Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Mice › What can cause a mouse's dpi to change?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

What can cause a mouse's dpi to change?

post #1 of 10
Thread Starter 
So I have a DM1 Pro (3310) which is an awesome mouse. I use the 400 dpi step and it measured 375 using the tool in the stickies and measuring in game. I use 3.9 sensitivity in CSGO. After a few months, my accyracy went to **** and the mouse felt faster than usual. I measured the dpi again and it came in at 406!! I now use 3.6 sensitivity and I'm back to normal. What could have caused the dpi to change? I've used the same qck mousepad and I do not use mouse accel. Raw input is on. My deathadder is still the same dpi so it most likely has nothing to do with my game or computer settings.
post #2 of 10
worn out mouse feet/pad maybe you measured wrong..
post #3 of 10
The lift off bug is back to haunt us biggrin.gif
post #4 of 10
Thread Starter 
I measured it using a ruler and the mousetester software. I also measured it in CSGO and Overwatch. I also measured it relative to my other mice. Somehow the DM1 just became faster. My deathadder has always been 388 dpi and my DM1 was slower than it. Now it is faster.
post #5 of 10
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by m0uz View Post

The lift off bug is back to haunt us biggrin.gif

What is this bug? I did a straight swipe to measure. No lifting of the mouse.
post #6 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by bond10 View Post

What is this bug? I did a straight swipe to measure. No lifting of the mouse.

It happened on an older SROM for the 3310, I believe. Let's say you set the mouse to 400 and it was actually 380. After you lifted the mouse the CPI would change (usually increase) and stay that value until you cycled through the steps or set it in the software again.
post #7 of 10
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by m0uz View Post

It happened on an older SROM for the 3310, I believe. Let's say you set the mouse to 400 and it was actually 380. After you lifted the mouse the CPI would change (usually increase) and stay that value until you cycled through the steps or set it in the software again.

Wow, did not know that. I will try cycling through the steps when I get home.
post #8 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by bond10 View Post

Wow, did not know that. I will try cycling through the steps when I get home.

Try cycling back through to 400 and, without lifting the mouse at all, measure it and then lift the mouse well off the pad, put it down and measure it again.
post #9 of 10
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by m0uz View Post

Try cycling back through to 400 and, without lifting the mouse at all, measure it and then lift the mouse well off the pad, put it down and measure it again.

I tried cycling through and without lifting my mouse: 411-416 dpi (10 measurements)
I lifted my mouse and measured 10 more times: 411-416 dpi
post #10 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by bond10 View Post

I tried cycling through and without lifting my mouse: 411-416 dpi (10 measurements)
I lifted my mouse and measured 10 more times: 411-416 dpi

Strange, but at least it's not changing anymore
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Mice
Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Mice › What can cause a mouse's dpi to change?