Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Mice › Nixeus REVEL [It's here!]
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Nixeus REVEL [It's here!] - Page 39

post #381 of 2315
Thread Starter 
At $40 I can easily suggest this mouse as a "budget" gaming mouse with latest sensor. If you weren't looking for a gaming "budget" mouse then you've looked at the wrong mouse and will come out disappointed.

Can't really compare this to $80 mice or a mouse 3x as expensive like G900 and expect same quality. I love my G900 but I don't recommend it at $150 because I feel it's over priced past $99.99.

I purchased this for the white glossy mouse shell to add to my stable.

I wasn't expecting it to dethrone any other my mice I own but it did replace my ZA12 at work.

ADD: Heck I even replaced my G900 mouse feet they were so paper thin.
     
  hide details  
Reply
     
  hide details  
Reply
post #382 of 2315
We wanted a cheap mouse using the 336x in a usable shape. We wanted a Corvette and we're upset when we're not presented with a Ferrari at a Corvette price?
Quote:
Originally Posted by VESPA5 View Post

After 3 hours of so so gaming with it, I ran back to my Logitech G900. Gonna sell this Revel mouse on eBay.

Woah, you mean you went back to your top-of-the-line wireless $150 mouse which has the 336x in a usable shape after trying a $40 mouse that has the 336x in a usable shape? Call the local news, boys! This is gonna be HUGE!
post #383 of 2315
its plastic is outright from dvd box.

i know with this price kinda justifies the build quality but i expected something a little bit better.


it's the mouse with the worst build quality i've ever owned. (much worse than Kinzu 2/3 definitely worse than flimsy WMO)
post #384 of 2315
Quote:
Originally Posted by nillington View Post

We wanted a cheap mouse using the 336x in a usable shape. We wanted a Corvette and we're upset when we're not presented with a Ferrari at a Corvette price?
Woah, you mean you went back to your top-of-the-line wireless $150 mouse which has the 336x in a usable shape after trying a $40 mouse that has the 336x in a usable shape? Call the local news, boys! This is gonna be HUGE!
My $25 G303 is my go to mouse vs. my $150 G900. At $25, the G303 isn't exactly a ' budget' mouse. Lol. Yes, call the local news. There are indeed better mice that I own that are cheaper than my G900 thumb.gif
post #385 of 2315
imo the 3360 sensor just isn't worth the premium price. the way i see it, all you get when you buy one of these new 3360 mice is a good sensor, while the rest is pretty bad.
i don't think $40 is all that expensive, but at the same time i don't think these mice are worth their price from a consumer's perspective.
personally i'd rather have higher build quality and a cheaper/older sensor myself.

if only shape and sensor are important to you then i could understand why you'd drool all over these mice, but they are kind of a joke, objectively
post #386 of 2315
I think it's not bad for the price and a first time mouse. If anything the feedback will help them and eventually they'll make another mouse which will probably be better. I'm glad that they made it instead of not making it at all
post #387 of 2315
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by VESPA5 View Post

My $25 G303 is my go to mouse vs. my $150 G900. At $25, the G303 isn't exactly a ' budget' mouse. Lol. Yes, call the local news. There are indeed better mice that I own that are cheaper than my G900 thumb.gif

Fair enough, what one might consider budget might not be a budget for someone else.

As for the G303, that's a great example. Another mouse priced similarly, but as we know one mouse shape doesn't fit all. Revel would be another mouse to suggest for those who's looking for this type of shape, price range when compared to similarly shaped mice.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ncck View Post

I think it's not bad for the price and a first time mouse. If anything the feedback will help them and eventually they'll make another mouse which will probably be better. I'm glad that they made it instead of not making it at all

+1 - as a mouse aficionado I like to see new blood.

I feel the critique is good which also helps make a case to investors when making development decisions on their next mouse for Peter.

If this was a second attempt I'd be more critical and will be next time round.
     
  hide details  
Reply
     
  hide details  
Reply
post #388 of 2315
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arizonian View Post

At $40 I can easily suggest this mouse as a "budget" gaming mouse with latest sensor. If you weren't looking for a gaming "budget" mouse then you've looked at the wrong mouse and will come out disappointed.

Can't really compare this to $80 mice or a mouse 3x as expensive like G900 and expect same quality. I love my G900 but I don't recommend it at $150 because I feel it's over priced past $99.99.

I don't expect Nixeus to be able to use the same material as a G900.

I am neutral to side buttons being mushy but mouse 1 and 2 buttons of that quality can never be considered okay independent of the price point. We are talking about the core features of the device!

For myself I did not expect to get a BMW for the price of a Dacia (to follow your metaphor). I did not expect it to come with a extended feature set like leather seats or fancy alu rims - but if the break and accelerator pedal don't work properly paying 10k for a new Dacia is not a bargain it's still a loss!
post #389 of 2315
I mean there's made-at-low-cost and then there's just made wrong. Which one is it?
post #390 of 2315
When it comes to Mouse 1 and 2 it's the latter - apparently an inherit flaw of the chosen (shell) design.

Noticeable within minutes of use - they still said "send them out anyhow". Alternatively they did not get their hands on the first production run batch ahead of send out which would be even less professional.

Working within a supply chain stuff like this just drives me crazy.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Mice
Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Mice › Nixeus REVEL [It's here!]