hide details  
Reply
post #678 of 1679
Quote:
Originally Posted by sivarthcaz View Post

Having a stutterfest on my computer. What's weird is gameplay is very smooth and then goes downhill after a few minutes. I'm losing framerate on this too. Noticed some weird stuff going in in afterburner when the stuttering started too. Default clocks, geforce experience is not installed, g-sync enabled. Some people reporting problems specifically with g sync as well with the stuttering. Makes it seem like g-sync is not working. Going to try disabling it and seeing what happens.

Pictures go from idling on desktop with just chrome open, then gaming, and my gpu usage graph. I'm using an EVGA GTX 1080 FTW.

Edit: This is the latest hotfix driver.

IDLE:


GAMING:


Yes i have found this too re gsync seems to be not working correctly getting stutters which where not there before its not every game i have tested so far just some will do more testing tomorrow .
post #679 of 1679
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToTheSun! View Post

Same here. AMD drivers don't even make a dent in latency. My system idles around 5-10 microseconds, with Intel network drivers spiking to 100-150 microseconds occasionally.

To see that the cards i'm still considering for my new build are still not completely issue-free after a hotfix is a bit disheartening.

Well lets hope that's not the end of the DPC fix and they spend more time fine tuning it ...

It would not surprise me if the VR stuff in the drivers has caused this

be good if nvidia gave more choice when installing driver No vr tech or a slim down driver with non of the bloat-ware in the package

I would like to know what VR tech is installed on a peeps pc's to which they may never use it
post #680 of 1679
Quote:
Originally Posted by harney View Post

Yes i have found this too re gsync seems to be not working correctly getting stutters which where not there before its not every game i have tested so far just some will do more testing tomorrow .

I dont think it's doing it in all games either. I noticed it playing battlefront big time. Not so much in battlefield 4. There's some posts elsewhere as well about people having issues with g-sync and the fps drops/stutter - just did some quick google searches.
PC
(11 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 6700K [4.6ghz] Gigabyte GA-Z170X-Gaming 7 EVGA GTX 1080 FTW [2200mhz core] 16GB G.Skill Trident Z DDR4 [3200mhz] 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Samsung 850 EVO [1TB] Custom CPU/GPU loop W10 64-bit Dell S2716DG 144hz G-Sync 
PowerCaseAudio
EVGA SuperNOVA 750 G2 Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ATX ASUS Xonar Essence STX 
  hide details  
Reply
PC
(11 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 6700K [4.6ghz] Gigabyte GA-Z170X-Gaming 7 EVGA GTX 1080 FTW [2200mhz core] 16GB G.Skill Trident Z DDR4 [3200mhz] 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Samsung 850 EVO [1TB] Custom CPU/GPU loop W10 64-bit Dell S2716DG 144hz G-Sync 
PowerCaseAudio
EVGA SuperNOVA 750 G2 Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ATX ASUS Xonar Essence STX 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › NVIDIA › NVIDIA Drivers and Overclocking Software › Ongoing Pascal latency problems - Hotfix doesn't work for everyone.