Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Mice › Logitech Pro vs EC2 (3360version)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Logitech Pro vs EC2 (3360version) - Page 2

post #11 of 34
As long as Zowie doesn't announce any 3360 models this is pretty pointless speculation.
Fast enough
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 6600k ASUS Z170 Pro Palit GeForce GTX 980 Ti 16 GB 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Samsung Spinpoint F1 Samsung Spinpoint F1 Samsung SSD 750 EVO Alpenföhn Groß Clock'ner 
OSMonitorKeyboardCase
Windows 7 x64 BenQ XL2411 Lioncast LK20 Sharkoon Rebel9 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Logitech G Pro Zowie G-SR Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium PCI-Express 
  hide details  
Reply
Fast enough
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 6600k ASUS Z170 Pro Palit GeForce GTX 980 Ti 16 GB 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Samsung Spinpoint F1 Samsung Spinpoint F1 Samsung SSD 750 EVO Alpenföhn Groß Clock'ner 
OSMonitorKeyboardCase
Windows 7 x64 BenQ XL2411 Lioncast LK20 Sharkoon Rebel9 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Logitech G Pro Zowie G-SR Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium PCI-Express 
  hide details  
Reply
post #12 of 34
Even if Zowie were to announce 3360 mice the EC2 is one of the mice I would compare the Logitech G Pro to the least. Like someone said before you are comparing a medium Ergo mouse to a small ambi mouse. The most direct competition with a zowie mouse is probably the ZA series. I would even expect more people using an FK2 to consider switching. I will be surprised if CS pros other than those sponsored by logitech do not start using this mouse some though.
post #13 of 34
I'll totally get a ZA12 with the 3360 if they're released. I'm hoping the 3310 becomes discontinued so BenQ/Zowie have to use the 3360 tongue.gif
post #14 of 34
I believe Zowie will still be more popular, considering most FPS pro's grip style.

If they had made this mouse more in G400S dimensions, then Zowie could be in trouble. I wish more companies would offer the Zowie approach of offering a basic shape in different sizes, because humans have different size hands.
post #15 of 34
Depends on the game, but for CS either would be fine. I personally just prefer the G Pro because I prefer the low weight low sensitivity mix.

The FK shape and the G1 shape have been my very favourites for a long time, so I won't wait for an FK1/FK2 with 3360. Pointless for me because the G Pro will have more features than Zowie would ever want to have.
post #16 of 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pa12a View Post

Depends on the game, but for CS either would be fine. I personally just prefer the G Pro because I prefer the low weight low sensitivity mix.

The FK shape and the G1 shape have been my very favourites for a long time, so I won't wait for an FK1/FK2 with 3360. Pointless for me because the G Pro will have more features than Zowie would ever want to have.
That's kind of Zowie's niche, though. I personally value shape and performance over features that I personally will not use, but to each their own.
post #17 of 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by LegoFarmer View Post

That's kind of Zowie's niche, though. I personally value shape and performance over features that I personally will not use, but to each their own.

Well the G pro wins as far as performance and shape is subjective, but I think very few people would argue it is a bad shape in general.

Also I honestly think Zowie does a very bad job of providing a good variety of shapes considering how many shells they make. I would prefer a larger variety of shapes and sizes instead of having 4 mice that are 128mm in length with two of those being almost exactly the same shape, 2 that are 124mm, and 2 that are 120mm. Really I would consider those size large, medium, and medium-small with them not making a single small mouse. Even their own website ignores the existence of fingertip grip. Their drawings of grip styles are actually pretty funny to me though. I've rarely seen someone with such stubby fat-fingered hands. Overall if I had to classify mice sizes I would say <115mm is very small, 115-120mm is small, 120mm-125mm is medium, 125-130mm is large, and >130mm is very small. Zowie's entire line falls in the medium to large range to me and some how they have 8 shapes in that small range.

Edit: I should probably clarify that they still do a better job than most manufacturers, but they could do a lot better with 8 different shells IMO.
Edited by chr1spe - 8/18/16 at 9:48am
post #18 of 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by chr1spe View Post

Well the G pro wins as far as performance and shape is subjective, but I think very few people would argue it is a bad shape in general.

Also I honestly think Zowie does a very bad job of providing a good variety of shapes considering how many shells they make. I would prefer a larger variety of shapes and sizes instead of having 4 mice that are 128mm in length with two of those being almost exactly the same shape, 2 that are 124mm, and 2 that are 120mm. Really I would consider those size large, medium, and medium-small with them not making a single small mouse. Even their own website ignores the existence of fingertip grip. Their drawings of grip styles are actually pretty funny to me though. I've rarely seen someone with such stubby fat-fingered hands. Overall if I had to classify mice sizes I would say <115mm is very small, 115-120mm is small, 120mm-125mm is medium, 125-130mm is large, and >130mm is very small. Zowie's entire line falls in the medium to large range to me and some how they have 8 shapes in that small range.

Zowie shapes are always too thin at the grip width for me, it's kind of uncomfortable. AM and FK were notable, EC1-A was huge to me, never tried an EC2 or ZA series.
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 4790K SABERTOOTH Z97 MARK 1 NVIDIA GeForce GTX 760 Corsair  
RAMHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Corsair  Seagate ST31500341AS MSI DH24ABS Stock 
OSMonitorMonitorKeyboard
Windows 10 64 bit Samsung 2233RZ BenQ XL2411Z Filco Majestouch-2 (Cherry MX Black) 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Logitech G403 Razer Gigantus ROG Thunderbolt 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 4790K SABERTOOTH Z97 MARK 1 NVIDIA GeForce GTX 760 Corsair  
RAMHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Corsair  Seagate ST31500341AS MSI DH24ABS Stock 
OSMonitorMonitorKeyboard
Windows 10 64 bit Samsung 2233RZ BenQ XL2411Z Filco Majestouch-2 (Cherry MX Black) 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Logitech G403 Razer Gigantus ROG Thunderbolt 
  hide details  
Reply
post #19 of 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alya View Post

Zowie shapes are always too thin at the grip width for me, it's kind of uncomfortable. AM and FK were notable, EC1-A was huge to me, never tried an EC2 or ZA series.

Yeah, unfortunately I haven't gotten to try the only Zowie that would possibly be usable for me which is the ZA13. I do know I don't like the FK2 and EC2 though and bigger would be even worse.
post #20 of 34
FK2+ with 3360 would be dreamy.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Mice
Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Mice › Logitech Pro vs EC2 (3360version)