Overclock.net › Forums › AMD › AMD CPUs › not a bad cpu I think, fx 8320
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

not a bad cpu I think, fx 8320 - Page 2

post #11 of 27
It's not bad at all. Good runs. Hows Cinebench look?
post #12 of 27
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShrimpBrime View Post

It's not bad at all. Good runs. Hows Cinebench look?



post #13 of 27
Very sexy.

Time for that Cooler upgrade.....
post #14 of 27
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShrimpBrime View Post

Very sexy.

Time for that Cooler upgrade.....

yes for sure, but he at the moment i can run everthing what i do, cinebench, realbench, cinema 4d, gaming, no problem, but how many fx 8320 run 4.5ghz at 1.3v set in bios, 1.3375v set in bios i run a bit over 4.6ghz
post #15 of 27
For the FX series too, remember, voltage isn't an issue, it's cooling. If you can cool it you can clock it. Cooling is the chip, the socket, the VRM and surrounding areas though.

I was pushing my FX-6350 to 5.4 GHz daily with 1.65v. It was under 560mm of radiator in push-pull (dual EX280's) and a 140mm fan for the rear socket and 140mm fan for the back of the motherboard. It was ran on a 990fxa-ud3 rev4.
post #16 of 27
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duality92 View Post

For the FX series too, remember, voltage isn't an issue, it's cooling. If you can cool it you can clock it. Cooling is the chip, the socket, the VRM and surrounding areas though.

I was pushing my FX-6350 to 5.4 GHz daily with 1.65v. It was under 560mm of radiator in push-pull (dual EX280's) and a 140mm fan for the rear socket and 140mm fan for the back of the motherboard. It was ran on a 990fxa-ud3 rev4.

yes i know cooling is the most importment, thats what is holding me back, but if i look at the internet, i see many fx 8320 4.5ghz with around 1.4v
post #17 of 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by turbobooster View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duality92 View Post

For the FX series too, remember, voltage isn't an issue, it's cooling. If you can cool it you can clock it. Cooling is the chip, the socket, the VRM and surrounding areas though.

I was pushing my FX-6350 to 5.4 GHz daily with 1.65v. It was under 560mm of radiator in push-pull (dual EX280's) and a 140mm fan for the rear socket and 140mm fan for the back of the motherboard. It was ran on a 990fxa-ud3 rev4.

yes i know cooling is the most importment, thats what is holding me back, but if i look at the internet, i see many fx 8320 4.5ghz with around 1.4v

That's stability with hours of testing in some cases. IBT is a nice quick test for a quick heat run. A couple of hours with Prime95 or OCCT really tests a water loop. In most cases it does take 1.4v to achieve a real stable clock
post #18 of 27
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duality92 View Post

For the FX series too, remember, voltage isn't an issue, it's cooling. If you can cool it you can clock it. Cooling is the chip, the socket, the VRM and surrounding areas though.

I was pushing my FX-6350 to 5.4 GHz daily with 1.65v. It was under 560mm of radiator in push-pull (dual EX280's) and a 140mm fan for the rear socket and 140mm fan for the back of the motherboard. It was ran on a 990fxa-ud3 rev4.

yes i know cooling is the most importment, thats what is holding me back, but if i look at the internet, i see many fx 8320 4.5ghz with around 1.4v
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShrimpBrime View Post

That's stability with hours of testing in some cases. IBT is a nice quick test for a quick heat run. A couple of hours with Prime95 or OCCT really tests a water loop. In most cases it does take 1.4v to achieve a real stable clock

i will do that but not now, need better cooling, and at the moment it is 34 degrees celsius here.
post #19 of 27
Thread Starter 
but can sombody tell what is better, i have 1600mhz mem (stock), now i,m running 225x20 bus speed 2250, htt 2250, mem at 1499mhz, so is this better ore just overclock multie
post #20 of 27
Two ways you can handle the Memory. Keep it at the speed you have now and tighten timings (If not already) from stock values. So instead of running a Cas 9, you would test Cas 8 and 7. Or bump the divider up one and may need to loosen timings or add a tad of memory voltage.

Since we cannot see what your are doing with the lack of CPU-Z screen shots, it's difficult to help.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: AMD CPUs
Overclock.net › Forums › AMD › AMD CPUs › not a bad cpu I think, fx 8320