Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Hardware News › [TH]Titan X Review Posted - Its a Monster!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[TH]Titan X Review Posted - Its a Monster! - Page 31

post #301 of 410
Quote:
Originally Posted by DETERMINOLOGY View Post

Nope..Just watching people laughing it up thinking the titan x is the best buy when it really isnt ...I cant wait to see peoples faces when the gtx 1080 Ti drops

Is a Ferrari a good buy? People who buy he Titan X P aren't looking for value . If you want value buy a AMD RX470 or a Prius. No need for sour grapes.
post #302 of 410
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary2015 View Post

Is a Ferrari a good buy? People who buy he Titan X P aren't looking for value . If you want value buy a AMD RX470 or a Prius. No need for sour grapes.
Is Ferrari a good buy ? It's excellent. If I could choose between a brand new 488 spider now or a new, let's say Toyota Avensis every time there's a new model (so every 3-4 years) for the rest of my life, I'd choose the Ferrari. Ferrari has timeles value.
Titan X does not. Better to buy a new GTX x70 every time a new one comes out than buy a Titan X cause big chips are "future proof". They're so future proof that in 12-18 months they'll go legacy,new gen comes out and x70 will beat them,while consuming half the power and having another +18 months of driver optimizations making the gap even bigger. I went with 1080 early cause I felt like waiting for 1080Ti is stupid this time. 1080Ti will be the last to launch if it ever comes, and nvidia might not wanna wait to hold the release of Volta cause ppl who bought 1080Ti will be sad, especially when GV104 will have HBM2 and hardware async support so the demand will be very high.
Edited by Klocek001 - 8/8/16 at 12:30am
post #303 of 410
Quote:
Originally Posted by FoamyV View Post


Those are some pretty far fetched assumptions buddy, better fact check your things. biggrin.gif


can't tell if this is a double sarcasm or not..

post #304 of 410
Quote:
Originally Posted by Klocek001 View Post

Is Ferrari a good buy ? It's excellent. If I could choose between a brand new 488 spider now or a new, let's say Toyota Avensis every time there's a new model (so every 3-4 years) for the rest of my life, I'd choose the Ferrari. Ferrari has timeles value.
Titan X does not. Better to buy a new GTX x70 every time a new one comes out than buy a Titan X cause big chips are "future proof". They're so future proof that in 12-18 months they'll go legacy,new gen comes out and x70 will beat them,while consuming half the power and having another +18 months of driver optimizations making the gap even bigger. I went with 1080 early cause I felt like waiting for 1080Ti is stupid this time. 1080Ti will be the last to launch if it ever comes, and nvidia might not wanna wait to hold the release of Volta cause ppl who bought 1080Ti will be sad, especially when GV104 will have HBM2 and hardware async support so the demand will be very high.

Whats an avensis? Ahh looked it up we don't have that one... I have a 2016 Toyota Venza, do you have that jn the UK?
Edited by chronicfx - 8/8/16 at 10:20am
post #305 of 410
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randomdude View Post

Vastly consumerist spending culture (a new iPhone every release for example is almost a given for a relatively large portion of the population) and lack of foresight for consequences of impulsive spending due to illusion of wealth. If you had an eastern european's perspective on money management and western resources, you'd see where Benny89 is coming from.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randomdude View Post

Vastly consumerist spending culture (a new iPhone every release for example is almost a given for a relatively large portion of the population) and lack of foresight for consequences of impulsive spending due to illusion of wealth. If you had an eastern european's perspective on money management and western resources, you'd see where Benny89 is coming from.

Apple is a bad example since it is an american company and I don't mind consumer spending on such things. I am unsure what you mean by an eastern european's perspective on money management though. Are you referring to cheap, the willingness to work 16 hours a day for next to nothing, or are you referring to valuing the fact that we only live once and our time should be valued?

My soon to be ex-wife is immigrant italian, her parents have a middle school education at best, her father works 80+ hours a week and makes barely enough to put food on the table. If you are saying it would be wise for me to submit my life to that kind of thinking and misery where all I do is work, have my wife make me dinner and an espresso and go back to bed... I would rather fight to say my life is worth more than this.. You only live once.,
post #306 of 410
Quote:
Originally Posted by chronicfx View Post


Apple is a bad example since it is an american company and I don't mind consumer spending on such things. I am unsure what you mean by an eastern european's perspective on money management though. Are you referring to cheap, the willingness to work 16 hours a day for next to nothing, or are you referring to valuing the fact that we only live once and our time should be valued?

My soon to be ex-wife is immigrant italian, her parents have a middle school education at best, her father works 80+ hours a week and makes barely enough to put food on the table. If you are saying it would be wise for me to submit my life to that kind of thinking and misery where all I do is work, have my wife make me dinner and an espresso and go back to bed... I would rather fight to say my life is worth more than this.. You only live once.,

Yolo! Sorry to say but I don't have any interest in continuing this exchange. offtopic.gif
Snappy
(10 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-4790K 1.428V 4900MHz GA-Z97X-Gaming G1 WIFI-BK Sapphire R9 Fury X Corsair CMD16GX3M4A2133C9 Dominator Platinum 16... 
Hard DriveCoolingPowerCase
Sandisk Extreme Pro 240GB Corsair H110i GT Seasonic Platinum SS-760XP2 Cooler Master Storm Stryker 
MouseMouse Pad
Razer Mamba 4G 2012 Edition Genesis Soft Pad 
  hide details  
Reply
Snappy
(10 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-4790K 1.428V 4900MHz GA-Z97X-Gaming G1 WIFI-BK Sapphire R9 Fury X Corsair CMD16GX3M4A2133C9 Dominator Platinum 16... 
Hard DriveCoolingPowerCase
Sandisk Extreme Pro 240GB Corsair H110i GT Seasonic Platinum SS-760XP2 Cooler Master Storm Stryker 
MouseMouse Pad
Razer Mamba 4G 2012 Edition Genesis Soft Pad 
  hide details  
Reply
post #307 of 410
Quote:
Originally Posted by DETERMINOLOGY View Post

Thats what she said about the 980Ti but it dropped.. People didnt think the titan x was going to drop and amd didnt even have a answer for the gtx 1080...Just saying


Im saying this most of yall defending the titan x like its the best buy which its overpriced and many can agree to that i do believe a cheaper but close performer gpu will drop for less and the ones defending it will wine about the super titan x they bought...Same thing happened with titan/ 980Ti but yall act like it never happened funny how history repeats its self. Nv setting it up again and you already see how fast they dropping gpus it wouldnt shock me if the 1080 Ti drops soon

Why do you even care? Why not just let people buy what they want to buy for whatever reason they may have?
post #308 of 410
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benny89 View Post

People nowadays, especially in West (USA and West EU) have too much money and that is why overpriced, cheap-designed products )


Stereotype much? So your an expert on the research and development of new GPU's. Of course your not. This whole thread all you've you have done is sad-smiley-002.gif.

Nvidia has no competition 0 in the higher end of the market, none at all. If they had competition they would have to set prices accordingly.
MyCleanPC
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 4770k ASUS MAXIMUS VI EVGA master blaster Corsair Vengence  
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
OCZ SSD raid0 samsung Win 7 Samsung 
PowerCase
Enermax rev 1050 Stacker 832 
  hide details  
Reply
MyCleanPC
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 4770k ASUS MAXIMUS VI EVGA master blaster Corsair Vengence  
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
OCZ SSD raid0 samsung Win 7 Samsung 
PowerCase
Enermax rev 1050 Stacker 832 
  hide details  
Reply
post #309 of 410

Criticism of a card won't remove it from anybody's shopping cart. :p Titan owners and prospective Titan owners who don't care about price should refer to the Owner's thread. The general public is fascinated by the performance and the price and don't take either in a vacuum, hence the tone of the news threads. 

     
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Ryzen 7 1700X @ 4.0 GHz 1.37v o/s  Biostar X370 GT7 Sapphire Radeon RX Vega 64 8GB HBM2 G.SKILL TridentZ RGB Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) @ 32... 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Biostar M200-240 240GB m.2 SATA SSD (Win) Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD (Linux) SanDisk Ultra II 480GB SSD (Games) Seagate 2TB SSHD (Storage) 
Optical DriveCoolingCoolingCooling
LG DVD RW Swiftech H220-X2 Swiftech Komodo RX-ECO Vega Water Block XSPC EX240 Rad 
CoolingOSOSMonitor
Gentle Typhoon 120mm x4 Ubuntu 17.10 w/ custom kernel Windows 10 Pro Pixio PX277 27" 1440p 144Hz DP-Adaptive Sync w... 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
JAR-OWL J1 Rainbow LED Mechanical SeaSonic X-Series 1050w Gold+ Corsair 760T Zowie FK1 
Mouse PadAudioAudioAudio
Razer Firefly Plantronics Rig 500e Gaming Headset Marantz Pro MPH-1 Monitoring Headphones S.M.S.L SD-793II Audio DAC + Headphone Amplifier 
Other
Xbox One Controller 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7-4790k @ 4.6GHz Asrock Z97 Extreme6 EVGA GTX 1070 SC Corsair Vengeance 16GB (2x8GB) @ 2133 10-10-10-... 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Intel 530 Series 480GB SSD Seagate 2TB SSHD LG DVD RW Cooler Master Hyper 212 Plus 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 10 40" Vizio HDTV HP Generic EVGA SuperNOVA NEX 650w 
CaseMouseAudio
Corsair Carbide 300R Logitech Generic HyperX Cloud 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD FX-6300 @ 4.3GHz 1.35v Biostar TA970 v5.3 MSI HD 6950 2GB G.Skill Ripjaws Z 16GB (4x4GB) 1600 
CoolingCoolingCoolingOS
Cryorig H5 Ultimate Corsair AF120 (White LED) x3 Corsair AF140 (White LED) x2 Windows 10 Pro 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Dell S2440L Microsoft Ergonomic 4000 EVGA B2 850w Corsair 300R 
Mouse
SteelSeries Rival 300 
  hide details  
Reply
     
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Ryzen 7 1700X @ 4.0 GHz 1.37v o/s  Biostar X370 GT7 Sapphire Radeon RX Vega 64 8GB HBM2 G.SKILL TridentZ RGB Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) @ 32... 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Biostar M200-240 240GB m.2 SATA SSD (Win) Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD (Linux) SanDisk Ultra II 480GB SSD (Games) Seagate 2TB SSHD (Storage) 
Optical DriveCoolingCoolingCooling
LG DVD RW Swiftech H220-X2 Swiftech Komodo RX-ECO Vega Water Block XSPC EX240 Rad 
CoolingOSOSMonitor
Gentle Typhoon 120mm x4 Ubuntu 17.10 w/ custom kernel Windows 10 Pro Pixio PX277 27" 1440p 144Hz DP-Adaptive Sync w... 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
JAR-OWL J1 Rainbow LED Mechanical SeaSonic X-Series 1050w Gold+ Corsair 760T Zowie FK1 
Mouse PadAudioAudioAudio
Razer Firefly Plantronics Rig 500e Gaming Headset Marantz Pro MPH-1 Monitoring Headphones S.M.S.L SD-793II Audio DAC + Headphone Amplifier 
Other
Xbox One Controller 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7-4790k @ 4.6GHz Asrock Z97 Extreme6 EVGA GTX 1070 SC Corsair Vengeance 16GB (2x8GB) @ 2133 10-10-10-... 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Intel 530 Series 480GB SSD Seagate 2TB SSHD LG DVD RW Cooler Master Hyper 212 Plus 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 10 40" Vizio HDTV HP Generic EVGA SuperNOVA NEX 650w 
CaseMouseAudio
Corsair Carbide 300R Logitech Generic HyperX Cloud 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD FX-6300 @ 4.3GHz 1.35v Biostar TA970 v5.3 MSI HD 6950 2GB G.Skill Ripjaws Z 16GB (4x4GB) 1600 
CoolingCoolingCoolingOS
Cryorig H5 Ultimate Corsair AF120 (White LED) x3 Corsair AF140 (White LED) x2 Windows 10 Pro 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Dell S2440L Microsoft Ergonomic 4000 EVGA B2 850w Corsair 300R 
Mouse
SteelSeries Rival 300 
  hide details  
Reply
post #310 of 410
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperZan View Post

Criticism of a card won't remove it from anybody's shopping cart. tongue.gif  Titan owners and prospective Titan owners who don't care about price should refer to the Owner's thread. The general public is fascinated by the performance and the price and don't take either in a vacuum, hence the tone of the news threads. 

The hope is all Titan end up like Titan Z. That's the dream.
Ishimura
(21 items)
 
Silent Knight
(13 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 3770K @ 4.6GHz ASRock Z77E-ITX eVGA GTX 1080 Ti Hybrid AVEXIR Blitz 1.1 16GB DDR3-2400MHz CL10 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingCooling
SanDisk Ultra II 960GB Toshiba X300 5TB Corsair H100i GTX eVGA Hybrid Water Cooler  
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
4x GentleTyphoon AP-15 Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit Philips Brilliance BDM4065UC 4K Razer BlackWidow Chroma  
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
eVGA SuperNOVA 750 G3 Define Nano S Logitech G502 Proteus Core PECHAM Gaming Mouse Pad XX-Large 
AudioAudioAudioAudio
Audioengine D1 DAC Mackie CR Series CR3 Audio-Technica ATH-M50 Sennheiser HD 598 
Audio
Sony XB950BT 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Phenom II X4 955 @ 4.2GHz ASUS M4A79XTD EVO AMD Radeon HD 7970 3GB @ 1200/1500 2x 4GB G.SKILL Ripjaws X DDR3-1600 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
OCZ Agility 3 60GB WD Caviar Green 1.5TB 2 x Seagate Barracuda 2TB XSPC Raystorm 
CoolingCoolingOSPower
EK-FC7970 XSPC RS360 Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit Corsair TX750 
Case
NZXT Switch 810  
  hide details  
Reply
Ishimura
(21 items)
 
Silent Knight
(13 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 3770K @ 4.6GHz ASRock Z77E-ITX eVGA GTX 1080 Ti Hybrid AVEXIR Blitz 1.1 16GB DDR3-2400MHz CL10 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingCooling
SanDisk Ultra II 960GB Toshiba X300 5TB Corsair H100i GTX eVGA Hybrid Water Cooler  
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
4x GentleTyphoon AP-15 Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit Philips Brilliance BDM4065UC 4K Razer BlackWidow Chroma  
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
eVGA SuperNOVA 750 G3 Define Nano S Logitech G502 Proteus Core PECHAM Gaming Mouse Pad XX-Large 
AudioAudioAudioAudio
Audioengine D1 DAC Mackie CR Series CR3 Audio-Technica ATH-M50 Sennheiser HD 598 
Audio
Sony XB950BT 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Phenom II X4 955 @ 4.2GHz ASUS M4A79XTD EVO AMD Radeon HD 7970 3GB @ 1200/1500 2x 4GB G.SKILL Ripjaws X DDR3-1600 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
OCZ Agility 3 60GB WD Caviar Green 1.5TB 2 x Seagate Barracuda 2TB XSPC Raystorm 
CoolingCoolingOSPower
EK-FC7970 XSPC RS360 Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit Corsair TX750 
Case
NZXT Switch 810  
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Hardware News
Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Hardware News › [TH]Titan X Review Posted - Its a Monster!