Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Rumors and Unconfirmed Articles › [Guru3d] AMD preparing VEGA launch venue - Launch Imminent?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[Guru3d] AMD preparing VEGA launch venue - Launch Imminent? - Page 20  

post #191 of 435
After Fury X and Polaris we can clearly say that AMD is now left to rely only on marketing and hype to sell a product as the inherent competitiveness of its GPUs (perf/watt especially) is very weak. Its now evident AMD's meagre R&D is not going to allow them to compete against the juggernaut Nvidia who are now creeping towards twice the size of AMD quarterly revenues (with Q3 2017 revenue projections of USD 1.7 billion approx). I expect Vega and Zen to be disappointments and this generation looks like a repeat of Maxwell generation. Sad but true. mad.gif
Fragbox
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel Core i5 2400 DH67BL AMD Radeon HD 6900 Series XFX HD 6950 2GB 
RAMRAMHard DriveOptical Drive
Corsair Corsair DDR3 1333 Mhz 2 GB Corsair DDR3 1333 Mhz 2 GB Western Digital Caviar Green SONY DVD-RW AD-7260S 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 7 Professional 32 bit BENQ G2420HD Logitech K200 Seasonic VX550 psu 
CaseMouse
ANTEC 200 V2 Logitech mouse 
  hide details  
Fragbox
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel Core i5 2400 DH67BL AMD Radeon HD 6900 Series XFX HD 6950 2GB 
RAMRAMHard DriveOptical Drive
Corsair Corsair DDR3 1333 Mhz 2 GB Corsair DDR3 1333 Mhz 2 GB Western Digital Caviar Green SONY DVD-RW AD-7260S 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 7 Professional 32 bit BENQ G2420HD Logitech K200 Seasonic VX550 psu 
CaseMouse
ANTEC 200 V2 Logitech mouse 
  hide details  
post #192 of 435
Quote:
Originally Posted by raghu78 View Post

After Fury X and Polaris we can clearly say that AMD is now left to rely only on marketing and hype to sell a product as the inherent competitiveness of its GPUs (perf/watt especially) is very weak. Its now evident AMD's meagre R&D is not going to allow them to compete against the juggernaut Nvidia who are now creeping towards twice the size of AMD quarterly revenues (with Q3 2017 revenue projections of USD 1.7 billion approx). I expect Vega and Zen to be disappointments and this generation looks like a repeat of Maxwell generation. Sad but true. mad.gif

I dont care as much about performance/dollar. Its interesting architectural wise but the main reason why I pay a little attention to it is because I dont want a 500W GPU if the competitor can deliver the same performance with 250W.
Reduced TDP means reduced noise and heat. Thats important for many people.
post #193 of 435
AMD will bundle Battlefield 1 with Vega.....
post #194 of 435
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elmy View Post

AMD will bundle Battlefield 1 with Vega.....
Battlefield 1 is delayed ? eek.gif
post #195 of 435
Quote:
Originally Posted by iLeakStuff View Post

I dont care as much about performance/dollar. Its interesting architectural wise but the main reason why I pay a little attention to it is because I dont want a 500W GPU if the competitor can deliver the same performance with 250W.
Reduced TDP means reduced noise and heat. Thats important for many people.


I hope amd goes down so another company can buy over this useless company. I know everyone is going to flame me because we will see crazy price but it doesnt matter right? It doesnt make a different cos we are already seeing price going up year by year.

If amd fails to compete, volta titan incoming for 2k, if amd bankrupt and get bought over, titan volta also comes at 2k. At least with enough funding we may see a underdog remerge after 2 years. Better than to drag this useless company in 5-10 years and everyone suffers --except the ultra rich- with it.
Edited by guttheslayer - 8/16/16 at 7:06pm
Project Frostbite
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core I7-6800K OC 4.2GHz @ 1.28 Vcore ASUS X99 Sabertooth Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080 Ti 11G Corsair Vengeance White LED 4x8GB DDR4-3200MHz 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Samsung Evo 850 1TB Corsair H100i V2 AiO Window 10 64-Bits Home Premium Acer Predator XB271HU 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Tesoro Spectrum Mechanical Keyboard (Blue Switc... Thermaltake Toughpower 1000W Gold Phantek Enthoo Pro Full Acrylic Black Razer Diamondback 3G 
AudioAudioAudio
Audio Engine A2+ Speaker Audio Engine D1 DAC Audio Engine S8 Subwoofer 
  hide details  
Project Frostbite
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core I7-6800K OC 4.2GHz @ 1.28 Vcore ASUS X99 Sabertooth Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080 Ti 11G Corsair Vengeance White LED 4x8GB DDR4-3200MHz 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Samsung Evo 850 1TB Corsair H100i V2 AiO Window 10 64-Bits Home Premium Acer Predator XB271HU 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Tesoro Spectrum Mechanical Keyboard (Blue Switc... Thermaltake Toughpower 1000W Gold Phantek Enthoo Pro Full Acrylic Black Razer Diamondback 3G 
AudioAudioAudio
Audio Engine A2+ Speaker Audio Engine D1 DAC Audio Engine S8 Subwoofer 
  hide details  
post #196 of 435
Quote:
Originally Posted by guttheslayer View Post

I hope amd goes down so another company can buy over this useless company. I know everyone is going to flame me because we will see crazy price but it doesnt matter right? It doesnt make a different cos we are already seeing price going up year by year.

If amd fails to compete, volta titan incoming for 2k, if amd bankrupt and get bought over, titan volta also comes at 2k. At least with enough funding we may see a underdog remerge after 2 years. Better than to drag this useless company in 5-10 years and everyone suffers --except the ultra rich- with it.

Yes, let's all hope and cheer for the failing of literally the only company competing on the gpu and cpu front. It's going to take a lot longer than 2 years for anybody to replace them, let alone compete at the level even AMD is competing at now. The company has been around just shy of 50 years and have brought about many good products (and still do) to the industry, yet you deem them useless? A buyout is the best case scenerio, but all is riding on Zen right now. Once official reviews are in we will have a clearer picture of their fate. A buyout to me is still unlikely either way. Who is going to pick them up?
The Struggle (4k)
(20 items)
 
File Server
(12 items)
 
Lenovo G50-45
(6 items)
 
CPUGraphicsRAMOS
Athlon II X2 250u Nvidia 6150SE  2gb DDR3 1066mhz Windows 10 Home 64 bit 
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
AMD A8-6410 AMD R5 Crucial Ballistix 8GB DDR3L 1866 CAS10 Crucial BX100 250gb 
Optical DriveOS
DVD Windows 10 Home 
  hide details  
The Struggle (4k)
(20 items)
 
File Server
(12 items)
 
Lenovo G50-45
(6 items)
 
CPUGraphicsRAMOS
Athlon II X2 250u Nvidia 6150SE  2gb DDR3 1066mhz Windows 10 Home 64 bit 
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
AMD A8-6410 AMD R5 Crucial Ballistix 8GB DDR3L 1866 CAS10 Crucial BX100 250gb 
Optical DriveOS
DVD Windows 10 Home 
  hide details  
post #197 of 435
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoloCamo View Post

Yes, let's all hope and cheer for the failing of literally the only company competing on the gpu and cpu front. It's going to take a lot longer than 2 years for anybody to replace them, let alone compete at the level even AMD is competing at now. The company has been around just shy of 50 years and have brought about many good products (and still do) to the industry, yet you deem them useless? A buyout is the best case scenerio, but all is riding on Zen right now. Once official reviews are in we will have a clearer picture of their fate. A buyout to me is still unlikely either way. Who is going to pick them up?

I mention a buyout, as long as it start to improve the market situation for pc community now. Even if it take a long time its still better than now where amd does not see the light at the end of the tunnel
Project Frostbite
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core I7-6800K OC 4.2GHz @ 1.28 Vcore ASUS X99 Sabertooth Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080 Ti 11G Corsair Vengeance White LED 4x8GB DDR4-3200MHz 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Samsung Evo 850 1TB Corsair H100i V2 AiO Window 10 64-Bits Home Premium Acer Predator XB271HU 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Tesoro Spectrum Mechanical Keyboard (Blue Switc... Thermaltake Toughpower 1000W Gold Phantek Enthoo Pro Full Acrylic Black Razer Diamondback 3G 
AudioAudioAudio
Audio Engine A2+ Speaker Audio Engine D1 DAC Audio Engine S8 Subwoofer 
  hide details  
Project Frostbite
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core I7-6800K OC 4.2GHz @ 1.28 Vcore ASUS X99 Sabertooth Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080 Ti 11G Corsair Vengeance White LED 4x8GB DDR4-3200MHz 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Samsung Evo 850 1TB Corsair H100i V2 AiO Window 10 64-Bits Home Premium Acer Predator XB271HU 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Tesoro Spectrum Mechanical Keyboard (Blue Switc... Thermaltake Toughpower 1000W Gold Phantek Enthoo Pro Full Acrylic Black Razer Diamondback 3G 
AudioAudioAudio
Audio Engine A2+ Speaker Audio Engine D1 DAC Audio Engine S8 Subwoofer 
  hide details  
post #198 of 435
Quote:
Originally Posted by guttheslayer View Post

I hope amd goes down so another company can buy over this useless company. I know everyone is going to flame me because we will see crazy price but it doesnt matter right? It doesnt make a different cos we are already seeing price going up year by year.

If amd fails to compete, volta titan incoming for 2k, if amd bankrupt and get bought over, titan volta also comes at 2k. At least with enough funding we may see a underdog remerge after 2 years. Better than to drag this useless company in 5-10 years and everyone suffers --except the ultra rich- with it.

Every time you feel the need to complain about how much nVidia cards cost, put $1 in a jar. You'll have enough to buy one in no time.
X-Rig
(14 items)
 
Death Bomb
(9 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
I7-5960X Asus Rampage V Extreme 1502 EVGA Titan X EVGA Titan X 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
G.Skill F4-3000C15Q-32GRK Samsung SM951 M.2 Samsung 850 Pro 512GB Pioneer BDR-2209 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
EKWB Blocks, Fans, and Pumps, HW Labs Black Ice... Windows 10 Pro Retail BenQ BL3201PH Max Keyboard Nighthawk X8 
PowerMouse
EVGA 220-P2-1200-X1 Roccat Kone Pure Optical 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
I7-7700K De-lidded @ 5GHz Asus Strix Z270i Nvidia Titan Xp G. Skill F4-3600C15D-16GTZ 
Hard DriveCoolingOSPower
2X Samsung 960 Pro 512GB M.2 EK Supremacy EVO CPU. Titan Xp Full Cover w/Ba... Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit SeaSonic X750 
Case
Fractal Nano S 
  hide details  
X-Rig
(14 items)
 
Death Bomb
(9 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
I7-5960X Asus Rampage V Extreme 1502 EVGA Titan X EVGA Titan X 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
G.Skill F4-3000C15Q-32GRK Samsung SM951 M.2 Samsung 850 Pro 512GB Pioneer BDR-2209 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
EKWB Blocks, Fans, and Pumps, HW Labs Black Ice... Windows 10 Pro Retail BenQ BL3201PH Max Keyboard Nighthawk X8 
PowerMouse
EVGA 220-P2-1200-X1 Roccat Kone Pure Optical 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
I7-7700K De-lidded @ 5GHz Asus Strix Z270i Nvidia Titan Xp G. Skill F4-3600C15D-16GTZ 
Hard DriveCoolingOSPower
2X Samsung 960 Pro 512GB M.2 EK Supremacy EVO CPU. Titan Xp Full Cover w/Ba... Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit SeaSonic X750 
Case
Fractal Nano S 
  hide details  
post #199 of 435
But in that duration, nvidia will again increase prices, so nothing changes really.
biggrin.gif
post #200 of 435
Quote:
Originally Posted by EightDee8D View Post

But in that duration, nvidia will again increase prices, so nothing changes really.
biggrin.gif

Manufacturing costs are up, thus end consumer costs are up. Margins have been maintained, sure, but there isn't this crazy price gouging going. There is nothing wrong with a business wanting to keep a particular margin.
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 5820K AsRock Extreme6 X99 Gigabyte GTX 980 Ti Windforce OC 16 GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Samsung 840 EVO 250GB - HDD Speed Edtition Samsung SM951 512 GB - I still hate Samsung!  Noctua NHD14 Windows 10 
MonitorMonitorMonitorKeyboard
Achieva Shimian QH270-Lite Overlord Computer Tempest X27OC  Acer Predator XB270HU Filco Majestouch 2 Ninja 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Seasonic X-1250 Fractal Design R5 Razer Naga Razer Goliathus Alpha 
AudioAudio
AKG K702 65th Anniversary Edition Creative Sound Blaster Zx 
  hide details  
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 5820K AsRock Extreme6 X99 Gigabyte GTX 980 Ti Windforce OC 16 GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Samsung 840 EVO 250GB - HDD Speed Edtition Samsung SM951 512 GB - I still hate Samsung!  Noctua NHD14 Windows 10 
MonitorMonitorMonitorKeyboard
Achieva Shimian QH270-Lite Overlord Computer Tempest X27OC  Acer Predator XB270HU Filco Majestouch 2 Ninja 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Seasonic X-1250 Fractal Design R5 Razer Naga Razer Goliathus Alpha 
AudioAudio
AKG K702 65th Anniversary Edition Creative Sound Blaster Zx 
  hide details  
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Rumors and Unconfirmed Articles
This thread is locked  
Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Rumors and Unconfirmed Articles › [Guru3d] AMD preparing VEGA launch venue - Launch Imminent?