Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Hardware News › [Twitter] Jen-Hsun introduces the new NVIDIA TITAN X
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[Twitter] Jen-Hsun introduces the new NVIDIA TITAN X - Page 243  

post #2421 of 3587
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slomo4shO View Post

What exactly is the purpose of the Titan lineup?

To milk the high end market between the 080 line and TI line release. To let the haves, have the performance without having to wait like the have nots. Sad reality.
post #2422 of 3587
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dargonplay View Post

All Titans have had double the VRAM than the x80Tis counterparts, that's what made your point valid.

Titan OG had double the VRAM than the x80Ti flagship, same for Titan Black, same for Maxwell Titan X, Titan Pascal have have the same amount of VRAM as the old Titan X, 12GB, and Pascal x80Ti will probably have 12GB, where's the 24GB Titan Pascal? Unless the x80Ti releases with 6GB of VRAM it makes no sense.

Also a cut down chip is a cut down chip, Pascal Titan X is nowhere near a full fat chip.

The full chip would be 8-9% faster at most, most likely closer to 5% in real world... "Nowhere near a full chip"?

Some people claiming 1080 > Titan X's ~30% upgrade is small, but some of those same people complaining about it not being a full chip? 30% is small but 35% isn't? Good luck telling the difference during a game. I think some people just complain to complain.
Edited by Murlocke - 7/31/16 at 11:50am
The Leviathan
(20 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 6700k @ 4.7GHz MSI Z170A Gaming M7 12GB NVIDIA Titan X (Pascal) 32GB G.Skill Ripjaws V (DDR4 3200) 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingCooling
2x 1TB Samsung 960 PRO 193TB unRAID Server 3x 140mm Noctua NF-A14 Noctua NH-D15 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 10 Pro x64 65" LG 65E6P (4K OLED) Ducky DK9008 Shine 3  Corsair AX860 
CaseMouseAudioAudio
Corsair Obsidian 750D Logitech G502 Proteus Sprectrum Denon X7200WA (Receiver) 2x Klipsch RF-7 (Front Speakers) 
AudioAudioAudioAudio
4x Klipsch RS-62 (Surround Speakers) Klipsch RC-64 (Center Speaker) 4x Klipsch CDT-5800-C II (Atmos Speakers) 2x SVS PB16-Ultra (Subwoofers) 
  hide details  
The Leviathan
(20 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 6700k @ 4.7GHz MSI Z170A Gaming M7 12GB NVIDIA Titan X (Pascal) 32GB G.Skill Ripjaws V (DDR4 3200) 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingCooling
2x 1TB Samsung 960 PRO 193TB unRAID Server 3x 140mm Noctua NF-A14 Noctua NH-D15 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 10 Pro x64 65" LG 65E6P (4K OLED) Ducky DK9008 Shine 3  Corsair AX860 
CaseMouseAudioAudio
Corsair Obsidian 750D Logitech G502 Proteus Sprectrum Denon X7200WA (Receiver) 2x Klipsch RF-7 (Front Speakers) 
AudioAudioAudioAudio
4x Klipsch RS-62 (Surround Speakers) Klipsch RC-64 (Center Speaker) 4x Klipsch CDT-5800-C II (Atmos Speakers) 2x SVS PB16-Ultra (Subwoofers) 
  hide details  
post #2423 of 3587
Quote:
Originally Posted by Testier View Post

Honestly, I dont feel like there would be a large performance gap between the 3584 CUDA core version vs a potential 3840 core version.....

As for the GDDR5x, is 1080 memory bottlenecked? It doesnt seems like in overclocking benchmarks I believe. Well, GP102 is essentially 1.5x GP104. Lets look on the memory bandwidth of GTX 1080, which is at 320GB/s. GP102, which is 1.5 x GP104, have exactly 50% more memory bandwidth. Adding HBM2 would probably increase the cost too much and wont give enough performance to justify it.

I am probably buying one to run my ultrawide monitor. Would be nice one day to get higher resolution ultrawides...

There would not, only a ~7% theoretical difference and in real world, would probably be closer to 3-4%. Nonetheless we still may get a full-uncut Titan refresh at some point, but by then Volta may not be far off.

It makes more sense to me to buy now when Volta is further away. Or ditch the idea of getting Titans and just wait for the Ti. Titan Black was a worse value relative to the original considering how quickly it got superseded by a better chip (980).
Edited by x3sphere - 7/31/16 at 11:43am
post #2424 of 3587
Quote:
Originally Posted by Murlocke View Post

- A card for the select few that need the VRAM (non-gaming purposes)

It was once branded as a cheaper alternative to Quadro for professionals for CUDA development. But from what I am understanding, the Titan XP will now have cut down compute in line with the rest of the Geforce lineup which, in turn, is also cut down compared to previous generation GeForce cards. Also a 384 bit Ti will also have 12 GB of memory so that becomes a moot point. So what exactly is the differentiating factor?





Quote:
Originally Posted by Murlocke View Post

- A card to get early performance of a fully (or almost fully unlocked) chip without having to wait for the "mainstream" Ti versions.

How do you account for the GTX 780 Ti hitting the market 3 months before the Titan Black?
Tsar Bomba
(12 items)
 
Fat Man
(13 items)
 
Little Boy
(29 items)
 
CPUMotherboardRAMHard Drive
Intel Core i7-6700K ASRock Fatal1ty Z170 Gaming-ITX/ac Crucial Ballistix Sport LT 32GB (2 x 16GB) DDR4... Samsung 850 EVO 500GB M.2-2280 SSD 
Hard DriveCoolingCoolingOS
Sandisk Ultra II 960GB 2.5" SSD Zalman CNPS8900 Quiet Noctua NF-F12 PWM Microsoft Windows 10 Pro 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Corsair K95 Corsair SF 600W Silverstone SG05BB-LITE Corsair M65 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
AMD A10-7850K GIGABYTE GA-F2A88X-UP4 XFX R9-290A-ENBC Radeon R9 290 XFX R9-290A-ENBC Radeon R9 290 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingCooling
Samsung 830 128GB Western Digital Blue 1TB XSPC Raystorm CPU/APU Waterblock - AMD XSPC D5 Photon 170 Reservoir/Pump Combo 
CoolingCoolingCoolingPower
XSPC AX360 Radiator XSPC AX240 Radiator 2x XSPC Razor R9 290X / 290 - Full Cover Water ... EVGA Supernova 1000 P2 
Case
Corsair Carbide Series Air 540 Black  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel Core i7-4770K  Asus Maximus VI Extreme Sapphire R9 290 unlocked to 290X Sapphire R9 290 unlocked to 290X 
GraphicsGraphicsRAMHard Drive
Sapphire R9 290 unlocked to 290X Sapphire R9 290 unlocked to 290X G.SKILL Sniper Series 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR3 2400 2x SAMSUNG 840 EVO 250GB 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingCooling
2x TOSHIBA PH3300U-1I72 3TB Asus BW-12B1ST/BLK/G/AS Blu-Ray/DVD/CD Writer 29x Noctua NF-F12 PWM 2x Swiftech MCP655 + Bitspower Dual D5 Mod Top 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
Phobya Balancer 450 Silver Nickel Reservoir 2x Alphacool NexXxoS XT45 480mm Radiator Alphacool NexXxoS XT45 360mm Radiator Alphacool NexXxoS XT45 240mm Radiator 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
Alphacool NexXxoS ST30 240mm Radiator Alphacool NexXxoS XT45 120mm Radiator 4x Koolance VID-AR290X Radeon VGA Liquid Coolin... EK Supreme LTX Intel CPU Liquid Cooling Block -... 
OSMonitorMonitorMonitor
Microsoft Windows 8.1 Pro Asus VS238H-P 23.0" Asus VS238H-P 23.0" Asus VS238H-P 23.0" 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Corsair Vengeance K95 ENERMAX Maxrevo EMR1500EWT 1500W Corsair Obsidian Series 900D Razer DeathAdder 2013 
Audio
Astro Gaming A50 Circumaural Headset - Black 
  hide details  
Tsar Bomba
(12 items)
 
Fat Man
(13 items)
 
Little Boy
(29 items)
 
CPUMotherboardRAMHard Drive
Intel Core i7-6700K ASRock Fatal1ty Z170 Gaming-ITX/ac Crucial Ballistix Sport LT 32GB (2 x 16GB) DDR4... Samsung 850 EVO 500GB M.2-2280 SSD 
Hard DriveCoolingCoolingOS
Sandisk Ultra II 960GB 2.5" SSD Zalman CNPS8900 Quiet Noctua NF-F12 PWM Microsoft Windows 10 Pro 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Corsair K95 Corsair SF 600W Silverstone SG05BB-LITE Corsair M65 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
AMD A10-7850K GIGABYTE GA-F2A88X-UP4 XFX R9-290A-ENBC Radeon R9 290 XFX R9-290A-ENBC Radeon R9 290 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingCooling
Samsung 830 128GB Western Digital Blue 1TB XSPC Raystorm CPU/APU Waterblock - AMD XSPC D5 Photon 170 Reservoir/Pump Combo 
CoolingCoolingCoolingPower
XSPC AX360 Radiator XSPC AX240 Radiator 2x XSPC Razor R9 290X / 290 - Full Cover Water ... EVGA Supernova 1000 P2 
Case
Corsair Carbide Series Air 540 Black  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel Core i7-4770K  Asus Maximus VI Extreme Sapphire R9 290 unlocked to 290X Sapphire R9 290 unlocked to 290X 
GraphicsGraphicsRAMHard Drive
Sapphire R9 290 unlocked to 290X Sapphire R9 290 unlocked to 290X G.SKILL Sniper Series 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR3 2400 2x SAMSUNG 840 EVO 250GB 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingCooling
2x TOSHIBA PH3300U-1I72 3TB Asus BW-12B1ST/BLK/G/AS Blu-Ray/DVD/CD Writer 29x Noctua NF-F12 PWM 2x Swiftech MCP655 + Bitspower Dual D5 Mod Top 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
Phobya Balancer 450 Silver Nickel Reservoir 2x Alphacool NexXxoS XT45 480mm Radiator Alphacool NexXxoS XT45 360mm Radiator Alphacool NexXxoS XT45 240mm Radiator 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
Alphacool NexXxoS ST30 240mm Radiator Alphacool NexXxoS XT45 120mm Radiator 4x Koolance VID-AR290X Radeon VGA Liquid Coolin... EK Supreme LTX Intel CPU Liquid Cooling Block -... 
OSMonitorMonitorMonitor
Microsoft Windows 8.1 Pro Asus VS238H-P 23.0" Asus VS238H-P 23.0" Asus VS238H-P 23.0" 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Corsair Vengeance K95 ENERMAX Maxrevo EMR1500EWT 1500W Corsair Obsidian Series 900D Razer DeathAdder 2013 
Audio
Astro Gaming A50 Circumaural Headset - Black 
  hide details  
post #2425 of 3587
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slomo4shO View Post

It was once branded as a cheaper alternative to Quadro for professionals for CUDA development. But from what I am understanding, the Titan XP will now have cut down compute in line with the rest of the Geforce lineup. Also a 384 bit Ti will also have 12 GB of memory so that becomes a moot point. So what exactly is the differentiating factor?



How do you account for the GTX 780 Ti hitting the market 3 months before the Titan Black?

It's as simple as this: It's the best card right now. Nothing else beats it currently. Period.

We can argue on and on about what's the purpose of a Titan, etc and none of it even matters. If you want it, buy it. If you don't, don't. If you can't afford it, well that's no one else's problem. Simple.

I find it funny that people who claim to have no interest in this card are actively posting in here. You guys either enjoy the drama, enjoy trying to tell people how to spend their money, or are actively lying to yourselves about wanting the card. Take your pick, there's no other reason for someone not interested in the card to be posting here half a dozen times a day.
The Leviathan
(20 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 6700k @ 4.7GHz MSI Z170A Gaming M7 12GB NVIDIA Titan X (Pascal) 32GB G.Skill Ripjaws V (DDR4 3200) 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingCooling
2x 1TB Samsung 960 PRO 193TB unRAID Server 3x 140mm Noctua NF-A14 Noctua NH-D15 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 10 Pro x64 65" LG 65E6P (4K OLED) Ducky DK9008 Shine 3  Corsair AX860 
CaseMouseAudioAudio
Corsair Obsidian 750D Logitech G502 Proteus Sprectrum Denon X7200WA (Receiver) 2x Klipsch RF-7 (Front Speakers) 
AudioAudioAudioAudio
4x Klipsch RS-62 (Surround Speakers) Klipsch RC-64 (Center Speaker) 4x Klipsch CDT-5800-C II (Atmos Speakers) 2x SVS PB16-Ultra (Subwoofers) 
  hide details  
The Leviathan
(20 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 6700k @ 4.7GHz MSI Z170A Gaming M7 12GB NVIDIA Titan X (Pascal) 32GB G.Skill Ripjaws V (DDR4 3200) 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingCooling
2x 1TB Samsung 960 PRO 193TB unRAID Server 3x 140mm Noctua NF-A14 Noctua NH-D15 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 10 Pro x64 65" LG 65E6P (4K OLED) Ducky DK9008 Shine 3  Corsair AX860 
CaseMouseAudioAudio
Corsair Obsidian 750D Logitech G502 Proteus Sprectrum Denon X7200WA (Receiver) 2x Klipsch RF-7 (Front Speakers) 
AudioAudioAudioAudio
4x Klipsch RS-62 (Surround Speakers) Klipsch RC-64 (Center Speaker) 4x Klipsch CDT-5800-C II (Atmos Speakers) 2x SVS PB16-Ultra (Subwoofers) 
  hide details  
post #2426 of 3587
Quote:
Originally Posted by Murlocke View Post

The full chip would be 8-9% faster at most... "Nowhere near a full chip"?.

Semantics, the fact is people are paying 1200+$ for a Cut Down Chip, besides you think 30% advantage is not small but a third of that is? Because the 10% performance loss thanks to cut down cores would have made of this Titan X less of a joke and more worthy of its price.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Murlocke View Post

People claiming 1080 > Titan X's ~30% upgrade is small, but some of those same people complaining about 8-9%? It sucks but 8-9% is not a big deal at all.


People are complaining about price, and the fact that following previous generations this Titan X is exactly what the 1080Ti should have been.

Also after watching Jay2cents review this Titan X seems to be 22-25% faster than a GTX 1080, and even if it really ends up being 30% faster than a GTX 1080 then that 10% performance loss because of its stripped down cores in its cutdown chip would make up for a 33.33%, a third of the entire performance advantage of 30% faster than the GTX 1080, I'd say that's reason enough to complain, the fact that this is the saddest Titan ever released.
Edited by Dargonplay - 7/31/16 at 11:58am
post #2427 of 3587
Quote:
Because the 10% performance loss thanks to cut down cores
its not 10% ...

Quote:
I'd say that's reason enough to complain
complaining for the sake of complaining
The Green Beast
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 3770K @ 4500 Mhz ASRock Z77 Pro3 Gigabyte GTX 1080 G1 Gaming Crucial Ballistix 2x8GB DDR3-1600 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
SSD Crucial M550 500GB SSD Samsung 850 Evo 1TB HDD Seagate 7200rpm 3TB Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO; Xilence X5 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 10 Pro 64-bit Acer Predator XB271HU 27" IPS Gsync 1440p 165Hz CM Storm QuickFire XT Cherry Red 800W modular 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Fractal Design Define R4 Black Logitech G900 Chaos Spectrum SteelSeries QcK+ 4mm SK Gaming Realtek On-board 
  hide details  
The Green Beast
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 3770K @ 4500 Mhz ASRock Z77 Pro3 Gigabyte GTX 1080 G1 Gaming Crucial Ballistix 2x8GB DDR3-1600 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
SSD Crucial M550 500GB SSD Samsung 850 Evo 1TB HDD Seagate 7200rpm 3TB Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO; Xilence X5 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 10 Pro 64-bit Acer Predator XB271HU 27" IPS Gsync 1440p 165Hz CM Storm QuickFire XT Cherry Red 800W modular 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Fractal Design Define R4 Black Logitech G900 Chaos Spectrum SteelSeries QcK+ 4mm SK Gaming Realtek On-board 
  hide details  
post #2428 of 3587
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dargonplay View Post

Semantics, the fact is people are paying 1200+$ for a Cut Down Chip, besides you think 30% advantage is not small but a third of that is? Because the 10% performance loss thanks to cut down cores would have made of this Titan X less of a joke and more worthy of its price.
People are complaining about price, and the fact that following previous generations this Titan X is exactly what the 1080Ti should have been.

Also after watching Jay2cents review this Titan X seems to be 22-25% faster than a GTX 1080, and even if it really ends up being 30% faster than a GTX 1080 then that 10% performance loss because of its stripped down cores in its cutdown chip would make up for a 33.33%, a third of the entire performance advantage of 30% faster than the GTX 1080, I'd say that's reason enough to complain, the fact that this is the saddest Titan ever released.

See above. Why are you still posting here if you aren't interested in the card?

Stop clicking the thread just to keep throwing in your 2cent on why this card isn't worth it. Newsflash: No one is forcing you to buy this and it is not your job to tell people what they should or shouldn't spend their money on.
The Leviathan
(20 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 6700k @ 4.7GHz MSI Z170A Gaming M7 12GB NVIDIA Titan X (Pascal) 32GB G.Skill Ripjaws V (DDR4 3200) 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingCooling
2x 1TB Samsung 960 PRO 193TB unRAID Server 3x 140mm Noctua NF-A14 Noctua NH-D15 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 10 Pro x64 65" LG 65E6P (4K OLED) Ducky DK9008 Shine 3  Corsair AX860 
CaseMouseAudioAudio
Corsair Obsidian 750D Logitech G502 Proteus Sprectrum Denon X7200WA (Receiver) 2x Klipsch RF-7 (Front Speakers) 
AudioAudioAudioAudio
4x Klipsch RS-62 (Surround Speakers) Klipsch RC-64 (Center Speaker) 4x Klipsch CDT-5800-C II (Atmos Speakers) 2x SVS PB16-Ultra (Subwoofers) 
  hide details  
The Leviathan
(20 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 6700k @ 4.7GHz MSI Z170A Gaming M7 12GB NVIDIA Titan X (Pascal) 32GB G.Skill Ripjaws V (DDR4 3200) 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingCooling
2x 1TB Samsung 960 PRO 193TB unRAID Server 3x 140mm Noctua NF-A14 Noctua NH-D15 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 10 Pro x64 65" LG 65E6P (4K OLED) Ducky DK9008 Shine 3  Corsair AX860 
CaseMouseAudioAudio
Corsair Obsidian 750D Logitech G502 Proteus Sprectrum Denon X7200WA (Receiver) 2x Klipsch RF-7 (Front Speakers) 
AudioAudioAudioAudio
4x Klipsch RS-62 (Surround Speakers) Klipsch RC-64 (Center Speaker) 4x Klipsch CDT-5800-C II (Atmos Speakers) 2x SVS PB16-Ultra (Subwoofers) 
  hide details  
post #2429 of 3587
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slomo4shO View Post

It is definitely fun to see how quickly your argument changes biggrin.gif
You brought it up... Now you are being dismissive because you can't formulate a rebuttal?
Couldn't the same be argued to anyone in defense of the Titan XP? Let us just eradicate all opinion based discussions thumb.gif
The rational behind most decisions is emotional in nature. People then try to use logic to justify their stance on an emotional decision. One will often get irritated and defensive when the fallacy is exposed.

I did not bring up the purpose of a Titan. Someone asked. I answered what I feel is the purpose of the Titan lineup.

Perhaps read the thread?
Edited by Murlocke - 7/31/16 at 12:31pm
The Leviathan
(20 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 6700k @ 4.7GHz MSI Z170A Gaming M7 12GB NVIDIA Titan X (Pascal) 32GB G.Skill Ripjaws V (DDR4 3200) 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingCooling
2x 1TB Samsung 960 PRO 193TB unRAID Server 3x 140mm Noctua NF-A14 Noctua NH-D15 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 10 Pro x64 65" LG 65E6P (4K OLED) Ducky DK9008 Shine 3  Corsair AX860 
CaseMouseAudioAudio
Corsair Obsidian 750D Logitech G502 Proteus Sprectrum Denon X7200WA (Receiver) 2x Klipsch RF-7 (Front Speakers) 
AudioAudioAudioAudio
4x Klipsch RS-62 (Surround Speakers) Klipsch RC-64 (Center Speaker) 4x Klipsch CDT-5800-C II (Atmos Speakers) 2x SVS PB16-Ultra (Subwoofers) 
  hide details  
The Leviathan
(20 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 6700k @ 4.7GHz MSI Z170A Gaming M7 12GB NVIDIA Titan X (Pascal) 32GB G.Skill Ripjaws V (DDR4 3200) 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingCooling
2x 1TB Samsung 960 PRO 193TB unRAID Server 3x 140mm Noctua NF-A14 Noctua NH-D15 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 10 Pro x64 65" LG 65E6P (4K OLED) Ducky DK9008 Shine 3  Corsair AX860 
CaseMouseAudioAudio
Corsair Obsidian 750D Logitech G502 Proteus Sprectrum Denon X7200WA (Receiver) 2x Klipsch RF-7 (Front Speakers) 
AudioAudioAudioAudio
4x Klipsch RS-62 (Surround Speakers) Klipsch RC-64 (Center Speaker) 4x Klipsch CDT-5800-C II (Atmos Speakers) 2x SVS PB16-Ultra (Subwoofers) 
  hide details  
post #2430 of 3587
Quote:
Originally Posted by Murlocke View Post

See above. Why are you still posting here if you aren't interested in the card?

Stop clicking the thread just to keep throwing in your 2cent on why this card isn't worth it. Newsflash: No one is forcing you to buy this and it is not your job to tell people what they should or shouldn't spend their money on.

Do you see me telling people "Bro you ain't buying this, you aren't because I say so"?

Anyone can buy whatever they want, I'm all for them burning their money instead of wood for their living room, it's their money and only they can decide what to spend it on, that doesn't change my opinion about the card one bit, nor it changes the fact that it's a cutdown chip and a 1080Ti in disguise.

So what was your point again? If people can't handle opinions and/or facts I don't see how that concerns me.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Hardware News
This thread is locked  
Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Hardware News › [Twitter] Jen-Hsun introduces the new NVIDIA TITAN X