Overclock.net › Forums › Hardware Vendors › Case Labs › [Build Log] CaseLabs THW10 : Intel 6950X w/ Dual TITAN XP
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[Build Log] CaseLabs THW10 : Intel 6950X w/ Dual TITAN XP - Page 10

post #91 of 143
Nice work brother! thumb.gif
Workstation
(14 items)
 
CL SMA8
(11 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7-6800k MSI X99a Gaming Pro Carbon EVGA GTX 1080 Founders HyperX Predator 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Samsung 950 Pro 512GB M.2 Samsung 850 Pro 1TB Corsair H110 GTX Windows 10  
MonitorMonitorKeyboardPower
Dell U3415W Dell U3415W Razer Death Stalker EVGA SuperNOVA 750 P2 
CaseMouse
Phanteks Pro M Acrylic Razer DeathAdder 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
i7-5960x MSI X99A Xpower AC MSI GTX 980 Ti Lightning MSI GTX 980 Ti Lightning 
RAMHard DriveCoolingOS
Hyper X Predator  Samsung 850 EVO Lots Windows 10 Home 
PowerCase
EVGA GS1050 CaseLabs Magnum SMA8 
  hide details  
Reply
Workstation
(14 items)
 
CL SMA8
(11 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7-6800k MSI X99a Gaming Pro Carbon EVGA GTX 1080 Founders HyperX Predator 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Samsung 950 Pro 512GB M.2 Samsung 850 Pro 1TB Corsair H110 GTX Windows 10  
MonitorMonitorKeyboardPower
Dell U3415W Dell U3415W Razer Death Stalker EVGA SuperNOVA 750 P2 
CaseMouse
Phanteks Pro M Acrylic Razer DeathAdder 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
i7-5960x MSI X99A Xpower AC MSI GTX 980 Ti Lightning MSI GTX 980 Ti Lightning 
RAMHard DriveCoolingOS
Hyper X Predator  Samsung 850 EVO Lots Windows 10 Home 
PowerCase
EVGA GS1050 CaseLabs Magnum SMA8 
  hide details  
Reply
post #92 of 143
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLMS2010 View Post

Nice work brother! thumb.gif

Thanks Jason! redface.gif
post #93 of 143
I decided to follow your example regarding your GPU's. Yesterday I posted two of my 980Ti's on ebay and sold both is less than 24 hours. I have a third which completely failed, so I had to RMA it back to EVGA for replacement. As soon as I get that replacement, I'll be selling it to. As soon as I have the money I'm going to get a pair of Titan's. I thought about 1080 SLI, but it's not a big enough performance improvement over my 980Ti's. I would love to wait for the 1080Ti's, but I don't want to wait another 4-5 months for them to be released. I was looking at the Titan X Pascal forum, and something bad caught my eye. It looks like a lot of people are having problems putting them under water. The only way I will consider even using them is that way because of the fan noise and heat. Have you had any issues yourself? My 980Ti's were also using EKWB blocks, and I intend on sticking with EKWB for my next cards.
Edited by jsutter71 - 10/11/16 at 4:44pm
post #94 of 143
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsutter71 View Post

I decided to follow your example regarding your GPU's. Yesterday I posted two of my 980Ti's on ebay and sold both is less than 24 hours. I have a third which completely failed, so I had to RMA it back to EVGA for replacement. As soon as I get that replacement, I'll be selling it to. As soon as I have the money I'm going to get a pair of Titan's. I thought about 1080 SLI, but it's not a big enough performance improvement over my 980Ti's. I would love to wait for the 1080Ti's, but I don't want to wait another 4-5 months for them to be released. I was looking at the Titan X Pascal forum, and something bad caught my eye. It looks like a lot of people are having problems putting them under water. The only way I will consider even using them is that way because of the fan noise and heat. Have you had any issues yourself? My 980Ti's were also using EKWB blocks, and I intend on sticking with EKWB for my next cards.


I have zero issues with mine under water, temps are very low and consistent. Who knows if the people complaining actually own the card let alone the waterblocks, sounds like BS to me.
post #95 of 143
Quote:
I have zero issues with mine under water, temps are very low and consistent. Who knows if the people complaining actually own the card let alone the waterblocks, sounds like BS to me.

Same here, my sons Tri- 980Ti under water on EK blocks are running great, although, those are his first EK blocks and he doesn't like them that much, the quality is not really there, compare to e.g. Aquacomputer, Heatkiller, but the cards themselves have 0 issues and he puts some heavy workload on them
Edited by NewUser16 - 10/11/16 at 6:21pm
post #96 of 143
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewUser16 View Post

Same here, my sons Tri- 980Ti under water on EK blocks are running great, although, those are his first EK blocks and he doesn't like them that much, the quality is not really there, compare to e.g. Aquacomputer, Heatkiller, but the cards themselves have 0 issues and he puts some heavy workload on them

Thank you. Personally really like the quality from EK plus the guys are super helpful whenever have a question or need help. Never an issue here. thumb.gif
post #97 of 143
There is definitely nothing wrong with EK blocks , its all about personal preference thumb.gif
post #98 of 143
This is true. EK and Bitspower are my choices for blocks.
Workstation
(14 items)
 
CL SMA8
(11 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7-6800k MSI X99a Gaming Pro Carbon EVGA GTX 1080 Founders HyperX Predator 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Samsung 950 Pro 512GB M.2 Samsung 850 Pro 1TB Corsair H110 GTX Windows 10  
MonitorMonitorKeyboardPower
Dell U3415W Dell U3415W Razer Death Stalker EVGA SuperNOVA 750 P2 
CaseMouse
Phanteks Pro M Acrylic Razer DeathAdder 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
i7-5960x MSI X99A Xpower AC MSI GTX 980 Ti Lightning MSI GTX 980 Ti Lightning 
RAMHard DriveCoolingOS
Hyper X Predator  Samsung 850 EVO Lots Windows 10 Home 
PowerCase
EVGA GS1050 CaseLabs Magnum SMA8 
  hide details  
Reply
Workstation
(14 items)
 
CL SMA8
(11 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7-6800k MSI X99a Gaming Pro Carbon EVGA GTX 1080 Founders HyperX Predator 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Samsung 950 Pro 512GB M.2 Samsung 850 Pro 1TB Corsair H110 GTX Windows 10  
MonitorMonitorKeyboardPower
Dell U3415W Dell U3415W Razer Death Stalker EVGA SuperNOVA 750 P2 
CaseMouse
Phanteks Pro M Acrylic Razer DeathAdder 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
i7-5960x MSI X99A Xpower AC MSI GTX 980 Ti Lightning MSI GTX 980 Ti Lightning 
RAMHard DriveCoolingOS
Hyper X Predator  Samsung 850 EVO Lots Windows 10 Home 
PowerCase
EVGA GS1050 CaseLabs Magnum SMA8 
  hide details  
Reply
post #99 of 143
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLMS2010 View Post

This is true. EK and Bitspower are my choices for blocks.


Yea the Bitspower blocks you used on the Green Lightning build were slick bro
post #100 of 143
Thanks buddy! thumb.gif
Workstation
(14 items)
 
CL SMA8
(11 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7-6800k MSI X99a Gaming Pro Carbon EVGA GTX 1080 Founders HyperX Predator 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Samsung 950 Pro 512GB M.2 Samsung 850 Pro 1TB Corsair H110 GTX Windows 10  
MonitorMonitorKeyboardPower
Dell U3415W Dell U3415W Razer Death Stalker EVGA SuperNOVA 750 P2 
CaseMouse
Phanteks Pro M Acrylic Razer DeathAdder 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
i7-5960x MSI X99A Xpower AC MSI GTX 980 Ti Lightning MSI GTX 980 Ti Lightning 
RAMHard DriveCoolingOS
Hyper X Predator  Samsung 850 EVO Lots Windows 10 Home 
PowerCase
EVGA GS1050 CaseLabs Magnum SMA8 
  hide details  
Reply
Workstation
(14 items)
 
CL SMA8
(11 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7-6800k MSI X99a Gaming Pro Carbon EVGA GTX 1080 Founders HyperX Predator 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Samsung 950 Pro 512GB M.2 Samsung 850 Pro 1TB Corsair H110 GTX Windows 10  
MonitorMonitorKeyboardPower
Dell U3415W Dell U3415W Razer Death Stalker EVGA SuperNOVA 750 P2 
CaseMouse
Phanteks Pro M Acrylic Razer DeathAdder 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
i7-5960x MSI X99A Xpower AC MSI GTX 980 Ti Lightning MSI GTX 980 Ti Lightning 
RAMHard DriveCoolingOS
Hyper X Predator  Samsung 850 EVO Lots Windows 10 Home 
PowerCase
EVGA GS1050 CaseLabs Magnum SMA8 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Case Labs
Overclock.net › Forums › Hardware Vendors › Case Labs › [Build Log] CaseLabs THW10 : Intel 6950X w/ Dual TITAN XP