Overclock.net › Forums › Intel › Intel - General › Not sure if this is correct way to connect 980ti. Pics included
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Not sure if this is correct way to connect 980ti. Pics included - Page 2

post #11 of 19
2 rows is for 2 headers. If you only have one header, use only one row wink.gif

Well... unless it is usb3.
Arcane
(33 items)
 
Sanctum
(9 items)
 
Fukurou
(15 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Ryzen 7 1700 MSI B350M Mortar Arctic RX Vega 64 G.Skill TridentZ  
Hard DriveHard DriveOSPower
Samsung EVO 960 Consatellation Windows 10 Pro Corsair HX 1050 
Case
Raijintek Aeneas White Window 
CPUMotherboardRAMHard Drive
Core i5-661 GA-H55-USB3 12GB DDR3 1333 WD Caviar Black AALS 640GB 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
WD Caviar Green EARS 2TB Vertex Turbo 60GB (SSD) Samsung Blu-ray, Samsung DVD Burner H50 (With push/pull nocturas) 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 10 Professional 64 LG 47inch LED LCD Saitek Eclipse Lite-touch Wireless Seasonic X750 Gold 
CaseAudio
CM690 II Passive bookshelfspeakers + amp. 
  hide details  
Reply
Arcane
(33 items)
 
Sanctum
(9 items)
 
Fukurou
(15 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Ryzen 7 1700 MSI B350M Mortar Arctic RX Vega 64 G.Skill TridentZ  
Hard DriveHard DriveOSPower
Samsung EVO 960 Consatellation Windows 10 Pro Corsair HX 1050 
Case
Raijintek Aeneas White Window 
CPUMotherboardRAMHard Drive
Core i5-661 GA-H55-USB3 12GB DDR3 1333 WD Caviar Black AALS 640GB 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
WD Caviar Green EARS 2TB Vertex Turbo 60GB (SSD) Samsung Blu-ray, Samsung DVD Burner H50 (With push/pull nocturas) 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 10 Professional 64 LG 47inch LED LCD Saitek Eclipse Lite-touch Wireless Seasonic X750 Gold 
CaseAudio
CM690 II Passive bookshelfspeakers + amp. 
  hide details  
Reply
post #12 of 19
Thread Starter 
O
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero4549 View Post

2 rows is for 2 headers. If you only have one header, use only one row wink.gif

Well... unless it is usb3.

Ok great. Lol getting nervous about starting my build up for first time. Going to hold my breath and pray everything works without "too" much trouble.
post #13 of 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by silentLightning View Post

O

Ok great. Lol getting nervous about starting my build up for first time. Going to hold my breath and pray everything works without "too" much trouble.

Just remember to actually turn the power supply on first! tongue.gif
Seriously gets me every time redface.gif
Arcane
(33 items)
 
Sanctum
(9 items)
 
Fukurou
(15 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Ryzen 7 1700 MSI B350M Mortar Arctic RX Vega 64 G.Skill TridentZ  
Hard DriveHard DriveOSPower
Samsung EVO 960 Consatellation Windows 10 Pro Corsair HX 1050 
Case
Raijintek Aeneas White Window 
CPUMotherboardRAMHard Drive
Core i5-661 GA-H55-USB3 12GB DDR3 1333 WD Caviar Black AALS 640GB 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
WD Caviar Green EARS 2TB Vertex Turbo 60GB (SSD) Samsung Blu-ray, Samsung DVD Burner H50 (With push/pull nocturas) 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 10 Professional 64 LG 47inch LED LCD Saitek Eclipse Lite-touch Wireless Seasonic X750 Gold 
CaseAudio
CM690 II Passive bookshelfspeakers + amp. 
  hide details  
Reply
Arcane
(33 items)
 
Sanctum
(9 items)
 
Fukurou
(15 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Ryzen 7 1700 MSI B350M Mortar Arctic RX Vega 64 G.Skill TridentZ  
Hard DriveHard DriveOSPower
Samsung EVO 960 Consatellation Windows 10 Pro Corsair HX 1050 
Case
Raijintek Aeneas White Window 
CPUMotherboardRAMHard Drive
Core i5-661 GA-H55-USB3 12GB DDR3 1333 WD Caviar Black AALS 640GB 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
WD Caviar Green EARS 2TB Vertex Turbo 60GB (SSD) Samsung Blu-ray, Samsung DVD Burner H50 (With push/pull nocturas) 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 10 Professional 64 LG 47inch LED LCD Saitek Eclipse Lite-touch Wireless Seasonic X750 Gold 
CaseAudio
CM690 II Passive bookshelfspeakers + amp. 
  hide details  
Reply
post #14 of 19
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero4549 View Post

Just remember to actually turn the power supply on first! tongue.gif
😆 ok
Seriously gets me every time redface.gif
post #15 of 19
Everything going well? I expect pictures damnit! tongue.gif
Arcane
(33 items)
 
Sanctum
(9 items)
 
Fukurou
(15 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Ryzen 7 1700 MSI B350M Mortar Arctic RX Vega 64 G.Skill TridentZ  
Hard DriveHard DriveOSPower
Samsung EVO 960 Consatellation Windows 10 Pro Corsair HX 1050 
Case
Raijintek Aeneas White Window 
CPUMotherboardRAMHard Drive
Core i5-661 GA-H55-USB3 12GB DDR3 1333 WD Caviar Black AALS 640GB 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
WD Caviar Green EARS 2TB Vertex Turbo 60GB (SSD) Samsung Blu-ray, Samsung DVD Burner H50 (With push/pull nocturas) 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 10 Professional 64 LG 47inch LED LCD Saitek Eclipse Lite-touch Wireless Seasonic X750 Gold 
CaseAudio
CM690 II Passive bookshelfspeakers + amp. 
  hide details  
Reply
Arcane
(33 items)
 
Sanctum
(9 items)
 
Fukurou
(15 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Ryzen 7 1700 MSI B350M Mortar Arctic RX Vega 64 G.Skill TridentZ  
Hard DriveHard DriveOSPower
Samsung EVO 960 Consatellation Windows 10 Pro Corsair HX 1050 
Case
Raijintek Aeneas White Window 
CPUMotherboardRAMHard Drive
Core i5-661 GA-H55-USB3 12GB DDR3 1333 WD Caviar Black AALS 640GB 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
WD Caviar Green EARS 2TB Vertex Turbo 60GB (SSD) Samsung Blu-ray, Samsung DVD Burner H50 (With push/pull nocturas) 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 10 Professional 64 LG 47inch LED LCD Saitek Eclipse Lite-touch Wireless Seasonic X750 Gold 
CaseAudio
CM690 II Passive bookshelfspeakers + amp. 
  hide details  
Reply
post #16 of 19
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero4549 View Post

Everything going well? I expect pictures damnit! tongue.gif
😄 ok, and so far so good, I'm wiring 4 ssd drives a hdd a fan controller an oem disc drive.
I'll post pictures with list of ppl who have helped me once I'm done. Got someone helping me so if it don't give me to much trouble on startup it will be this wk sometime probably.
post #17 of 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by silentLightning View Post




Am I doing this right?

Also on sli bridge connection I have "first pic" 2 sli bridge or in "sec pic" which is a 3 way sli bridge but can be used for 2 sli also which one should I go with?




The sec pic makes contact with both gold plated ends on the card the first one which I have installed currently in first pic makes contact with only one each card. does it matter?

You can do it like that with the split cable from the PSU but honestly the less current flowing through a wire the less resistance and heat so it would be recommended to run two separate cables, one to the 8 pin and one to the 6 pin. I am not sure if related or if it was just something I noticed but back when I used to mine bitcoin I used that same "y" 8 and 6 pin connector on my cards and the 12V would be kind of low, like 11.4v under 100% load. I switched to two cables and it was 11.88v. I am not sure if it was the repositioning or if the second cable helped keep down the heat under that load, this was with tri-cfx 7970's. I will always use a separate cable per pin-out from now on. All said the 8 and 6 pin splitter did work and it certainly was designed for that purpose, but if you are going to overclock or run a high wattage, use two to be comfy. thumb.gif

Also use the bridge with the straight connection and not the three way bridge. Three way bridges run differently and I am not sure if having a card in the middle is necessary or not despite what some may say.
Edited by chronicfx - 8/3/16 at 3:54pm
post #18 of 19
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by chronicfx View Post

You can do it like that with the split cable from the PSU but honestly the less current flowing through a wire the less resistance and heat so it would be recommended to run two separate cables, one to the 8 pin and one to the 6 pin. I am not sure if related or if it was just something I noticed but back when I used to mine bitcoin I used that same "y" 8 and 6 pin connector on my cards and the 12V would be kind of low, like 11.4v under 100% load. I switched to two cables and it was 11.88v. I am not sure if it was the repositioning or if the second cable helped keep down the heat under that load, this was with tri-cfx 7970's. I will always use a separate cable per pin-out from now on. All said the 8 and 6 pin splitter did work and it certainly was designed for that purpose, but if you are going to overclock or run a high wattage, use two to be comfy. thumb.gif

Also use the bridge with the straight connection and not the three way bridge. Three way bridges run differently and I am not sure if having a card in the middle is necessary or not despite what some may say.

Great info to me, specially about the voltage.. And the Bitcoin mining part got my interest.

and I just kinda guessed an went with the straight connection on sli bridge. Good to know for sure.
post #19 of 19
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero4549 View Post

Everything going well? I expect pictures damnit! tongue.gif

Check build logs for pictures. Just posted it.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Intel - General
Overclock.net › Forums › Intel › Intel - General › Not sure if this is correct way to connect 980ti. Pics included