Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Mice › Nixeus REVEL [It's here!]
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Nixeus REVEL [It's here!] - Page 53

post #521 of 2313
You guys would have a point if this was people complaining about the 3310 being a "garbage" sensor compared to 3360 or whatever, but people in this thread have been reporting physical issues like stiff/uneven-feeling M1/M2 and mushy side buttons and the like. There's nothing wrong with talking about that kind of stuff because it's entirely possible the mouse has QC issues (like the Aurora, we were better off for people actually complaining and making the QC issues known).
post #522 of 2313
then again, plenty of people on this forum confuse stating with complaining.

even more so, people seem to be forgetting that subjectivity is a thing?
if 007 returns a mouse because the buttons feel crappy to him, then that's completely valid. but for some reason there are people here saying that he is just nitpicking, and that he is whining, and he's making a big deal out of nothing, and he is wrong, etc
funnily enough, i see the most complaining come from those who (incorrectly) accuse others of complaining

it's all about perspective, standards, subjectivity, etc
post #523 of 2313
Quote:
Originally Posted by BWAS1000 View Post

I have noticed it, and while there's nothing inherently wrong with it, the vast fussiness of everyone makes it more difficult to make a choice. I was getting so worried waiting for my revel and then when I do get it, it's perfect.
I'm not used to the mouse, but that's because I'm not using my desk pad, and the pad I am using is too small. The cable is still tied up since my flight is tonight, and I'm not gripping it properly because my hands are sweaty and I don't want to mess up the mouse with sweat just yet

I get the point about being overly nitpicky, but I don't think "mouse feet literally scraping the mouse pad on some units" is a minor nitpick, it's something physically wrong with the mouse feet on some percentage of units. Ino is putting together a review, for example, and indicated his unit has the same thing. I think the Revel is otherwise a good mouse but the fact that a reasonable percentage of people seem to be having basic quality control issues like this is not going to be awesome for Nixeus come review time. Pointing this out so they can do something about it might well help them.
Edited by mikesn - 8/11/16 at 10:28am
post #524 of 2313
Quote:
Originally Posted by a_ak57 View Post

You guys would have a point if this was people complaining about the 3310 being a "garbage" sensor compared to 3360 or whatever, but people in this thread have been reporting physical issues like stiff/uneven-feeling M1/M2 and mushy side buttons and the like. There's nothing wrong with talking about that kind of stuff because it's entirely possible the mouse has QC issues (like the Aurora, we were better off for people actually complaining and making the QC issues known).
This goes for any mouse in regards to QC issues. It doesn't happen too often, but I've had issues with Zowie, Mionix and Logitech. Amazingly enough, the mouse I've had zero QC issues with are with Razer (despite their reputation for QC related products). Also, people like myself can tend to make a pimple seem like Mt. Everest. I remember one of my friends was trying to sell me his EC1-A because he thought the mouse buttons had a weird thunk feeling. When I personally tried it, I was like: "What thunk? What the hell are you talking about?" Basically, 3 things could be happening when it comes to a QC related issue and mice: 1) It's real and you should RMA it 2) It's not real and we're making mountains out of pimples but you should RMA it anyway for peace of mind 3) It's real and you notice it and you should RMA it thumb.gif

Basically, when in doubt, if you can, RMA, exchange or return it.
post #525 of 2313
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikesn View Post

I get your point about being overly nitpicky, but I don't think "mouse feet literally scraping the mouse pad on some units" is a minor nitpick, it's something physically wrong with the mouse feet on some percentage of units. Ino is putting together a review, for example, and indicated his unit has the same thing. I think the Revel is otherwise a good mouse but the fact that a reasonable percentage of people seem to be having basic quality control issues like this is not going to be awesome for Nixeus come review time. Pointing this out so they can do something about it might well help them.

As I said, my model is fine, and that's not a nitpick, I did say that unless there really is an issue, then people are just being fussy. The dragging feet is a QC issue however and I think Nixeus should make good on it.
Minimi Dried off!
(19 items)
 
HP 255G4
(17 items)
 
Wish List
(1 item)
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i5-750 Intel DH55TC Sapphire Radeon HD 6870 4GB Kingston Value RAM DDR3-1333 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Mushkin Eco 2 60GB Cooler Master Hyper T2 Windows 7 Ultimate Dell 21 Inch 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Aula SI-2012 XFX PRO 550W Fractal Design Arc Mini Corsair Harpoon 
Mouse PadAudioAudioAudio
Pecham XXL KZ EDSE MeeAudio M9B Monoprice 8323 
AudioAudioOther
Topping NX1 Sennheiser RS160 Xbox 360 Wireless Controller 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD A8-7410 I have no idea AMD Radeon R5 4GB SO-DIMM 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Hitachi 1TB PNY Optima 120GB RIP optical drive lol Whatever it has 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 7 Ultimate  15 inch 1366x768 Built in Power Brick 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
HP 255 G4 Case Nixeus Revel Steelseries QcK KZ EDSE 
Audio
Monoprice 8323 
  hide details  
Reply
Minimi Dried off!
(19 items)
 
HP 255G4
(17 items)
 
Wish List
(1 item)
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i5-750 Intel DH55TC Sapphire Radeon HD 6870 4GB Kingston Value RAM DDR3-1333 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Mushkin Eco 2 60GB Cooler Master Hyper T2 Windows 7 Ultimate Dell 21 Inch 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Aula SI-2012 XFX PRO 550W Fractal Design Arc Mini Corsair Harpoon 
Mouse PadAudioAudioAudio
Pecham XXL KZ EDSE MeeAudio M9B Monoprice 8323 
AudioAudioOther
Topping NX1 Sennheiser RS160 Xbox 360 Wireless Controller 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD A8-7410 I have no idea AMD Radeon R5 4GB SO-DIMM 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Hitachi 1TB PNY Optima 120GB RIP optical drive lol Whatever it has 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 7 Ultimate  15 inch 1366x768 Built in Power Brick 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
HP 255 G4 Case Nixeus Revel Steelseries QcK KZ EDSE 
Audio
Monoprice 8323 
  hide details  
Reply
post #526 of 2313
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikesn View Post

I'll have to second the mouse feet dragging thing - I have another unit to test here (glossy) and it appears the bottom feet in particular drag when pulled/pushed in a vertical direction on a qck+ pad.

Honestly, of all the quality control concerns, I feel like this would be the one to sort out first - you guys are going to be dinged pretty hard in reviews if a good % of people's feet aren't actually gliding well on standard gaming pads. I'm going to attempt to use some PTFE tape to fix this, but having replacement feet that don't drag would be the ideal solution.

It is one of the first things we are sorting out first. I'm just waiting on confirmation on my requests.
 
My Girlfriend #3
(15 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD FX-8350 4.0GHz 8-Core Processor Gigabyte 970A-UD3H XFX AMD Radeon RX 480 8GB OC Black Edition GSkill Sniper 8GB DDR3 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Crucial MX100 128GB SSD Toshiba 2TB 7200RPM HDD NZXT Kraken X41 Water Cooler Windows 8.1 Pro 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
NX-VUE24 Freesync 144Hz Gaming Monitor Nixeus MODA v2 Mechanical Keyboard - Brown Swit... Enermax Triathlor 550W Modular PSU NZXT S340 
MouseMouse PadAudioAudio
Nixeus REVEL PMW3360 Gaming Mouse ROCCAT SENSE Nixeus ARC 4.0 Bluetoth Speakers (Prototype) Nixeus Rival Headphones (Prototype) 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i5-3570K Gigabyte H77N-Wifi Mini-iTX Gigabyte Windforce Nvidia GTX 670  Corsair Vengeance 8GB DDR3 1600 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Samsung 830 SSD 128GB Seagate Barracuda 1TB 7200RPM NZXT Kraken X31 Water Cooler Windows 8.1 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Nixeus Vue 27" IPS LED 2560x1440 DisplayPort MA... Nixeus MODA Mechanical Keyboard - Brown Switch ... Enermax Triathlor 550W Modular PSU Cool Master Elite 130 Mini-iTX Case 
MouseMouse PadAudio
SteelSeries DOTA 2 Rival Mouse SteelSeries QcK Nixeus Earphones ER-BKSL14 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Phenom II X4 965 Processor Black Edition MSI 870A-G54 XFX AMD Radeon 7850 1GB Corsair XMS DDR3 8GB 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM LG CD/DVD Combo Drive Antech H20 950 Khuler Windows 7 Ultimate 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Nixeus Vue 27" H-IPS 2560x1440 WQHD Monitor NX... Nixeus MODA Mechanical Keyboard - Brown Switch ... OCZ Fatal1ty Modular 550 Watt Modular PSU Roswill Challenger-U3 Mid-Tower ATX Case 
Mouse
Gigabyte M6800 
  hide details  
Reply
 
My Girlfriend #3
(15 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD FX-8350 4.0GHz 8-Core Processor Gigabyte 970A-UD3H XFX AMD Radeon RX 480 8GB OC Black Edition GSkill Sniper 8GB DDR3 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Crucial MX100 128GB SSD Toshiba 2TB 7200RPM HDD NZXT Kraken X41 Water Cooler Windows 8.1 Pro 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
NX-VUE24 Freesync 144Hz Gaming Monitor Nixeus MODA v2 Mechanical Keyboard - Brown Swit... Enermax Triathlor 550W Modular PSU NZXT S340 
MouseMouse PadAudioAudio
Nixeus REVEL PMW3360 Gaming Mouse ROCCAT SENSE Nixeus ARC 4.0 Bluetoth Speakers (Prototype) Nixeus Rival Headphones (Prototype) 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i5-3570K Gigabyte H77N-Wifi Mini-iTX Gigabyte Windforce Nvidia GTX 670  Corsair Vengeance 8GB DDR3 1600 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Samsung 830 SSD 128GB Seagate Barracuda 1TB 7200RPM NZXT Kraken X31 Water Cooler Windows 8.1 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Nixeus Vue 27" IPS LED 2560x1440 DisplayPort MA... Nixeus MODA Mechanical Keyboard - Brown Switch ... Enermax Triathlor 550W Modular PSU Cool Master Elite 130 Mini-iTX Case 
MouseMouse PadAudio
SteelSeries DOTA 2 Rival Mouse SteelSeries QcK Nixeus Earphones ER-BKSL14 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Phenom II X4 965 Processor Black Edition MSI 870A-G54 XFX AMD Radeon 7850 1GB Corsair XMS DDR3 8GB 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM LG CD/DVD Combo Drive Antech H20 950 Khuler Windows 7 Ultimate 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Nixeus Vue 27" H-IPS 2560x1440 WQHD Monitor NX... Nixeus MODA Mechanical Keyboard - Brown Switch ... OCZ Fatal1ty Modular 550 Watt Modular PSU Roswill Challenger-U3 Mid-Tower ATX Case 
Mouse
Gigabyte M6800 
  hide details  
Reply
post #527 of 2313
Quote:
Originally Posted by xtenglong View Post

Didn't really have any QC issues with my revel. Only thing that bothered me was the travel distance before hitting the switches. Took it apart and used some stickers I never used. Added a layer to the LMB and RMB, and added two layers to the side buttons. It feels way better now. Going to be content until the S1 finally releases. Just poked two holes on the bottom to take my mouse apart, like how qsxcv did in his review.




I did this on mouse 1 and 2, along with sanding the inner shell of the buttons. I was concerned about quick wear on paper or vinyl stickers, so I cut up some .28mm tiger mouse feet I had laying around.

Works good, thanks for the idea.

The last thing I'm going to do is put some grip tape on the sides because it is a bit slippy to me.
Edited by frunction - 8/11/16 at 10:49am
post #528 of 2313
Quote:
Originally Posted by VESPA5 View Post

This goes for any mouse in regards to QC issues. It doesn't happen too often, but I've had issues with Zowie, Mionix and Logitech. Amazingly enough, the mouse I've had zero QC issues with are with Razer (despite their reputation for QC related products). Also, people like myself can tend to make a pimple seem like Mt. Everest. I remember one of my friends was trying to sell me his EC1-A because he thought the mouse buttons had a weird thunk feeling. When I personally tried it, I was like: "What thunk? What the hell are you talking about?" Basically, 3 things could be happening when it comes to a QC related issue and mice: 1) It's real and you should RMA it 2) It's not real and we're making mountains out of pimples but you should RMA it anyway for peace of mind 3) It's real and you notice it and you should RMA it thumb.gif

Basically, when in doubt, if you can, RMA, exchange or return it.
It's much different to talk about possible QC issues with an established company like Mionix or Logitech vs a newbie using a generic ODM mouse. It's why I mentioned the Aurora. That went beyond "just RMA because you have a one-off problem" to "Oh turns out this mouse actually just has a ton of issues, buyers beware."

Not saying the Revel is as terrible as the Aurora, I'm just saying it's not out of the realm of possibility and that the chance is vastly higher for a newbie using an ODM mouse compared to Logitech and co. So it's helpful for people to discuss their issues and wrong to shush them away with their "nitpicks" about bad clicks and dragging feet and such. Besides, you aren't really seeing these types of comments with the Pro S anyway so I'd be inclined to believe they're valid.
post #529 of 2313
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Nixeus View Post

It is one of the first things we are sorting out first. I'm just waiting on confirmation on my requests.

I'm hoping you guys get this sorted out. I'm very fond of mine.
Minimi Dried off!
(19 items)
 
HP 255G4
(17 items)
 
Wish List
(1 item)
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i5-750 Intel DH55TC Sapphire Radeon HD 6870 4GB Kingston Value RAM DDR3-1333 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Mushkin Eco 2 60GB Cooler Master Hyper T2 Windows 7 Ultimate Dell 21 Inch 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Aula SI-2012 XFX PRO 550W Fractal Design Arc Mini Corsair Harpoon 
Mouse PadAudioAudioAudio
Pecham XXL KZ EDSE MeeAudio M9B Monoprice 8323 
AudioAudioOther
Topping NX1 Sennheiser RS160 Xbox 360 Wireless Controller 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD A8-7410 I have no idea AMD Radeon R5 4GB SO-DIMM 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Hitachi 1TB PNY Optima 120GB RIP optical drive lol Whatever it has 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 7 Ultimate  15 inch 1366x768 Built in Power Brick 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
HP 255 G4 Case Nixeus Revel Steelseries QcK KZ EDSE 
Audio
Monoprice 8323 
  hide details  
Reply
Minimi Dried off!
(19 items)
 
HP 255G4
(17 items)
 
Wish List
(1 item)
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i5-750 Intel DH55TC Sapphire Radeon HD 6870 4GB Kingston Value RAM DDR3-1333 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Mushkin Eco 2 60GB Cooler Master Hyper T2 Windows 7 Ultimate Dell 21 Inch 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Aula SI-2012 XFX PRO 550W Fractal Design Arc Mini Corsair Harpoon 
Mouse PadAudioAudioAudio
Pecham XXL KZ EDSE MeeAudio M9B Monoprice 8323 
AudioAudioOther
Topping NX1 Sennheiser RS160 Xbox 360 Wireless Controller 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD A8-7410 I have no idea AMD Radeon R5 4GB SO-DIMM 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Hitachi 1TB PNY Optima 120GB RIP optical drive lol Whatever it has 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 7 Ultimate  15 inch 1366x768 Built in Power Brick 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
HP 255 G4 Case Nixeus Revel Steelseries QcK KZ EDSE 
Audio
Monoprice 8323 
  hide details  
Reply
post #530 of 2313
Quote:
Originally Posted by BWAS1000 View Post

I'm hoping you guys get this sorted out. I'm very fond of mine.
I think it's a decent mouse. I actually think the M1/M2 buttons are less stiff than the DM1 Pro S M1/M2 buttons. But overall, it literally feels like I bought 2 of the same mouse give or take a half millimeter here or there and different side buttons ph34r-smiley.gif
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Mice
Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Mice › Nixeus REVEL [It's here!]