Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Monitors and Displays › ETA on 40-43" 4k 120Hz freesync VA panels with HDR and dp 1.4?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

ETA on 40-43" 4k 120Hz freesync VA panels with HDR and dp 1.4? - Page 2

post #11 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by EniGma1987 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToTheSun! View Post

I'm 99% sure Seiko used Innolux panels on their VA monitors while Philips used panels from their subsidiary TP Vision.

Oh your right, I got Innolux and TP Vision mixed up.
Also, i was thinking of Iiyama's 40'' 4K monitors (with Innolux panels), not Seiko. But, judging by how cheap Seiko TV's are, they probably used Innolux panels, as well.
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 6700k 4.5 GHz 1.3v Asus Z170i MSI 980Ti 1490/7760 MHz G.skill DDR4 8 GB x2 3733 MHz 15-15-15-35-1 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Samsung 850 EVO 1 TB Crucial M4 256 GB NH-C14S Windows 10 Student 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
TBD Cooler Master Quick Fire TK Corsair SF600 Fractal Core 500 
MouseMouse PadAudioAudio
Zowie EC2-A Zowie G TF-X Fiio E17 v1 Sennheiser HD 598 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 6700k 4.5 GHz 1.3v Asus Z170i MSI 980Ti 1490/7760 MHz G.skill DDR4 8 GB x2 3733 MHz 15-15-15-35-1 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Samsung 850 EVO 1 TB Crucial M4 256 GB NH-C14S Windows 10 Student 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
TBD Cooler Master Quick Fire TK Corsair SF600 Fractal Core 500 
MouseMouse PadAudioAudio
Zowie EC2-A Zowie G TF-X Fiio E17 v1 Sennheiser HD 598 
  hide details  
Reply
post #12 of 18
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToTheSun! View Post

BenQ, LG, and Samsung, to name just 3, have 4K monitors with Freesync support.


I forgot to add 40-43" there. Yes, Samsung/LG/BenQ release tons of tiny little screens for large amounts of cash, LG even releases freesync widescreens at around 34 inches (less screen area btw since the less square a display is at a given diagonal the less actually display area the panel maker has to offer) for well over a thousand dollars at 3440x1440p while tv makers are popping out hdr tv sets @ 4k and 50 inches for less money. These monitor makers think that we are too stupid to look at displays from other categories and compare prices?

Even the Asus announcement of 4k@ 120Hz looked to be designed for a screen that was 27 inches...

*** is WRONG with these people? 1080p on a 27 inch screen is too low a resolution, with 1440p it looks nice an sharp and pleasant. There are diminishing returns to going with higher resolution at the same size, but one of the PERKS of higher resolutions is that it lets you expand the screen even LARGER without a diminution of the sharpness and clarity at a given distance. Larger screens tend to create more immersive and impressive visuals unless your ends are completely pedestrian like some competitive fps/moba player where a smaller field of view might be ideal.

But instead of increasing the size of the 4k offerings to 40-43 inches like the korean off brand monitor makers, the main guys are still spitting out these tiny 27 inch models, and slightly less terrible 32 inch models... I am surprised not a single ONE of them thinks there is a market for something larger. Wasabi does, Crossover does, so why don't they?
Edited by Sammael7 - 7/14/16 at 9:15am
post #13 of 18
The moment 40-50" true 120hz displays, 4k, with minimal input lag launch is the moment my surround is going to get dumped. I can hardly wait.
Fused III
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
6850k Asus Rampage V Edition 10 MSI GEFORCE GTX 1080 TI LIGHTNING Z MSI GEFORCE GTX 1080 TI LIGHTNING Z 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB 3200mhz Crucial M550 1TB Crucial M550 1TB Crucial M550 1TB 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Crucial M550 1TB Corsair H100i v2 Windows 10 Pro Acer X34 
KeyboardPowerCase
Corsair K65 EVGA 1000 G3 Corsair 400c 
  hide details  
Reply
Fused III
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
6850k Asus Rampage V Edition 10 MSI GEFORCE GTX 1080 TI LIGHTNING Z MSI GEFORCE GTX 1080 TI LIGHTNING Z 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB 3200mhz Crucial M550 1TB Crucial M550 1TB Crucial M550 1TB 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Crucial M550 1TB Corsair H100i v2 Windows 10 Pro Acer X34 
KeyboardPowerCase
Corsair K65 EVGA 1000 G3 Corsair 400c 
  hide details  
Reply
post #14 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sammael7 View Post

I forgot to add 40-43" there. Yes, Samsung/LG/BenQ release tons of tiny little screens for large amounts of cash, LG even releases freesync widescreens at around 34 inches (less screen area btw since the less square a display is at a given diagonal the less actually display area the panel maker has to offer) for well over a thousand dollars at 3440x1440p while tv makers are popping out hdr tv sets @ 4k and 50 inches for less money. These monitor makers think that we are too stupid to look at displays from other categories and compare prices?

Even the Asus announcement of 4k@ 120Hz looked to be designed for a screen that was 27 inches...

*** is WRONG with these people? 1080p on a 27 inch screen is too low a resolution, with 1440p it looks nice an sharp and pleasant. There are diminishing returns to going with higher resolution at the same size, but one of the PERKS of higher resolutions is that it lets you expand the screen even LARGER without a diminution of the sharpness and clarity at a given distance. Larger screens tend to create more immersive and impressive visuals unless your ends are completely pedestrian like some competitive fps/moba player where a smaller field of view might be ideal.

But instead of increasing the size of the 4k offerings to 40-43 inches like the korean off brand monitor makers, the main guys are still spitting out these tiny 27 inch models, and slightly less terrible 32 inch models... I am surprised not a single ONE of them thinks there is a market for something larger. Wasabi does, Crossover does, so why don't they?

Great post Im with you 100%. Last year was a great year for monitors but it seems things have stalled out again. The wasabi mango uhd490 is by far one of the best tech purchases ive ever made. I personally think the first hdr 120hz 4k 40" and bigger will come from the korean off brands. These guys dont get the credit they deserve. If your willing to take the risk they have almost always been the best monitors you can buy for the money, and usher us into new eras as gamers. Remember for years the best monitor you could get was a 27" ips 120hz 1440p monitor from off brNds. The big names just started releasing these last year. Even now they give a huge edge to freesync, there is exactly 1 4k ips g sync monitor that is bigger than 27" at 32". If you want anything bigger your SOL. G sync just doesnt have enough models.
Yokai Onmyoji
(18 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
I7-4930k @ 4.5GHz ASUS P9X79 Deluxe  Sapphire RX Vega 64 Liquid  G. Skill Ripjaws Z 16GB (4x4) 2400 Mhz  
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Samsung 840 Pro 256GB (OS) Samsung 840 Pro 512GB (Games) Lite-on Corsair H100 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 7 Ultimate Wasabi Mango UHD490 IPS 49" Freesync 33-60hz Corsair K90 Corsair Ax1200i 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Corsair 500r Razer Naga Dx Racer Arm wrest  Asus Xonar DX 
AudioOther
Altec Lansing 5.1 Razer Nostromo 
  hide details  
Reply
Yokai Onmyoji
(18 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
I7-4930k @ 4.5GHz ASUS P9X79 Deluxe  Sapphire RX Vega 64 Liquid  G. Skill Ripjaws Z 16GB (4x4) 2400 Mhz  
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Samsung 840 Pro 256GB (OS) Samsung 840 Pro 512GB (Games) Lite-on Corsair H100 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 7 Ultimate Wasabi Mango UHD490 IPS 49" Freesync 33-60hz Corsair K90 Corsair Ax1200i 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Corsair 500r Razer Naga Dx Racer Arm wrest  Asus Xonar DX 
AudioOther
Altec Lansing 5.1 Razer Nostromo 
  hide details  
Reply
post #15 of 18
i have a crossover 40" 4k monitor and 4K at 40" really is fantastic. but refresh rate and input lag really kill the monitor for me. i don't know how so many reviewers can say its okay to play on. if you have a 1ms monitor and go to the 40" 4K it feels like you are playing in slow motion.

anyways i can only play games like FFX HD and such that don't require the fast response. other than that i stick to my 27" 1440p 144Hz 1ms Dell monitor.

i just have an eerie feeling that even when the 40"+ 4K 120Hz monitors come in, they'll have terrible response times.

Is there any reason why they couldn't make a 40" 4K 120Hz TN monitor? While VA may look the best, i'd rather take the color and black hit for the response time. And lets be honest, with a $60 color calibration tool you can get very acceptable color accuracy on a TN...
post #16 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by IMI4tth3w View Post

i just have an eerie feeling that even when the 40"+ 4K 120Hz monitors come in, they'll have terrible response times.
There's no reason they'd have worse response times than 1440p and 1080p counterparts. How much more expensive they'll be, however, is a different matter altogether.
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 6700k 4.5 GHz 1.3v Asus Z170i MSI 980Ti 1490/7760 MHz G.skill DDR4 8 GB x2 3733 MHz 15-15-15-35-1 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Samsung 850 EVO 1 TB Crucial M4 256 GB NH-C14S Windows 10 Student 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
TBD Cooler Master Quick Fire TK Corsair SF600 Fractal Core 500 
MouseMouse PadAudioAudio
Zowie EC2-A Zowie G TF-X Fiio E17 v1 Sennheiser HD 598 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 6700k 4.5 GHz 1.3v Asus Z170i MSI 980Ti 1490/7760 MHz G.skill DDR4 8 GB x2 3733 MHz 15-15-15-35-1 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Samsung 850 EVO 1 TB Crucial M4 256 GB NH-C14S Windows 10 Student 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
TBD Cooler Master Quick Fire TK Corsair SF600 Fractal Core 500 
MouseMouse PadAudioAudio
Zowie EC2-A Zowie G TF-X Fiio E17 v1 Sennheiser HD 598 
  hide details  
Reply
post #17 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by IMI4tth3w View Post

i have a crossover 40" 4k monitor and 4K at 40" really is fantastic. but refresh rate and input lag really kill the monitor for me. i don't know how so many reviewers can say its okay to play on. if you have a 1ms monitor and go to the 40" 4K it feels like you are playing in slow motion.

anyways i can only play games like FFX HD and such that don't require the fast response. other than that i stick to my 27" 1440p 144Hz 1ms Dell monitor.

Well ya, when you are used to a 144Hz 1ms monitor, and you move to a 60Hz 12ms monitor and one that is much harder for the GPU to drive then yes, it does feel much much slower and laggy in comparison. No sure why anyone would think otherwise. Doesn't take away from it still being a great monitor, and comparable to any average monitor in input lag.
Gaming
(17 items)
 
Gaming PC
(20 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
7700K AS Rock Z170 OC Formula Titan X Pascal 2050MHz 64GB DDR4-3200 14-14-14-34-1T 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
950 EVO m.2 OS drive 850 EVO 1TB games drive Intel 730 series 500GB games drive Custom water cooling 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Win 10 Pro x64 AMH A399U E-Element mechanical, black switches, Vortex b... EVGA G3 1kw 
CaseMouseAudioAudio
Lian-Li PC-V1000L Redragon M901 LH Labs Pulse X Infinity DAC Custom built balanced tube amp with SS diamond ... 
Audio
MrSpeakers Alpha Prime 
  hide details  
Reply
Gaming
(17 items)
 
Gaming PC
(20 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
7700K AS Rock Z170 OC Formula Titan X Pascal 2050MHz 64GB DDR4-3200 14-14-14-34-1T 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
950 EVO m.2 OS drive 850 EVO 1TB games drive Intel 730 series 500GB games drive Custom water cooling 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Win 10 Pro x64 AMH A399U E-Element mechanical, black switches, Vortex b... EVGA G3 1kw 
CaseMouseAudioAudio
Lian-Li PC-V1000L Redragon M901 LH Labs Pulse X Infinity DAC Custom built balanced tube amp with SS diamond ... 
Audio
MrSpeakers Alpha Prime 
  hide details  
Reply
post #18 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by IMI4tth3w View Post

i have a crossover 40" 4k monitor and 4K at 40" really is fantastic. but refresh rate and input lag really kill the monitor for me. i don't know how so many reviewers can say its okay to play on. if you have a 1ms monitor and go to the 40" 4K it feels like you are playing in slow motion.

anyways i can only play games like FFX HD and such that don't require the fast response. other than that i stick to my 27" 1440p 144Hz 1ms Dell monitor.

i just have an eerie feeling that even when the 40"+ 4K 120Hz monitors come in, they'll have terrible response times.

Is there any reason why they couldn't make a 40" 4K 120Hz TN monitor? While VA may look the best, i'd rather take the color and black hit for the response time. And lets be honest, with a $60 color calibration tool you can get very acceptable color accuracy on a TN...

ya same here - have the crossover 404k. Great for productivity and games that dont have fast motion. But games with fast motion dont work ie black ops zombies laps behind my catleap.

Im awaiting something instead of my monitor also - IMO the colors are dulled out on this. There some wide screens coming out this year or next year but I still like my 4k.Think there is a 37-38inch widescreen (for movies) that might be slightly faster response time then the crossover 404k.
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
2700k Asus p8z68-v pro/gen3 6950 1gig 1536 shaders(899/1308)  soon to be 32 gigs of 2133 ripjaw x 
Hard DriveCoolingMonitorPower
256gb M4 crucial SSD, 3 640 aaks WD Corsair H80 (controller problem thou) Soon to be 27" catleap AX850 
Case
Lian-li pc7fnwb 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
2700k Asus p8z68-v pro/gen3 6950 1gig 1536 shaders(899/1308)  soon to be 32 gigs of 2133 ripjaw x 
Hard DriveCoolingMonitorPower
256gb M4 crucial SSD, 3 640 aaks WD Corsair H80 (controller problem thou) Soon to be 27" catleap AX850 
Case
Lian-li pc7fnwb 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Monitors and Displays
Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Monitors and Displays › ETA on 40-43" 4k 120Hz freesync VA panels with HDR and dp 1.4?