Overclock.net › Forums › Cooling › Specialized Cooling › Peltiers / TEC › Peltier/TEC Hybrid Water Cooling vs 2.0
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Peltier/TEC Hybrid Water Cooling vs 2.0 - Page 12

post #111 of 439
Thx for all the tips, they are appreciated, and yes tinkering budget shrinks with family added ;-)

Regarding the screws on EKWB.
I sanded them down to match the cooper base. Then just poured thermal Grease in there :-)



Reservoir made up of sewer tube, in a spirotube(used for venting) and then PU foam inside (used to insulated Windows frames and such)

So the only difference between our systems is basically Water vs air cooling the got side. Mind you i did initially get a TT TRUE, but found that i had problems fittings two inside my case vs Water loop.

Regarding pump position in the loop, does it matter ? I thought it would reach some sort of temperature equilibrium no matter where in the loop ?

Anyway my loops are

Hot:
Res - pump - rad - rad - TEC - TEC

Cold:
Insulated res - temp probe - pump - CPU - TEC - TEC - flow meter


I know Arthur H build one just like Yours Ryan, but who else ?

/Toe
post #112 of 439
Tool

Was that a typo or did you wrote 18 CPU blocks ???

/Toey
post #113 of 439
Quote:
Originally Posted by toeCUTTER78 View Post

Thx for all the tips, they are appreciated, and yes tinkering budget shrinks with family added ;-)

Regarding the screws on EKWB.
I sanded them down to match the cooper base. Then just poured thermal Grease in there :-)



Reservoir made up of sewer tube, in a spirotube(used for venting) and then PU foam inside (used to insulated Windows frames and such)

So the only difference between our systems is basically Water vs air cooling the got side. Mind you i did initially get a TT TRUE, but found that i had problems fittings two inside my case vs Water loop.

Regarding pump position in the loop, does it matter ? I thought it would reach some sort of temperature equilibrium no matter where in the loop ?

Anyway my loops are

Hot:
Res - pump - rad - rad - TEC - TEC

Cold:
Insulated res - temp probe - pump - CPU - TEC - TEC - flow meter


I know Arthur H build one just like Yours Ryan, but who else ?

/Toe

me!! thumb.gif
post #114 of 439
Quote:
Originally Posted by toeCUTTER78 View Post

Tool

Was that a typo or did you wrote 18 CPU blocks ???

/Toey

not a type O, there are a total of 9 TEC's, and 18 CPU water blocks being used to create my water chiller. biggrin.gif lots of tinker time. thumb.gif
Edited by toolmaker03 - 4/8/17 at 1:04pm
post #115 of 439
Quote:
Originally Posted by toolmaker03 View Post

me!! thumb.gif

Ah :-)

But 18 blocks ... Oh man.
What pump are you using ?

In my build i used my old trusty Eheim garden pumps .. You can't kill em :-)
Only 600L/hour though.

I image you guys using Laing d5 or some rebranded version ?

Cheers
post #116 of 439
Quote:
Originally Posted by toolmaker03 View Post

not a type O, there are a total 9 TEC's, and 18 CPU water blocks being used to create my water chiller. biggrin.gif lots of tinker time. thumb.gif

I imagine these are smallere tecs like the 12706 ?
Whats the power usage ?

I feel bad about my 500w already, and I'm only testing :-)
post #117 of 439
Quote:
Originally Posted by toeCUTTER78 View Post

Ah :-)

But 18 blocks ... Oh man.
What pump are you using ?

In my build i used my old trusty Eheim garden pumps .. You can't kill em :-)
Only 600L/hour though.

I image you guys using Laing d5 or some rebranded version ?

Cheers

yea, it's three water loops, and 6 D5 pumps total, two pumps on each water loop. here take a look if you get the time. just brows the pictures, I take a lot of pictures, as there are a lot of pages.

http://www.overclock.net/t/1584867/tec-chill-box-chamber-build-log
post #118 of 439
Quote:
Originally Posted by toolmaker03 View Post

yea, it's three water loops, and 6 D5 pumps total, two pumps on each water loop. here take a look if you get the time. just brows the pictures, I take a lot of pictures, as there are a lot of pages.

http://www.overclock.net/t/1584867/tec-chill-box-chamber-build-log


I lack the words ... epic just doesn't seem to cut it now doesn't it ? :-)
post #119 of 439
What is the temperature development when you are running, say a Prime95 or similar torture test.
Does the water temp rise at all, and if so how much ?
I believe Ryan once wrote about a 12 degree celcius water temp, but i wonder how it develops during gaming sessions or torture tests.

Then again i- believe Ryan has a 3rd TEC for such tests ?

Do you have some numberts for this ?

Cheers Toe
post #120 of 439
Quote:
Originally Posted by toeCUTTER78 View Post

What is the temperature development when you are running, say a Prime95 or similar torture test.
Does the water temp rise at all, and if so how much ?
I believe Ryan once wrote about a 12 degree celcius water temp, but i wonder how it develops during gaming sessions or torture tests.

Then again i- believe Ryan has a 3rd TEC for such tests ?

Do you have some numberts for this ?

Cheers Toe

I don't really know yet, it is still being built. thumb.gif on the plus side I am only a few months from completion. tongue.gif this time lachen.gif I hope it works !
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Peltiers / TEC
Overclock.net › Forums › Cooling › Specialized Cooling › Peltiers / TEC › Peltier/TEC Hybrid Water Cooling vs 2.0