Originally Posted by Luminair
Thank you for your reply!
1) Is the LED assembly at the back sized large to act as ballast? One might say "remove that to save weight", but the mouse is already so light, I bet removing the LED assembly would put it out of balance, so that'd be a bad mod... and a warping of the original vision. It looks like a smart design!
2) I thought that having 2 giant Zowie-style mouse feet was best, because it distributes the weight load over a larger foot area, thus wearing down the foot surface less. Am I wrong? Why the small feet plus the one in the center?
Sweet simple mouse, I'm looking forward to trying it out!
It's designed to hold the LEDs firmly at the appropriate angle.
Smaller feet have lower friction. Center foot prevents mousing surface from bunching under the lens, changing height and affecting tracking speed/resolution.
Originally Posted by Ihateallmice
How exactly did you justify pricing this higher than g303? then again all logitech mice seem much more expensive on your site than in say Swedish stores. Still odd given that g303 and the Pro are the same price on the US site.
I'm not sure how the local team sets pricing for individual products. That's controlled by the regional sales and marketing teams. Sorry for not having a more definitive answer. :/
Originally Posted by daniel0731ex
Many thanks once again for you answering our questions so enthusiastically.
1. In accordance with the principle you mentioned previously, that the product portfolio is based on specific needs which you find the market does not yet offer. For instance, G900 is there to offer a wireless mouse that is actually even remotely competent for gaming, etc. What was the "market void" which your team identified when setting out to do this project, besides the point you have mentioned in the video?
2. Would you kindly articulate precisely what were the design objectives which the team outlined initially for this project? Constraints and trade-offs that you have made, etc.
3. What "lessons" from previous products did you incorporate in this project? What modifications from the G100s shape did you make that was a conscious design choice?
4. How long in development?
Finally -- As you have mentioned, the G100s was the basis upon which the market need was identified and refined, and specifically the M-UV55a shape was not considered. Now, I know that you cannot answer future product questions, so I would just like to ask: was the market void that was filled by this product only about a nice general-purpose shape, or was it also intended to fill the extreme fingertip-grip space as well? Or, is this product space considered not worth filling at all?
Pros specifically asked us to make a product like this, so we did. We're not interested in just putting our logos on jerseys - we are working together with them to develop products that they are happy with.
Specific design objective was "make a mouse for pros", and the subhead was "they want the G100s shape as their starting point." The project straightforward but not simple, if you get my meaning.
We made small modifications such as scooping the finger areas of the main buttons to make the fingers sit in a more specific, but relaxed position. We also incorporated the buttons that people really liked from G303.
Development went on for a while, but first functional prototypes were given to pros this February.
I can't really talk about why we did or did not do a thing in that kind of detail, unfortunately. The best I can say is that we have finite resources in all areas of the company - development, marketing, sales, operations, and so forth - and have to make choices about where we expend time/effort/dollars at all times. Thinking about ESReality, as an example, people have been asking for a mouse like the Pro since at least 2009. Sometimes it just takes a while for priorities to align.
Originally Posted by Arizonian
When can we expect this to be available at Amazon or Newegg?
I anticipate shortly for preorder, by Sept 10 for shipping.
Originally Posted by ramraze
I have 2 questions
1) What is the coating like?
2) Logitech G web store shows it on preorder at 89.99 eur currently. Is that the final price? Or is this a mistake..
Coating is the same as G303.
I'll need to check - that doesn't seem right. Which URL are you looking at?