Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › Graphics Cards - General ›  1440p monitor+R9 Fury OR 980ti/1070
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

1440p monitor+R9 Fury OR 980ti/1070

post #1 of 28
Thread Starter 
I have a budget of about ~850 Euro to get a Gpu and a monitor. And I could get either a 1440p 144hz freesync monitor (I have the benq xl2730z in mind) and a Sapphire R9 Fury or get a 1070 or 980ti for about 450 euro but cheap out on the monitor and maybe go for 1080p monitor or a lower end 1440p one without G-sync or freesync.

Would you sacrifce some Fps and instead have a decent monitor with freesync and high refresh rate or go for more Fps but with a lesser monitor and without the freesync. Keep also the upcoming DX12 games that are coming out in mind.
post #2 of 28
what is your current video card? and what about buying an used non ref r9 290x for cheap
Edited by PontiacGTX - 7/23/16 at 3:19pm
post #3 of 28
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by PontiacGTX View Post

wat is your current video card? and what about buying an used non ref r9 290x for cheap

That's issue , Im sitting here with an ~8 year old PC with a 9500 GT. I've been waiting since june/July to build a new rig.
post #4 of 28
and the budget for the PC? or you only need monitor and videe card?
post #5 of 28
I'd say 1440p is more important than a big video card. I'd never trade my 7950+1440P/110hz monitor for a GTX 1080 + 1080p60 monitor.


So a Fury + freesync monitor seems like a no brainer to me.
Bruce
(20 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
4670k Asus Z87 Pro HIS 7950 IceQ X2 2x2gb + 2x4gb DDR3 1333 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
Seagate 1TB 7200RPM OCZ Agility 4 128GB PNY 240GB LG Blu Ray Burner 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Hyper 212+ with extra fan Windows 10 Education x64 Shimian QH270 @110hz Medieval Dell OEM Keyboard 
PowerCaseMouseAudio
Corsair TX750 V1 Antec 300 Black Illusion  Logitech G400s Xonar ST 
AudioOtherOtherOther
Fostex T50rp with BMF mod Archer T9E Wifi adapter 2x Yate Loon D12SL-12D 120x38mm fans Thermalright TY-143 fan 
  hide details  
Reply
Bruce
(20 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
4670k Asus Z87 Pro HIS 7950 IceQ X2 2x2gb + 2x4gb DDR3 1333 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
Seagate 1TB 7200RPM OCZ Agility 4 128GB PNY 240GB LG Blu Ray Burner 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Hyper 212+ with extra fan Windows 10 Education x64 Shimian QH270 @110hz Medieval Dell OEM Keyboard 
PowerCaseMouseAudio
Corsair TX750 V1 Antec 300 Black Illusion  Logitech G400s Xonar ST 
AudioOtherOtherOther
Fostex T50rp with BMF mod Archer T9E Wifi adapter 2x Yate Loon D12SL-12D 120x38mm fans Thermalright TY-143 fan 
  hide details  
Reply
post #6 of 28
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by PontiacGTX View Post

and the budget for the PC? or you only need monitor and videe card?

I already got a SSD and a Case. My plan was to get :
CPU: i5 6600k ~230 EUR
Cooler : Cooler master 212 ~40 EUR
Motherboard: Dont know which mobo yet , but the price range should be in the 80-130 range
Ram: I can always get 1 module now and another one few weeks down the line.
post #7 of 28
Also, AMD's recent cards have held up pretty well over the long run. Kepler is much less competitive with the old GCN cards these days than it was in the past.


I don't know if that'll br the case in the future, and the 980 TI is certainly a better card than the Fury now, but it's something to think about.
Bruce
(20 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
4670k Asus Z87 Pro HIS 7950 IceQ X2 2x2gb + 2x4gb DDR3 1333 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
Seagate 1TB 7200RPM OCZ Agility 4 128GB PNY 240GB LG Blu Ray Burner 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Hyper 212+ with extra fan Windows 10 Education x64 Shimian QH270 @110hz Medieval Dell OEM Keyboard 
PowerCaseMouseAudio
Corsair TX750 V1 Antec 300 Black Illusion  Logitech G400s Xonar ST 
AudioOtherOtherOther
Fostex T50rp with BMF mod Archer T9E Wifi adapter 2x Yate Loon D12SL-12D 120x38mm fans Thermalright TY-143 fan 
  hide details  
Reply
Bruce
(20 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
4670k Asus Z87 Pro HIS 7950 IceQ X2 2x2gb + 2x4gb DDR3 1333 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
Seagate 1TB 7200RPM OCZ Agility 4 128GB PNY 240GB LG Blu Ray Burner 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Hyper 212+ with extra fan Windows 10 Education x64 Shimian QH270 @110hz Medieval Dell OEM Keyboard 
PowerCaseMouseAudio
Corsair TX750 V1 Antec 300 Black Illusion  Logitech G400s Xonar ST 
AudioOtherOtherOther
Fostex T50rp with BMF mod Archer T9E Wifi adapter 2x Yate Loon D12SL-12D 120x38mm fans Thermalright TY-143 fan 
  hide details  
Reply
post #8 of 28
based on PCpartpicker DE prices
PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Core i5-6500 3.2GHz Quad-Core Processor (€207.05 @ Mindfactory)
Motherboard: ASRock Fatal1ty Z170 Gaming K4 ATX LGA1151 Motherboard (€127.84 @ Mindfactory)
Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws V Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-2800 Memory (€79.77 @ Mindfactory)
Video Card: Sapphire Radeon R9 Fury 4GB NITRO Video Card (€356.99 @ Amazon Deutschland)
Power Supply: XFX TS 750W 80+ Gold Certified ATX Power Supply (€88.20 @ Mindfactory)
Monitor: Acer XG270HU 27.0" 144Hz Monitor (€459.33 @ Amazon Deutschland)
Total: €1319.18
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2016-07-24 00:46 CEST+0200

if you want change the mobo model but the hyper 212 is an overrated CPU cooler for its performance, what case did you buy?
Edited by PontiacGTX - 7/23/16 at 3:47pm
post #9 of 28
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by brucethemoose View Post

I'd say 1440p is more important than a big video card. I'd never trade my 7950+1440P/110hz monitor for a GTX 1080 + 1080p60 monitor.


So a Fury + freesync monitor seems like a no brainer to me.

I have seen that I can still get a 1440p monitor , but it wont have either freesync nor g-sync and probably with a lower refresh rate.
Quote:
Originally Posted by brucethemoose View Post

Also, AMD's recent cards have held up pretty well over the long run. Kepler is much less competitive with the old GCN cards these days than it was in the past.


I don't know if that'll br the case in the future, and the 980 TI is certainly a better card than the Fury now, but it's something to think about.
I agree with this and this why its a difficult decision for me. While the 980ti/1070 are better than Fury and a bit pricier here , the amd do hold up pretty well and when Vega releases , I can buy that GPU while already having a 1440p freesync monitor.
post #10 of 28
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by PontiacGTX View Post

based on PCpartpicker DE prices
PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Core i5-6500 3.2GHz Quad-Core Processor (€207.05 @ Mindfactory)
Motherboard: ASRock Fatal1ty Z170 Gaming K4 ATX LGA1151 Motherboard (€127.84 @ Mindfactory)
Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws V Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-2800 Memory (€79.77 @ Mindfactory)
Video Card: Sapphire Radeon R9 Fury 4GB NITRO Video Card (€356.99 @ Amazon Deutschland)
Power Supply: XFX TS 750W 80+ Gold Certified ATX Power Supply (€88.20 @ Mindfactory)
Monitor: Acer XG270HU 27.0" 144Hz Monitor (€459.33 @ Amazon Deutschland)
Total: €1319.18
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2016-07-24 00:46 CEST+0200

if you want change the mobo model but the hyper 212 is an overrated CPU cooler for its performance, what case did you buy?

Fractal Define S

Edit: With that build , are you also suggesting to go with Fury + freesync monitor instead of the 980ti/1070 but a cheaper 1440p monitor
Edited by Barca130 - 7/23/16 at 4:26pm
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Graphics Cards - General
Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › Graphics Cards - General ›  1440p monitor+R9 Fury OR 980ti/1070