Overclock.net › Forums › Cooling › Air Cooling › Corsair ML120 fans
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Corsair ML120 fans - Page 3

post #21 of 257
Quote:
Originally Posted by SwagHype View Post

Probalby rubber corners. I'am waiting for my 2x140 Twin Pack, when i get, I'll photos.
HUH!?! Rubber corners have nothing to do with electrical specifications! buttkick.gifbiggrin.gif
post #22 of 257
Quote:
Originally Posted by SwagHype View Post

Probalby rubber corners. I'am waiting for my 2x140 Twin Pack, when i get, I'll photos.
crap if I ordered ones with no rubber corners.
post #23 of 257
Quote:
Originally Posted by doyll View Post

HUH!?! Rubber corners have nothing to do with electrical specifications! buttkick.gifbiggrin.gif

Are they saying it needs more current to overcome the vibrations caused by contact between 2 harder surfaces instead of one of them being rubber? Only thing I could remotely think of.
post #24 of 257
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmonnin View Post

Are they saying it needs more current to overcome the vibrations caused by contact between 2 harder surfaces instead of one of them being rubber? Only thing I could remotely think of.
Seems you and SwagHype may be from some alter-universe. biggrin.gif
post #25 of 257
Sorry guys, i have massive headache all day. I thought we talk about weight not intensity (A).
post #26 of 257
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stalefish View Post

I have been through sp120, Noctua, EK, be quiet, Fractal fans for about 3-4 years now and to finaly find fans that can delivere nice mmh20 @ higher rpm but at the same noise as 800 rpm fans..

Did you also have the NF-F12? Industrial or classic?
I switched from EK -> NF-F12 industrial -> NF-F12 classic and am still not 100% pleased. The fans are in push/pull on a 360 EK Predator and 800rpm is the max. rpm I am comfortable with to achieve a silent system.
So your honest opinion is that they are very quiet and perform well on a radiator? biggrin.gif
post #27 of 257
Quote:
Originally Posted by SwagHype View Post

Sorry guys, i have massive headache all day. I thought we talk about weight not intensity (A).
No problem. Was worth it to be able to give you a good kick. biggrin.gif
post #28 of 257
It's a 0.006 A rating difference, that's basically down to the safety agency employee who measured the peak current draw from the particular sample provided for testing. No other difference there.
post #29 of 257
Quote:
Originally Posted by geggeg View Post

It's a 0.006 A rating difference, that's basically down to the safety agency employee who measured the peak current draw from the particular sample provided for testing. No other difference there.

Beat me to it. This is exactly the reason why the ML basic and ML pro have 2 different rated amperage, two different people tested them on two different days ... we were just required to those on paper, otherwise, they are the exact same fan.

Also the actual power consumption is much lower because the safety agency rates startup surge current only for the labels.
post #30 of 257
Quote:
Originally Posted by geggeg View Post

It's a 0.006 A rating difference, that's basically down to the safety agency employee who measured the peak current draw from the particular sample provided for testing. No other difference there.
Maybe SwagHype was right and it is the corner rubbers. tongue.gif
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corsair Joseph View Post

Beat me to it. This is exactly the reason why the ML basic and ML pro have 2 different rated amperage, two different people tested them on two different days ... we were just required to those on paper, otherwise, they are the exact same fan.

Also the actual power consumption is much lower because the safety agency rates startup surge current only for the labels.
Thanks for that. Always good to have startup load rating. I would guess running load is much lower.
Edited by doyll - 7/26/16 at 11:27am
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Air Cooling
Overclock.net › Forums › Cooling › Air Cooling › Corsair ML120 fans