Originally Posted by akira749
Originally Posted by Syan48306
I've got a few of these EVGA 980 TI Hydro Coppers that come with the internal white LEDs. I'm thinking about swapping them out for a couple of those new Titan X that were recently announced. I've kind of grown attached to the entire white LED aesthetic. Since these cards are only sold by Nvidia, EVGA wont be releasing a Hydro Copper version, which brings me to my questions.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
- Can regular EK water blocks now be fitted with LEDs? I want to say no but my last block bought from EK was back on the 780's.
- Does EK know of any plans to manufacturer EVGA Titan hydro copper blocks? Just the blocks, for resale? The wider ports on the "hydro coppers" look much better than the narrow traditional terminals.
- If we get an august 2nd launch of the Titan, when can we expect the Titan blocks to come out?
- What's the status of those EK branded HB SLI bridges?
- Recently, the majority of our blocks comes with a pair of 3mm pre-drilled holes for the LEDs.
- We aren't the EVGA Hydro Copper manufacturer anymore
- I'm trying to know a bit more about the blocks for this new card.
- EK Sli Bridges should be available somewhere in August unless the plans change.
That's a damn shame. That really helps me with my purchasing decision. I really like my current 980Ti hydro copper - Acrylic white LED + Black Metal Shroud, but even I were to wait, there wouldn't be a 1080Ti EK Hydro Copper built the same way. I guess Titan XP with EK it is
On a different note, it doesn't look like EK intends on using the LED header to power the LEDs. It'd be nice to be able to power a couple LEDs right off of the internal LED header just like how EVGA did it.HINT: Akira, pass along the suggestion to design the blocks so that you can run a small LED off of the LED header on the actual GPU and provide the LED with the appropriate connector as an accessory Edited by Syan48306 - 7/26/16 at 5:28am