Overclock.net › Forums › Intel › Intel CPUs › i7 6700k 4.8ghz 1.375v h100i v2 Temperature problem?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

i7 6700k 4.8ghz 1.375v h100i v2 Temperature problem? - Page 6

post #51 of 57
Thread Starter 
Disaster strikes again, While rendering a video the temps spiked up to 77c. The ambient temp is 28c. I really need to apply some new thermal grease. Ill apply new thermal grease this evening and ill report back. If that doesn't fix it i guess im gonna downclock to 4.5ghz until the ambient temperature drops.
post #52 of 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy05 View Post

Disaster strikes again, While rendering a video the temps spiked up to 77c. The ambient temp is 28c. I really need to apply some new thermal grease. Ill apply new thermal grease this evening and ill report back. If that doesn't fix it i guess im gonna downclock to 4.5ghz until the ambient temperature drops.

Was it constantly running at 77C for a period of time? or just quickly spike then drop down? While playing CPU intense games like CSGO and GTA5 my max was 75C but average was only about 61C. If it only spike for a second during a 1-2 hours session than I don't think you'll have much to worry about. New TIM will help a few degree but ultimately the only solution for you will be to delid the cpu and apply new TIM on the die. I've heard people got as much as 20C drop doing that.
post #53 of 57
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by luan87us View Post

Was it constantly running at 77C for a period of time? or just quickly spike then drop down? While playing CPU intense games like CSGO and GTA5 my max was 75C but average was only about 61C. If it only spike for a second during a 1-2 hours session than I don't think you'll have much to worry about. New TIM will help a few degree but ultimately the only solution for you will be to delid the cpu and apply new TIM on the die. I've heard people got as much as 20C drop doing that.

Not constantly at 77c no but it was just the max temp it was averaging about 70-75c. While playing games it stays below 70c. Im gonna customloop my pc next year that should help alot just cpu for now ill watercool my GPU's later, im gonna be picking op 1080 ti's or the next generation..
post #54 of 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy05 View Post

Not constantly at 77c no but it was just the max temp it was averaging about 70-75c. While playing games it stays below 70c. Im gonna customloop my pc next year that should help alot just cpu for now ill watercool my GPU's later, im gonna be picking op 1080 ti's or the next generation..

damn yeah averaging 70-75C is kinda high. But at least you're not hitting the thermal limit of 85C. Perhaps get it delidded?
post #55 of 57
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by luan87us View Post

damn yeah averaging 70-75C is kinda high. But at least you're not hitting the thermal limit of 85C. Perhaps get it delidded?

Just to clarify the averaging temps where during rendering a video in sony vegas. This CPU is very new rather not delid it until its a bit older and i got a new budget incase something goes wrong. Ill see what the customloop does first tho. Lets be honest these temps are quite expected looking at my ambient temperature at the moment everything was fixed when the ambient temperature was 26c or below. Normally it isnt that hot outside where i live we get quite warm summers average 25c but sometimes peaks to 35c outside. This week its been arround 32c hence my ambient temperature of 28c. I think i just need to accept that running these kind of overclocks with these ambient temperatures is gonna get me a hot CPU under 100% load. My gpu's idle at arround 32c under normal ambient temperature (22-23c) and now the idle temperature is arround 38c. I think i can't blame the h100i v2 for the CPU temperatures im getting. I am still trying to lower my temperatures even if its just 1-2c.
post #56 of 57
80°C is for 6700K very normal. If the water temp equal or higher than you CPU Idle Temp, then it proofs that AIO is working good.
6th Generation 14 nanometer: i7 6700K / i5 6600K (TDP 91W / Idle 2W)
Tcase (CPU temp) = 64C
Tjunction (Core temp) = 69C
Tj Max (Throttle temp) = 100C
You have to undervolt your CPU.
1.15V at 4.0GHZ
1.2V at 4.2 GHZ
1.3V at 4.6GHZ
1.4V at 4.8GHz if Cpu is good.
Do not run your pc with BIOS standard Voltage. The Mainboard Manufacturers're set this higher than normal to guarentee that CPU works.
Do not benchmark SKYLAKE with Prime95, This is a heavy load.
I

I use a 6700K with ASUS z170 Sabertooth Mark 1. I have already a X79 System. First i installed my h100i, The Temps're very high. Then i installed the h100i in my older system with i7 3820. It was normal in Idle and in Load. Then I delided my 6700k. The temps are only 3-5°C lower. It didn't worht it.
Now I know
There are three reasons for this high temps
(1) Skylake is smaller then the older cpus. The 3rd and 4th Generation 22 nanometer Die, and the 5th and 6th Generation 14 nanometer Die have significantly less surface area in contact with the underside of the Integrated Heat Spreader (IHS), than the larger 2nd Generation 32 nanometer Die.

(2) 3rd through 6th Generation processors have more transistors packed into a smaller Die than 2nd Generation processors.

(3) 3rd through 6th Generation processors use Thermal Interface Material (TIM) between the top of the Die and the underside of the IHS. Solder, which has superior thermal transfer characteristics, was instead used in 2nd Generation and earlier processors, and is used in Intel's "High End Desktop Processors"
If you install Custom Loop Watercooling, don't be surprised if it is not cooler. The result will be the same. The Water in the Radiator has to be between 0-10°C to cool 6700k. U can try to put the radiator in an ice bucket without the Fans. It should work.biggrin.gif
Joking aside,
There is a guide for this temp problems:
http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/forum/id-1800828/intel-temperature-guide.html
P.S. Sorry for my bad English
Edited by Alperen62002 - 7/26/16 at 3:13pm
post #57 of 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alperen62002 View Post

80°C is for 6700K very normal. If the water temp equal or higher than you CPU Idle Temp, then it proofs that AIO is working good.
6th Generation 14 nanometer: i7 6700K / i5 6600K (TDP 91W / Idle 2W)
Tcase (CPU temp) = 64C
Tjunction (Core temp) = 69C
Tj Max (Throttle temp) = 100C
You have to undervolt your CPU.
1.15V at 4.0GHZ
1.2V at 4.2 GHZ
1.3V at 4.6GHZ
1.4V at 4.8GHz if Cpu is good.
Do not run your pc with BIOS standard Voltage. The Mainboard Manufacturers're set this higher than normal to guarentee that CPU works.
Do not benchmark SKYLAKE with Prime95, This is a heavy load.
I

I use a 6700K with ASUS z170 Sabertooth Mark 1. I have already a X79 System. First i installed my h100i, The Temps're very high. Then i installed the h100i in my older system with i7 3820. It was normal in Idle and in Load. Then I delided my 6700k. The temps are only 3-5°C lower. It didn't worht it.
Now I know
There are three reasons for this high temps
(1) Skylake is smaller then the older cpus. The 3rd and 4th Generation 22 nanometer Die, and the 5th and 6th Generation 14 nanometer Die have significantly less surface area in contact with the underside of the Integrated Heat Spreader (IHS), than the larger 2nd Generation 32 nanometer Die.

(2) 3rd through 6th Generation processors have more transistors packed into a smaller Die than 2nd Generation processors.

(3) 3rd through 6th Generation processors use Thermal Interface Material (TIM) between the top of the Die and the underside of the IHS. Solder, which has superior thermal transfer characteristics, was instead used in 2nd Generation and earlier processors, and is used in Intel's "High End Desktop Processors"
If you install Custom Loop Watercooling, don't be surprised if it is not cooler. The result will be the same. The Water in the Radiator has to be between 0-10°C to cool 6700k. U can try to put the radiator in an ice bucket without the Fans. It should work.biggrin.gif
Joking aside,
There is a guide for this temp problems:
http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/forum/id-1800828/intel-temperature-guide.html
P.S. Sorry for my bad English

Good to know. I've been reading about the temperature for the 6700k too and most seem to run around the range mentioned unless they have custom loop which still bring them to high 50s low 60s C. I'm running 4.6 ghz at 1.3v and one or 2 cores will sometime spike to mid 70s but doesn't stay there for more than 1 second. when running 4.8ghz at 1.36v I will get some quick spike to 82C but again doesn't stay like that for more than 1 second. That is under 100% load after extended period (30+ minutes).
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Intel CPUs
Overclock.net › Forums › Intel › Intel CPUs › i7 6700k 4.8ghz 1.375v h100i v2 Temperature problem?