Originally Posted by Jpmboy
hey guys.. anyone else seeing these effects... It may be a 6950X or BWE thing - I do not see this with a 6700K/Max8Extreme rig, or a 4960X/r9 295x2 rig (my R5E/5960X is waiting for a caselab delivery!).I'm trying to figure this out before reporting to FM.
1) during the bench startup, while it is gathering system information (before starting a run) Futuremark SI puts a momentary high load on the CPU, hitting a temperature higher than the Physics test ever does.
2) this then repeats when the bechmark run "Collects System info".
3) at the beginning of the benchmark, from frames 290 to ~ 350 the frame rate drops and the CPU again gets a very high load. Then the run proceeds normally without these glitches.
I can see the cpu temperature spike on both the OC panel ("CPU temp" which is not core) and with the Mobo LEDs set to change color with temperature. CoreTemp records the three spikes and they are the highest temperatures posted during the benchmark. You can also use the CPU temperature sensors within MSI Afterburner. Would love to see a few posts with the MSI AB graphs up.
Right here:Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
update on this:
3) Marc_0053 pointed out that disabling System Monitoring in "options" fixes the FPS drop in scene 1 - it works!
1) and 2) - no resolution (maybe I'm the only one seeing this cpu load spike?). FM would need more instances of the issue (than just 1) to look into it.
If you have a R5E-10/6950X. Load the Aura software, and set it to CPU Temperature. At the beginning of the benchmark (just when loading scene 1, right before handoff) does the MB light up RED?