Overclock.net › Forums › Case Mods & Cases › Computer Cases › Case recommendations and Case review website recommendations.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Case recommendations and Case review website recommendations.

post #1 of 10
Thread Starter 
Hey guys, I am looking at buying a new Case and just can't seem to find something I am happy with, so I was hoping for a bit of help as I'm a little too picky and can't seem to find a Case that I like wink.gif. Every time I think that I found one, there always seems to be some sort of deal breaker.

I also wanted to ask - What are the best sites to check out Case reviews of all the latest Cases? A lot of the bigger sites I go to don't seem to review many Cases. Is there any good sites that specialize in mostly Case reviews?

As for the Case itself, these are the things I was looking for :

- A mid to full tower (would prefer something medium sized) that can house E-ATX motherboards. I will be installing an ATX motherboard to start with, but want the option to house high-end X99, Z170 E-ATX sized motherboards. I think the size of those is around 12" x 10.7" inch? Is that about the average size of those high-end Motherboards?

- Has decent Air cooling and some dust filters.

- Has a minimum of 4 x 3.5" (would prefer 5 or 6) drive bays that don't have drive trays that are flimsy and break after multiple uses (they also don't have to be tool-less, just want them to be somewhat durable).

- Can install taller style heat sink Air Coolers.

- Minimum of 2 optical drive bays.

- Price around $150 - $200 USD (up to $250 AUD).

I thought it was time to start a thread as I can't seem to find anything suitable. Any recommendations anyone can give me would be great.
Ice009
(17 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel Core i7 3930K RAMPAGE IV FORMULA EVGA NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680 FTW 4GB EVGA NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680 FTW 4GB 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
G.Skill Ares 16GB 1600Mhz F3-1600C9Q-16GAO Crucial M4 128GB Samsung HD103SJ 1TB LiteOn iHAS220 
Optical DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
LG BluRay HD-DVD combo GGC-H20L Windows 7 Dell U2410 Filco Majestouch 2 (Cherry MX Blue) 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Enermax Revo 85+ 1250W CoolerMaster HAF-X Logitech G502 PureTrak Talent 
Audio
Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty Profession... 
  hide details  
Reply
Ice009
(17 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel Core i7 3930K RAMPAGE IV FORMULA EVGA NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680 FTW 4GB EVGA NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680 FTW 4GB 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
G.Skill Ares 16GB 1600Mhz F3-1600C9Q-16GAO Crucial M4 128GB Samsung HD103SJ 1TB LiteOn iHAS220 
Optical DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
LG BluRay HD-DVD combo GGC-H20L Windows 7 Dell U2410 Filco Majestouch 2 (Cherry MX Blue) 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Enermax Revo 85+ 1250W CoolerMaster HAF-X Logitech G502 PureTrak Talent 
Audio
Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty Profession... 
  hide details  
Reply
post #2 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ice009 View Post

Hey guys, I am looking at buying a new Case and just can't seem to find something I am happy with, so I was hoping for a bit of help as I'm a little too picky and can't seem to find a Case that I like wink.gif. Every time I think that I found one, there always seems to be some sort of deal breaker.

I also wanted to ask - What are the best sites to check out Case reviews of all the latest Cases? A lot of the bigger sites I go to don't seem to review many Cases. Is there any good sites that specialize in mostly Case reviews?

As for the Case itself, these are the things I was looking for :

- A mid to full tower (would prefer something medium sized) that can house E-ATX motherboards. I will be installing an ATX motherboard to start with, but want the option to house high-end X99, Z170 E-ATX sized motherboards. I think the size of those is around 12" x 10.7" inch? Is that about the average size of those high-end Motherboards?

- Has decent Air cooling and some dust filters.

- Has a minimum of 4 x 3.5" (would prefer 5 or 6) drive bays that don't have drive trays that are flimsy and break after multiple uses (they also don't have to be tool-less, just want them to be somewhat durable).

- Can install taller style heat sink Air Coolers.

- Minimum of 2 optical drive bays.

- Price around $150 - $200 USD (up to $250 AUD).

I thought it was time to start a thread as I can't seem to find anything suitable. Any recommendations anyone can give me would be great.

I'll have to see what i can find for you off your recommendations / wanted features, but youtube wise best case channel i know / watch is Hardware Canucks. they do both photo/film and case reviews aswell as other tech on the side but their case reviews are simply top notch and the best ive watched and their top 5 / top 10 and so forth videos they do from time to time are awesome and if you havent looked through their channel already i definitely recommend taking a look.
Koji
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
I7 6700k Stock For Now Asus z170 Deluxe EVGA SSC GTX 960 4GB EVGA SSC GTX 960 4GB 
RAMHard DriveCoolingOS
Crucial Ballistics 32GB 4x8GB 2666Mhz Adata SP550 480GB SSD Cryoig H5 Ultimate White Win 10 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Vizio 24" 1080p 5ms Thermaltake Challenger Ultimate RBG EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 G1 NZXT H630-W 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Razer Chroma Razer Goliathus Control Logitech 5.1 Surround / Razer Kraken 7.1 Headset 
  hide details  
Reply
Koji
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
I7 6700k Stock For Now Asus z170 Deluxe EVGA SSC GTX 960 4GB EVGA SSC GTX 960 4GB 
RAMHard DriveCoolingOS
Crucial Ballistics 32GB 4x8GB 2666Mhz Adata SP550 480GB SSD Cryoig H5 Ultimate White Win 10 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Vizio 24" 1080p 5ms Thermaltake Challenger Ultimate RBG EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 G1 NZXT H630-W 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Razer Chroma Razer Goliathus Control Logitech 5.1 Surround / Razer Kraken 7.1 Headset 
  hide details  
Reply
post #3 of 10
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by InverseTundra View Post

I'll have to see what i can find for you off your recommendations / wanted features, but youtube wise best case channel i know / watch is Hardware Canucks. they do both photo/film and case reviews aswell as other tech on the side but their case reviews are simply top notch and the best ive watched and their top 5 / top 10 and so forth videos they do from time to time are awesome and if you havent looked through their channel already i definitely recommend taking a look.

Thanks for the reply. I will take a look at Hardware Canucks. I forgot about that site. I haven't really been to it in a few years, but I do recall them having good reviews.

I just want some Cases to check out. I don't care if you guys just start spitting out names of different Cases you like. I'll take a look at them, and you never know, I might be willing to compromise a little bit on the features I wanted if I like the Case.
Ice009
(17 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel Core i7 3930K RAMPAGE IV FORMULA EVGA NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680 FTW 4GB EVGA NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680 FTW 4GB 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
G.Skill Ares 16GB 1600Mhz F3-1600C9Q-16GAO Crucial M4 128GB Samsung HD103SJ 1TB LiteOn iHAS220 
Optical DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
LG BluRay HD-DVD combo GGC-H20L Windows 7 Dell U2410 Filco Majestouch 2 (Cherry MX Blue) 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Enermax Revo 85+ 1250W CoolerMaster HAF-X Logitech G502 PureTrak Talent 
Audio
Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty Profession... 
  hide details  
Reply
Ice009
(17 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel Core i7 3930K RAMPAGE IV FORMULA EVGA NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680 FTW 4GB EVGA NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680 FTW 4GB 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
G.Skill Ares 16GB 1600Mhz F3-1600C9Q-16GAO Crucial M4 128GB Samsung HD103SJ 1TB LiteOn iHAS220 
Optical DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
LG BluRay HD-DVD combo GGC-H20L Windows 7 Dell U2410 Filco Majestouch 2 (Cherry MX Blue) 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Enermax Revo 85+ 1250W CoolerMaster HAF-X Logitech G502 PureTrak Talent 
Audio
Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty Profession... 
  hide details  
Reply
post #4 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ice009 View Post

Thanks for the reply. I will take a look at Hardware Canucks. I forgot about that site. I haven't really been to it in a few years, but I do recall them having good reviews.

I just want some Cases to check out. I don't care if you guys just start spitting out names of different Cases you like. I'll take a look at them, and you never know, I might be willing to compromise a little bit on the features I wanted if I like the Case.

Lol well i havent had time to go about searching but to throw out a case id say my current case, NZXT H630-W, i have the white window'd version but they make it in black or white and with or without a window. it has 2 tool-less 5.25 optical drive bays, 2 2.5in ssd brackets behind the motherboard and 3 modular hard drive cages that can be switched around to however you want to configure it, max can be 7 drives, the brackets can hold 3.5 or 2.5in drives, the brackets are plastic for the modular trays but they are solid from what ive seen and played with ( i only have 1 ssd right now and its behind the motherboard so i removed all the cages). has full bottom and front filters as well as top mesh filter on the edges. its a full tower case so a bit over the smallerish case you wanted but it is kinda a no compromise case and goes for 149 to 139 depending on the color. hope this helps a bit. be back later when ive the chance to go googling for ya lol.
Koji
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
I7 6700k Stock For Now Asus z170 Deluxe EVGA SSC GTX 960 4GB EVGA SSC GTX 960 4GB 
RAMHard DriveCoolingOS
Crucial Ballistics 32GB 4x8GB 2666Mhz Adata SP550 480GB SSD Cryoig H5 Ultimate White Win 10 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Vizio 24" 1080p 5ms Thermaltake Challenger Ultimate RBG EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 G1 NZXT H630-W 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Razer Chroma Razer Goliathus Control Logitech 5.1 Surround / Razer Kraken 7.1 Headset 
  hide details  
Reply
Koji
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
I7 6700k Stock For Now Asus z170 Deluxe EVGA SSC GTX 960 4GB EVGA SSC GTX 960 4GB 
RAMHard DriveCoolingOS
Crucial Ballistics 32GB 4x8GB 2666Mhz Adata SP550 480GB SSD Cryoig H5 Ultimate White Win 10 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Vizio 24" 1080p 5ms Thermaltake Challenger Ultimate RBG EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 G1 NZXT H630-W 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Razer Chroma Razer Goliathus Control Logitech 5.1 Surround / Razer Kraken 7.1 Headset 
  hide details  
Reply
post #5 of 10
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by InverseTundra View Post

Lol well i havent had time to go about searching but to throw out a case id say my current case, NZXT H630-W, i have the white window'd version but they make it in black or white and with or without a window. it has 2 tool-less 5.25 optical drive bays, 2 2.5in ssd brackets behind the motherboard and 3 modular hard drive cages that can be switched around to however you want to configure it, max can be 7 drives, the brackets can hold 3.5 or 2.5in drives, the brackets are plastic for the modular trays but they are solid from what ive seen and played with ( i only have 1 ssd right now and its behind the motherboard so i removed all the cages). has full bottom and front filters as well as top mesh filter on the edges. its a full tower case so a bit over the smallerish case you wanted but it is kinda a no compromise case and goes for 149 to 139 depending on the color. hope this helps a bit. be back later when ive the chance to go googling for ya lol.

Hi, sorry for taking so long to reply. I was away for a while. Hopefully you can still help me with recommendations.

Anyway, as for your recommendation - Your Case, along with the NZXT Switch 810 are THE cases I was referring to when talking about flimsy drive trays. I wanted to get the Switch quite a while ago, but read and saw that their 3.5 inch drive trays are super flimsy. They can pretty much snap at any time when installing a 3.5 inch drive in them, and since I want to use that PC as kind of a media PC with quite a few 3.5 inch drives installed, I want the drive trays to be as durable as possible.

Again, sorry for the late reply, but I am definitely still interested in finding a good Case.
Ice009
(17 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel Core i7 3930K RAMPAGE IV FORMULA EVGA NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680 FTW 4GB EVGA NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680 FTW 4GB 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
G.Skill Ares 16GB 1600Mhz F3-1600C9Q-16GAO Crucial M4 128GB Samsung HD103SJ 1TB LiteOn iHAS220 
Optical DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
LG BluRay HD-DVD combo GGC-H20L Windows 7 Dell U2410 Filco Majestouch 2 (Cherry MX Blue) 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Enermax Revo 85+ 1250W CoolerMaster HAF-X Logitech G502 PureTrak Talent 
Audio
Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty Profession... 
  hide details  
Reply
Ice009
(17 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel Core i7 3930K RAMPAGE IV FORMULA EVGA NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680 FTW 4GB EVGA NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680 FTW 4GB 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
G.Skill Ares 16GB 1600Mhz F3-1600C9Q-16GAO Crucial M4 128GB Samsung HD103SJ 1TB LiteOn iHAS220 
Optical DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
LG BluRay HD-DVD combo GGC-H20L Windows 7 Dell U2410 Filco Majestouch 2 (Cherry MX Blue) 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Enermax Revo 85+ 1250W CoolerMaster HAF-X Logitech G502 PureTrak Talent 
Audio
Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty Profession... 
  hide details  
Reply
post #6 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ice009 View Post

Hi, sorry for taking so long to reply. I was away for a while. Hopefully you can still help me with recommendations.

Anyway, as for your recommendation - Your Case, along with the NZXT Switch 810 are THE cases I was referring to when talking about flimsy drive trays. I wanted to get the Switch quite a while ago, but read and saw that their 3.5 inch drive trays are super flimsy. They can pretty much snap at any time when installing a 3.5 inch drive in them, and since I want to use that PC as kind of a media PC with quite a few 3.5 inch drives installed, I want the drive trays to be as durable as possible.

Again, sorry for the late reply, but I am definitely still interested in finding a good Case.

I can still try to aid, i dont have time to look this weekend as im out of town with limited internet but if solid drive trays are that super important to you and you are going to be removing them often then maybe look into metal replacements? might be a better idea then trying to find the perfect all over case?
Koji
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
I7 6700k Stock For Now Asus z170 Deluxe EVGA SSC GTX 960 4GB EVGA SSC GTX 960 4GB 
RAMHard DriveCoolingOS
Crucial Ballistics 32GB 4x8GB 2666Mhz Adata SP550 480GB SSD Cryoig H5 Ultimate White Win 10 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Vizio 24" 1080p 5ms Thermaltake Challenger Ultimate RBG EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 G1 NZXT H630-W 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Razer Chroma Razer Goliathus Control Logitech 5.1 Surround / Razer Kraken 7.1 Headset 
  hide details  
Reply
Koji
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
I7 6700k Stock For Now Asus z170 Deluxe EVGA SSC GTX 960 4GB EVGA SSC GTX 960 4GB 
RAMHard DriveCoolingOS
Crucial Ballistics 32GB 4x8GB 2666Mhz Adata SP550 480GB SSD Cryoig H5 Ultimate White Win 10 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Vizio 24" 1080p 5ms Thermaltake Challenger Ultimate RBG EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 G1 NZXT H630-W 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Razer Chroma Razer Goliathus Control Logitech 5.1 Surround / Razer Kraken 7.1 Headset 
  hide details  
Reply
post #7 of 10
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by InverseTundra View Post

I can still try to aid, i dont have time to look this weekend as im out of town with limited internet but if solid drive trays are that super important to you and you are going to be removing them often then maybe look into metal replacements? might be a better idea then trying to find the perfect all over case?

No rush man. I just want to get something within the next 4 weeks or so. It's not urgent that I get it right away.

The trays don't have to be metal, it's just that with those two Cases I mentioned, they are super flimsy. For example, I have a CoolerMaster HAF-X as my main Case, and those drive trays are plastic, but they are still pretty solid. The ones on the H630 and NZXT Switch, I read and saw on a video review that for some people they broke on first use if you're not very careful with them. That's how bad they were. As long as they are not as bad as the ones in those older NZXT Cases, then I am OK with plastic trays.

By the way, if anyone else has some Case suggestions, please throw your two cents in. I'll look at any Case, provided I have access to buy it.
Ice009
(17 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel Core i7 3930K RAMPAGE IV FORMULA EVGA NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680 FTW 4GB EVGA NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680 FTW 4GB 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
G.Skill Ares 16GB 1600Mhz F3-1600C9Q-16GAO Crucial M4 128GB Samsung HD103SJ 1TB LiteOn iHAS220 
Optical DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
LG BluRay HD-DVD combo GGC-H20L Windows 7 Dell U2410 Filco Majestouch 2 (Cherry MX Blue) 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Enermax Revo 85+ 1250W CoolerMaster HAF-X Logitech G502 PureTrak Talent 
Audio
Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty Profession... 
  hide details  
Reply
Ice009
(17 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel Core i7 3930K RAMPAGE IV FORMULA EVGA NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680 FTW 4GB EVGA NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680 FTW 4GB 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
G.Skill Ares 16GB 1600Mhz F3-1600C9Q-16GAO Crucial M4 128GB Samsung HD103SJ 1TB LiteOn iHAS220 
Optical DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
LG BluRay HD-DVD combo GGC-H20L Windows 7 Dell U2410 Filco Majestouch 2 (Cherry MX Blue) 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Enermax Revo 85+ 1250W CoolerMaster HAF-X Logitech G502 PureTrak Talent 
Audio
Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty Profession... 
  hide details  
Reply
post #8 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ice009 View Post

No rush man. I just want to get something within the next 4 weeks or so. It's not urgent that I get it right away.

The trays don't have to be metal, it's just that with those two Cases I mentioned, they are super flimsy. For example, I have a CoolerMaster HAF-X as my main Case, and those drive trays are plastic, but they are still pretty solid. The ones on the H630 and NZXT Switch, I read and saw on a video review that for some people they broke on first use if you're not very careful with them. That's how bad they were. As long as they are not as bad as the ones in those older NZXT Cases, then I am OK with plastic trays.

By the way, if anyone else has some Case suggestions, please throw your two cents in. I'll look at any Case, provided I have access to buy it.

idk, ive felt them and they feel fine for a tray, though i dont use them nor would i remove them often if i did. it would be a one and done type deal, but still, stronger replacements might be a better option persay. im finally back home from my trip so after work tomorrow i'll see what i can find.
Koji
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
I7 6700k Stock For Now Asus z170 Deluxe EVGA SSC GTX 960 4GB EVGA SSC GTX 960 4GB 
RAMHard DriveCoolingOS
Crucial Ballistics 32GB 4x8GB 2666Mhz Adata SP550 480GB SSD Cryoig H5 Ultimate White Win 10 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Vizio 24" 1080p 5ms Thermaltake Challenger Ultimate RBG EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 G1 NZXT H630-W 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Razer Chroma Razer Goliathus Control Logitech 5.1 Surround / Razer Kraken 7.1 Headset 
  hide details  
Reply
Koji
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
I7 6700k Stock For Now Asus z170 Deluxe EVGA SSC GTX 960 4GB EVGA SSC GTX 960 4GB 
RAMHard DriveCoolingOS
Crucial Ballistics 32GB 4x8GB 2666Mhz Adata SP550 480GB SSD Cryoig H5 Ultimate White Win 10 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Vizio 24" 1080p 5ms Thermaltake Challenger Ultimate RBG EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 G1 NZXT H630-W 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Razer Chroma Razer Goliathus Control Logitech 5.1 Surround / Razer Kraken 7.1 Headset 
  hide details  
Reply
post #9 of 10
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by InverseTundra View Post

idk, ive felt them and they feel fine for a tray, though i dont use them nor would i remove them often if i did. it would be a one and done type deal, but still, stronger replacements might be a better option persay. im finally back home from my trip so after work tomorrow i'll see what i can find.

Thanks. I wonder if NZXT ever did anything about them, and if they've ever been updated in the newer manufactured Cases? I doubt it. I know brands sometimes update things in the same model, but I doubt the trays would have been updated? Anyone know if they were tweaked or updated from the release versions?
Edited by Ice009 - 8/29/16 at 9:29pm
Ice009
(17 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel Core i7 3930K RAMPAGE IV FORMULA EVGA NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680 FTW 4GB EVGA NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680 FTW 4GB 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
G.Skill Ares 16GB 1600Mhz F3-1600C9Q-16GAO Crucial M4 128GB Samsung HD103SJ 1TB LiteOn iHAS220 
Optical DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
LG BluRay HD-DVD combo GGC-H20L Windows 7 Dell U2410 Filco Majestouch 2 (Cherry MX Blue) 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Enermax Revo 85+ 1250W CoolerMaster HAF-X Logitech G502 PureTrak Talent 
Audio
Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty Profession... 
  hide details  
Reply
Ice009
(17 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel Core i7 3930K RAMPAGE IV FORMULA EVGA NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680 FTW 4GB EVGA NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680 FTW 4GB 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
G.Skill Ares 16GB 1600Mhz F3-1600C9Q-16GAO Crucial M4 128GB Samsung HD103SJ 1TB LiteOn iHAS220 
Optical DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
LG BluRay HD-DVD combo GGC-H20L Windows 7 Dell U2410 Filco Majestouch 2 (Cherry MX Blue) 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Enermax Revo 85+ 1250W CoolerMaster HAF-X Logitech G502 PureTrak Talent 
Audio
Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty Profession... 
  hide details  
Reply
post #10 of 10
Ive spent the past 45 minutes looking through newegg trying different searches and all of them ended with one feature or another missing. the biggest thing simply is the drive trays. they are thin and cheap on pretty much every case. with that said considering ive already thrown my H630 out there the only thing satisfactory i found with all the options you want and then some is the Corsair Obsidian 750D. aside from it being a acrylic side panel it has all the features you wanted, the trays look exactly the same as the nzxt ones but idk. there is literally NOTHING with better drive trays in existence that has all the other features you want. Best recommendation at this point is the H630 or the 750D and if the trays bother you that much buy aftermarket metal ones. there is no other option here unless you feel like shelling out a arm and a leg for a perfect custom build CaseLabs case. i hope this helps some. i apologize if i sound angry, im partially annoyed but not at you lol. just not the best search results and im not pleased with it xD drive trays dont seem to be a high importance item for companies but i cant blame them honestly. 99% of customers who buy their products will virtually never removed their drives. just sucks i suppose lol.

Edit: maybe the Cooler Master Mastercase Pro 5 ? i think it has a front filter but im not 100% sure and i have a migraine and im in a dire need of sleep lol.

750D
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811139024

CM MCP 5
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811119306
Koji
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
I7 6700k Stock For Now Asus z170 Deluxe EVGA SSC GTX 960 4GB EVGA SSC GTX 960 4GB 
RAMHard DriveCoolingOS
Crucial Ballistics 32GB 4x8GB 2666Mhz Adata SP550 480GB SSD Cryoig H5 Ultimate White Win 10 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Vizio 24" 1080p 5ms Thermaltake Challenger Ultimate RBG EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 G1 NZXT H630-W 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Razer Chroma Razer Goliathus Control Logitech 5.1 Surround / Razer Kraken 7.1 Headset 
  hide details  
Reply
Koji
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
I7 6700k Stock For Now Asus z170 Deluxe EVGA SSC GTX 960 4GB EVGA SSC GTX 960 4GB 
RAMHard DriveCoolingOS
Crucial Ballistics 32GB 4x8GB 2666Mhz Adata SP550 480GB SSD Cryoig H5 Ultimate White Win 10 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Vizio 24" 1080p 5ms Thermaltake Challenger Ultimate RBG EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 G1 NZXT H630-W 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Razer Chroma Razer Goliathus Control Logitech 5.1 Surround / Razer Kraken 7.1 Headset 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Computer Cases
Overclock.net › Forums › Case Mods & Cases › Computer Cases › Case recommendations and Case review website recommendations.