Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › NVIDIA › [Official] NVIDIA Titan X Pascal Owners Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[Official] NVIDIA Titan X Pascal Owners Thread - Page 86

post #851 of 7600
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilchronic View Post

Its right after you take a zipline on welcome to the jungle.
Or right before you get on the gas tank train car and ride it through the tunnel.


You see that cpu usage though 70-90% on all cores while gpu usage was at 89%.
With the 6600k cpu usage is pegged @ 90-100%

Ok. I have a good idea of where it is now. Let me find it. Also, what graphics settings were you using?
post #852 of 7600
Quote:
Originally Posted by ratzofftoya View Post

Yeah, I got the 5960X because I wanted 3x 980Ti and the Intel 750. But now that I have 2 Titan Xs, should I switch to Z170?

I wont bother imo.
Name
(8 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i9 7980XE MSI Carbon Pro Gaming X299 Titan X Pascal 4x16gb Gskills TridentZ 
Hard DriveCoolingMonitorMonitor
850 pro  x61 Kraken U3415w Z27q  
  hide details  
Reply
Name
(8 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i9 7980XE MSI Carbon Pro Gaming X299 Titan X Pascal 4x16gb Gskills TridentZ 
Hard DriveCoolingMonitorMonitor
850 pro  x61 Kraken U3415w Z27q  
  hide details  
Reply
post #853 of 7600
Oh man ! I just played 15min , the difference is like night and day.
Im so Happy right now !!!!!
I didnt believe the cpu problem.
Gpu load is 100% and cpu between 40 to 60%.

So i had to search for a solution in software... I think i will begin to love windows 10 smile.gif

The game runs pretty smooth solid 60 most of time. Battle is 55-59fps.
I dont have fps drop like windows 7. No severe fps drop in windows 10.

The game never gone below 50fps until now. No hairwork, no aa in 4k. Most Others setting are at maximum. I play with vsync on, but vsync off is still playable but more tearing. In 15min playing i saw maybe 3 or 4 very little stuttering, nothing important

Now im happy of my titanx, all others games run flawessly even rise ofvtomb raifer
Edited by renejr902 - 8/5/16 at 12:45am
post #854 of 7600
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilchronic View Post

Here is a spot in crysis 3 where it is really cpu demanding @ 1080p my 5820k is bottlenecking my Titan x Maxwell


With a i5 6600k @ 4.8Ghz at the same spot i get around 71fps and a 6700k should be around 85 fps. So if you have enough gpu power to drive that many frames @ 1440p 144hz a 6700k is not going to cut it. 2cents.gif

Tried to get as close to where you were standing/looking. But I think I came back to it after the destruction happened. So there's a lot more going on in terms of explosions/smoke on my screen. This is at 2560x1440. Everything completely maxed out. Except AA. There is no AA. And I guess I lied. It's below 160 fps. But it may be a GPU limitation.


Edited by HyperMatrix - 8/5/16 at 12:46am
post #855 of 7600
Quote:
Originally Posted by HyperMatrix View Post

Ok. I have a good idea of where it is now. Let me find it. Also, what graphics settings were you using?

every thing maxed out but AA is disabled.

Im purposely trying to cause a bottleneck so running a lowered resolution till my card dropped it's usage below 99%.
post #856 of 7600
Quote:
Originally Posted by HyperMatrix View Post

Tried to get as close to where you were standing/looking. But I think I came back to it after the destruction happened. So there's a lot more going on in terms of explosions/smoke on my screen. This is at 2560x1440. Everything completely maxed out. Except AA. There is no AA. And I guess I lied. It's below 160 fps. =D


try standing on that ledge you walk out on with the railing and look at that bush that is to the left of you gun in the current screen cap.
post #857 of 7600
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilchronic View Post

try staying on that ledge you walk out on with the railing and look at that bush that is to the lft of you gn in the current sceen cap.

I actually ran to this spot from a saved game. This is where I'm supposed to follow the dude to get on the train. It wont let me up on the ledge. Is that before or after where I am now, time-wise?
post #858 of 7600
Quote:
Originally Posted by HyperMatrix View Post

I actually ran to this spot from a saved game. This is where I'm supposed to follow the dude to get on the train. It wont let me up on the ledge. Is that before or after where I am now, time-wise?

Yeah it's hard to get back up on that ledge but i think i have done it before.

It's strange your getting so much fps as every time i try and look at that spot in the game it hammers my cpu?

... wait is that a 8 core cpu? mine is 5820k.
Edited by lilchronic - 8/5/16 at 12:56am
post #859 of 7600
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilchronic View Post

Yeah it's hard to get back up on that ledge but i think i have done it before.

It's strange your getting so much fps as every time i try and look at that spot in the game it hammers my cpu?

... wait is that a 8 core cpu? mine is 5820k.

Yeah. 5960x. I found the exact spot you were. And yeah it's definitely an FPS killer. The comparison testing challenge came after CallsignVega said a 4.8GHz 6700k would perform better than a 4.7GHz 5960x. So we're just testing to see if cores matter or not.

post #860 of 7600
Quote:
Originally Posted by Testier View Post




I was getting around 1.9-1.95ghz core, 11100mhz mem.
Is that right? I'm getting this with SLI 780s (not even Ti's):




I'm sure games wouldn't have good SLI scaling like the benchmarks have, but still, doesn't really warrant such an upgrade (money wise)
Edited by Captivate - 8/5/16 at 1:04am
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: NVIDIA
Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › NVIDIA › [Official] NVIDIA Titan X Pascal Owners Thread