Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Technology and Science News › [HOCP] AMD Gains 4.8% Market Share In Q2 2016
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[HOCP] AMD Gains 4.8% Market Share In Q2 2016 - Page 5

post #41 of 96
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by guttheslayer View Post

If would have been poor and outdated Titan XP comes in at $649 and renamed as 1080 Ti.


But it didnt so 980 Ti is still relevant today I guess.

GTX 1070 replaced it. GTX 1070 is 10% faster stock vs stock. GTX 980Ti can overclock better, but both max overcloxked they are pretty much equal.

One with a TDP of 150W. The other with 250W.
GTX 980Ti is only mentioned in discussion because owners still think its still relevant.
post #42 of 96
Quote:
Originally Posted by iLeakStuff View Post

GTX 980Ti is only mentioned in discussion because owners still think its still relevant.
just to be sure, and we still talking gaming performance ?
post #43 of 96
Quote:
Originally Posted by Klocek001 View Post

just to be sure, and we still talking gaming performance ?

He's talking about people buying new cards, not whether the 980Ti can still run games.
post #44 of 96
Quote:
Originally Posted by sherlock View Post

No, if you look at AMD's CPU market share in steam survey http://store.steampowered.com/hwsurvey/processormfg/

You will see over 14%(out of 22%) are CPU over 3 Ghz stock which are probably FXs instead of APUs. Also if the PC have a dGP the iGP won't be detected by steam.
While that is true it wouldn't explain why the iGP's are not registered at all comparing the article that only talks about dGP's yet the steam survey that also takes the limited amount of amd iGP's into account does not seem to come up with a different number. So I wonder where that difference comes from.

Besides that there are plenty of amd apu's with a stock clock of above 3ghz. Looking at the pricewatch on the dutch site tweakers.net only 8 out of 50 desktop apu's have a stock clock speed below 3ghz. Sure that does not count laptops which may be the majority but it still not everything above 3ghz is FX
post #45 of 96
Quote:
Originally Posted by Popple View Post

He's talking about people buying new cards, not whether the 980Ti can still run games.
oh yeah, silly me tongue.gif

still, there are some insane deals for 980Ti, I could buy new 980Ti Matrix SLI for the price that 1080 launched.
Damn!
Edited by Klocek001 - 8/20/16 at 11:28am
post #46 of 96
Quote:
Originally Posted by Klocek001 View Post

oh yeah, silly me tongue.gif

still, there are some insane deals for 980Ti, I could buy new 980Ti Matrix SLI for the price that 1080 launched.
Damn!

With no more performance optimizations from Nvidia for Maxwell, horrible DirectX 12 performance compared to even Pascal, losing performance in newer APIs and losing the only advantage Maxwell had (API overhead) I'd say the Fury non X is infinitely a better card to buy compared to the 980Ti if you're going to keep it through all of 2017, hell, even the RX 480 to a lesser extent.

Anyone even remembers Kepler? It wasn't that long ago, while the 290X which is even older is still going strong, even competing against the GTX 980 in some cases.

I would however buy a GTX 1070, and I did, the G1 Gaming, but I would buy a Fury instead of a Maxwell Titan X any day of the week.thumb.gif
post #47 of 96
Quote:
Originally Posted by iLeakStuff View Post

Kinda funny people still think 980Ti is relevant.
I guess pretending so doesnt make the Fury X such a crappy card either.

Time to deal with the fact guys. It may be hard to accept but both GTX 980Ti and Fury X is poor and outdated today thanks to 1070 and 1080

Its actually pretty relevant in current form since the Pascal lineup seems to be suffering from DPC and people who upgraded to it are either going from where they came or are getting used or new cheaper 980ti that are not affected as much as these cards. I'd say its a good alternative to things which are currently unusable for a lot of peoples
post #48 of 96
AMD got marketshare in Q2, without new cards? Against nvidia that had a bit more than a month's worth sales of GP104 cards? Is that due to mining?
Mastodon Ryzen
(12 items)
 
HP Z220
(8 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
R7 1800X Asus Crosshair VI Hero Sapphire RX Vega 64 reference Gskill TridentZ 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Pny SSD 240GB Crucial MX100 CM Nepton 280L Win 10 
MonitorPowerCaseMouse
Acer Predator XG270HU Freesync XFX 750W Pro HAF XM Logitech G502 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsCooling
i7 3770 HP Quadro K2000 HP 
OSPowerCaseMouse
Win 7  HP 400W HP CMT RAT 7 
  hide details  
Reply
Mastodon Ryzen
(12 items)
 
HP Z220
(8 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
R7 1800X Asus Crosshair VI Hero Sapphire RX Vega 64 reference Gskill TridentZ 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Pny SSD 240GB Crucial MX100 CM Nepton 280L Win 10 
MonitorPowerCaseMouse
Acer Predator XG270HU Freesync XFX 750W Pro HAF XM Logitech G502 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsCooling
i7 3770 HP Quadro K2000 HP 
OSPowerCaseMouse
Win 7  HP 400W HP CMT RAT 7 
  hide details  
Reply
post #49 of 96
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dargonplay View Post

He didn't proceeded to link a 4K chart, just a cherry picked 1080p chart, so you're wrong.
Wrong where exactly?



That's a fury X faster than a Titan X.
Just because you don't use it it doesn't mean it isn't used.
There's no friendly fire, just facts and arguments, which is what I'm interested on.
TIL that 72% is faster than 72% lachen.gif

You're just arguing for the sake of,like i said,would you link me a monitor that uses a 3200 x 1800 panel? rolleyes.gif
post #50 of 96
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dargonplay View Post

With no more performance optimizations from Nvidia for Maxwell, horrible DirectX 12 performance compared to even Pascal, losing performance in newer APIs and losing the only advantage Maxwell had (API overhead) I'd say the Fury non X is infinitely a better card to buy compared to the 980Ti if you're going to keep it through all of 2017, hell, even the RX 480 to a lesser extent.

Anyone even remembers Kepler? It wasn't that long ago, while the 290X which is even older is still going strong, even competing against the GTX 980 in some cases.

I would however buy a GTX 1070, and I did, the G1 Gaming, but I would buy a Fury instead of a Maxwell Titan X any day of the week.thumb.gif

If you can get a 980Ti below 300, thats a great deal for some people. Otherwise, buying a 1070 or 1080 is your best bet. But why do you think that Nvidia is stopping support for Maxwell?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Technology and Science News
Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Technology and Science News › [HOCP] AMD Gains 4.8% Market Share In Q2 2016