Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › NVIDIA › [Official] NVIDIA Titan X Pascal Owners Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[Official] NVIDIA Titan X Pascal Owners Thread - Page 255

post #2541 of 7600
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbze430 View Post

actually I am not a gamer, if I was I probably get a 144hz+ monitor. I play at most 15mins and turn it off.

The inherent fact is that microstutter exist because not every frame is exactly at the end of a refresh. When frame rate is peaking and dipping eventually there will be a frame that is within the refresh cycle of the monitor no matter how high refresh rate is.

Yes, at 60Hz that variance can be as high as 16.66ms, with a median of 8.4ms. But even at just 144Hz, that frame variance can only be as high as 6.94ms, with a median of 3.47ms. And that's not even taking into account GSYNC.
post #2542 of 7600
Hi everyone,

I own a titan xp and I received a new case from my friends, birthday gift. Right now I am using my Cosmos II for my rig. I found that the Titan X is throwing out lots of hot air while I am playing my games which is no problem better out then in. My friends got me an in win 805i this is a med tower case. It has two 120mm intakes on the bottom and 1 120mm exhaust on the back and I am worried about what would happen if I do use this case? So I wanted to get some advice and ask if it would be a bad idea if I switch to this case while having the Titan XP installed?? My cousin owns this case and he is using a 1080 ftw edition and it says he is getting 60-70c playing the witcher 3 on ultra at 3440x1440p resolution going 100hz. I humbly ask for advice guys thank you!
Edited by atreides - 8/17/16 at 9:08pm
post #2543 of 7600
double post srry
post #2544 of 7600
Quote:
Originally Posted by atreides View Post

Hi everyone,

I own a titan xp and I received a new case from my friends, birthday gift. Right now I am using my Cosmos II for my rig. I found that the Titan X is throwing out lots of hot air while I am playing my games which is no problem better out then in. My friends got me an in win 805i this is a med tower case. It has two 120mm intakes on the bottom and 1 120mm exhaust on the back and I am worried about what would happen if I do use this case? So I wanted to get some advice and ask if it would be a bad idea if I switch to this case while having the Titan XP installed?? My cousin owns this case and he is using a 1080 ftw edition and it says he is getting 60-70c playing the witcher 3 on ultra at 3440x1440p resolution going 100hz. I humbly ask for advice guys thank you!
Should be no problem since you have proper airflow in the new case.
post #2545 of 7600
sli 1080 or pascal XP

i can do either or but the XP requires me selling off the 1080

discuss im literally stuck trying to decide and wil be using 120hz @ 1080p

whenever x34p comes out i will go that route so what should i do?
Summer 2016 BUILD
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-5820k Asus Rampage V Extreme GTX 1080 G.Skill Ripjaws 
Hard DriveCoolingMonitorKeyboard
OCZ Vertex 460 Swiftech H240-X BwnQ XL2410T Razer Black Widow Chroma 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
EVGA 1300 G2 NZXT Switch 810 Razer Mamba Razer FireFly 
AudioAudio
Creative Titanium HD Seinheiser HD558 
  hide details  
Reply
Summer 2016 BUILD
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-5820k Asus Rampage V Extreme GTX 1080 G.Skill Ripjaws 
Hard DriveCoolingMonitorKeyboard
OCZ Vertex 460 Swiftech H240-X BwnQ XL2410T Razer Black Widow Chroma 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
EVGA 1300 G2 NZXT Switch 810 Razer Mamba Razer FireFly 
AudioAudio
Creative Titanium HD Seinheiser HD558 
  hide details  
Reply
post #2546 of 7600
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary2015 View Post

Should be no problem since you have proper airflow in the new case.

The only intake are the two bottom fans and thats all and the only exhaust is the 1 120mm on the back of the case. Does your Titan XP warm up ur case?

here is an example of the case
post #2547 of 7600
Quote:
Originally Posted by atreides View Post


The only intake are the two bottom fans and thats all and the only exhaust is the 1 120mm on the back of the case. Does your Titan XP warm up ur case?

here is an example of the case

What is your ambient temp?
post #2548 of 7600
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary2015 View Post

What is your ambient temp?

My ambient temperature in my loft room is usually 76-78 F / 25c. It is summer right now but usually I have my ac on when I'm using my pc.
post #2549 of 7600
Quote:
Originally Posted by atreides View Post

My ambient temperature in my loft room is usually 76-78 F / 25c. It is summer right now but usually I have my ac on when I'm using my pc.

That should be enough cooling for you. What RPM are your fans running at?
post #2550 of 7600
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary2015 View Post

That should be enough cooling for you. What RPM are your fans running at?

Currently I'm running all my fans at max in the cosmos ii case. I don't mind sound at all so if i use the 805i I'll be maxing out the fan speeds. When I play games I raise the Titan XP fan to 85%. Just for things to stay cool. Do you think it would be okay using that 805i!
Edited by atreides - 8/17/16 at 10:04pm
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: NVIDIA
Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › NVIDIA › [Official] NVIDIA Titan X Pascal Owners Thread