Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Hardware News › [Twitter] Jen-Hsun introduces the new NVIDIA TITAN X
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[Twitter] Jen-Hsun introduces the new NVIDIA TITAN X - Page 262  

post #2611 of 3587
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChevChelios View Post

bandwidth and ram are pretty much irrelevant, both cards have enough to feed themselves and not suffer VRAM shortage, past that there is no gain

it only has 40% more cores and 50% more ROPs, that does not translate into 40-50% direct performance increase at equal clocks

Bandwidth is certainly not irrelevant. At highest graphics (and probably 4k) they do scale almost linearly.
Case in point GTX 1070 and GTX 1080: https://tpucdn.com/reviews/NVIDIA/GeForce_GTX_1070/images/perfrel_3840_2160.png

Same amount of ROPs, GTX 1080 has 33% more cores, 25% more bandwidth and 3% better clocks. Those average around 20-25% more theoretical (gaming) performance which is exactly what we get.

I'd very much be surprised if we don't get 40-50% more performance per clock from Titan XP vs GTX 1080...
Edited by Steven185 - 8/1/16 at 4:54am
post #2612 of 3587
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ha-Nocri View Post

This is the new x80ti for NV and it's only $550 more than before redface.gif

Why do people keep saying this? No. It's the new Titan. It has "Titan" written right on the product itself, so you can't mis-identify it. It even has a Titan price tag.

I'm reasonably certain that a 1080 Ti will come sooner or later. It'll be based on a GP102 and specced slightly below the Titan X (3328 cores, 208 texture units & 96 render output units - best guess) and probably priced at $800. It'll have "1080 Ti" written on it, so look out for that. biggrin.gif
post #2613 of 3587
Quote:
Originally Posted by meson1 View Post

Why do people keep saying this? No. It's the new Titan. It has "Titan" written right on the product itself, so you can't mis-identify it. It even has a Titan price tag.

I'm reasonably certain that a 1080 Ti will come sooner or later. It'll be based on a GP102 and specced slightly below the Titan X (3328 cores, 208 texture units & 96 render output units - best guess) and probably priced at $800. It'll have "1080 Ti" written on it, so look out for that. biggrin.gif

They don't need to cut it. NV only needs to do it disable the deep learning and compute features.
Cutting the card would be cutting their sales, because 980Ti owners will definitely not upgrade until Volta if it happens.
Render Bender
(10 items)
 
On The Move
(11 items)
 
 
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
Intel X5690 Xeon (12 Cores @ 3.46) Nvidia GTX 1070 64GB 1333MHz ECC DDR3 Samsung 850 EVO 1TB x2 - RAID 0 
MonitorCaseAudio
Samsung UN40JU6700 40" 4K Curved Apple Mac Pro 2010 Klipsch 2.1 
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
Intel Core 2 Duo Nvidia GeForce 9400M 8GB 1067 MHz DDR3 Toshiba 500GB 
OSMonitorKeyboardCase
Mavericks 10.9 Dell U3011 Rosewill Mech Reds 2010 Unibody 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Logitech G700 Multi-Touch Kilpsch 2.1 
  hide details  
Render Bender
(10 items)
 
On The Move
(11 items)
 
 
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
Intel X5690 Xeon (12 Cores @ 3.46) Nvidia GTX 1070 64GB 1333MHz ECC DDR3 Samsung 850 EVO 1TB x2 - RAID 0 
MonitorCaseAudio
Samsung UN40JU6700 40" 4K Curved Apple Mac Pro 2010 Klipsch 2.1 
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
Intel Core 2 Duo Nvidia GeForce 9400M 8GB 1067 MHz DDR3 Toshiba 500GB 
OSMonitorKeyboardCase
Mavericks 10.9 Dell U3011 Rosewill Mech Reds 2010 Unibody 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Logitech G700 Multi-Touch Kilpsch 2.1 
  hide details  
post #2614 of 3587
I just tried 11.5GHz in Witcher 3 and the fps went from 65 to 71 from the stock 10GHz, bandwidth matters a lot ona 64 ROP/2500 sp card. I figure it will matter on a 96 ROP/ 3500sp card too.
post #2615 of 3587
Quote:
Originally Posted by Murlocke View Post

I'd rather have 12GB than 24GB and have it be ~$1400. I think every single person here would agree.

I can't think of any situation where a consumer would need 24GB of VRAM.
Considering the first day I made my account here, and my very first post, I was infracted for posting without punctuation. You are wrong.

You are EXPECTED to:
Edit your posts for spelling and grammar. Overclock.net's usability depends on this.
Use capitalization
No excessive Internet jargon
Use proper spelling, grammar and punctuation

http://www.overclock.net/a/terms-of-service

It's right there in the current TOS, it's just not enforced anymore because the site has gotten so big.

I also already explained that I felt the criticism intel got for a $1700 processor was not the same as the hate for the Titan lineup:
http://www.overclock.net/t/1606550/twitter-jen-hsun-introduces-the-new-nvidia-titan-x/2500_50#post_25397111 (Link may not work unless your using 50 posts per page).

No one really cared about Intel's $1700 processor because no one actually needed it for gaming. When I see someone posting on a gaming forum (Steam, etc) with a $1000+ processor, no one ever brings attention to it. However, If anyone claims they have a Titan, chances are he gets called out for wasting money. Amongst normal gamers, the Titan lineup has a very bad reputation much worse than any Intel lineup IMO. Does not make sense to me as a $1200 GPU makes way more sense than a $1200 processor for gamers.


Name one account that was banned for using incorrect grammar... You can't because it's against the TOS to talk about moderation. As a former staff member you should know better. Shame on you.
 
4th time
(18 items)
 
3rd time
(11 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
5820k ASrock x99 Fatal1ty professional Gigabyte 1080 ti Corsair Vengeance DDR4 CAS 15 32GB 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Samsung EVO 850 1TB SSD Corsair 110i GTX Microsoft Windows 10 Professional Acer 24 inch IPS 
MonitorMonitorMonitorKeyboard
Acer 24 inch IPS Acer 24 inch IPS Samsung 40 inch Corsair Strafe RGB MX cherry blue 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Corsair HX1000i Corsair Air 540 Corsair M65 RGB  Razer Manticor  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 2600k ASROCK Fatal1ty p67 EVGA GTX 980 SC 16380 MBMBDDR3-SDRAM (Gskill) 1600mhz 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Samsung HD103SJ x 2 Samsung 850 EVO  Corsair H100i Windows 10 Professional 
MonitorMonitorMonitorMonitor
Samsung - LN40D550 - 40" LCD TV - 1080p ACER R240HY ACER R240HY ACER R240HY 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
razer black widow Corsair TX850 Coolermaster HAF 932 CM Storm Recon 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
955 MSI 870S-G54 2 x 6850 HIS IceQ-x 8 Gigabytes Gskill 1600 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Samsung F3 1TB zalman 90mm Windows Ultimate x64 LG 47'  
MonitorPowerCase
Vizio 37' E370L  OCZ Modstream 700W Logisys CS888CL 
  hide details  
 
4th time
(18 items)
 
3rd time
(11 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
5820k ASrock x99 Fatal1ty professional Gigabyte 1080 ti Corsair Vengeance DDR4 CAS 15 32GB 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Samsung EVO 850 1TB SSD Corsair 110i GTX Microsoft Windows 10 Professional Acer 24 inch IPS 
MonitorMonitorMonitorKeyboard
Acer 24 inch IPS Acer 24 inch IPS Samsung 40 inch Corsair Strafe RGB MX cherry blue 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Corsair HX1000i Corsair Air 540 Corsair M65 RGB  Razer Manticor  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 2600k ASROCK Fatal1ty p67 EVGA GTX 980 SC 16380 MBMBDDR3-SDRAM (Gskill) 1600mhz 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Samsung HD103SJ x 2 Samsung 850 EVO  Corsair H100i Windows 10 Professional 
MonitorMonitorMonitorMonitor
Samsung - LN40D550 - 40" LCD TV - 1080p ACER R240HY ACER R240HY ACER R240HY 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
razer black widow Corsair TX850 Coolermaster HAF 932 CM Storm Recon 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
955 MSI 870S-G54 2 x 6850 HIS IceQ-x 8 Gigabytes Gskill 1600 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Samsung F3 1TB zalman 90mm Windows Ultimate x64 LG 47'  
MonitorPowerCase
Vizio 37' E370L  OCZ Modstream 700W Logisys CS888CL 
  hide details  
post #2616 of 3587
Quote:
Originally Posted by WorldExclusive View Post

They don't need to cut it. NV only needs to do it disable the deep learning and compute features.
Cutting the card would be cutting their sales, because 980Ti owners will definitely not upgrade until Volta if it happens.

I'm not sure how viable it is to disable at the feature level, such as INT8. But I'm fairly certain they wouldn't release a GP102 without cutting some cuda cores and texture units. Besides, I think they'll do it because it's a way to use up GP102 chips that don't make the grade for Titan because they don't have 3584 viable cuda cores. Instead they can make money off those that still have 3328 working cores instead of throwing them in the trash.
post #2617 of 3587
Quote:
Originally Posted by Majin SSJ Eric View Post

And yet plenty of people like me swear by SLI/CF and don't have any issues at all (besides the outlier titles that don't support multi-GPU). I am using a 60Hz monitor it must be said and since my FPS is usually above that mark I guess its hard to say how 80-90+ FPS actually feels on my setup but all I do know is that with games like Crysis 3 I can only maintain 60 FPS by using SLI and I can promise you that it feels smoother (regardless of supposed microstutter) than just using a single Titan at 35 FPS...

If you are only between the 30-60fps area in SLI then it doesnt make a huge difference and dual card is better you are right. From my own time having SLI since the 6xx series, single card is definitely a far smoother experience than SLI is. Even single 980 felt far better than 2x 980's, but that is when you are up above 60Hz/60fps all the time. I too keep both my cards in for SLI because that is the only way things are playable on this 4K monitor I have now. Really though they are two different kinds of issues. One is straight up low framerate, and that is noticeable in all situations and feels really bad. The other issue is microstutter and such, and that is not really noticeable when you are already in lower framerate situations anyway.


I am going to upgrade to a new Titan X because I do want to go back to single card, and up till now there has been no GPU that could ever do 4K 60fps+ on its own with decent graphics settings. I wish I didnt have to buy such an over priced card, and I also wish the new Titan offered a substantial performance increase over the 1080. But such is life, and this is what we get. I normally dont like upgrading for something that will only get 30-35% more fps than my current setup, but having already switched to a 4k monitor, I just need the performance too much to try and wait a whole nother generation. Extrapolating performance from Polaris, I dont see Vega as being able to offer me the performance I need either in many of the games I still play, so Titan it is frown.gif
Edited by EniGma1987 - 8/1/16 at 6:22am
Gaming
(17 items)
 
Gaming PC
(20 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
7700K AS Rock Z170 OC Formula Titan X Pascal 2050MHz 64GB DDR4-3200 14-14-14-34-1T 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
950 EVO m.2 OS drive 850 EVO 1TB games drive Intel 730 series 500GB games drive Custom water cooling 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Win 10 Pro x64 AMH A399U E-Element mechanical, black switches, Vortex b... EVGA G3 1kw 
CaseMouseAudioAudio
Lian-Li PC-V1000L Redragon M901 LH Labs Pulse X Infinity DAC Custom built balanced tube amp with SS diamond ... 
Audio
MrSpeakers Alpha Prime 
  hide details  
Gaming
(17 items)
 
Gaming PC
(20 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
7700K AS Rock Z170 OC Formula Titan X Pascal 2050MHz 64GB DDR4-3200 14-14-14-34-1T 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
950 EVO m.2 OS drive 850 EVO 1TB games drive Intel 730 series 500GB games drive Custom water cooling 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Win 10 Pro x64 AMH A399U E-Element mechanical, black switches, Vortex b... EVGA G3 1kw 
CaseMouseAudioAudio
Lian-Li PC-V1000L Redragon M901 LH Labs Pulse X Infinity DAC Custom built balanced tube amp with SS diamond ... 
Audio
MrSpeakers Alpha Prime 
  hide details  
post #2618 of 3587
If it's more than 35% faster than a 1080 (Stock to stock), call me very surprised. 40-50% better on paper rarely translates to 40-50% actual performance.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkpriest667 View Post

Name one account that was banned for using incorrect grammar... You can't because it's against the TOS to talk about moderation. As a former staff member you should know better. Shame on you.

First of all, you think someone could recall those kind of details from 12 years ago? Poor grammar would result in infractions, if enough infractions pile up that results in a ban. In most case, banned users have multiple issues going on and poor grammar would be one of multiple reasons an account would be terminated.

Second of all, even if I could tell you accounts that would be an abuse of power. The site purposely does not list members as banned for a reason.

Third of all, it's not against the TOS to talk about moderation as long as it remains civil. It's only against the TOS to make threads/posts asking why you or someone else was interacted/banned or with the sole purpose of attacking a staff member.

http://www.overclock.net/a/terms-of-service

Now let's stop this extremely OT conversation.

EDIT: Just for clarity, I am not saying the current staff isn't doing a good job. I am saying the site has gotten so active that it is basically impossible to properly moderate it without things slipping through the cracks. People trolling in threads for products they have no interest in wouldn't fly when the site only had a couple thousand members total because a mod would see each and every post made. Now we have around 3k users on at any given time.
Edited by Murlocke - 8/1/16 at 7:05am
The Leviathan
(20 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 6700k @ 4.7GHz MSI Z170A Gaming M7 12GB NVIDIA Titan X (Pascal) 32GB G.Skill Ripjaws V (DDR4 3200) 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingCooling
2x 1TB Samsung 960 PRO 193TB unRAID Server 3x 140mm Noctua NF-A14 Noctua NH-D15 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 10 Pro x64 65" LG 65E6P (4K OLED) Ducky DK9008 Shine 3  Corsair AX860 
CaseMouseAudioAudio
Corsair Obsidian 750D Logitech G502 Proteus Sprectrum Denon X7200WA (Receiver) 2x Klipsch RF-7 (Front Speakers) 
AudioAudioAudioAudio
4x Klipsch RS-62 (Surround Speakers) Klipsch RC-64 (Center Speaker) 4x Klipsch CDT-5800-C II (Atmos Speakers) 2x SVS PB16-Ultra (Subwoofers) 
  hide details  
The Leviathan
(20 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 6700k @ 4.7GHz MSI Z170A Gaming M7 12GB NVIDIA Titan X (Pascal) 32GB G.Skill Ripjaws V (DDR4 3200) 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingCooling
2x 1TB Samsung 960 PRO 193TB unRAID Server 3x 140mm Noctua NF-A14 Noctua NH-D15 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 10 Pro x64 65" LG 65E6P (4K OLED) Ducky DK9008 Shine 3  Corsair AX860 
CaseMouseAudioAudio
Corsair Obsidian 750D Logitech G502 Proteus Sprectrum Denon X7200WA (Receiver) 2x Klipsch RF-7 (Front Speakers) 
AudioAudioAudioAudio
4x Klipsch RS-62 (Surround Speakers) Klipsch RC-64 (Center Speaker) 4x Klipsch CDT-5800-C II (Atmos Speakers) 2x SVS PB16-Ultra (Subwoofers) 
  hide details  
post #2619 of 3587

So is it too much of a simplification to say that this Pascal Titan X $200 premium price is just for the O.C. from Maxwell's Titan X. I'm guessing what the Cost per FPS increase is. Cannot wait to see factual Benchmarks. Tomorrow i guess.

 

:rolleyes: "But look, It was on Sale", as my significant other would say after coming home with some expensive clothes. I cannot say a word if I know what's good for me and my expenditures. 

Of course this was based on the rumored 35% gaming FPS increase. Truly numbers can show all types of things when you bend them to your will right or wrong. It's all perception.


Edited by Ghoxt - 8/1/16 at 6:45am
post #2620 of 3587
Quote:
Originally Posted by WorldExclusive View Post

They don't need to cut it. NV only needs to do it disable the deep learning and compute features.
Cutting the card would be cutting their sales, because 980Ti owners will definitely not upgrade until Volta if it happens.


so this new Titan X it has the same capabilities as the OG TITAN TITAN BLACK & TITAN Z? or are they different?

all this compute jargon confuses me lol
Code55
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-6700k 4.8 Asus Impact VIII / EK M8i Monoblock SeaHawk EK X 1080 Ti G.Skill Ripjaw V 2 x 16GB 3733CL15 1T 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingMonitor
INTEL 750 400GB U.2 SanDisk Extreme Pro 960GB EK D5 PWM Acer X34A / XB321HK 
KeyboardPowerCaseAudio
Logitech G810 EVGA 750 G2 In-Win D-Frame Mini Meridian Explorer 
  hide details  
Code55
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-6700k 4.8 Asus Impact VIII / EK M8i Monoblock SeaHawk EK X 1080 Ti G.Skill Ripjaw V 2 x 16GB 3733CL15 1T 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingMonitor
INTEL 750 400GB U.2 SanDisk Extreme Pro 960GB EK D5 PWM Acer X34A / XB321HK 
KeyboardPowerCaseAudio
Logitech G810 EVGA 750 G2 In-Win D-Frame Mini Meridian Explorer 
  hide details  
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Hardware News
This thread is locked  
Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Hardware News › [Twitter] Jen-Hsun introduces the new NVIDIA TITAN X