Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › AMD/ATI › 480 vs 1060 - ashes of the singularity, why is the 1060 and 480 tying each other?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

480 vs 1060 - ashes of the singularity, why is the 1060 and 480 tying each other? - Page 17

post #161 of 230
Quote:
Originally Posted by iTurn View Post

Your fanboy is showing...

Your idiotness is showing... I've been an amd supporter for over 12yrs exclusively, the fury and its lack of performance and driver support forced my switch to nvidia.. so tell me how much of a fanboy I am...

You look to be the fanboy.. I am a consumer that wants performance for my dollar..
post #162 of 230
Quote:
Originally Posted by NightAntilli View Post

The whole argument started because multiple people have experienced that AMD has better image quality after switching from nVidia to AMD. You can google it if you wish. Because of that, I use that as the starting point for for investigation. Yes, it's up to investigation. No final conclusion has been drawn yet, even though people are already having a cow for some reason.

The counter arguments that have surfaced after people have claimed that AMD looks better are;
Those people are wrong. AMD doesn't have better image quality. Both have equal image quality.
Those people are wrong. AMD doesn't have better image quality. nVidia has superior image quality.

The first one is generally used by people trying to downgrade any advantage they have already seen that AMD has (like oxidized is obviously doing) or simply not being interested in the subject.
The second one is generally used when there is no evidence available at all and people simply want to believe nVidia is better.

Some people do genuinly believe nVidia has the better image quality based on their own experience after switching from AMD to nVidia.. But barely anyone (or maybe no one) came forth saying that nVidia has better image quality until people started saying that AMD has better image quality. That already is an indication that the switch from nVidia to AMD nets a bigger difference than vice versa. Those kinds of replies are likely people trying to defend nVidia, because if nVidia really did have better image quality, it would be all over the internet, especially with nVidia's reputation of them being the superior hardware vendor. Whenever AMD does something better, everyone tries to shut them down.

And the one that has used anything other than just text and personal experience in here is me. The others are just saying "no you're wrong" and "no my experience is different", but show no data to back it up.

If you believe I'm wrong, SHOW IT. Otherwise, stop wasting space in these threads.


I dont have to google it.. I have experienced just the opposite going from my sapphire fury to a 1070..

I did post it... did you not see the screen shot I took?
post #163 of 230
Quote:
Originally Posted by danjal View Post

zotac 1070 amd edition slight overclock on it. default ultra settings 2560x1440 75hz.

seriously man, don't even bother
post #164 of 230
Quote:
Originally Posted by danjal View Post

more excuses for amd? cmon man smile.gif

I think that entire architecture is flawed.

My semi-professional opinion is that the architecture is perfect, just that particular product is not suited for the wide range gaming market, it should have been a pro product, but AMD was waaay deep financially at the time, so they needed to market it in the way that is most probable to save their skins. And they did it smile.gif

The Fury line is brilliant in more than one way, however it is NOT for generic gaming IMO. Of course it can game, but it is so much better as a dev card.
My Rig
(14 items)
 
Ex-wife's Rig
(15 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i5 4460 AsRock H81M-DG4 Sapphire Rx470 Platinum KVR 1600 16Gb 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
2x Seagate 3Tb Samsung 850 EVO 120 Scythe Ninja 3 Rev.B Windows 10 Pro 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Fujitsu Siemens A17-2A Logitech K280e SuperFlower SF-550K12XP Thermaltake Versa H25 
MouseAudio
Logitech G402 Sony MDR XD150 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Athlon 750K 4.0Ghz AsRock FM2A75 Pro4+ Sapphire R9 270X Dual-X Kingston 2x4Gb 1600 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Samsung 850 EVO 120  Western Digital 320Gb LiteON DVD-RW CoolerMaster Hyper Z600 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 7 Pro x64 Toshiba 32" FullHD TV Logitech FSP Hexa 550 
CaseMouse
DeLUX Logitech 
  hide details  
Reply
My Rig
(14 items)
 
Ex-wife's Rig
(15 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i5 4460 AsRock H81M-DG4 Sapphire Rx470 Platinum KVR 1600 16Gb 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
2x Seagate 3Tb Samsung 850 EVO 120 Scythe Ninja 3 Rev.B Windows 10 Pro 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Fujitsu Siemens A17-2A Logitech K280e SuperFlower SF-550K12XP Thermaltake Versa H25 
MouseAudio
Logitech G402 Sony MDR XD150 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Athlon 750K 4.0Ghz AsRock FM2A75 Pro4+ Sapphire R9 270X Dual-X Kingston 2x4Gb 1600 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Samsung 850 EVO 120  Western Digital 320Gb LiteON DVD-RW CoolerMaster Hyper Z600 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 7 Pro x64 Toshiba 32" FullHD TV Logitech FSP Hexa 550 
CaseMouse
DeLUX Logitech 
  hide details  
Reply
post #165 of 230
more 1070 at 2560x1440 75hz default ultra settings


post #166 of 230
Quote:
Originally Posted by danjal View Post

more 1070 at 2560x1440 75hz default ultra settings Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)



This is how BF4 MP should look like . . .

Second Intel Rig
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
2700 4.5/ 1.28 77 1050 16 / 1866 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
1000 212 10 64 32 1080 
PowerCase
700 912 
  hide details  
Reply
Second Intel Rig
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
2700 4.5/ 1.28 77 1050 16 / 1866 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
1000 212 10 64 32 1080 
PowerCase
700 912 
  hide details  
Reply
post #167 of 230
Quote:
Originally Posted by danjal View Post

more 1070 at 2560x1440 75hz default ultra settings



Quote:
Originally Posted by rdr09 View Post

This is how BF4 MP should look like . . .


See, that's exactly what I'm talking about, pick a spot on an empty map, set to ultra, reset drivers to default, and post result, and we'll see.
My Rig
(14 items)
 
Ex-wife's Rig
(15 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i5 4460 AsRock H81M-DG4 Sapphire Rx470 Platinum KVR 1600 16Gb 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
2x Seagate 3Tb Samsung 850 EVO 120 Scythe Ninja 3 Rev.B Windows 10 Pro 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Fujitsu Siemens A17-2A Logitech K280e SuperFlower SF-550K12XP Thermaltake Versa H25 
MouseAudio
Logitech G402 Sony MDR XD150 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Athlon 750K 4.0Ghz AsRock FM2A75 Pro4+ Sapphire R9 270X Dual-X Kingston 2x4Gb 1600 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Samsung 850 EVO 120  Western Digital 320Gb LiteON DVD-RW CoolerMaster Hyper Z600 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 7 Pro x64 Toshiba 32" FullHD TV Logitech FSP Hexa 550 
CaseMouse
DeLUX Logitech 
  hide details  
Reply
My Rig
(14 items)
 
Ex-wife's Rig
(15 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i5 4460 AsRock H81M-DG4 Sapphire Rx470 Platinum KVR 1600 16Gb 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
2x Seagate 3Tb Samsung 850 EVO 120 Scythe Ninja 3 Rev.B Windows 10 Pro 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Fujitsu Siemens A17-2A Logitech K280e SuperFlower SF-550K12XP Thermaltake Versa H25 
MouseAudio
Logitech G402 Sony MDR XD150 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Athlon 750K 4.0Ghz AsRock FM2A75 Pro4+ Sapphire R9 270X Dual-X Kingston 2x4Gb 1600 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Samsung 850 EVO 120  Western Digital 320Gb LiteON DVD-RW CoolerMaster Hyper Z600 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 7 Pro x64 Toshiba 32" FullHD TV Logitech FSP Hexa 550 
CaseMouse
DeLUX Logitech 
  hide details  
Reply
post #168 of 230
and some more.


post #169 of 230
I never hear of anyone that actually plays Ashes.. Who cares how it performs?
Computer
(9 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Ryzen 5 1400 3.8Ghz Gigabyte AB350M-HD3 MSI Geforce GTX 1060 3GB Gaming X G.Skill 16GB(2x8GB) 3200Mhz DDR4 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
SSDs and HDDs Windows 10 x64 Pro Acer G7 G227HQLbi @75Hz EVGA 430w 
Case
Deepcool Frame 
  hide details  
Reply
Computer
(9 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Ryzen 5 1400 3.8Ghz Gigabyte AB350M-HD3 MSI Geforce GTX 1060 3GB Gaming X G.Skill 16GB(2x8GB) 3200Mhz DDR4 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
SSDs and HDDs Windows 10 x64 Pro Acer G7 G227HQLbi @75Hz EVGA 430w 
Case
Deepcool Frame 
  hide details  
Reply
post #170 of 230



New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: AMD/ATI
Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › AMD/ATI › 480 vs 1060 - ashes of the singularity, why is the 1060 and 480 tying each other?