Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Mice › [Sponsored] Logitech G Pro Gaming Mouse Review - by Ino
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[Sponsored] Logitech G Pro Gaming Mouse Review - by Ino - Page 217

post #2161 of 3553
I will make a thread about it, I will doit like Marctraider in this thread , because the g502 has an optical mousewheel as the g3. But I will also make the sidebuttons work!
post #2162 of 3553
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyshak View Post

Even if I lift the cable completely off the ground so it touches nothing, the feet have a rough glide on it. Pro + G-SR feels like [anyothermouse] + G-TFX. And that is not right smile.gif
If you like that you are fine, but for some reason the Pros feet are different on this pad than others. Zowie mice are butter smooth on the G-SR. Way better in my opinion. Since the Pro does not have this problem on the QCK or Alioth I don't know what it is. Seems to be just the combination of those feet and the G-SR. If it was the grooves on the bottom of the mouse scraping over the pad it should happen on all pads. But it does not.

I can only suggest to everyone: prep to debraid/replace the cable (paracord for instance) and replace the feet with something better. You will notice the difference, its huge. Logitech kinda managed to create the perfect mouse for me, but then slapped a terrible cable and some weird feet on it. So you have to put in some more work to make it as best as can be.
Just compared my EC2 to my G Pro on the GS-R and theres a pretty big difference in smoothness. EC2 is alot more smoother and quiet. Trying out the EC2 again just made me realize how much I prefer ergonomic mice. Wish I can have the buttons/sensor/coating of the G Pro and the shape of the EC2-A. That would be my perfect mouse. inb4 "try the G403"
Edited by SynergyCB - 9/28/16 at 8:39am
post #2163 of 3553
Amazing mouse. However, I'm very dissapointed that you apparently can't change lift off distance in Logitechs software. Do any of you know if there is a possibility to raise the lift off distance somehow as i don't like the logi skates and would like to apply hyperglide Ms-3 skates instead?
post #2164 of 3553
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karz View Post

Amazing mouse. However, I'm very dissapointed that you apparently can't change lift off distance in Logitechs software. Do any of you know if there is a possibility to raise the lift off distance somehow as i don't like the logi skates and would like to apply hyperglide Ms-3 skates instead?
Logitech's rendition of "lift off distance" for most of their mice is via Logitech Gaming Software using the surface calibration tool. Sometimes I wonder if it actually fixes anything (I usually leave mine at default)
post #2165 of 3553
Quote:
Originally Posted by VESPA5 View Post

Logitech's rendition of "lift off distance" for most of their mice is via Logitech Gaming Software using the surface calibration tool. Sometimes I wonder if it actually fixes anything (I usually leave mine at default)

Which indeed is not a very good sollution, just as you say. It dosen't indicate whatsoever that it would specifically raise the lift off distance at all Oo. So in other words, the answer is basically no: you can not raise the lift off distance in any of the PMW 3366 sensors by Logitech?..
Edited by Karz - 9/28/16 at 9:32am
post #2166 of 3553
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karz View Post

Which indeed is not a very good sollution, just as you say. It dosen't indicate whatsoever that it would specifically raise the lift off distance at all Oo. So in other words, the answer is basically no: you can not raise the lift off distance in any of the PMW 3366 sensors by Logitech?..

Try putting enough layers of scotch tape under each foot to emulate the height of the MS-3 skates then surface tuning. That should give you a good idea of LOD with the MS-3 skates applied. No idea how it will work, just throwing it out there.
post #2167 of 3553
Quote:
Originally Posted by Demi9OD View Post

Try putting enough layers of scotch tape under each foot to emulate the height of the MS-3 skates then surface tuning. That should give you a good idea of LOD with the MS-3 skates applied. No idea how it will work, just throwing it out there.

Thanks for the idea, but i can already tell that applying Ms-3 on (simulate) would render the reading of the sensor useless to the extent it would not function properly. Even with stock skates i find the lift off distance too low by the way i hold the mouse and play. What a let down to an otherwise near perfect mouse :/

Any other advice for replacement of stock skates?
Edited by Karz - 9/28/16 at 9:50am
post #2168 of 3553
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karz View Post

Which indeed is not a very good sollution, just as you say. It dosen't indicate whatsoever that it would specifically raise the lift off distance at all Oo. So in other words, the answer is basically no: you can not raise the lift off distance in any of the PMW 3366 sensors by Logitech?..

I think there's no way to raise LOD.

There's someone around here on the forum that wired the sensor chip to his own controller, then played with what kind of commands you can write into the chip's registers. The sensor does have a feature where it raises LOD a good amount, but this then introduces latency. That latency should be the reason why the Logitech software does not expose this feature of the sensor.

I was under the impression that the surface tuning can only ever reduce LOD, and can never increase LOD. I don't know if that's right.
post #2169 of 3553
Quote:
Originally Posted by deepor View Post

I think there's no way to raise LOD.

There's someone around here on the forum that wired the sensor chip to his own controller, then played with what kind of commands you can write into the chip's registers. The sensor does have a feature where it raises LOD a good amount, but this then introduces latency. That latency should be the reason why the Logitech software does not expose this feature of the sensor.

I was under the impression that the surface tuning can only ever reduce LOD, and can never increase LOD. I don't know if that's right.

I understand. No i've never heard of surface calibration that actually increase LOD. Question is, is this a bad software implementation (or lack of) by Logitech, or is it the PMW 3366 sensor that is not susceptible to LOD adjustments in general?
post #2170 of 3553
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karz View Post

I understand. No i've never heard of surface calibration that actually increase LOD. Question is, is this a bad software implementation (or lack of) by Logitech, or is it the PMW 3366 sensor that is not susceptible to LOD adjustments in general?

It's the 3360/3366 as far as I can tell. My DM1 Pro S had what to me was an annoyingly low LOD, and my Revel while better, is still very low. The difference in those two is that the DM1 feet are probably .4mm thicker.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Mice
Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Mice › [Sponsored] Logitech G Pro Gaming Mouse Review - by Ino