Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Memory › I have a titan x pascal oc and i7 4790k oc 4.5ghz. Do i need a better speed ram than 1600 ?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

I have a titan x pascal oc and i7 4790k oc 4.5ghz. Do i need a better speed ram than 1600 ?

post #1 of 42
Thread Starter 
Im playing in 4k. i have 60+fps in most game. Sometime but its rare i got fps drop or stuttering in a few games, nothing too bad.

But i still have 32gb DDR3 kingston 1600mhz value ram. 11CL

I mostly gaming, but in 4k only, Is it worth to buy 32gb of ddr3 at 1866mhz or more with better timing ? With that , will i get better fps OR less fps drop OR less stuttering ?

Thanks for answer im short of money now, titan x pascal was so expensive, i dont want to waste money for ram if it doesnt make any difference in gaming at 4k resolution

Thanks for answer guys , its really appreciated
post #2 of 42
first off all, if you expereince stutter when fps drops under 60 you may wanna try adaptive vsync.




yes I would get a 2400 kit. ram speed is to cpu what vram speed is to a gpu. if a particular scene in a game is cpu bound, faster ram helps a lot. a fast cpu needs more memory bandwidth just like a fast gpu needs it.

http://www.overclock.net/t/1487162/an-independent-study-does-the-speed-of-ram-directly-affect-fps-during-high-cpu-overhead-scenarios
Edited by Klocek001 - 8/8/16 at 3:00am
post #3 of 42
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Klocek001 View Post

first off all, if you expereince stutter when fps drops under 60 you may wanna try adaptive vsync.




yes I would get a 2400 kit. ram speed is to cpu what vram speed is to a gpu. if a particular scene in a game is cpu bound, faster ram helps a lot. a fast cpu needs more memory bandwidth just like a fast gpu needs it.

http://www.overclock.net/t/1487162/an-independent-study-does-the-speed-of-ram-directly-affect-fps-during-high-cpu-overhead-scenarios

I just had success with memtest with my memory at 9-9-9-24-1, 1.5v
Is it enough good, or i should still go with 2400? Thanks for answer
Edited by renejr902 - 8/8/16 at 3:11am
post #4 of 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by renejr902 View Post

I just succeed memtest with my memory at 9-9-9-24-1, 1.5v
Is it enough good, or i should still go with 2400? Thanks for answer

speed will have a lot more impact than timings. if you're running 1600 ram lowering cl to 9 doesn't help much. get 2400 cl10/cl11
post #5 of 42
More megahertz is almost always better than lower cas latency.

Even 1600CL7 loses to 2400CL11
post #6 of 42
Thread Starter 
Thanks for answers guys, i read the thread its very interesting, but this page review didnt found much advantage check it:

http://www.anandtech.com/show/7364/memory-scaling-on-haswell/7
post #7 of 42
Thread Starter 
post #8 of 42
cause they're absolutely retarded to test Haswell-E and DDR4 3200 on a GTX 770. They're GPU bottlenecked. This is below any pc gaming reviewer standard and if I saw one of my employees publish this I'd fire his ass. To test the impact of ram speed you need to test in cpu limited areas, a 14 year old would know that.



this is 6700k on 980Ti, 7 fps min gain from 1600-2400. This is what you should expect from upgrading to 2400. But like I said, only in CPU bound scenarios.
Edited by Klocek001 - 8/8/16 at 4:18am
post #9 of 42
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by renejr902 View Post

Thanks for answers guys, i read the thread its very interesting, but this page review didnt found much advantage check it:

http://www.anandtech.com/show/7364/memory-scaling-on-haswell/7

I agree about 770 bottleneck. But this one show no advantage to me

http://www.anandtech.com/show/7364/memory-scaling-on-haswell/7
post #10 of 42
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Klocek001 View Post

cause they're retarded to test Haswell-E and DDR4 3200 on a GTX 770. They're GPU bottlenecked.



this is 6700k on 980Ti, 7 fps min gain from 1600-2400. This is what you should expect from upgrading to 2400. But like I said, only in CPU bound scenarios.

Thanks results are interesting
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Memory
  • I have a titan x pascal oc and i7 4790k oc 4.5ghz. Do i need a better speed ram than 1600 ?
Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Memory › I have a titan x pascal oc and i7 4790k oc 4.5ghz. Do i need a better speed ram than 1600 ?