Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › AMD/ATI › [Official] Polaris Owners Club
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[Official] Polaris Owners Club - Page 54

post #531 of 4151
Quote:
Originally Posted by Awesomeguy10578 View Post

Yes I get that. Let's see if a clean DDU reinstall solves it

This is the problem look how from 1.30v without load go to 1.23v
post #532 of 4151
I've been using a combination of afterburner command line shortcuts and wattman to raise voltage. You'll find the post about it in the BIOS mod thread here. I've been waiting for a more stable release of a utility before switching and also waiting for BIOS unlocking from AMD. No reason for me to change if everything is working. But we'll see. Be aware you'll still have to do math to figure out your VID.

I had issues with DDU last time. I had to format and reinstall my entire system because it took out my ability to enumerate new devices. Could be from corruption from all the overclocking induced lockups as I found my stable point. I don't know. But backup everything first. It even took out the service that accesses and creates restore points. I'm also still using EMBD from The Stilt to get around the power limit and to protect my semi-smoked power distribution on my motherboard.. Not sure if that aspect is working but I regularly see gpu only power usage hit over 220 watts in tpu gpuz. Haven't had my motherboard smoke since I went lower than 1.268 VID. Most people seem to think bellow 1.25v is safe for daily use. The 1.3.volts. be careful. keep your hand near your power switch is alll I'm saying. Don't run 3dmark firestrike ultra stress test just to see if it will fail either. lol it probably will in an expensive or at least a smelly fashion. 1.268 on my partially damaged board also starts to smoke. 1.231v is fine but I still clutch my 24pin, keep my nose in my computer and clutch (not what you think) my off switch if I'm going to run Firestrike Ultra Stress loop.

On a happier note. oddly my memory works at 2200 10-11-11-24-1t timings at 1.65 volt. When it was new it wouldn't it required 11-11-11 timings at that speed and voltage. could my ram have worn into perfection over the last two years?
post #533 of 4151
Ok guys.. i have issue withy my RX470 Nitro+

In PolarisEditor shows max temp. 90temp

so i have a throttle/drop freqency to 300MHz in FireStrike Stability Test and The Division too..

At default settings and +50PL a lower fan speed to make some high temp on core..



It shows only 175w draw in GPU-Z and 83temp

So Nitro+ drops clock because of temps mad.gifmad.gif
Its rly bad for overclocking without editing bios.. and i cant edit bios because its signed by AMD so its sucks..
post #534 of 4151
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirgeth View Post

So Nitro+ drops clock because of temps mad.gifmad.gif
Its rly bad for overclocking without editing bios.. and i cant edit bios because its signed by AMD so its sucks..

We have the same video card (as you are aware thumb.gif).

It comes VERY overvolted. I suggest flipping the BIOS switch to the other position and restarting the computer - you will save 40W or more from just doing that.

The voltage behavior changes even more, though, as the values you set are overshot with the OC BIOS and the "SLOW" BIOS barely reaches them.

Using the other BIOS I set 1250Mhz and 1050mv. The actual voltage then works around 1031mv, but my idle is only 1025mv due to having multiple monitors.
post #535 of 4151
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirgeth View Post

Ok guys.. i have issue withy my RX470 Nitro+

In PolarisEditor shows max temp. 90temp

so i have a throttle/drop freqency to 300MHz in FireStrike Stability Test and The Division too..

At default settings and +50PL a lower fan speed to make some high temp on core..



It shows only 175w draw in GPU-Z and 83temp

So Nitro+ drops clock because of temps mad.gifmad.gif
Its rly bad for overclocking without editing bios.. and i cant edit bios because its signed by AMD so its sucks..

Check your VRM temp with HWiNFO i have that problem with my 480 and my VRM temps go to hell, then fixed with a fan.-
post #536 of 4151
when I was on on air if my vrms got too hot they'ed sometime spike the voltage up to 1.358v and make matters worse. It limited my overclocking. That only happened a couple of times, but it's concerning. Also remember that gpuz only shows gpu power not waste from vrms or fan or ram. So you might be bumping into power limit. undervolting on air is a great thing for this architecture. You end up with a cooler higher performing card.
post #537 of 4151
Quote:
Originally Posted by looncraz View Post

Thanks!

I would love to be able to push 1.25V or so. I can keep my temps at 60C while looping FurMark at 1350Mhz and 1168mv, so I'm not afraid of a little extra juice for testing.

Also, bizarrely, I've not experienced a non-recoverable crash due to bad clocks once. The bench crashes and the driver resets and I'm good to continue fiddling. Don't know what AMD did to accomplish that, but I'm loving it.

Firmware image attached.

SapphireRX470Platinum.zip 112k .zip file
μRyzen
(12 items)
 
Mini Box
(4 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Ryzen R5 1400 MSI B350M Gaming Pro Zotac GTX 670 4GB G.SKILL FORTIS Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) 
Hard DriveCoolingOSOS
WD Green 3tb Wraith Stealth Windows 10 Debian 8.7 
MonitorKeyboardPowerMouse
ViewSonic VX-2257-8 Chinese backlit mechanical Kingwin 850w Chinese laser optical 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Athlon 5350 Asus AM1I-A EVGA GTX 750 Ti SC 2x4GB DDR 3 1333 
  hide details  
Reply
μRyzen
(12 items)
 
Mini Box
(4 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Ryzen R5 1400 MSI B350M Gaming Pro Zotac GTX 670 4GB G.SKILL FORTIS Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) 
Hard DriveCoolingOSOS
WD Green 3tb Wraith Stealth Windows 10 Debian 8.7 
MonitorKeyboardPowerMouse
ViewSonic VX-2257-8 Chinese backlit mechanical Kingwin 850w Chinese laser optical 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Athlon 5350 Asus AM1I-A EVGA GTX 750 Ti SC 2x4GB DDR 3 1333 
  hide details  
Reply
post #538 of 4151
Quote:
Originally Posted by greytoad View Post

I've been using a combination of afterburner command line shortcuts and wattman to raise voltage. You'll find the post about it in the BIOS mod thread here. I've been waiting for a more stable release of a utility before switching and also waiting for BIOS unlocking from AMD. No reason for me to change if everything is working. But we'll see. Be aware you'll still have to do math to figure out your VID.

I had issues with DDU last time. I had to format and reinstall my entire system because it took out my ability to enumerate new devices. Could be from corruption from all the overclocking induced lockups as I found my stable point. I don't know. But backup everything first. It even took out the service that accesses and creates restore points. I'm also still using EMBD from The Stilt to get around the power limit and to protect my semi-smoked power distribution on my motherboard.. Not sure if that aspect is working but I regularly see gpu only power usage hit over 220 watts in tpu gpuz. Haven't had my motherboard smoke since I went lower than 1.268 VID. Most people seem to think bellow 1.25v is safe for daily use. The 1.3.volts. be careful. keep your hand near your power switch is alll I'm saying. Don't run 3dmark firestrike ultra stress test just to see if it will fail either. lol it probably will in an expensive or at least a smelly fashion. 1.268 on my partially damaged board also starts to smoke. 1.231v is fine but I still clutch my 24pin, keep my nose in my computer and clutch (not what you think) my off switch if I'm going to run Firestrike Ultra Stress loop.

On a happier note. oddly my memory works at 2200 10-11-11-24-1t timings at 1.65 volt. When it was new it wouldn't it required 11-11-11 timings at that speed and voltage. could my ram have worn into perfection over the last two years?

GPU Tweak II is pretty stable for me so far. But wait you're telling me you burned your motherboard? I have been using 2x RX 480s overclocked to 1.212v which I expect to use more wattage than just your one card and I never had a problem at all. Makes me nervious upping the voltage more though.
Nero
(22 items)
 
   
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel Core i7 4790K 4.85GHz DELIDDED with CLU Asus Maximus VII Gene Powercolor RX 480 8GB Red Devil 1440MHz/2100MHz Powercolor RX 480 8GB Red Devil 1440MHz/2100MHz 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Corsair Vengeance Pro 2x8GB 2220MHz Silver Sandisk Extreme Pro 240GB WD Green 3TB Corsair H80i 
CoolingCoolingCoolingOS
Noctua NF-F12 IPPC 3000RPM x3 Noctua NF-A14 IPPC 3000RPM x2 Thermaltake Water 3.0 C x2 Windows 10 Pro 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
LG 24MP77HQ Ducky Legend Silver Case Red Switch Seasonic P860 Platinum Phanteks Enthoo Evolv Black 
MouseMouse PadAudioAudio
Logitech G402 Corsair MM200 Compact Harman Kardon GO+Play Shure SE215 
OtherOther
Samson Meteor Mic Logitech C525 Webcam 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i5 4690K Asrock Z87E-ITX HIS R9 380X IceQ Kingston HyperX Fury 2x4GB 1866MHz DDR3 
Hard DriveOSPowerCase
Kingston HyperX 3K 120GB Windows 10 Pro Seasonic M12II-520W Homemade aluminium testbed 
  hide details  
Reply
Nero
(22 items)
 
   
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel Core i7 4790K 4.85GHz DELIDDED with CLU Asus Maximus VII Gene Powercolor RX 480 8GB Red Devil 1440MHz/2100MHz Powercolor RX 480 8GB Red Devil 1440MHz/2100MHz 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Corsair Vengeance Pro 2x8GB 2220MHz Silver Sandisk Extreme Pro 240GB WD Green 3TB Corsair H80i 
CoolingCoolingCoolingOS
Noctua NF-F12 IPPC 3000RPM x3 Noctua NF-A14 IPPC 3000RPM x2 Thermaltake Water 3.0 C x2 Windows 10 Pro 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
LG 24MP77HQ Ducky Legend Silver Case Red Switch Seasonic P860 Platinum Phanteks Enthoo Evolv Black 
MouseMouse PadAudioAudio
Logitech G402 Corsair MM200 Compact Harman Kardon GO+Play Shure SE215 
OtherOther
Samson Meteor Mic Logitech C525 Webcam 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i5 4690K Asrock Z87E-ITX HIS R9 380X IceQ Kingston HyperX Fury 2x4GB 1866MHz DDR3 
Hard DriveOSPowerCase
Kingston HyperX 3K 120GB Windows 10 Pro Seasonic M12II-520W Homemade aluminium testbed 
  hide details  
Reply
post #539 of 4151
Quote:
Originally Posted by KarathKasun View Post

Firmware image attached.

SapphireRX470Platinum.zip 112k .zip file

Thank you! biggrin.gif

Sadly, it didn't enable any changing of the memory clock, so, unavoidably, it's a card fault thumbsdownsmileyanim.gif

Back to Newegg it goes. Fortunately, I still have my R9 290. Opened a ticket with Sapphire, but who knows how long it will take for them to get back to me. Will give them a few workdays in case they can knock it into gear somehow or offer me a better RMA option.

Thanks for the help!

EDIT: Also, I find it utterly comical how the one thing I bought the card for (testing the memory bandwidth bottleneck on Polaris) is the one thing it can't do... it's just absurd.
post #540 of 4151
Quote:
Originally Posted by looncraz View Post

Thank you! biggrin.gif

Sadly, it didn't enable any changing of the memory clock, so, unavoidably, it's a card fault thumbsdownsmileyanim.gif

Back to Newegg it goes. Fortunately, I still have my R9 290. Opened a ticket with Sapphire, but who knows how long it will take for them to get back to me. Will give them a few workdays in case they can knock it into gear somehow or offer me a better RMA option.

Thanks for the help!

EDIT: Also, I find it utterly comical how the one thing I bought the card for (testing the memory bandwidth bottleneck on Polaris) is the one thing it can't do... it's just absurd.

That is not a card problem, it is a software problem. Trust me.

You should disable any 3rd party tweaking software and start with wattman. 3rd party tools are broken FTMP.
μRyzen
(12 items)
 
Mini Box
(4 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Ryzen R5 1400 MSI B350M Gaming Pro Zotac GTX 670 4GB G.SKILL FORTIS Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) 
Hard DriveCoolingOSOS
WD Green 3tb Wraith Stealth Windows 10 Debian 8.7 
MonitorKeyboardPowerMouse
ViewSonic VX-2257-8 Chinese backlit mechanical Kingwin 850w Chinese laser optical 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Athlon 5350 Asus AM1I-A EVGA GTX 750 Ti SC 2x4GB DDR 3 1333 
  hide details  
Reply
μRyzen
(12 items)
 
Mini Box
(4 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Ryzen R5 1400 MSI B350M Gaming Pro Zotac GTX 670 4GB G.SKILL FORTIS Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) 
Hard DriveCoolingOSOS
WD Green 3tb Wraith Stealth Windows 10 Debian 8.7 
MonitorKeyboardPowerMouse
ViewSonic VX-2257-8 Chinese backlit mechanical Kingwin 850w Chinese laser optical 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Athlon 5350 Asus AM1I-A EVGA GTX 750 Ti SC 2x4GB DDR 3 1333 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: AMD/ATI
Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › AMD/ATI › [Official] Polaris Owners Club