Overclock.net › Forums › Cooling › Water Cooling › Can't decide how much radiators and what size i need - Titan XP SLI
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Can't decide how much radiators and what size i need - Titan XP SLI - Page 3

post #21 of 31
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pej06 View Post

Buy a Mora 3 Pro or Phobya 1080(3 X 360) with 180/200mm fans support.,put it in the back of the P5..

Already looked into that - too extreme smile.gif also case will be wall mounted so no rads on the back
post #22 of 31
3 Phobya 1260s and 2 D5s could possibly run passively even at max OC.
My System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
E6850 evga 680i a1 XFX 5770 11.7_Drivers_Aug15-2011) 4GB DDR2 800 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
320 GB SATA Windows 7 Ultimate x86 22inch display 1680x1050 750W Silverstone 
Case
antec 900 
  hide details  
Reply
My System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
E6850 evga 680i a1 XFX 5770 11.7_Drivers_Aug15-2011) 4GB DDR2 800 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
320 GB SATA Windows 7 Ultimate x86 22inch display 1680x1050 750W Silverstone 
Case
antec 900 
  hide details  
Reply
post #23 of 31
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by ciarlatano View Post

I'm sure you will hear mixed feelings on the single D5, and whether you would have to run it at a speed that would be too audible or if a second D5 would benefit you in that regard.

I'm worried i'll have enough of rad space but not enough of flow -> loud pump noise + inaudible fans -> project failed


Also I didn't find an answer anywhere - if I would go with 2 pumps do they need to be next to each other in the loop? (serial) eg. would be fine to get 2nd pump after radiators and before blocks (pump->rads->pump->blocks?)
post #24 of 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by shiokarai View Post

I'm worried i'll have enough of rad space but not enough of flow -> loud pump noise + inaudible fans -> project failed


Also I didn't find an answer anywhere - if I would go with 2 pumps do they need to be next to each other in the loop? (serial) eg. would be fine to get 2nd pump after radiators and before blocks (pump->rads->pump->blocks?)

Running the second pump this way is fine. You can use varios set to the same speed, or PWM working off the same signal. The big thing is making sure you fill the loop using only the pump fed directly by the reservoir, and do not connect power to the second pump until you are fully filled.

You can always start with a single D5. Should that not be enough to stay quiet, you can add the second very easily (especially of you are using soft tubing.....changing anything with hardline is pain....which is why I went back to soft).
post #25 of 31
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by ciarlatano View Post

Running the second pump this way is fine. You can use varios set to the same speed, or PWM working off the same signal. The big thing is making sure you fill the loop using only the pump fed directly by the reservoir, and do not connect power to the second pump until you are fully filled.

You can always start with a single D5. Should that not be enough to stay quiet, you can add the second very easily (especially of you are using soft tubing.....changing anything with hardline is pain....which is why I went back to soft).

I wonder whether going with dual pump combo (eg. EKWB) will do the trick?
post #26 of 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by shiokarai View Post

I wonder whether going with dual pump combo (eg. EKWB) will do the trick?

Absolutely would. Take a look at the Monsoon MMRS, much nicer than the EK.
post #27 of 31
Thread Starter 
Ok, thanks for help guys! I've decided to go slightly overkill (but maybe not?) rolleyes.gif I'm going with 4 x Hardware Labs SR-2 420 MPs (already bought them, don't bother to convince me otherwise now! wink.gif) Also ordered dual D5 pump combo from EK, XSPX Photon 270 res, CPU + GPU blocks also from EK. Trying to decide between EK or Bitspower fittings now, will go hardline tubing of course - OD not decided yet. Second P5 coming too. Thinking of plain red/black/white theme, nothing aggressive like lime green etc. wink.gif

Now the wait... and start to build smile.gif
post #28 of 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by shiokarai View Post

Ok, thanks for help guys! I've decided to go slightly overkill (but maybe not?) rolleyes.gif I'm going with 4 x Hardware Labs SR-2 420 MPs (already bought them, don't bother to convince me otherwise now! wink.gif) Also ordered dual D5 pump combo from EK, XSPX Photon 270 res, CPU + GPU blocks also from EK. Trying to decide between EK or Bitspower fittings now, will go hardline tubing of course - OD not decided yet. Second P5 coming too. Thinking of plain red/black/white theme, nothing aggressive like lime green etc. wink.gif

Now the wait... and start to build smile.gif

Looks great! Check out the Monsoon hardline tubing and fittings, as well. Monsoon makes top quality stuff.

Since you are going the 140mm based route, are you doing Vardar or eLoops?
Edited by ciarlatano - 8/21/16 at 10:01am
post #29 of 31
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by ciarlatano View Post

Looks great! Check out the Monsoon hardline tubing and fittings, as well. Monsoon makes top quality stuff.

Since you are going the 140mm based route, are you doing Vardar or eLoops?

Thanks! I like challenges and this will be a challenge smile.gif I've bought 2 eloops (PWM and 600 RPM) to try them out, currently have some Corsair 140 led ML fans (red & white) and they're nice. Need more testing (have to look firsthand if eloops will fit the theme and don't stand out too much)
post #30 of 31
Good plan. Personally, I found the ML120 to be an excellent fan, the ML140......not so much. Interested to hear your take on it.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Water Cooling
Overclock.net › Forums › Cooling › Water Cooling › Can't decide how much radiators and what size i need - Titan XP SLI