Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Hardware News › [Twitter] Jen-Hsun introduces the new NVIDIA TITAN X
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[Twitter] Jen-Hsun introduces the new NVIDIA TITAN X - Page 339  

post #3381 of 3587
Quote:
Originally Posted by Testier View Post

Not really. You need HBM2 controllers and the only card right now that have that is the GP100. You are essentially forced to use a 3584 core version of the GP100 which is probably gonna give it a higher price than currently for very little performance improvement if at all.

Let's be real, and go right to the point you are really bringing up (even if you didn't notice).....

The card we have here, it should be the 1080 Ti. The Titan X(P) should be the larger die, but later down the road. Although that doesn't take away from the point that a halo card should have HBM2, because, well...because it is a halo card and it is available. You don't buy the Ferrari and then try to get Pleather, even if it performs/looks/feels the exact same as real leather. You go all the way and get the real leather, even if it might last half as long.

Halo products are just that for a reason, skimping on a halo product makes you look like an ass.

EDIT:

You wouldn't go to a Michelin Star restaurant for their pasta carbonara and be OK with them using Oscar Meyer Bacon instead of the best pancetta available.
Edited by PostalTwinkie - 8/2/16 at 2:23pm
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 5820K AsRock Extreme6 X99 Gigabyte GTX 980 Ti Windforce OC 16 GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Samsung 840 EVO 250GB - HDD Speed Edtition Samsung SM951 512 GB - I still hate Samsung!  Noctua NHD14 Windows 10 
MonitorMonitorMonitorKeyboard
Achieva Shimian QH270-Lite Overlord Computer Tempest X27OC  Acer Predator XB270HU Filco Majestouch 2 Ninja 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Seasonic X-1250 Fractal Design R5 Razer Naga Razer Goliathus Alpha 
AudioAudio
AKG K702 65th Anniversary Edition Creative Sound Blaster Zx 
  hide details  
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 5820K AsRock Extreme6 X99 Gigabyte GTX 980 Ti Windforce OC 16 GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Samsung 840 EVO 250GB - HDD Speed Edtition Samsung SM951 512 GB - I still hate Samsung!  Noctua NHD14 Windows 10 
MonitorMonitorMonitorKeyboard
Achieva Shimian QH270-Lite Overlord Computer Tempest X27OC  Acer Predator XB270HU Filco Majestouch 2 Ninja 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Seasonic X-1250 Fractal Design R5 Razer Naga Razer Goliathus Alpha 
AudioAudio
AKG K702 65th Anniversary Edition Creative Sound Blaster Zx 
  hide details  
post #3382 of 3587
LOL so after 34 pages of arguing, analysis etc, day arrives and ppl still quietly buy them regardless...
amzServer
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
2x Xeon X5680 EVGA SR-2 GTX 780 Ti 48GB ECC 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
2x120GB SSD RAID0, 120GB SSD, 2x2TB RAID1 Pioneer BDR-205 Custom WC Loop W10 x64 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Monoprice 28" 4K Logitech Dinovo Edge Corsair RM1000 Cosmos II 
Mouse
Logitech MX Master 
  hide details  
amzServer
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
2x Xeon X5680 EVGA SR-2 GTX 780 Ti 48GB ECC 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
2x120GB SSD RAID0, 120GB SSD, 2x2TB RAID1 Pioneer BDR-205 Custom WC Loop W10 x64 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Monoprice 28" 4K Logitech Dinovo Edge Corsair RM1000 Cosmos II 
Mouse
Logitech MX Master 
  hide details  
post #3383 of 3587
Quote:
Originally Posted by xTesla1856 View Post

So mad at Nvidia, there is no physical way to get the card in Switzerland, they only ship to Germany and Austria. mad.gifmad.gifmad.gif

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2050601.m570.l1313.TR0.TRC0.A0.H0.Xpascal+titan+.TRS1&_nkw=pascal+titan+x&_sacat=0
post #3384 of 3587
The people who ordered post some pics of it inside your sexy cases!
My System
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
6700K ASUS Z170-E Zotac 1070 AMP Edition  Corsair LPX 2666 16GB 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Intel 600P 500GB, OCZ Trion 150 250gb, 850 Evo ... H100i Windows 10 Asus 144hz 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Leopold 660 blue EVGA 750 B2 Thermaltake F31 Logitech G Pro 
Mouse PadAudio
Taito King Size Creative Omni 5.1 usb 
  hide details  
My System
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
6700K ASUS Z170-E Zotac 1070 AMP Edition  Corsair LPX 2666 16GB 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Intel 600P 500GB, OCZ Trion 150 250gb, 850 Evo ... H100i Windows 10 Asus 144hz 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Leopold 660 blue EVGA 750 B2 Thermaltake F31 Logitech G Pro 
Mouse PadAudio
Taito King Size Creative Omni 5.1 usb 
  hide details  
post #3385 of 3587

LOL, ebay scalpers. Man those guys are the worst. Thankfully NV had enough stock this time around to actually purchase, unlike 1080/1070 for the first couple months.
post #3386 of 3587
ordered mine at 9.10 am east time which would be 6.10 am pacific, I chose overnight 10.00 am still didn't get the shipping email yet mad.gif
Ares !!!
(8 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 5820K Asrock x99m Killer Asus Ares 3 Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (4 x 4GB) DDR4 2800MHz 
Hard DriveHard DriveMonitorCase
Sandisk SSd ultra 2 960Gb WD velociraptor 500 gb Asus 4K Case labs s5 
  hide details  
Ares !!!
(8 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 5820K Asrock x99m Killer Asus Ares 3 Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (4 x 4GB) DDR4 2800MHz 
Hard DriveHard DriveMonitorCase
Sandisk SSd ultra 2 960Gb WD velociraptor 500 gb Asus 4K Case labs s5 
  hide details  
post #3387 of 3587
Quote:
Originally Posted by sammkv View Post

The people who ordered post some pics of it inside your sexy cases!

Not until I can get a waterblock from EK. For now I'll probably stick it in a second PCI-e slot so I don't have to take my 970 out and disassemble my loop, only to temporarily put it back together, then to have to take it down to put the block on the Titan X. After that though, sure!
post #3388 of 3587
Quote:
Originally Posted by PostalTwinkie View Post

Let's be real, and go right to the point you are really bringing up (even if you didn't notice).....

The card we have here, it should be the 1080 Ti. The Titan X(P) should be the larger die, but later down the road. Although that doesn't take away from the point that a halo card should have HBM2, because, well...because it is a halo card and it is available. You don't buy the Ferrari and then try to get Pleather, even if it performs/looks/feels the exact same as real leather. You go all the way and get the real leather, even if it might last half as long.

Halo products are just that for a reason, skimping on a halo product makes you look like an ass.

EDIT:

You wouldn't go to a Michelin Star restaurant for their pasta carbonara and be OK with them using Oscar Meyer Bacon instead of the best pancetta available.

With the lack of competition, this type of things are expected. HBM2 is unlikely but I suppose it would be nice to have a 3840 CUDA core version of GP102.

I see your point though and I know what you are talking about regarding the whole 1080 TI thing. However, we may never even get a 1080 TI at this rate. Its clear from Polaris launch, we can see AMD is not ready to compete with GP102 this year at all. Whats preventing nvidia from making a 3328 core 1180 next year for 750-850?

However, it would be really nice if we can get a cut GP100 with 1:2 DP instead of a GP102. Even if that exceed 1200USD.

Edit: Also, still bacon..... I would still eat it because it will still taste amazing.
Edited by Testier - 8/2/16 at 2:30pm
Name
(7 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
CPU of some type A motherboard that works with the CPU  A PCIE Device Some type of Memory  
Hard DriveCoolingMonitor
Enough storage for my use  Some type of cooler  Display devices of some type  
  hide details  
Name
(7 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
CPU of some type A motherboard that works with the CPU  A PCIE Device Some type of Memory  
Hard DriveCoolingMonitor
Enough storage for my use  Some type of cooler  Display devices of some type  
  hide details  
post #3389 of 3587
Quote:
Originally Posted by techguymaxc View Post

Not until I can get a waterblock from EK. For now I'll probably stick it in a second PCI-e slot so I don't have to take my 970 out and disassemble my loop, only to temporarily put it back together, then to have to take it down to put the block on the Titan X. After that though, sure!

I was being super optimistic that they would release a waterblock sometime this week. 2 weeks of waiting! Damn!
Snap0rz
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7-6700K MSI Z170A GAMING M7 NVIDIA Titan X Pascal CORSAIR Vengeance LED 32GB DDR4 3400 (PC4 27200) 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
SAMSUNG 950 PRO M.2 256GB SAMSUNG 850 EVO 2.5" 1TB SAMSUNG 850 EVO 2.5" 1TB Samsung 24x SATA DVD+RW DVD-Writer Internal Opt... 
CoolingCoolingOSMonitor
EK-CoolStream XE 480 (Quad) EK-CoolStream XE 360 (Triple) Windows 10 64 Acer XB270H 
MonitorPowerCase
Acer X34 EVGA SuperNOVA 1050 GS 80+ GOLD Case Labs SMA8 
  hide details  
Snap0rz
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7-6700K MSI Z170A GAMING M7 NVIDIA Titan X Pascal CORSAIR Vengeance LED 32GB DDR4 3400 (PC4 27200) 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
SAMSUNG 950 PRO M.2 256GB SAMSUNG 850 EVO 2.5" 1TB SAMSUNG 850 EVO 2.5" 1TB Samsung 24x SATA DVD+RW DVD-Writer Internal Opt... 
CoolingCoolingOSMonitor
EK-CoolStream XE 480 (Quad) EK-CoolStream XE 360 (Triple) Windows 10 64 Acer XB270H 
MonitorPowerCase
Acer X34 EVGA SuperNOVA 1050 GS 80+ GOLD Case Labs SMA8 
  hide details  
post #3390 of 3587
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snaporz View Post

I was being super optimistic that they would release a waterblock sometime this week. 2 weeks of waiting! Damn!

An EK rep said it would be available for pre-order today but I can't find it on their site and their support is super slow so I'm not going to bother asking. I thought I saw someone say they ordered one a few pages back as well...
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Hardware News
This thread is locked  
Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Hardware News › [Twitter] Jen-Hsun introduces the new NVIDIA TITAN X