Overclock.net › Forums › Case Mods & Cases › Computer Cases › Looking for a Reverse ATX case
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Looking for a Reverse ATX case - Page 2

post #11 of 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by ADHDadditiv View Post

Just watched the HWCanucks video on the case, no chance my system is gunna fit. I have 3 HDD's and an SSD frown.gif Reason it wont fit, the 2 video cards are 11.5", which cuts off almost all access to the HDD's for cables.

*EDIT*

Also with the 11.5" GPU it just barely, but does for sure, make those mounting brackets for the rad put it in the wrong spot.

First let me correct myself and say that the max GPU length the case can fit is 12" and not 11". I used my 780 Ti HOF card with my old case and it fit with space to spare. That card is 11.5" long and I never had issue with it. You just need to route your cable properly. Check out the link below and scroll down on the page and see the spec sheet.

http://www.silverstonetek.com/raven/products/index.php?model=RV02


Also, the H100 actually fits, check post #5 on an RV02 thread below:

http://www.overclock.net/t/1155032/h100-in-rv02-e/0_20#post_15506891


If you want more space, remove the 180 mm fans and the filter housing (and filters) at the bottom. You can then use the mounting bracket to mount your H100 at the bottom. This gives you an extra 1/2 inch or more of space! biggrin.gif

EDIT: I really regret selling my limited edition white version (#22) off. redface.gif
Edited by mark_thaddeus - 7/19/16 at 7:11pm
Equinox
(18 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7-4790k Asus Z97I-Plus Galaxy 780 Ti HOF Edition Kingston Hyper X Fury 16 GB 1866Mhz 
Hard DriveCoolingCoolingCooling
Crucial MX100 512 GB Corsair H55 dual fan (CPU) NZXT G10 Corsair H55 (GPU) 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 7 Pro SP1 Asus PB278Q DK-9087 MX Red White Leds Seasonic 660X 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Silverstone FT03 Logitech G400S Razer Sphex Fiio E17 / E9K 
AudioAudio
Fidelio X2 HE-400i 
  hide details  
Reply
Equinox
(18 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7-4790k Asus Z97I-Plus Galaxy 780 Ti HOF Edition Kingston Hyper X Fury 16 GB 1866Mhz 
Hard DriveCoolingCoolingCooling
Crucial MX100 512 GB Corsair H55 dual fan (CPU) NZXT G10 Corsair H55 (GPU) 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 7 Pro SP1 Asus PB278Q DK-9087 MX Red White Leds Seasonic 660X 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Silverstone FT03 Logitech G400S Razer Sphex Fiio E17 / E9K 
AudioAudio
Fidelio X2 HE-400i 
  hide details  
Reply
post #12 of 21
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by mark_thaddeus View Post

First let me correct myself and say that the max GPU length the case can fit is 12" and not 11". I used my 780 Ti HOF card with my old case and it fit with space to spare. That card is 11.5" long and I never had issue with it. You just need to route your cable properly. Check out the link below and scroll down on the page and see the spec sheet.

http://www.silverstonetek.com/raven/products/index.php?model=RV02


Also, the H100 actually fits, check post #5 on an RV02 thread below:

http://www.overclock.net/t/1155032/h100-in-rv02-e/0_20#post_15506891


If you want more space, remove the 180 mm fans and the filter housing (and filters) at the bottom. You can then use the mounting bracket to mount your H100 at the bottom. This gives you an extra 1/2 inch or more of space! biggrin.gif

EDIT: I really regret selling my limited edition white version (#22) off. redface.gif

Oh ok solves the h100 problem, but still worried about both my 770's fitting with all 3 of my hdd's. I don't wanna have to get super creative lol
Black Jarvis V1.9
(21 items)
 
Mazdaspeed6
(18 items)
 
 
  hide details  
Reply
Black Jarvis V1.9
(21 items)
 
Mazdaspeed6
(18 items)
 
 
  hide details  
Reply
post #13 of 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by ADHDadditiv View Post

Oh ok solves the h100 problem, but still worried about both my 770's fitting with all 3 of my hdd's. I don't wanna have to get super creative lol

The case has space for 5 HDD / SSDs, check out the pic below:



That picture is showing an even longer rad being used, the Swiftech H220. Your H100 should be shorter and fit the 2 cards in SLI plus have space for 5 HDD / SSD. It's the 5 vertical slots to the left and below. You could also use the 5.25 inch bays at the top left for your 3 HDDs and SSDs if you chose to do it.
Edited by mark_thaddeus - 7/19/16 at 10:22pm
Equinox
(18 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7-4790k Asus Z97I-Plus Galaxy 780 Ti HOF Edition Kingston Hyper X Fury 16 GB 1866Mhz 
Hard DriveCoolingCoolingCooling
Crucial MX100 512 GB Corsair H55 dual fan (CPU) NZXT G10 Corsair H55 (GPU) 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 7 Pro SP1 Asus PB278Q DK-9087 MX Red White Leds Seasonic 660X 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Silverstone FT03 Logitech G400S Razer Sphex Fiio E17 / E9K 
AudioAudio
Fidelio X2 HE-400i 
  hide details  
Reply
Equinox
(18 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7-4790k Asus Z97I-Plus Galaxy 780 Ti HOF Edition Kingston Hyper X Fury 16 GB 1866Mhz 
Hard DriveCoolingCoolingCooling
Crucial MX100 512 GB Corsair H55 dual fan (CPU) NZXT G10 Corsair H55 (GPU) 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 7 Pro SP1 Asus PB278Q DK-9087 MX Red White Leds Seasonic 660X 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Silverstone FT03 Logitech G400S Razer Sphex Fiio E17 / E9K 
AudioAudio
Fidelio X2 HE-400i 
  hide details  
Reply
post #14 of 21
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by mark_thaddeus View Post

The case has space for 5 HDD / SSDs, check out the pic below:



That picture is showing an even longer rad being used, the Swiftech H220. Your H100 should be shorter and fit the 2 cards in SLI plus have space for 5 HDD / SSD. It's the 5 vertical slots to the left and below. You could also use the 5.25 inch bays at the top left for your 3 HDDs and SSDs if you chose to do it.
Well I'll be damned. I see no reason not to get it. Thanks a ton!

*EDIT*

And just to be sure its the same Silverstone Raven RV02-E as stated above?
Black Jarvis V1.9
(21 items)
 
Mazdaspeed6
(18 items)
 
 
  hide details  
Reply
Black Jarvis V1.9
(21 items)
 
Mazdaspeed6
(18 items)
 
 
  hide details  
Reply
post #15 of 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by ADHDadditiv View Post

Well I'll be damned. I see no reason not to get it. Thanks a ton!

*EDIT*

And just to be sure its the same Silverstone Raven RV02-E as stated above?

Yes that's the RV02-E. You can tell by the arrangement of the hard drive cages. The original version which is the Non-E looks like this from the inside:



The RV02-E was the 2nd version or updated version released by Silverstone.
Equinox
(18 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7-4790k Asus Z97I-Plus Galaxy 780 Ti HOF Edition Kingston Hyper X Fury 16 GB 1866Mhz 
Hard DriveCoolingCoolingCooling
Crucial MX100 512 GB Corsair H55 dual fan (CPU) NZXT G10 Corsair H55 (GPU) 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 7 Pro SP1 Asus PB278Q DK-9087 MX Red White Leds Seasonic 660X 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Silverstone FT03 Logitech G400S Razer Sphex Fiio E17 / E9K 
AudioAudio
Fidelio X2 HE-400i 
  hide details  
Reply
Equinox
(18 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7-4790k Asus Z97I-Plus Galaxy 780 Ti HOF Edition Kingston Hyper X Fury 16 GB 1866Mhz 
Hard DriveCoolingCoolingCooling
Crucial MX100 512 GB Corsair H55 dual fan (CPU) NZXT G10 Corsair H55 (GPU) 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 7 Pro SP1 Asus PB278Q DK-9087 MX Red White Leds Seasonic 660X 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Silverstone FT03 Logitech G400S Razer Sphex Fiio E17 / E9K 
AudioAudio
Fidelio X2 HE-400i 
  hide details  
Reply
post #16 of 21
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by mark_thaddeus View Post

Yes that's the RV02-E. You can tell by the arrangement of the hard drive cages. The original version which is the Non-E looks like this from the inside:



The RV02-E was the 2nd version or updated version released by Silverstone.

Ok perfect thanks. Also how does the video card and rear Io exit from the shroud on top?
Black Jarvis V1.9
(21 items)
 
Mazdaspeed6
(18 items)
 
 
  hide details  
Reply
Black Jarvis V1.9
(21 items)
 
Mazdaspeed6
(18 items)
 
 
  hide details  
Reply
post #17 of 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by ADHDadditiv View Post

Ok perfect thanks. Also how does the video card and rear Io exit from the shroud on top?


post #18 of 21
Thread Starter 
Perfect thanks. As long as it'll fit on my desk I'll pick one up.

Also, noise levels? Only gunna be like 3 feet from me at chest level.
Black Jarvis V1.9
(21 items)
 
Mazdaspeed6
(18 items)
 
 
  hide details  
Reply
Black Jarvis V1.9
(21 items)
 
Mazdaspeed6
(18 items)
 
 
  hide details  
Reply
post #19 of 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by ADHDadditiv View Post

Perfect thanks. As long as it'll fit on my desk I'll pick one up.

Also, noise levels? Only gunna be like 3 feet from me at chest level.

You can set the fan to either low or high settings. I left mine at low and it kept everything cool and quiet. If you set it to high you'll hear the whoosh of the air.

If you look at the picture in the previous post, look at the switches in between where the exhaust grill and where the PSU is and you'lll see it (3 small switches lined up with each other).
Edited by mark_thaddeus - 7/20/16 at 2:28pm
Equinox
(18 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7-4790k Asus Z97I-Plus Galaxy 780 Ti HOF Edition Kingston Hyper X Fury 16 GB 1866Mhz 
Hard DriveCoolingCoolingCooling
Crucial MX100 512 GB Corsair H55 dual fan (CPU) NZXT G10 Corsair H55 (GPU) 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 7 Pro SP1 Asus PB278Q DK-9087 MX Red White Leds Seasonic 660X 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Silverstone FT03 Logitech G400S Razer Sphex Fiio E17 / E9K 
AudioAudio
Fidelio X2 HE-400i 
  hide details  
Reply
Equinox
(18 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7-4790k Asus Z97I-Plus Galaxy 780 Ti HOF Edition Kingston Hyper X Fury 16 GB 1866Mhz 
Hard DriveCoolingCoolingCooling
Crucial MX100 512 GB Corsair H55 dual fan (CPU) NZXT G10 Corsair H55 (GPU) 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 7 Pro SP1 Asus PB278Q DK-9087 MX Red White Leds Seasonic 660X 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Silverstone FT03 Logitech G400S Razer Sphex Fiio E17 / E9K 
AudioAudio
Fidelio X2 HE-400i 
  hide details  
Reply
post #20 of 21
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by mark_thaddeus View Post

You can set the fan to either low or high settings. I left mine at low and it kept everything cool and quiet. If you set it to high you'll hear the whoosh of the air.

If you look at the picture in the previous post, look at the switches in between where the exhaust grill and where the PSU is and you'lll see it (3 small switches lined up with each other).

You have this case yes? I need to know how thick the feet of it are. My desk is currently 3" too short haha
Edited by ADHDadditiv - 7/20/16 at 9:35pm
Black Jarvis V1.9
(21 items)
 
Mazdaspeed6
(18 items)
 
 
  hide details  
Reply
Black Jarvis V1.9
(21 items)
 
Mazdaspeed6
(18 items)
 
 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Computer Cases
Overclock.net › Forums › Case Mods & Cases › Computer Cases › Looking for a Reverse ATX case