Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › NVIDIA › FPS Drop/Stuttering with GTX1070 in CSGO
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

FPS Drop/Stuttering with GTX1070 in CSGO

post #1 of 10
Thread Starter 
Im having so much fps drops in counter-strike:global offensive, even when using 800x600 res,I used to have I5 2500k + amd 7970 and i thought that was the problem.So i bought a new i5 6600k and a GTX1070 with hope to fix the drop issue but it still there. I tried many solutions even the guides on steam community forum but still no fix!


I benchmarked the game and i get 400 fps average, while my friend who was an amd 290x and an i7 4770k he got 460-480 fps average!
so i dont know what really is causing the problem, i have replaced almost every part of my pc and the problem is still not gone!
post #2 of 10
CPU or memory bottleneck.

Turn your resolution up. The lower resolution is stressing your CPU.

Get faster memory. really high fps asks a lot from your cpu. It needs fast memory to help it keep up.

Overclock your i5.
post #3 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by bucheeri View Post

Im having so much fps drops in counter-strike:global offensive, even when using 800x600 res,I used to have I5 2500k + amd 7970 and i thought that was the problem.So i bought a new i5 6600k and a GTX1070 with hope to fix the drop issue but it still there. I tried many solutions even the guides on steam community forum but still no fix!


I benchmarked the game and i get 400 fps average, while my friend who was an amd 290x and an i7 4770k he got 460-480 fps average!
so i dont know what really is causing the problem, i have replaced almost every part of my pc and the problem is still not gone!

Is the FPS drop something you actually notice or its just the value you are concerned about? Having 400 FPS compared to ~450 FPS literally is no difference, considering your playing on lower resolution and possibly on a 60hz, or 120hz monitor.

Look into the GTX 1070 latency issue thats been going on. Download LatencyMon and see if your card is affected because this issue normally happens to those who play at a very high FPS.

I honestly would limit your FPS to something like 200-300.
post #4 of 10
Thread Starter 
I get less fps + more drops if i use higher res
post #5 of 10
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by drazah View Post

Is the FPS drop something you actually notice or its just the value you are concerned about? Having 400 FPS compared to ~450 FPS literally is no difference, considering your playing on lower resolution and possibly on a 60hz, or 120hz monitor.

Look into the GTX 1070 latency issue thats been going on. Download LatencyMon and see if your card is affected because this issue normally happens to those who play at a very high FPS.

I honestly would limit your FPS to something like 200-300.

I already have it fps max at 300, and the drops are noticeable the game gets laggy then back to normal then laggy etc.

I will try to test the latency issue
post #6 of 10
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanallan View Post

CPU or memory bottleneck.

Turn your resolution up. The lower resolution is stressing your CPU.

Get faster memory. really high fps asks a lot from your cpu. It needs fast memory to help it keep up.

Overclock your i5.

I used to have 16GB and i get fps drop with the i5 2500k which is more than enough for the game.

For the new setup i only have 8GB ddr4 ram but i dont think the problem is caused by ram.

BTW the game is installed on SSD
post #7 of 10
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by drazah View Post

Is the FPS drop something you actually notice or its just the value you are concerned about? Having 400 FPS compared to ~450 FPS literally is no difference, considering your playing on lower resolution and possibly on a 60hz, or 120hz monitor.

Look into the GTX 1070 latency issue thats been going on. Download LatencyMon and see if your card is affected because this issue normally happens to those who play at a very high FPS.

I honestly would limit your FPS to something like 200-300.
_________________________________________________________________________________________________________
CONCLUSION
_________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Your system appears to be having trouble handling real-time audio and other tasks. You are likely to experience buffer underruns appearing as drop outs, clicks or pops. One problem may be related to power management, disable CPU throttling settings in Control Panel and BIOS setup. Check for BIOS updates.
LatencyMon has been analyzing your system for 0:03:00 (h:mm:ss) on all processors.


_________________________________________________________________________________________________________
SYSTEM INFORMATION
_________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Computer name: BUCHERI-PC
OS version: Windows 7 Service Pack 1, 6.1, build: 7601 (x64)
Hardware: Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd., Z170X-Gaming 6
CPU: GenuineIntel Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-6600K CPU @ 3.50GHz
Logical processors: 4
Processor groups: 1
RAM: 8133 MB total


_________________________________________________________________________________________________________
CPU SPEED
_________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Reported CPU speed: 3504 MHz
Measured CPU speed: 1 MHz (approx.)

Note: reported execution times may be calculated based on a fixed reported CPU speed. Disable variable speed settings like Intel Speed Step and AMD Cool N Quiet in the BIOS setup for more accurate results.

WARNING: the CPU speed that was measured is only a fraction of the CPU speed reported. Your CPUs may be throttled back due to variable speed settings and thermal issues. It is suggested that you run a utility which reports your actual CPU frequency and temperature.



_________________________________________________________________________________________________________
MEASURED INTERRUPT TO USER PROCESS LATENCIES
_________________________________________________________________________________________________________
The interrupt to process latency reflects the measured interval that a usermode process needed to respond to a hardware request from the moment the interrupt service routine started execution. This includes the scheduling and execution of a DPC routine, the signaling of an event and the waking up of a usermode thread from an idle wait state in response to that event.

Highest measured interrupt to process latency (µs): 5552.147965
Average measured interrupt to process latency (µs): 2.056294

Highest measured interrupt to DPC latency (µs): 247.801130
Average measured interrupt to DPC latency (µs): 0.600077


_________________________________________________________________________________________________________
REPORTED ISRs
_________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Interrupt service routines are routines installed by the OS and device drivers that execute in response to a hardware interrupt signal.

Highest ISR routine execution time (µs): 61.730023
Driver with highest ISR routine execution time: ACPI.sys - ACPI Driver for NT, Microsoft Corporation

Highest reported total ISR routine time (%): 0.034769
Driver with highest ISR total time: hal.dll - Hardware Abstraction Layer DLL, Microsoft Corporation

Total time spent in ISRs (%) 0.054429

ISR count (execution time <250 µs): 153596
ISR count (execution time 250-500 µs): 0
ISR count (execution time 500-999 µs): 0
ISR count (execution time 1000-1999 µs): 0
ISR count (execution time 2000-3999 µs): 0
ISR count (execution time >=4000 µs): 0


_________________________________________________________________________________________________________
REPORTED DPCs
_________________________________________________________________________________________________________
DPC routines are part of the interrupt servicing dispatch mechanism and disable the possibility for a process to utilize the CPU while it is interrupted until the DPC has finished execution.

Highest DPC routine execution time (µs): 127.194635
Driver with highest DPC routine execution time: bflwfx64.sys - Killer Bandwidth Control Filter Driver, Rivet Networks, LLC.

Highest reported total DPC routine time (%): 0.160727
Driver with highest DPC total execution time: iusb3xhc.sys - Intel(R) USB 3.0 eXtensible Host Controller Driver, Intel Corporation

Total time spent in DPCs (%) 0.350457

DPC count (execution time <250 µs): 940623
DPC count (execution time 250-500 µs): 0
DPC count (execution time 500-999 µs): 0
DPC count (execution time 1000-1999 µs): 0
DPC count (execution time 2000-3999 µs): 0
DPC count (execution time >=4000 µs): 0


_________________________________________________________________________________________________________
REPORTED HARD PAGEFAULTS
_________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Hard pagefaults are events that get triggered by making use of virtual memory that is not resident in RAM but backed by a memory mapped file on disk. The process of resolving the hard pagefault requires reading in the memory from disk while the process is interrupted and blocked from execution.


Process with highest pagefault count: chrome.exe

Total number of hard pagefaults 164
Hard pagefault count of hardest hit process: 88
Highest hard pagefault resolution time (µs): 644.479452
Total time spent in hard pagefaults (%): 0.004613
Number of processes hit: 9


_________________________________________________________________________________________________________
PER CPU DATA
_________________________________________________________________________________________________________
CPU 0 Interrupt cycle time (s): 5.626034
CPU 0 ISR highest execution time (µs): 61.730023
CPU 0 ISR total execution time (s): 0.393066
CPU 0 ISR count: 153596
CPU 0 DPC highest execution time (µs): 127.194635
CPU 0 DPC total execution time (s): 2.344661
CPU 0 DPC count: 901552
_________________________________________________________________________________________________________
CPU 1 Interrupt cycle time (s): 1.899087
CPU 1 ISR highest execution time (µs): 0.0
CPU 1 ISR total execution time (s): 0.0
CPU 1 ISR count: 0
CPU 1 DPC highest execution time (µs): 115.366438
CPU 1 DPC total execution time (s): 0.083473
CPU 1 DPC count: 10771
_________________________________________________________________________________________________________
CPU 2 Interrupt cycle time (s): 1.501747
CPU 2 ISR highest execution time (µs): 0.0
CPU 2 ISR total execution time (s): 0.0
CPU 2 ISR count: 0
CPU 2 DPC highest execution time (µs): 108.051941
CPU 2 DPC total execution time (s): 0.035547
CPU 2 DPC count: 10353
_________________________________________________________________________________________________________
CPU 3 Interrupt cycle time (s): 1.302404
CPU 3 ISR highest execution time (µs): 0.0
CPU 3 ISR total execution time (s): 0.0
CPU 3 ISR count: 0
CPU 3 DPC highest execution time (µs): 95.485731
CPU 3 DPC total execution time (s): 0.067181
CPU 3 DPC count: 17947
_________________________________________________________________________________________________________
post #8 of 10
Download this
http://nvidia.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/4202

and then run the test again.
post #9 of 10
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by drazah View Post

Download this
http://nvidia.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/4202

and then run the test again.

I did the Latency test for 40 mintues after installing the hot fix and its stable biggrin.gif

Now i will check with the game if i still have fps drops.

thank you.
post #10 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by bucheeri View Post

I did the Latency test for 40 mintues after installing the hot fix and its stable biggrin.gif

Now i will check with the game if i still have fps drops.

thank you.

Sweet, the next hotfix patch they release "should" completely fix this issue also.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: NVIDIA
Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › NVIDIA › FPS Drop/Stuttering with GTX1070 in CSGO