Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Mice › [Sponsored] Logitech G Pro Gaming Mouse Review - by Ino
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[Sponsored] Logitech G Pro Gaming Mouse Review - by Ino - Page 184

post #1831 of 3580
Quote:
Originally Posted by FatalProximity View Post

Thanks for the video, get you give more info on the mod for the g pro? How did you remove the mouse feet? How do you reapply the mouse feet? Do you need to remove the pcb in the g pro like you explained that you do for the 403?

You don't need to remove the pcb in the Pro. The mouse cable doesn't go under the pcb in the Pro - it goes to the side. Also, I recommend the "McCree Olympic Skin" paracord from CeeSA (aka, red, white and blue - looks great on mine:

post #1832 of 3580
I took mine apart to see if there was something I could do to make the main buttons harder to press, I decided to put some g303 side skates where the buttons bend, now theyre as heavy as my fk2 biggrin.gif will have to do some fine tuning some other day.
post #1833 of 3580
Quote:
Originally Posted by j0hn View Post

I took mine apart to see if there was something I could do to make the main buttons harder to press, I decided to put some g303 side skates where the buttons bend, now theyre as heavy as my fk2 biggrin.gif will have to do some fine tuning some other day.

Maybe you should solder in some D2F-01 switches.
post #1834 of 3580
Anyone else have problems with the mouse wheel being crooked? It feels like the wheel is at a slight angle, and when I push the it directly to the right it registers a middle click, but when I press directly to the left it feels like it doesn't have anywhere to go.
post #1835 of 3580
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by FatalProximity View Post

Thanks for the video, get you give more info on the mod for the g pro? How did you remove the mouse feet? How do you reapply the mouse feet? Do you need to remove the pcb in the g pro like you explained that you do for the 403?

For the feet I used a small knife to go under them completely and pulled them off. They reapplied pretty well. Just have to be careful to not pull off the teflon part from the adhesive part itself.
Also no need to take out the PCB as the cable goes over/to the side of it in the Pro.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rakali View Post

Anyone else have problems with the mouse wheel being crooked? It feels like the wheel is at a slight angle, and when I push the it directly to the right it registers a middle click, but when I press directly to the left it feels like it doesn't have anywhere to go.

That's because the switch is on the right side and triggered by the right part of the axle, on the left you have the wheel encoder. So pushing to the right makes the axle go down and activate while pushing to the left lifts it up.
Fast enough
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 6600k ASUS Z170 Pro Palit GeForce GTX 980 Ti 16 GB 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Samsung Spinpoint F1 Samsung Spinpoint F1 Samsung SSD 750 EVO Alpenföhn Groß Clock'ner 
OSMonitorKeyboardCase
Windows 7 x64 BenQ XL2411 Lioncast LK20 Sharkoon Rebel9 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Zowie ZA11 White Zowie G-SR Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium PCI-Express 
  hide details  
Reply
Fast enough
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 6600k ASUS Z170 Pro Palit GeForce GTX 980 Ti 16 GB 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Samsung Spinpoint F1 Samsung Spinpoint F1 Samsung SSD 750 EVO Alpenföhn Groß Clock'ner 
OSMonitorKeyboardCase
Windows 7 x64 BenQ XL2411 Lioncast LK20 Sharkoon Rebel9 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Zowie ZA11 White Zowie G-SR Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium PCI-Express 
  hide details  
Reply
post #1836 of 3580
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ino. View Post

That's because the switch is on the right side and triggered by the right part of the axle, on the left you have the wheel encoder. So pushing to the right makes the axle go down and activate while pushing to the left lifts it up.

Oh interesting. Thanks for the information! In that case I won't worry about it.
post #1837 of 3580
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ino. View Post

Snip



Sorry to ask, but since you had the G pro for a long time, and reviewed it and have had some feedback with Logitech, do you know if this is normal behaviour for the G pro?


The M1 feels quite bad to press most times, M2 is good.
Its enough for me that I cannot use the mouse, because M1 feels so bad with a very strange feedback and its much harder to press then M2 with that strange feedback thing.
Almost like the switch actuation moves or gets locked up for a very short moment when pressing it.

Cannot call them until Monday, and since people said they wont send you replacement, just return it for a refund I feel kinda bad, since I used a coupon that is no longer available.
Edited by Nivity - 9/16/16 at 11:53pm
post #1838 of 3580
Quote:
Originally Posted by deepor View Post

About those LMB and RMB clicks, I experimented with the kitchen scale right now and put the mouse on it to test the clicks. I get 38g for LMB and 44g for RMB in the two spots where my finger tips normally are. I compared this with my G303, and for that one it's 47g and 48g.

About how I tried to measure this, I just put the mouse on the scale, set the scale to zero, then very slowly pressed down on the buttons. I looked for the highest pressure I can manage without the buttons clicking.

A big problem trying to measure this is that the numbers are very different when moving forwards and backwards on the buttons. In my preferred spot for my fingertips, the numbers were around 40g, but at the very front it goes to as low as 25g while in the back it's 95g for LMB and 105g for RMB.

If I try and do this there is a big different with M1 and M2.
M1 is much harder to press, which I also feel, its stiffer and feels bad.

Towards the back its like 120g for LMB, 95 for RMB.
Its only fairly even in the furthest towards to the front.
Middle of the button also differs like 10-20g with LMB being harder.

Gonna send this back, because its just ****ty to use with the stiff weird LMB button, feels horrible.
post #1839 of 3580
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nivity View Post

If I try and do this there is a big different with M1 and M2.
M1 is much harder to press, which I also feel, its stiffer and feels bad.

Towards the back its like 120g for LMB, 95 for RMB.
Its only fairly even in the furthest towards to the front.
Middle of the button also differs like 10-20g with LMB being harder.

Gonna send this back, because its just ****ty to use with the stiff weird LMB button, feels horrible.

Mine is the same, RMB is more sensitive. Could it be it's designed like this since LMB is going to be pressed alot more than RMB? confused.gif

Edit: I'm making a ticket with Logitech asking if it's supposed to be this way.
Edited by Midian - 9/17/16 at 5:23am
PC-1
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7-5960X Asus Rampage V Extreme MSI GeForce GTX 1080 Ti Gaming X 11GB Corsair 32GB (4x8GB) DDR4 2133MHz CL13 Vengeanc... 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Samsung 850Pro WD RE Enterprise 4TB Phanteks ph-tc14pe "Black" Windows 10 Pro 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Samsung S27B970D CM Storm Quick Fire TK MX Red Corsair AX1500i Xigmatek Elysium 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Logitech Pro Gaming Mouse Logitech G440 Asus Xonar Essence STX II  
  hide details  
Reply
PC-1
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7-5960X Asus Rampage V Extreme MSI GeForce GTX 1080 Ti Gaming X 11GB Corsair 32GB (4x8GB) DDR4 2133MHz CL13 Vengeanc... 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Samsung 850Pro WD RE Enterprise 4TB Phanteks ph-tc14pe "Black" Windows 10 Pro 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Samsung S27B970D CM Storm Quick Fire TK MX Red Corsair AX1500i Xigmatek Elysium 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Logitech Pro Gaming Mouse Logitech G440 Asus Xonar Essence STX II  
  hide details  
Reply
post #1840 of 3580
Quote:
Originally Posted by Argowashi View Post

I don't see why you're making a big deal out of it. Whether people want to debraid the cable or replace it completely is up to them.

I don't understand why people are talking about the braided cable like it's a defect.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Mice
Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Mice › [Sponsored] Logitech G Pro Gaming Mouse Review - by Ino