Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › AMD/ATI › [Official] Polaris Owners Club
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[Official] Polaris Owners Club - Page 122

post #1211 of 4135
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shatun-Bear View Post

Cool I was getting a little worried there thinking my new toy had a problem thumb.gif Gonna play with benchmarks tomorrow. +REP

Thanks buddy! yes put it in that way, open a benchmark and check the core now you will rise all because have the "liberty" of power draw and can get the max core Mhz, This happend with the reference card too people can't get 1266 mhz put it in 50%+ and bang you get it, and it's a important difference.-
Of course you will notice a little bit temp probably 5 or 8° C more but it's OK
post #1212 of 4135
Quote:
Originally Posted by GecKoTDF View Post

Thanks buddy! yes put it in that way, open a benchmark and check the core now you will rise all because have the "liberty" of power draw and can get the max core Mhz, This happend with the reference card too people can't get 1266 mhz put it in 50%+ and bang you get it, and it's a important difference.-
Of course you will notice a little bit temp probably 5 or 8° C more but it's OK

Damn this is not working. I ran Heaven with +50% power and on both GPU-Z and Wattman the core clock maxes at 1306Mhz.

LEAD Technologies Inc. V1.01

What I don't understand is the box has Nitro+ 480 OC on it. These are meant to ship with 1342Mhz boost/core clocks. This is the box:



Can someone with a Nitro 8GB, either version (OC or non-OC), confirm what their box looks like? It may be possible that the card is in the wrong box.
post #1213 of 4135
I just, everything stock but with the power limit at +50%, open Crysis to test my RX480 and the PC just restarted. I tested Unigine Heaven with the +0% Power Limit and everything seems fine.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shatun-Bear View Post

Damn this is not working. I ran Heaven with +50% power and on both GPU-Z and Wattman the core clock maxes at 1306Mhz.

LEAD Technologies Inc. V1.01

What I don't understand is the box has Nitro+ 480 OC on it. These are meant to ship with 1342Mhz boost/core clocks. This is the box:



Can someone with a Nitro 8GB, either version (OC or non-OC), confirm what their box looks like? It may be possible that the card is in the wrong box.

I have an 480 Nitro+ 8GB and the box is the same. 1342Mhz on core and stable like a rock.
X99
(12 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
5820k Asus X99A RX480 Nitro+ 8GB GSkill Ripjaws V 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
850 EVO 250GB Corsair H110i Arch Linux Dell P2416D 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
MagicForce 68 Blue Corsair RM750x Corsair Obsidian 750D Razer DeathAdder 
  hide details  
Reply
X99
(12 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
5820k Asus X99A RX480 Nitro+ 8GB GSkill Ripjaws V 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
850 EVO 250GB Corsair H110i Arch Linux Dell P2416D 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
MagicForce 68 Blue Corsair RM750x Corsair Obsidian 750D Razer DeathAdder 
  hide details  
Reply
post #1214 of 4135
Quote:
Originally Posted by sinholueiro View Post

I just, everything stock but with the power limit at +50%, open Crysis to test my RX480 and the PC just restarted. I tested Unigine Heaven with the +0% Power Limit and everything seems fine.
I have an 480 Nitro+ 8GB and the box is the same. 1342Mhz on core and stable like a rock.

To clarify, yours is 1342Mhz out of the box, or did you overclock to get it there?
post #1215 of 4135
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shatun-Bear View Post

Damn this is not working. I ran Heaven with +50% power and on both GPU-Z and Wattman the core clock maxes at 1306Mhz.

LEAD Technologies Inc. V1.01

What I don't understand is the box has Nitro+ 480 OC on it. These are meant to ship with 1342Mhz boost/core clocks. This is the box:



Can someone with a Nitro 8GB, either version (OC or non-OC), confirm what their box looks like? It may be possible that the card is in the wrong box.
You can easily verify the P/N on the card and on the box along with S/N. P/N will tell you what card it is. Then look at your invoice? The document that says what you paid for and check that P/N and S/N.
Are you also sure you are using the OC vbios on the card and not the quiet vbios?

Figure out which one you have and bought:
  • 11260-01
  • 11260-07

I bet you got the 07 or running a quiet VBIOS on 01...
Edited by JackCY - 9/10/16 at 4:21am
post #1216 of 4135
Quote:
Originally Posted by JackCY View Post

You can easily verify the P/N on the card and on the box along with S/N. P/N will tell you what card it is. Then look at your invoice? The document that says what you paid for and check that P/N and S/N.
Are you also sure you are using the OC vbios on the card and not the quiet vbios?

Figure out which one you have and bought:
  • 11260-01
  • 11260-07

I bet you got the 07 or running a quiet VBIOS on 01...

Lol it's not on the quiet mode bios as I tried that and the core clock goes down to 1266Mhz.

The SKU is -07 so I've made a noob mistake as I bought on Amazon and looked at the product image. Because the box had Nitro+ OC on it, I assumed this would be the OC 1342Mhz version. But it appears all boxes for the 8GB models are the same.

I have overclocked to 1343Mhz/2050 on the memory and it appears stable. But when I tried 1350 with +50 power and +100 (then +200) mV on Trixx my computer crashed and restarted. Doesn't look good. Anything I can do to get a higher overclock? haven't read up on OC with this card.
post #1217 of 4135
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shatun-Bear View Post

To clarify, yours is 1342Mhz out of the box, or did you overclock to get it there?

Out of the box. I only have OCed it to 1350Mhz and undervolted to-50mV
X99
(12 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
5820k Asus X99A RX480 Nitro+ 8GB GSkill Ripjaws V 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
850 EVO 250GB Corsair H110i Arch Linux Dell P2416D 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
MagicForce 68 Blue Corsair RM750x Corsair Obsidian 750D Razer DeathAdder 
  hide details  
Reply
X99
(12 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
5820k Asus X99A RX480 Nitro+ 8GB GSkill Ripjaws V 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
850 EVO 250GB Corsair H110i Arch Linux Dell P2416D 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
MagicForce 68 Blue Corsair RM750x Corsair Obsidian 750D Razer DeathAdder 
  hide details  
Reply
post #1218 of 4135
Quote:
Originally Posted by sinholueiro View Post

Out of the box. I only have OCed it to 1350Mhz and undervolted to-50mV

Hmmm not sure whether to stick with mine or not then. 1342Mhz stable is decent but I'd hoped that 1380Mhz would be ok for a 24/7 OC. Maybe my non-OC Nitro has less potential OC headroom than your OC version.
post #1219 of 4135
I'm debating whether to get another MSI Radeon RX 480 8 GB Gaming X... for mining purposes. I already know my A10-7850K bottlenecks one of the aforementioned Radeon RX 480 models for gaming purposes.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814137023
Edited by Sonikku13 - 9/10/16 at 6:56am
Sonic Hedgehog II
(19 items)
 
Sonic Hedgehog I
(14 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
FX-8350 Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD7 Radeon HD 7970 Radeon HD 7970 
GraphicsRAMHard DriveCooling
Radeon HD 7970 16 GB DDR3-1600 SDRAM Crucial M4 Xigmatek Aegir 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 8 Pro Samsung SyncMaster P2370-HD Some Generic Keyboard Corsair AX1200i 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
CM HAF 912 Razer Deathadder 3.5G Razer Scarab BF3 Edition Klipsch Promedia 2.1 
AudioAudio
Audio Technica ATH-AD700 Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium HD 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD A10-7850K ASUS A88X-PRO Radeon R9 290X 16 GB DDR3-1600 SDRAM 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
128 GB Crucial M4 Windows 8.1 HP Pavilion 22bw PoS 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Corsair CX750M CM690 PoS PoS 
Audio
Audio-Technica AD900X 
  hide details  
Reply
Sonic Hedgehog II
(19 items)
 
Sonic Hedgehog I
(14 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
FX-8350 Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD7 Radeon HD 7970 Radeon HD 7970 
GraphicsRAMHard DriveCooling
Radeon HD 7970 16 GB DDR3-1600 SDRAM Crucial M4 Xigmatek Aegir 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 8 Pro Samsung SyncMaster P2370-HD Some Generic Keyboard Corsair AX1200i 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
CM HAF 912 Razer Deathadder 3.5G Razer Scarab BF3 Edition Klipsch Promedia 2.1 
AudioAudio
Audio Technica ATH-AD700 Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium HD 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD A10-7850K ASUS A88X-PRO Radeon R9 290X 16 GB DDR3-1600 SDRAM 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
128 GB Crucial M4 Windows 8.1 HP Pavilion 22bw PoS 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Corsair CX750M CM690 PoS PoS 
Audio
Audio-Technica AD900X 
  hide details  
Reply
post #1220 of 4135
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shatun-Bear View Post

Hmmm not sure whether to stick with mine or not then. 1342Mhz stable is decent but I'd hoped that 1380Mhz would be ok for a 24/7 OC. Maybe my non-OC Nitro has less potential OC headroom than your OC version.

LOL, At 1342 you will be mostly bandwith limited. Lower it to 1300Mhz and the performace hit will be minimal.
X99
(12 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
5820k Asus X99A RX480 Nitro+ 8GB GSkill Ripjaws V 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
850 EVO 250GB Corsair H110i Arch Linux Dell P2416D 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
MagicForce 68 Blue Corsair RM750x Corsair Obsidian 750D Razer DeathAdder 
  hide details  
Reply
X99
(12 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
5820k Asus X99A RX480 Nitro+ 8GB GSkill Ripjaws V 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
850 EVO 250GB Corsair H110i Arch Linux Dell P2416D 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
MagicForce 68 Blue Corsair RM750x Corsair Obsidian 750D Razer DeathAdder 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: AMD/ATI
Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › AMD/ATI › [Official] Polaris Owners Club