Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Mice › Glorious PC Gaming Race vs Zowie G-SR, mousepad comparison
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Glorious PC Gaming Race vs Zowie G-SR, mousepad comparison - Page 4

post #31 of 99
Quote:
Originally Posted by ayktekc View Post

Is the glorious xl have the same material like puretrak talent? like silky type?

no, glorious is uncoated cloth
post #32 of 99
Quote:
Originally Posted by ncck View Post

no, glorious is uncoated cloth
So you say that if i wash puretrak talent it loses the coating and become different mousepad? Because i wash it 5-6 times in 1 year and i feel its different mousepad since after the first wash
I wash the mousepads with warm water and little bit hair shampooo and air dry them for 1 day
post #33 of 99
Quote:
Originally Posted by ayktekc View Post

So you say that if i wash puretrak talent it loses the coating and become different mousepad? Because i wash it 5-6 times in 1 year and i feel its different mousepad since after the first wash
I wash the mousepads with warm water and little bit hair shampooo and air dry them for 1 day

I never said that and have no idea, I'm not talking about the puretrak in anyway lol.. I also don't wash mousepads and if they seriously need to be cleaned I just run cold water over the top surface and let it air dry - but that's rare and I'd maybe do it once a year
post #34 of 99
I haven't noticed any humidity/sweat issues with the Glorious. Difference in glide due to humidity was one reason I started looking around for a QcK+ replacement, and the Glorious seems much better in that regard. I've also started running a dehumidifier occasionally which may have something to do with it, but still if it was a serious problem, then it would still happen when I get a little sweaty, and it hasn't thus far.
baby boy
(25 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7-4790K @ 4.9GHz - de-lidded  Gigabyte GA-Z97X-UD5H-BK EVGA GTX 980 Ti Classified @ 1519MHz core, 4192... OCZ Reaper HPC 2GB [x2] @ 2400MHz, 8-12-8-28 1T 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
OCZ Reaper HPC 2GB [x2] @ 2400MHz, 8-12-8-28 1T Samsung 850 PRO 256GB Samsung 850 PRO 256GB Lite-On DL-8A4SH 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
Cooler Master Nepton 140XL (w/ EK-Vardar F3-140... Cooler Master Nepton 140XL (w/ EK-Vardar F3-140... Coollaboratory Liquid Ultra thermal compound Fujipoly ModRight Extreme thermal pads 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit BenQ XL2411Z 24" @ 144Hz Das Keyboard Model S Ultimate (w/ MX Green modi... EVGA Supernova PS 1000W 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
SilverStone Fortress FT05B Logitech G900 - de-braided and de-battery'd (w/... Logitech G640 3mm ASUS Xonar Essence STX II (w/ UNi modded driver) 
AudioAudioOtherOther
beyerdynamic DT 880 PRO headphones (w/ AntLion ... Blue Sky eXo 160W 2.1 studio monitors Solarflare SFN6122F network adapter MikroTik RouterBoard RB751G-2HnD 
Other
CyberPower 1350AVR UPS 
  hide details  
Reply
baby boy
(25 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7-4790K @ 4.9GHz - de-lidded  Gigabyte GA-Z97X-UD5H-BK EVGA GTX 980 Ti Classified @ 1519MHz core, 4192... OCZ Reaper HPC 2GB [x2] @ 2400MHz, 8-12-8-28 1T 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
OCZ Reaper HPC 2GB [x2] @ 2400MHz, 8-12-8-28 1T Samsung 850 PRO 256GB Samsung 850 PRO 256GB Lite-On DL-8A4SH 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
Cooler Master Nepton 140XL (w/ EK-Vardar F3-140... Cooler Master Nepton 140XL (w/ EK-Vardar F3-140... Coollaboratory Liquid Ultra thermal compound Fujipoly ModRight Extreme thermal pads 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit BenQ XL2411Z 24" @ 144Hz Das Keyboard Model S Ultimate (w/ MX Green modi... EVGA Supernova PS 1000W 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
SilverStone Fortress FT05B Logitech G900 - de-braided and de-battery'd (w/... Logitech G640 3mm ASUS Xonar Essence STX II (w/ UNi modded driver) 
AudioAudioOtherOther
beyerdynamic DT 880 PRO headphones (w/ AntLion ... Blue Sky eXo 160W 2.1 studio monitors Solarflare SFN6122F network adapter MikroTik RouterBoard RB751G-2HnD 
Other
CyberPower 1350AVR UPS 
  hide details  
Reply
post #35 of 99
I honestly still love my Glorious XL, definitely my back up mouse pad, but I'm trying to find one with similar glide and thickness, while being twice as wide.
post #36 of 99
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nivity View Post

I have both pads as well.
G-SR is much slower, since it have its weird initial friction that is the highest I ever tried in any cloth pad.
Doing minor movements with start-stops is horrid on the pad for me.

Glorious is much better in that regard.

I don't really like either pad however since satin pads are bad imo, and everything effects them, humidity, temperature etc.

So, I just got a new mouse... The Zowie EC2-A and the G-SR feels completely different now. Much, MUCH faster than before. Maybe it's because the new mouse is lighter? What mouse are you using with it? I was using the G502 before.
post #37 of 99
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by ayktekc View Post

Is the glorious xl have the same material like puretrak talent? like silky type?

It's uncoated but it's a rigid weaved fabric. So it's somewhat rough but with low friction.
Edited by heatX - 8/11/16 at 3:01pm
post #38 of 99
Is the XL Heavy supposed to have a spongy rubber base? I have one of the older ones with the circular logo and it feels very inconsistent because of the soft rubber.

The G-SR is always slow, slick feet like Hyperglides help but it's still going to feel sluggish because of the squishy rubber base.
post #39 of 99
I have the G-SR and an Artisan Hayate Otsu. The Hayate is noticeably faster than the G-SR. Much less initial friction. Can't comment on Glorius since I haven't tried it just yet. So far though, ditched the G-SR and stuck with the Hayate.
post #40 of 99
Yea, the humidity definitely affects the glorious a lot. I leave the AC off in my room while I'm away, and it's over 95 degrees in the room when I get back. My wrist gets damp and while it doesn't soak the pad, it does get it damp. If I run the mouse over the damp area it affects the tracking a lot...lots of skipping and stuttering.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Mice
Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Mice › Glorious PC Gaming Race vs Zowie G-SR, mousepad comparison