Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Rumors and Unconfirmed Articles › [WCCFT]AMD Zen Engineering Sample Benchmarks Leak Out – Summit Ridge CPU Faster Than The Intel Core i5 4670K In AotS Benchmark
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[WCCFT]AMD Zen Engineering Sample Benchmarks Leak Out – Summit Ridge CPU Faster Than The Intel Core i5 4670K In AotS Benchmark - Page 21

post #201 of 306
Quote:
Originally Posted by BiG StroOnZ View Post

5960x boosts to 3.5GHz stock. This Zen ES CPU boosts to 3.2GHz. Not to mention we know average overclocking results for the 5960x bring it to about 4.4GHz.

6900k boosts to 3.7GHz stock. Average overclock is around 4.3GHz.

I have already posted 5960x results for another member as a comparison and you can see that this chip WILL NOT be competing with a 5960x or a 6900k because the 5960X scores around 90fps stock in this benchmark whereas even with a 4.0GHz overclock on the Zen CPU you would only be doing about 70 fps. This Zen ES with a 4.0GHz overclock is only directly competing with a 4790k score wise in this benchmark (posted comparative results as well earlier on in the thread.)

So even if the finalized clocks for this Zen CPU are 3.5-3.6GHz boost and you can overclock it to about 4.2GHz max still at that point will not be competing with a 5960x or 6900k based on these early benchmarks (and the only reason why I limit overclocking to about 4.2GHz on these chips is because it's GF 14nm LPP which has proven to not be a high performance process). If you look for the benchmarks I posted for bruce you will see that when you start overclocking the 5960x it goes to 100 fps and then to a 120 fps again compared to our 70 fps with the Zen CPU @ 4.0GHz overclock

Now of course we don't know how it performs in multi-threaded situations like in Cinebench or encoding or even other games so it is really hard to determine what exactly it will be competing with especially without pricing. However, based on these benchmarks it looks like it would be competing with a Haswell i7 like a 4770k or 4790k but offering more cores.

If the chip can deliver similar gaming performance as a 4790k but encoding performance or multi-threaded performance equivalent to a 5960x and is priced around $350 of course it will be an amazing value and competitive chip. But again we don't have any other benchmarks to go off of besides this one so it is really hard to determine the actual performance of the chip when we aren't able to see all 8 cores and 16 threads utilized. This benchmark isn't the best for revealing that information.

Hopefully soon we will see leaked Cinebench 11.5 and R15 benchmarks. Wherein at that point we will really be able to determine how well it performs when using all of its cores and threads. Now if in these benchmarks it indeed shows that it is performing similarly to a 5960x then at that point I would say comparing it to a 5960x would make more sense. But until we see some benchmarks where the chip is being fully utilized, it looks to be that it is only performing about as good as a 4790k even when the Zen chip is @ 4.0GHz.
Yeah was trying to slow down the hype train earlier on in this thread before it got out of hand, but while it isn't the most amazing showing we still have yet to see multi-threaded results so all hope is not lost until we see those benchmarks and pricing.

Do you have a version of that which isn't a novel?
post #202 of 306
It seems that AMD has acieved much greater IPC while keeping really good mt scaling. Now lets just hope the clock and it looks like we may have a big winner. thumb.gif
post #203 of 306
Quote:
Originally Posted by xxdarkreap3rxx View Post

Do you have a version of that which isn't a novel?

Let's wait until we see some Cinebench runs and possible pricing leaks before we draw any immediate conclusions from these benchmarks. thumb.gif
post #204 of 306
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

Lots of people could use this trick. How can a gpu be a sign of fail overclock of a cpu? rolleyes.gif
post #205 of 306
Quote:
Originally Posted by prznar1 View Post

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

Lots of people could use this trick. How can a gpu be a sign of fail overclock of a cpu? rolleyes.gif

Because its not the GPU, but the process technology. In this case we are talking about GlobalFoundries 14nm LPP which is being used in both Zen and Polaris as well as other products from AMD:
Quote:
AMD VP and CTO Mark Papermaster says that the company is looking forward to production readiness for GloFo's 14-nm LPP process. He also says the company will use chips based on this process in "a broad set" of its APU, CPU, and GPU products.

http://techreport.com/news/29287/glofo-successfully-builds-amd-chips-on-14-nm-finfet-lpp-process
Edited by BiG StroOnZ - 8/12/16 at 1:02am
post #206 of 306
Quote:
Originally Posted by BiG StroOnZ View Post

Let's wait until we see some Cinebench runs and possible pricing leaks before we draw any immediate conclusions from these benchmarks. thumb.gif

Meh Cinebench is closed source, compiled with ICC with specific IMKL optimizations for latest Intel ISAs. Even AMD and Intel share most of x86-64 ISA, Cinebench should be used as a benchmark for AMD vs AMD and Intel vs Intel, not Intel vs AMD, imho. Why ? because ICC based apps are well known to check for CPUID before they run optimally on any CPUs.
Haswell i3
(18 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i3-4150 @ 3.5 GHz Asus B85M-G Rev 1.01, Bios: 2501 Integrated Intel HD 4400 2x 4GB DDR3 1600 MHz CL9 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
Samsung 750 EVO 250GB Seagate Barracuda 1TB 7200.14 Seagate 500 GB 2.5" Samsung DVD/RW 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Corsair H70 Windows 10 64 bit Samsung A300N 20" 1600 x 900 60Hz 5ms 19Watt PS/2 Microsoft Wired Keyboard 500 
PowerCaseMouse
Corsair TX850 V2 CoolerMaster Elite 430 Black Logitech M170 
  hide details  
Reply
Haswell i3
(18 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i3-4150 @ 3.5 GHz Asus B85M-G Rev 1.01, Bios: 2501 Integrated Intel HD 4400 2x 4GB DDR3 1600 MHz CL9 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
Samsung 750 EVO 250GB Seagate Barracuda 1TB 7200.14 Seagate 500 GB 2.5" Samsung DVD/RW 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Corsair H70 Windows 10 64 bit Samsung A300N 20" 1600 x 900 60Hz 5ms 19Watt PS/2 Microsoft Wired Keyboard 500 
PowerCaseMouse
Corsair TX850 V2 CoolerMaster Elite 430 Black Logitech M170 
  hide details  
Reply
post #207 of 306
Quote:
Originally Posted by sumitlian View Post

Meh Cinebench is closed source, compiled with ICC with specific IMKL optimizations for latest Intel ISAs. Even AMD and Intel share most of x86-64 ISA, Cinebench should be used as a benchmark for AMD vs AMD and Intel vs Intel, not Intel vs AMD, imho. Why ? because ICC based apps are well known to check for CPUID before they run optimally on any CPUs.

AMD used Cinebench as an example in one of their most recent leaked slides, I doubt we have anything to worry about when using Cinebench:

post #208 of 306
Quote:
Originally Posted by EightDee8D View Post

Just don't hype it again. PLEASE. and ban WCCFT. those people are to blame for 1.6ghz pol10 rumors.


although considering lower clocks, it's not bad.

You say that but WCCFT are usually right on stuff like this, all their pre Pascal rumors turned out to be true.
Thoreal
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
intel i7 7700k MSI Z270 M5 MSI GTX 1080 Armour 16GB Corsair Vengeance 3000Mhz 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Crucial 750GB SSD Corsair H60 2013 Windows 10 Pro 64bit & Ubuntu 15.10 27" AOC 2560x1440 144Hz IPS 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech G105 XFX 650W XXX Edition Fractal Design Define R4 Logitech G400 
Audio
Zero 96Khz 24Bit DAC/ AMP / Denon AH-D7000 Head... 
  hide details  
Reply
Thoreal
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
intel i7 7700k MSI Z270 M5 MSI GTX 1080 Armour 16GB Corsair Vengeance 3000Mhz 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Crucial 750GB SSD Corsair H60 2013 Windows 10 Pro 64bit & Ubuntu 15.10 27" AOC 2560x1440 144Hz IPS 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech G105 XFX 650W XXX Edition Fractal Design Define R4 Logitech G400 
Audio
Zero 96Khz 24Bit DAC/ AMP / Denon AH-D7000 Head... 
  hide details  
Reply
post #209 of 306
Quote:
Originally Posted by BiG StroOnZ View Post

AMD used Cinebench as an example in one of their most recent leaked slides, I doubt we have anything to worry about when using Cinebench:

Indeed it is fine as it is AMD vs AMD. Though there is a reason they didn't compare their CPUs to Intel's in Cinebench wink.gif
Haswell i3
(18 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i3-4150 @ 3.5 GHz Asus B85M-G Rev 1.01, Bios: 2501 Integrated Intel HD 4400 2x 4GB DDR3 1600 MHz CL9 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
Samsung 750 EVO 250GB Seagate Barracuda 1TB 7200.14 Seagate 500 GB 2.5" Samsung DVD/RW 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Corsair H70 Windows 10 64 bit Samsung A300N 20" 1600 x 900 60Hz 5ms 19Watt PS/2 Microsoft Wired Keyboard 500 
PowerCaseMouse
Corsair TX850 V2 CoolerMaster Elite 430 Black Logitech M170 
  hide details  
Reply
Haswell i3
(18 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i3-4150 @ 3.5 GHz Asus B85M-G Rev 1.01, Bios: 2501 Integrated Intel HD 4400 2x 4GB DDR3 1600 MHz CL9 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
Samsung 750 EVO 250GB Seagate Barracuda 1TB 7200.14 Seagate 500 GB 2.5" Samsung DVD/RW 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Corsair H70 Windows 10 64 bit Samsung A300N 20" 1600 x 900 60Hz 5ms 19Watt PS/2 Microsoft Wired Keyboard 500 
PowerCaseMouse
Corsair TX850 V2 CoolerMaster Elite 430 Black Logitech M170 
  hide details  
Reply
post #210 of 306
Quote:
Originally Posted by sumitlian View Post

Indeed it is fine as it is AMD vs AMD. Though there is a reason they didn't compare their CPUs to Intel's in Cinebench wink.gif

You are trying to propagate that there is some funny business going on with Cinebench. Cinebench is a reliable and well-rounded benchmark. If it fails in Cinebench you can be sure it will fail elsewhere. thumb.gif
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Rumors and Unconfirmed Articles
Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Rumors and Unconfirmed Articles › [WCCFT]AMD Zen Engineering Sample Benchmarks Leak Out – Summit Ridge CPU Faster Than The Intel Core i5 4670K In AotS Benchmark