Overclock.net › Forums › Case Mods & Cases › Computer Cases › New Case Company - What do you want to see in a new case?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

New Case Company - What do you want to see in a new case? - Page 4

Poll Results: Which form factor first?

 
  • 37% (19)
    ATX Full
  • 25% (13)
    ATX Mid
  • 17% (9)
    m-ATX
  • 15% (8)
    ITX
  • 3% (2)
    Cube?
51 Total Votes  
post #31 of 36
That patent is ripe for a challenge then. It's like patenting how your park your car.
BUTLER P-47
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Skylake 6600K ASRock Z170M Extreme4 ASUS GeForce GTX 1070 STRIX Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4 DRAM 32... 
Hard DriveCoolingCoolingCooling
Samsung 850 EVO  Aquacomputer Aqualis D5 100 ml, G1/4 Magicool 240 G2 Slim Radiator Phobya CPU-Cooler UC-1 Extreme Intel 775,115X,1... 
CoolingCoolingOSMonitor
XSPC FLX Clear 7/16" ID 5/8" OD (15.9 / 11.1mm)... 4 x Cooler Master JetFlo 120 Windows 10 Home (x64) Acer GN246HL Bbid 24-Inch 3D Gaming Display (14... 
PowerCaseMouseAudio
Corsair CX Series, CX600M, 600 Watt (600W), Sem... Scratch Build! See my worklog (BUTLER P-47) Logitech g500s AmazonBasics AC Powered Computer Speakers (A150) 
  hide details  
Reply
BUTLER P-47
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Skylake 6600K ASRock Z170M Extreme4 ASUS GeForce GTX 1070 STRIX Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4 DRAM 32... 
Hard DriveCoolingCoolingCooling
Samsung 850 EVO  Aquacomputer Aqualis D5 100 ml, G1/4 Magicool 240 G2 Slim Radiator Phobya CPU-Cooler UC-1 Extreme Intel 775,115X,1... 
CoolingCoolingOSMonitor
XSPC FLX Clear 7/16" ID 5/8" OD (15.9 / 11.1mm)... 4 x Cooler Master JetFlo 120 Windows 10 Home (x64) Acer GN246HL Bbid 24-Inch 3D Gaming Display (14... 
PowerCaseMouseAudio
Corsair CX Series, CX600M, 600 Watt (600W), Sem... Scratch Build! See my worklog (BUTLER P-47) Logitech g500s AmazonBasics AC Powered Computer Speakers (A150) 
  hide details  
Reply
post #32 of 36
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by l187l View Post

We need a case that has filters EVERYWHERE, supports LARGE radiators, has great cable management, HDD/SSD bays behind the motherboard, mounting spots for reservoirs and pumps, and SLEEK and stylish. Nothing obnoxious or alien spacecraft like... Think FD Define R5/S or NZXT H440, or some of the in win cases. Definitely needs a PSU cover and maybe a cover that extends to cover a pump, but has slots for hoses to go in and out.

HDD/5.25" drives are a thing of the past. Just pretend they don't exist and leave the entire front of the case open like the Define S is.

Basically just study the Define S, make it slightly bigger and make it more stylish and you'll have a winner.

It is funny you say this because for the most part, that is the exact thinking I had behind the entire design and business styling. It is already planned to not have any 5.25" bays, with removable HDD rack in the basement with a designated pump mounting slot underneath as well as next to it if for some reason you want the rack and a pump. Obviously that means there will be a basement, and the front part of the case will be designed for up to a 360mm rad and a res mounting area like the Define S. It will also have the "main" drive mounting along the back side of the mobo tray and that res mounting area. The exterior will be very minimalistic since I believe that leaves as open canvas for any modding as well as a very sleek aesthetic for those that do not want to change it and don't want a fricken flying upside down watch aircraft carrier as their case. I understand your reference but imo I don't like the H440. Plastic is not my ideal situation for the exterior of the case (which is the main thing I don't like about the case). I am trying to figure out a way to either make a liquid cooling basement option for the case, or find a way to hide the holes for someone that does not want to liquid cool their build and therefore don't want random holes on their cover.

The last comment is awesome because that was the biggest influence to the design, but I am also planning more cable management space, and some interesting other changes that I think will ultimately benefit building in the case as an enthusiast as well as a retailer or system integrator (cyberpower, ibp, cybertron, etc). Thanks for the input.
post #33 of 36
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ergosum View Post

What about a 90º rotated layout like this (shameless self aggrandizement here-also I believe Silverstone has some with this mobo orientation):




Put the hard drive and cables behind the mobo, keep lots of intake area to minimize pressure drop (lots of filter surface area), plenty of room for rads.

Quote:
Originally Posted by smithydan View Post

I think the patent for the layout is owned by Silvertsone, hence why you don't see other manufacturers making it.

I can understand some of the draw for people, but tbh I think the reason that you see other companies not making it is not because of patent infringement, its because its not an optimal layout, at least imo. Now what I mean by not optimal has nothing to do with the actual layout and airflow, it has everything to do with building and having such a case layout. Any added steps for a builder that is tedious and can be avoided, only become an inconvenience - like cable passthroughs to get to the mobo io and graphics card ports. Having all those cables either go through a passthrough or come out of the top of the case becomes a nightmare for cable management around your setup and really cables are not a focal point tongue.gif I think its great for those that want it, but I don't think its a big enough market for most of the big guys to get involved in and I don't think its big enough to start a company around tbh. Will keep it in the notes though for future when the company gets off the ground. Thanks both of you.
post #34 of 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by BA Tech View Post

I am trying to figure out a way to either make a liquid cooling basement option for the case, or find a way to hide the holes for someone that does not want to liquid cool their build and therefore don't want random holes on their cover.

Just make little snap in plugs or something. It won't be as clean as nothing there, but I'm sure you can make it blend in pretty easily if done right.
post #35 of 36
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by l187l View Post

Just make little snap in plugs or something. It won't be as clean as nothing there, but I'm sure you can make it blend in pretty easily if done right.

Yeah its possible but would require rear plugs that you would plug into your mobo as an IO extension to the back. Something to consider for sure, thanks again.
post #36 of 36
FYI that patent isn't applicable anymore. Especially for non Taiwanese companies.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Computer Cases
Overclock.net › Forums › Case Mods & Cases › Computer Cases › New Case Company - What do you want to see in a new case?