Overclock.net › Forums › Cooling › Water Cooling › noob water cooler here in need of some help
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

noob water cooler here in need of some help

post #1 of 7
Thread Starter 
im in the process of putting together the parts for my first EVER water cooling loop and i need some advice/ ideas on how i can make this cheaper
currently i have

coolant-http://tiny.cc/Primochill-bloodred
res/pump-http://tiny.cc/XSPC-D5-pump-res-combo
Rad-http://tiny.cc/XSPC-280mm
Tubing- http://tiny.cc/primoflex-clear-tubing
case NZXT S340
total cost as of now= 279$

i still need to get a waterblock and some compression fittings for my tubing..i dont want to use any of those pre-set kits from ek/xspc ETC i wanna pick the parts and what not
i want to keep the total cost under 300 but once i buy a water block and the fittings ittl be way over 350 more then likly..so any ideas on what i can do to make this cheaper?

im looking at these for my fittings http://tinyurl.com/bitspower-Compression-Fitting
and this for the water block i still needhttp://tiny.cc/XSPC-Raystorm-waterblock

For the record im set on the compression fitting(dont necessarily have to be bitspower) and the primochill coolant(unless u no of a better coolant thats the same or a close color)

by my calculations the total cost would be 391$ anyway we can trim that down?
post #2 of 7
Go with an EK pump/res combo and it's ~$50 cheaper
Radaitor can be bought for ~$45ish
Tubing is going to be that price no matter what you buy.
You don't need to spend $30 on coolant. Buy something cheaper.

Performance PCs has a better selection and is usually cheaper than amazon.
post #3 of 7
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SR9jEczwCZ4 Check that out.. In my opinion with research I have done in Watercooling before I jumped aboard you really get what you pay for in most cases. Sure brands may jump prices up a bit due to they're popularity but that popularity is based off of quality. You can certainly save tons of money if you sacrifice looks.
post #4 of 7
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by fbmowner View Post

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SR9jEczwCZ4 Check that out.. In my opinion with research I have done in Watercooling before I jumped aboard you really get what you pay for in most cases. Sure brands may jump prices up a bit due to they're popularity but that popularity is based off of quality. You can certainly save tons of money if you sacrifice looks.

oddly iv been watching jayztwocents the past few weeks trying to figure how to water cool my pc lol


Quote:
Originally Posted by whitrzac View Post

Go with an EK pump/res combo and it's ~$50 cheaper
Radaitor can be bought for ~$45ish
Tubing is going to be that price no matter what you buy.
You don't need to spend $30 on coolant. Buy something cheaper.

Performance PCs has a better selection and is usually cheaper than amazon.

i checked out eks pump/res combos most are the same price as the xspc or in some cases like 10 cheaper...
if u no of a cheaper premix coolant that i can use tell me
post #5 of 7
I thought the EK pump/res combos were cheaper. Sorry.

The XSPC ion might be a decent choice.
http://www.performance-pcs.com/combo-pump-reservoir?limit=90


You don't need premix coolant.
A gallon of distilled water is <$2.00 at any grocery store.
Buy a 1ltr soda to enjoy while building.
Rinse bottle out when finished.
Mix coolant concentrate and distilled water.
post #6 of 7
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitrzac View Post

I thought the EK pump/res combos were cheaper. Sorry.

The XSPC ion might be a decent choice.
http://www.performance-pcs.com/combo-pump-reservoir?limit=90


You don't need premix coolant.
A gallon of distilled water is <$2.00 at any grocery store.
Buy a 1ltr soda to enjoy while building.
Rinse bottle out when finished.
Mix coolant concentrate and distilled water.

what do u think of this stuff for the updated parts list? also tell me if the parts i got are compatible with each other and if i have enough

+ some distilled water so..proly closer to 222 lol
post #7 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by War91 View Post

what do u think of this stuff for the updated parts list? also tell me if the parts i got are compatible with each other and if i have enough

+ some distilled water so..proly closer to 222 lol

I am no expert when it comes to compatibility but I do not see a reservoir (not needed but very helpful) or fans for the rad. Preferably static pressure fans. Also you should think of how you plan to drain the system for maintenance which will require a few more fittings probably of different types.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Water Cooling
Overclock.net › Forums › Cooling › Water Cooling › noob water cooler here in need of some help