Originally Posted by Mergatroid
You do a lot of farting around claiming how ASUS sucks, even though lots of people and stores have had little to few problems with them. How about some facts to back up your innuendos? I have been selling ASUS for as long as they have been popular with no more issues than any other brand. All we get from you is statements saying it's a bad brand with nothing to back it up. If I go into other threads I will have no problem mentioning those brands, as I never have. I have seen a lot of hardware in my 30ish years in computers, and some sucky brands, but ASUS is definitely not one of them.
In fact, I like my ASUS Sabertooth Z87 so much that ASUS will definitely be at the top of my list when it comes time to replace it.
- usb 3.0 ports on my motherboard don't work properly; specification non-compliance
- audio doesn't work properly either; very dodgy implementation
- my 7970DCIIT never worked correctly; VRM's are defective, sent it back to them twice
and they never fixed it, it also has a fan rattle and the coils can actually whine slightly under stress
- flagship ASUS router crashes on occasion, very frequently when using the GUI
- 3 laptops that are very nasty overall, one even has a defective keyboard and you have to bend and twist the body of the laptop to get it working, the fact that you can actually bend it is bad enough
That's just my experiences, but the worst thing about ASUS is they don't care about their customers at all
, if you so happen to get a defective device they will not repair or replace it
, they'll just keep sending you round in circles for no reason but just for them to save money.
If you really think ASUS is great then go through the official 290/X thread, ROG forums and ASUS service ratings.