Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Mice › Zowie FK1 problem/question
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Zowie FK1 problem/question - Page 2

post #11 of 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by JackCY View Post


Zowie? German? I think they are Chinese.

 

*Californian HQ, though technically now its Taiwanese, so youre pretty much right actually. :D

post #12 of 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by woll3 View Post

*Californian HQ, though technically now its Taiwanese, so youre pretty much right actually. biggrin.gif
You know what I mean biggrin.gif
South East Asia, don't matter which big or small country. As long as I see on the mouse "Made in China" I just say China tongue.gif
Now it's BenQ dunno where those are probably SEA too.
post #13 of 19
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by JackCY View Post

Zowie? German? I think they are Chinese. I'm returning mine soon and try a different brand completely.
I've seen someone post 950cpi but dunno how credible it is.

I doubt any mouse has the CPI spot on unless they calibrate them which they should and don't.


Yeah my mistake. I remember i heard they were from Germany a few years ago (which was obviously wrong). It appears they are American/Taiwanese. I understand you, so will I for reasons mentioned.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2shellbonus View Post

There are no mice on the market that have 800 dpi when it set to 800 dpi. There is always variance. Not a single mouse will ever equal the stated dpi, since dpi varies on many things

I have 19.5 cm hands and have no issues with the fk1 shape (maybe its too wide actually at the front)

They might have some slight varience, but not to the extent i've experienced with FK1 where i had to decrease my sens substanially, which i've never been forced to do before with any of my 50 gaming mice here at home. Sure sensor position might impact that a bit as well (higher position), but still it's inexcusable as far as i'm concerned. If it was a DPI varience at the lower end of (below) 800 it would've been allright/ok, but i won't use a DPI over 800 which makes this extra annoying. Yeah i suspect the width of the hand might be a reason why i have problems with it and you don't. I dunno. I have 11.3 cm wide hands.

If it was as wide in the front in the middle as well, i could probably be using it, barely. I'll go back to Sensei raw and wait for Dm1 pro S to arrive and later G200.
Edited by Karz - 8/10/16 at 5:43am
post #14 of 19
CPI vary per unit, typically they are in a similar range for every product and typically for Zowie the real CPI is lower than the proclaimed CPI, meaning that 400 CPI is really 375-385 etc. If yours really is 865 then you've got a rare outlier, I have 12 Zowie mice here, 9 of those are 3310 variants, all of them have CPI steps lower than proclaimed.

The only manufacturer that I know with low variance around the proclaimed value is Logitech where 400 CPI is typically something in between 397-403 CPI.

I think Roccat (that is the German mouse manufacturer btw) is pretty close too, but it's been a long time since I had one.
Fast enough
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 6600k ASUS Z170 Pro Palit GeForce GTX 980 Ti 16 GB 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Samsung Spinpoint F1 Samsung Spinpoint F1 Samsung SSD 750 EVO Alpenföhn Groß Clock'ner 
OSMonitorKeyboardCase
Windows 7 x64 BenQ XL2411 Lioncast LK20 Sharkoon Rebel9 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Logitech G Pro Zowie G-SR Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium PCI-Express 
  hide details  
Reply
Fast enough
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 6600k ASUS Z170 Pro Palit GeForce GTX 980 Ti 16 GB 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Samsung Spinpoint F1 Samsung Spinpoint F1 Samsung SSD 750 EVO Alpenföhn Groß Clock'ner 
OSMonitorKeyboardCase
Windows 7 x64 BenQ XL2411 Lioncast LK20 Sharkoon Rebel9 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Logitech G Pro Zowie G-SR Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium PCI-Express 
  hide details  
Reply
post #15 of 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ino. View Post

CPI vary per unit, typically they are in a similar range for every product and typically for Zowie the real CPI is lower than the proclaimed CPI, meaning that 400 CPI is really 375-385 etc. If yours really is 865 then you've got a rare outlier, I have 12 Zowie mice here, 9 of those are 3310 variants, all of them have CPI steps lower than proclaimed.

The only manufacturer that I know with low variance around the proclaimed value is Logitech where 400 CPI is typically something in between 397-403 CPI.

I think Roccat (that is the German mouse manufacturer btw) is pretty close too, but it's been a long time since I had one.

Just recently purchased a Zowie EC2-A and found this to be true for me. The "800 DPI" setting is actually lower than advertised. Which is absolutely fine by me but I too would have an issue if that value was above 800 as it would greatly throw me off. I'm a wrist-ish player with a hybrid palm/claw grip so I can definitly feel small steps in sensitivity but its far easier for me to adjust to slow speeds than it be higher than what I am used to. Also comparing my last mouse to my new Zowie is night and day and the EC2-A fits my grip and hand near perfect which is the main factor to me.
post #16 of 19
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ino. View Post

CPI vary per unit, typically they are in a similar range for every product and typically for Zowie the real CPI is lower than the proclaimed CPI, meaning that 400 CPI is really 375-385 etc. If yours really is 865 then you've got a rare outlier, I have 12 Zowie mice here, 9 of those are 3310 variants, all of them have CPI steps lower than proclaimed.

The only manufacturer that I know with low variance around the proclaimed value is Logitech where 400 CPI is typically something in between 397-403 CPI.

I think Roccat (that is the German mouse manufacturer btw) is pretty close too, but it's been a long time since I had one.

Yeah, i suppose i was unlucky in that regard. However Zowie (from what i've read from previous users) have mentioned values going higher than specified by Zowie. But as far as FK1 goes at least, it indeed seem to be rare O_o. Either way, it is what it is as i can't use the mouse anyway due to the tiny shape lol. Btw, how's Fk1+ stand against Sensei Raw? Are they similar in size, when holding both?
Edited by Karz - 8/10/16 at 7:30am
post #17 of 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karz View Post

Yeah, i suppose i was unlucky in that regard. However Zowie (from what i've read from previous users) have mentioned values going higher than specified by Zowie. But as far as FK1 goes at least, it indeed seem to be rare O_o. Either way, it is what it is as i can't use the mouse anyway due to the tiny shape lol.
Also bare in mind that the colors for 800 and 1600 on my unit were really close to each other.

Maybe you thought 800 DPI step was the 1600 step?
CoRE
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core I7 860 ASUS P7P55 LX Gigabyte 770GTX Kingston Value Ram 8gb 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
OCZ Agility 2 120gb NEC Win7 Ultimate x64 Asus 27" vk 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Steelseries 7G Corsair 800w CoolerMaster Cosmos Logitech G303 
Mouse Pad
Puretrak Talent / Corepad eYEPAD 
  hide details  
Reply
CoRE
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core I7 860 ASUS P7P55 LX Gigabyte 770GTX Kingston Value Ram 8gb 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
OCZ Agility 2 120gb NEC Win7 Ultimate x64 Asus 27" vk 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Steelseries 7G Corsair 800w CoolerMaster Cosmos Logitech G303 
Mouse Pad
Puretrak Talent / Corepad eYEPAD 
  hide details  
Reply
post #18 of 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karz View Post

Yeah i suspect the width of the hand might be a reason why i have problems with it and you don't. I dunno. I have 11.3 cm wide hands.
Mine are 10cm wide and I find the FK1+ narrow especially in the middle where one grips the mouse. When I grab IE3.0 my hand is like OMG this is so much better in terms of width and overall size of the mouse filling the hand more, buttons much more spammable too due to split buttons design and not integral buttons like on Zowie and many other mice.

The 400 CPI on FK1+ for me is considerably lower than IE3.0 which is 436 CPI. Unusable on Zowie with it's 375 CPI or what it is.
Quote:
It's a bit too low and too narrow and i got pain in my hand after just a few hours, even with clawgrip. I guess 19 cm hands are too big for FK1.
I can't use clawgrip, I need even bigger mouse for that than for my hybrid relaxed "palm"/knuckle grip. I like the lower height but in all other dimensions it's too small for 21/10cm hands.
The biggest hand I would recommend the FK1+ for is about 18.5/10cm, probably even more narrow than 10cm. Which is truly a regular medium hand size not a large size. Same goes for EC1 but the FK1 is better because it's ambi and the side buttons are actually reachable unlike the crappy EC1 mushy badly placed side buttons and bugged scrollwheel...

2shell:
Colors? How do you mix up pink (red+blue) 800 CPI vs blue 1600 CPI? Colorblind? Maybe? I dunno.
Edited by JackCY - 8/10/16 at 7:37am
post #19 of 19
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by JackCY View Post

Mine are 10cm wide and I find the FK1+ narrow especially in the middle where one grips the mouse. When I grab IE3.0 my hand is like OMG this is so much better in terms of width and overall size of the mouse filling the hand more, buttons much more spammable too due to split buttons design and not integral buttons like on Zowie and many other mice.

The 400 CPI on FK1+ for me is considerably lower than IE3.0 which is 436 CPI. Unusable on Zowie with it's 375 CPI or what it is.
I can't use clawgrip, I need even bigger mouse for that than for my hybrid relaxed "palm"/knuckle grip. I like the lower height but in all other dimensions it's too small for 21/10cm hands.
The biggest hand I would recommend the FK1+ for is about 18.5/10cm, probably even more narrow than 10cm. Which is truly a regular medium hand size not a large size.

2shell:
Colors? How do you mix up pink (red+blue) 800 CPI vs blue 1600 CPI? Colorblind? Maybe? I dunno.

I would agree with your estimates regarding hand size for FK1. No matter how i hold FK1 i get hand pain after a while. The only way i can hold it is by putting 2 fingers at mouse 1 and 2 and let the other 2 hang out freely (sort of a semi fingertip grip). Unlike you, i don't really like the lower heigth either (it's not that bad though). I normally prefer 3.8-4 cm height as i prefer a loose semi claw grip rather than a pure clawgrip.

For the record, this is the best shape i've ever used even until this day (since 1996). Would pay big to get this shape with a decent sensor, scroll wheel and at least 1 side buttom. It's is simply flawless/magnificent. Imho the best shape ever created balance wise, and in terms of form factor and control (and i've probably tested about every mouse out there since decades back, to compare).



Quote:
Originally Posted by 2shellbonus View Post

Also bare in mind that the colors for 800 and 1600 on my unit were really close to each other.

Maybe you thought 800 DPI step was the 1600 step?

Na no risk, colors don't lie smile.gif. Always check those things thoroughly. Even if that was the case, my mouse tester result would have shown a higher number just as my decrease in sens would have been alot higher.
Edited by Karz - 8/10/16 at 7:56am
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Mice
Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Mice › Zowie FK1 problem/question