Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › NVIDIA › How many generations before a 1080 is under $300 used?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

How many generations before a 1080 is under $300 used?

post #1 of 40
Thread Starter 
I think my next upgrade is going to be a 1080. I was going to get a 295x2 but I lost all my money that I paid to some user on here because he randomly disappeared. Right now I have 2x 570, which is obviously starting to show its age, even sometimes on 1080p.

I don't buy cards new anymore, and I most certainly don't pay the massively inflated retail price when they first come out. How long would you think before 1080s can be had for under $300 used? End of next year? 2 more card generations? 3?
Name
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i5 3570k 4.6GHz 1.37v ASRock Z77 Extreme6 NITRO R9 Fury 16GB 1866 Kingston HyperX DDR3 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
2TB Seagate Hard drive 640GB Hitachi Hard Drive 480GB Crucial M500 SSD Hyper 212 EVO 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit/Zorin OS 49" 4K 240Hz Sony TV Corsair K70 RGB Rapidfire Corsair AX860i 
CaseMouse
Haf X Logitech G400s 
  hide details  
Reply
Name
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i5 3570k 4.6GHz 1.37v ASRock Z77 Extreme6 NITRO R9 Fury 16GB 1866 Kingston HyperX DDR3 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
2TB Seagate Hard drive 640GB Hitachi Hard Drive 480GB Crucial M500 SSD Hyper 212 EVO 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit/Zorin OS 49" 4K 240Hz Sony TV Corsair K70 RGB Rapidfire Corsair AX860i 
CaseMouse
Haf X Logitech G400s 
  hide details  
Reply
post #2 of 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHorse View Post

I think my next upgrade is going to be a 1080. I was going to get a 295x2 but I lost all my money that I paid to some user on here because he randomly disappeared. Right now I have 2x 570, which is obviously starting to show its age, even sometimes on 1080p.

I don't buy cards new anymore, and I most certainly don't pay the massively inflated retail price when they first come out. How long would you think before 1080s can be had for under $300 used? End of next year? 2 more card generations? 3?

And you just didn't do anything about it? What was your payment method and what did you buy? Surely if it was with a credit/debit card you can easily dispute the charge if the transaction isn't more than 120 days old..non-receipt of good/services. Depending on the amount the bank will charge it back to the person who too your money or write it off as a loss... either way if you do your due diligence you shouldn't have to deal with losing money in a protected consumer market....do your homework man... hate to see people lose money and all they have to do is a little work to get it back from good consumer protection laws..
post #3 of 40
Not long- some crackhead might sell it for even less next week- have to keep ya eye open.
post #4 of 40
Yeah, talk to your bank they will reimburse you and try to charge him back.

Who was this user anyway?
post #5 of 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dargonplay View Post

Yeah, talk to your bank they will reimburse you and try to charge him back.

Who was this user anyway?

I second this. Whois the user so we can all avoid him/her?
post #6 of 40
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cakewalk_S View Post

And you just didn't do anything about it? What was your payment method and what did you buy? Surely if it was with a credit/debit card you can easily dispute the charge if the transaction isn't more than 120 days old..non-receipt of good/services. Depending on the amount the bank will charge it back to the person who too your money or write it off as a loss... either way if you do your due diligence you shouldn't have to deal with losing money in a protected consumer market....do your homework man... hate to see people lose money and all they have to do is a little work to get it back from good consumer protection laws..

The transaction is nearly a year old at this point. User kept apologizing and promising to send it out ASAP then they just disappeared a few months ago.
Name
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i5 3570k 4.6GHz 1.37v ASRock Z77 Extreme6 NITRO R9 Fury 16GB 1866 Kingston HyperX DDR3 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
2TB Seagate Hard drive 640GB Hitachi Hard Drive 480GB Crucial M500 SSD Hyper 212 EVO 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit/Zorin OS 49" 4K 240Hz Sony TV Corsair K70 RGB Rapidfire Corsair AX860i 
CaseMouse
Haf X Logitech G400s 
  hide details  
Reply
Name
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i5 3570k 4.6GHz 1.37v ASRock Z77 Extreme6 NITRO R9 Fury 16GB 1866 Kingston HyperX DDR3 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
2TB Seagate Hard drive 640GB Hitachi Hard Drive 480GB Crucial M500 SSD Hyper 212 EVO 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit/Zorin OS 49" 4K 240Hz Sony TV Corsair K70 RGB Rapidfire Corsair AX860i 
CaseMouse
Haf X Logitech G400s 
  hide details  
Reply
post #7 of 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHorse View Post

The transaction is nearly a year old at this point. User kept apologizing and promising to send it out ASAP then they just disappeared a few months ago.

If you paid with paypal you should have filed a buyer protection claim a long time ago.
Skylake 1080 FTW
(18 items)
 
XPS 15
(7 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-6700K  ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger EVGA 1080 FTW TridentZ DDR4-3000 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Samsung SM951 128GB Samsung 840 Pro 256 GB Muskin Reactor 1TB Seagate Baracuda 2TB ST2000DM001 HDD 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Seagate Baracuda 2TB ST2000DM001 HDD Corsair H110i GT Windows 10 Pro  Acer XB321HK 32" 4K G-sync 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Corsair K70 Rapid Fire EVGA SuperNova 650 P2 NZXT H440 Black Logitech G900  
Mouse PadOther
Razer Vespula CyberPower CP1500PFCLCD - PFC Sinewave UPS Syst... 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-7700HQ 2.8Ghz(3.8Ghz Turbo) Dell XPS 15-9560 Nvidia GTX 1050 8GB DDR4-2400 
Hard DriveOSMonitor
256GB PCIE SSD Windows 10 Pro 15.6" 1080p 
  hide details  
Reply
Skylake 1080 FTW
(18 items)
 
XPS 15
(7 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-6700K  ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger EVGA 1080 FTW TridentZ DDR4-3000 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Samsung SM951 128GB Samsung 840 Pro 256 GB Muskin Reactor 1TB Seagate Baracuda 2TB ST2000DM001 HDD 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Seagate Baracuda 2TB ST2000DM001 HDD Corsair H110i GT Windows 10 Pro  Acer XB321HK 32" 4K G-sync 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Corsair K70 Rapid Fire EVGA SuperNova 650 P2 NZXT H440 Black Logitech G900  
Mouse PadOther
Razer Vespula CyberPower CP1500PFCLCD - PFC Sinewave UPS Syst... 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-7700HQ 2.8Ghz(3.8Ghz Turbo) Dell XPS 15-9560 Nvidia GTX 1050 8GB DDR4-2400 
Hard DriveOSMonitor
256GB PCIE SSD Windows 10 Pro 15.6" 1080p 
  hide details  
Reply
post #8 of 40
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by sherlock View Post

If you paid with paypal you should have filed a buyer protection claim a long time ago.

It looked like the seller was actually going to ship it out until like April this year, long after any sort of protection was gone...
Name
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i5 3570k 4.6GHz 1.37v ASRock Z77 Extreme6 NITRO R9 Fury 16GB 1866 Kingston HyperX DDR3 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
2TB Seagate Hard drive 640GB Hitachi Hard Drive 480GB Crucial M500 SSD Hyper 212 EVO 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit/Zorin OS 49" 4K 240Hz Sony TV Corsair K70 RGB Rapidfire Corsair AX860i 
CaseMouse
Haf X Logitech G400s 
  hide details  
Reply
Name
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i5 3570k 4.6GHz 1.37v ASRock Z77 Extreme6 NITRO R9 Fury 16GB 1866 Kingston HyperX DDR3 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
2TB Seagate Hard drive 640GB Hitachi Hard Drive 480GB Crucial M500 SSD Hyper 212 EVO 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit/Zorin OS 49" 4K 240Hz Sony TV Corsair K70 RGB Rapidfire Corsair AX860i 
CaseMouse
Haf X Logitech G400s 
  hide details  
Reply
post #9 of 40
By the time it drops to the price you want. Which retail wise. That price point will never happen. It will be old and obsolete with no more driver optimizations.
post #10 of 40
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by FattysGoneWild View Post

By the time it drops to the price you want. It will be old and obsolete with no more driver optimizations.

Good... then I'm not wasting money to be a beta tester of $800 hardware.
Name
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i5 3570k 4.6GHz 1.37v ASRock Z77 Extreme6 NITRO R9 Fury 16GB 1866 Kingston HyperX DDR3 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
2TB Seagate Hard drive 640GB Hitachi Hard Drive 480GB Crucial M500 SSD Hyper 212 EVO 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit/Zorin OS 49" 4K 240Hz Sony TV Corsair K70 RGB Rapidfire Corsair AX860i 
CaseMouse
Haf X Logitech G400s 
  hide details  
Reply
Name
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i5 3570k 4.6GHz 1.37v ASRock Z77 Extreme6 NITRO R9 Fury 16GB 1866 Kingston HyperX DDR3 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
2TB Seagate Hard drive 640GB Hitachi Hard Drive 480GB Crucial M500 SSD Hyper 212 EVO 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit/Zorin OS 49" 4K 240Hz Sony TV Corsair K70 RGB Rapidfire Corsair AX860i 
CaseMouse
Haf X Logitech G400s 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: NVIDIA
Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › NVIDIA › How many generations before a 1080 is under $300 used?