Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Hardware News › [Twitter] Jen-Hsun introduces the new NVIDIA TITAN X
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[Twitter] Jen-Hsun introduces the new NVIDIA TITAN X - Page 77  

post #761 of 3587
If it was $600 I could then afford it and yes probably buy it.
post #762 of 3587
Quote:
Originally Posted by GraveDigger7878 View Post

Come on now. Nvidia doesn't owe us anything. Why are so many people posting like it is some type of deep personal insult that the price is higher.
Like we deserve a lower price like some irrational consumer entitlement. I guess I don't understand.
Do I want a Pascal Titan: yes
Can I afford it: no
Do I flame nvidia because of it: no

Nvidia is a corporation. They are It is driven by profits, and it is not a person, although a corporation is practically defined as one.

It does them well to owe their customers something. It is different when the entitlement is between individuals, and an individual with a corporation.

How would a company keep a loyal customer base if it owed its own customers nothing?
Edited by junkman - 7/22/16 at 12:13pm
post #763 of 3587
Quote:
Originally Posted by Syan48306 View Post

You say that but in reality, you're not going to just buy a Quadro unless you need one. You either need Quadro features or you don't. No one in their right mind would spend $4000 and buy a quadro just because it's oh just "a little" more expensive than a titan. $1200 is easily still out of range of a $4000 quadro.

But the trend is headed that direction. That's the issue. Perhaps a slippery slope, but watch as they eventually nudge it to half the Quadro cost? Quadros are only so expensive to begin with because Nvidia has corporate customers that find the price reasonable. The ratio between "gaming card" and Quadro is just getting a bit too narrow for my tastes.
post #764 of 3587
Quote:
Originally Posted by junkman View Post

Nvidia is a corporation. They are It is driven by profits, and it is not a person, although a corporation is practically defined as one.

It does them well to owe their customers something. It is different when the entitlement is between individuals, and an individual with a corporation.

How would a company keep a loyal customer base if it owed its own customers nothing?
I agree, it would do them well to cater to the people who most purchase their stuff.
If they don't want to it does me no good it stomp my feet about it, or more appropriately rant and rage on OCN about it.
post #765 of 3587
Quote:
Originally Posted by Syan48306 View Post

My god. Why are there so many salty people in this thread. rolleyes.gif

It's not like all those people complaining would have picked up a Titan even if it were only $1000, comes with HBM2, and is a full fat version.

I know this post is a while back, but if the Titan XP was the full fat 3840 shader version with HBM2 at $999, it would actually be "understandable" and not a bad proposition because you'd basically be set for 2 years before even having to think about upgrading.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Klocek001 View Post

lol you mean people who use the term price gouging in relation to a GPU ? don't even pay attention to them. They need that Titan X to feed them and take care of their offspring but can't afford to because nvidia is merciless.

Maybe it's just the US, but you'd be surprised how many people have their priorities completely jumbled up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Murlocke View Post

Great, will be picking one up. Now to debate if I should buy a 6700k now or wait for the 7700k. My 3770k is still a champ in most games.

At this price range, doubting they sell off the shelves like the 1080.

People said the same about Titan X, remember how that one sold?
Quote:
Originally Posted by ikjadoon View Post

But, see... "business suicide". I think people would've said that about a $1200 consumer GPU in 2010. "Nobody would buy that." Maybe NVIDIA understands the market more than we do. That's all I'm suggesting.

And...then...would we be "upset" at McDonalds that they even dared to offer the $15 burger? Would people be saying, "Wow, see. You could get a good burger from McDonalds for $4 back in the day. Don't buy the $15 burger; you'll only encourage McDonalds!!!111oneone"

But there's no market for a $15 burger is there? Or at least, I can't see it being profitable.

I mean, $15 burgers at a fancy posh restaurant is one thing, $15 burgers at McDonalds is a whole other story.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkpriest667 View Post

Unfortunately in a monopoly (which is what we have here because AMD is no competitor) that's not exactly how it works. Price elasticity changes to almost 0 when you have a monopoly for a product.

Basically no matter how much the price changes demand will stay the same, because we HAVE NO OTHER CHOICE. In the High end market there is no other choice and you can tell by the price changes over the last 3 generations of cards. I have 3 systems in my room alone. I can AFFORD a 1080, 1070, and a Titan, but I won't dare give them a penny at this point. They're doing exactly what a monopoly does and raising prices to increase profits to the maximum potential. It is awful for a consumer.

For the love of God Samsung or IBM buy AMD already. Consumers are getting REAMED!

It seems GPUs have become Veblen goods these days. frown.gif
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcfc89 View Post

I wouldn't consider myself a fanboy. I actually own high-end gear and speak on actual real life experience. The fanboys on here are the guys with a $500 computer spouting nonsense about equipment they can't afford and have zero experience with. Although anyone who can do a "google search" over the internet is considered an expert by today's standards.

There's a difference between not being able to afford something, and not buying something because to that person the price is stupid. I really don't think there are that many OCN members who actually, literally, can't afford a $1200 GPU.
post #766 of 3587
Quote:
Originally Posted by GraveDigger7878 View Post

I agree, it would do them well to cater to the people who most purchase their stuff.
If they don't want to it does me no good it stomp my feet about it, or more appropriately rant and rage on OCN about it.

Well, I would agree with you if it was just about a person-to-person situation. But, I would think that NV has people who either read or are involved in the community, and if we complain, they will change their ways because we are their potential customers.

Its actually our duty to complain and call foul when we don't like something about a corporation, because it holds them to a higher standard.

Which, they must reach if they want to please shareholders. thumb.gif

Now, needlessly fanboying is another story...
post #767 of 3587
So what the heck is the official name of this card. "Titan X The Ultimate", "Titan X Pascal"?

There's no way there are calling it Titan X, that'd be so confusing.
The Leviathan
(20 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 6700k @ 4.7GHz MSI Z170A Gaming M7 12GB NVIDIA Titan X (Pascal) 32GB G.Skill Ripjaws V (DDR4 3200) 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingCooling
2x 1TB Samsung 960 PRO 193TB unRAID Server 3x 140mm Noctua NF-A14 Noctua NH-D15 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 10 Pro x64 65" LG 65E6P (4K OLED) Ducky DK9008 Shine 3  Corsair AX860 
CaseMouseAudioAudio
Corsair Obsidian 750D Logitech G502 Proteus Sprectrum Denon X7200WA (Receiver) 2x Klipsch RF-7 (Front Speakers) 
AudioAudioAudioAudio
4x Klipsch RS-62 (Surround Speakers) Klipsch RC-64 (Center Speaker) 4x Klipsch CDT-5800-C II (Atmos Speakers) 2x SVS PB16-Ultra (Subwoofers) 
  hide details  
The Leviathan
(20 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 6700k @ 4.7GHz MSI Z170A Gaming M7 12GB NVIDIA Titan X (Pascal) 32GB G.Skill Ripjaws V (DDR4 3200) 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingCooling
2x 1TB Samsung 960 PRO 193TB unRAID Server 3x 140mm Noctua NF-A14 Noctua NH-D15 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 10 Pro x64 65" LG 65E6P (4K OLED) Ducky DK9008 Shine 3  Corsair AX860 
CaseMouseAudioAudio
Corsair Obsidian 750D Logitech G502 Proteus Sprectrum Denon X7200WA (Receiver) 2x Klipsch RF-7 (Front Speakers) 
AudioAudioAudioAudio
4x Klipsch RS-62 (Surround Speakers) Klipsch RC-64 (Center Speaker) 4x Klipsch CDT-5800-C II (Atmos Speakers) 2x SVS PB16-Ultra (Subwoofers) 
  hide details  
post #768 of 3587
Quote:
Originally Posted by Murlocke View Post

So what the heck is the official name of this card. "Titan X The Ultimate", "Titan X Pascal"?

There's no way there are calling it Titan X, that'd be so confusing.
It looks like JHH showed a retail box just calling it Titan X at that AI thing
post #769 of 3587
Quote:
Originally Posted by Murlocke View Post

So what the heck is the official name of this card. "Titan X The Ultimate", "Titan X Pascal"?

There's no way there are calling it Titan X, that'd be so confusing.

Everything they've shown so far is simply just "Titan X."
X9969X
(7 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
6950X @ 4.5GHz (Silicon Lottery 4.4 delid) Asus Rampage V Extreme  Nvidia Titan X Pascal Corsair Dominator Platinum 16GB DDR4 @ 3200MHz 
Hard DrivePowerCase
Intel 750 1.2TB SSD Corsair AX1200i Corsair Obsidian Series 900D 
  hide details  
X9969X
(7 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
6950X @ 4.5GHz (Silicon Lottery 4.4 delid) Asus Rampage V Extreme  Nvidia Titan X Pascal Corsair Dominator Platinum 16GB DDR4 @ 3200MHz 
Hard DrivePowerCase
Intel 750 1.2TB SSD Corsair AX1200i Corsair Obsidian Series 900D 
  hide details  
post #770 of 3587
That's... crazy.

How on earth are people going to know who is talking about which card.
The Leviathan
(20 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 6700k @ 4.7GHz MSI Z170A Gaming M7 12GB NVIDIA Titan X (Pascal) 32GB G.Skill Ripjaws V (DDR4 3200) 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingCooling
2x 1TB Samsung 960 PRO 193TB unRAID Server 3x 140mm Noctua NF-A14 Noctua NH-D15 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 10 Pro x64 65" LG 65E6P (4K OLED) Ducky DK9008 Shine 3  Corsair AX860 
CaseMouseAudioAudio
Corsair Obsidian 750D Logitech G502 Proteus Sprectrum Denon X7200WA (Receiver) 2x Klipsch RF-7 (Front Speakers) 
AudioAudioAudioAudio
4x Klipsch RS-62 (Surround Speakers) Klipsch RC-64 (Center Speaker) 4x Klipsch CDT-5800-C II (Atmos Speakers) 2x SVS PB16-Ultra (Subwoofers) 
  hide details  
The Leviathan
(20 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 6700k @ 4.7GHz MSI Z170A Gaming M7 12GB NVIDIA Titan X (Pascal) 32GB G.Skill Ripjaws V (DDR4 3200) 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingCooling
2x 1TB Samsung 960 PRO 193TB unRAID Server 3x 140mm Noctua NF-A14 Noctua NH-D15 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 10 Pro x64 65" LG 65E6P (4K OLED) Ducky DK9008 Shine 3  Corsair AX860 
CaseMouseAudioAudio
Corsair Obsidian 750D Logitech G502 Proteus Sprectrum Denon X7200WA (Receiver) 2x Klipsch RF-7 (Front Speakers) 
AudioAudioAudioAudio
4x Klipsch RS-62 (Surround Speakers) Klipsch RC-64 (Center Speaker) 4x Klipsch CDT-5800-C II (Atmos Speakers) 2x SVS PB16-Ultra (Subwoofers) 
  hide details  
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Hardware News
This thread is locked  
Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Hardware News › [Twitter] Jen-Hsun introduces the new NVIDIA TITAN X