Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Video Game News › [PAX West] - Seattle, WA 2-5 - AMD and Nvidia Tweet Pics
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[PAX West] - Seattle, WA 2-5 - AMD and Nvidia Tweet Pics - Page 2

post #11 of 74
Quote:
Originally Posted by iLeakStuff View Post

So with my GTX 1080 I should have a supermodel?

If I had a Radeon Pro Duo... Would I have a girl in each arm? tongue.gif
post #12 of 74
Quote:
Originally Posted by iLeakStuff View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marios145 View Post

OMG that dude with a 1070 has a girlfriend, so that's why i'm single!!!!

So with my GTX 1080 I should have a supermodel?

But then what would you have if you own a Titan X?

The Titan X suddenly becomes the GPU with the best value, for men at least...
Power Bac G5
(6 items)
 
  
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
Intel i7 6950X EVGA GTX 1080 Ti GSkill 32GB 4133Mhz Samsung 960 Pro 1TB 
CoolingMonitor
Corsair H110i ASUS PG278Q 
  hide details  
Reply
Power Bac G5
(6 items)
 
  
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
Intel i7 6950X EVGA GTX 1080 Ti GSkill 32GB 4133Mhz Samsung 960 Pro 1TB 
CoolingMonitor
Corsair H110i ASUS PG278Q 
  hide details  
Reply
post #13 of 74
Quote:
Originally Posted by iLeakStuff View Post

So with my GTX 1080 I should have a supermodel?

Hell, i've got two TITAN XP's...*thinks of the possibilities* drool.gif .....something totally unfair is going on here; cuz i'm as single as single can be sad-smiley-002.gif
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 5960X ASUS Rampage V Extreme MSI GTX 1080 Gaming X 16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 2666mhz DDR4 C15 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
PNY CS2211 MLC SATA III SSD WD Blue 500GB 7200rpm Writemaster DVD/CD +/- RW EK Supremacy EVO 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
Mayhem's Pastel Ice White Coolant Coollaboratory Liquid Copper TIM XSPC EX480mm Radiator Black Ice GTX 360mm Radiator 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
EK XTC 420mm Radiator Swiftech MCP655-B 12v Pump EK RES X3 250 Reservoir Bitspower/EK 3/8" x 1/2" Compression fitting 
OSMonitorMonitorKeyboard
Windows 8.1 ASUS ROG Swift PG278Q 27" 1440p 144hz G-Sync ASUS VG23AH 23.5" Passive 3d 1080p 60hz  Razer Blackwidow Chroma Tournament Edition 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
EVGA Supernova G2 1000 Caselabs SMA8 -XXL Window, Ventilated sides/t... Razer Ouroboros Norman Rockwell collection series print Mousepad 
AudioAudio
Sennheiser HD700 300ohm Open Back Headphones SupremeFX Hi-Fi 5.25" Bay AMP/DAC  
  hide details  
Reply
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 5960X ASUS Rampage V Extreme MSI GTX 1080 Gaming X 16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 2666mhz DDR4 C15 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
PNY CS2211 MLC SATA III SSD WD Blue 500GB 7200rpm Writemaster DVD/CD +/- RW EK Supremacy EVO 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
Mayhem's Pastel Ice White Coolant Coollaboratory Liquid Copper TIM XSPC EX480mm Radiator Black Ice GTX 360mm Radiator 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
EK XTC 420mm Radiator Swiftech MCP655-B 12v Pump EK RES X3 250 Reservoir Bitspower/EK 3/8" x 1/2" Compression fitting 
OSMonitorMonitorKeyboard
Windows 8.1 ASUS ROG Swift PG278Q 27" 1440p 144hz G-Sync ASUS VG23AH 23.5" Passive 3d 1080p 60hz  Razer Blackwidow Chroma Tournament Edition 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
EVGA Supernova G2 1000 Caselabs SMA8 -XXL Window, Ventilated sides/t... Razer Ouroboros Norman Rockwell collection series print Mousepad 
AudioAudio
Sennheiser HD700 300ohm Open Back Headphones SupremeFX Hi-Fi 5.25" Bay AMP/DAC  
  hide details  
Reply
post #14 of 74
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marios145 View Post

OMG that dude with a 1070 has a girlfriend, so that's why i'm single!!!!

She's just happy she is getting whatever card he is currently using. biggrin.gif
The New Recruit
(17 items)
 
An Old Soldier
(20 items)
 
Big Mama
(23 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5-3570K@4.2 P8Z68-V GEN3 MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X 8G 16 GB CORSAIR Vengeance 16GB (4 x 4GB) 240-Pin ... 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
OCZ Vertex 3 120 Gb WD Caviar Black 1TB WD Caviar Blue 1TB ASUS 24X DVD Burner - Bulk 24X DVD+R 8X DVD+RW ... 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Cooler Master 212 EVO Windows 10 BenQ XL2730Z Maxkeyboard Nighthawk x9 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
NZXT Hale82 750w  Corsair Carbide 400R Logitech G502 Proteus Core HIEN SOFT L Japan black | SAMURAI gaming mouse ... 
AudioAudioAudioOther
Creative SB X-Fi Titanium HD Pc 363d Klipsch ProMedia 2.1 BT epson wf 3540 
  hide details  
Reply
The New Recruit
(17 items)
 
An Old Soldier
(20 items)
 
Big Mama
(23 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5-3570K@4.2 P8Z68-V GEN3 MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X 8G 16 GB CORSAIR Vengeance 16GB (4 x 4GB) 240-Pin ... 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
OCZ Vertex 3 120 Gb WD Caviar Black 1TB WD Caviar Blue 1TB ASUS 24X DVD Burner - Bulk 24X DVD+R 8X DVD+RW ... 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Cooler Master 212 EVO Windows 10 BenQ XL2730Z Maxkeyboard Nighthawk x9 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
NZXT Hale82 750w  Corsair Carbide 400R Logitech G502 Proteus Core HIEN SOFT L Japan black | SAMURAI gaming mouse ... 
AudioAudioAudioOther
Creative SB X-Fi Titanium HD Pc 363d Klipsch ProMedia 2.1 BT epson wf 3540 
  hide details  
Reply
post #15 of 74
Quote:
Originally Posted by Defoler View Post

This is why I hate the AMD PR team.

Instead of concentrating on their products, their performance, their value, the concentrate on making it a "good vs evil" war.
Make more use of your precious opengpu, showcase GPU performance, enhance the value of your price/performance point, and push more products out, more collaborations.

No, lets all push the "lets hate nvidia!" train, or lets "rebel against the common" like the common is such a bad thing.

Even if they hate nvidia, at least they can learn a thing or two from them. Nvidia have great spokesmen, and they are letting their performance speak for itself.

I think your trying a little too hard there putting Nvidia on a pedestal. Nvidia has an excellent PR team but their underhanded tactics are very well known and documented
post #16 of 74
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mookster View Post

To be fair, it's not just their PR team. It's AMD's general business model. It has to be, because NV has a yearly revenue that is roughly 5x larger than AMD as a whole. Intel has a yearly revenue that is roughly 55x larger than AMD as a whole.

If not for AMD, Intel and NV would both have a monopoly over their respective market. When you look at the way NV leans toward proprietary technology, it's hard not to interpret that as a strike against consumer choice. It's also hard not to interpret it as kicking a dog while it's down.

Now, I'm not saying that anyone should idealize AMD as an objectively moral company. That said, people do naturally work by polarizing their views in that way, and they can often switch to the polar opposite quite quickly without ever recognizing the folly of taking a polarized view in the first place. That's a failure of people, in general -- not AMD.

I don't really care how people get there, but people do need to start sending money AMD's way to preserve competition. AMD can't be expected to compete against Intel with 1/55th of the budget of Intel. They can't be expected to compete against NV with 1/5th of their budget. It's amazing that they're competing at all.

Even when AMD does have superior products, they tend to get blasted. Their most successful CPU products were dusted by Intel's anti-competitive practices. If you don't know about that, there are plenty of articles about it on the internet. Intel still hasn't paid their 1.2 billion settlement, which for AMD would be the equivalent of you having your wage doubled for an entire year. Their most successful GPU products were dusted by consumer dogma.

It's no wonder how they ended up being completely incapable of competition, at certain times.

Consumers do need to recognize that in the long run, the last competitor standing should be viewed as a "good-guy" .. Why? Because if those consumers are too ignorant to understand the need for competition, they should at least fall on an ignorant conclusion that serves their own needs.

And consumers do need a competitor to NV.

Not gonna lie but that is absolutely the most beautiful an truthful post ive ever read PERIOD. +rep and deleting the subscription before i get violated by ngreedia fans. thumb.gif
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
R7 1700X asus crosshair 6 Sapphire R9 390 Nitro CMK16GX4M2B3200C16 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingCooling
Kingston HyperX 3K Seagate ST2000DM006 EKWB Supremacy Evo EK-XRES 100 Revo D5 - Acetal 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
Alphacool GPX r9 390 m01 alphacool xt45 240 Alphacool xt45 360 Alphacool D5 PWM 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 10 LG 29UM68 Corsair Strafe Corsair RM1000 
CaseMouseMouse Pad
Thermaltake X5 Corsair M65 Pro RGB Razer Goliathus Speed 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
R7 1700X asus crosshair 6 Sapphire R9 390 Nitro CMK16GX4M2B3200C16 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingCooling
Kingston HyperX 3K Seagate ST2000DM006 EKWB Supremacy Evo EK-XRES 100 Revo D5 - Acetal 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
Alphacool GPX r9 390 m01 alphacool xt45 240 Alphacool xt45 360 Alphacool D5 PWM 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 10 LG 29UM68 Corsair Strafe Corsair RM1000 
CaseMouseMouse Pad
Thermaltake X5 Corsair M65 Pro RGB Razer Goliathus Speed 
  hide details  
Reply
post #17 of 74
Quote:
Originally Posted by Defoler View Post

This is why I hate the AMD PR team.

Instead of concentrating on their products, their performance, their value, the concentrate on making it a "good vs evil" war.
Make more use of your precious opengpu, showcase GPU performance, enhance the value of your price/performance point, and push more products out, more collaborations.

No, lets all push the "lets hate nvidia!" train, or lets "rebel against the common" like the common is such a bad thing.

Even if they hate nvidia, at least they can learn a thing or two from them. Nvidia have great spokesmen, and they are letting their performance speak for itself.

Like I said before, it's AMD's PR that feeds their fanboys and trolls. It's not really working because I haven't seen a significant swing in market share in all the years they've been doing this "green is evil" propaganda. Nvidia does something like gameworks, gameready drivers, GFE, G-sync, etc. AMD PR does a demolition job and smear campaign of them but copies them anyway flying the banner of "free" and "open" but AMD ends up being the only one proprietarily using those so called open features anyway so in the end, the whole open thing is just a marketing move to sell more of their own card by reaching the hearts and minds of gamers and antagonizing Nvidia.

Ever notice that Nvidia rarely compares their product with AMD's in their presentations but AMD does it all the time. Nv messes up (3.5GB, Async Compute in maxwell), AMD's PR is all over it. A sign of insecurity for the red team in terms of marketing.

Instead of anti-ngreedia propaganda PR, AMD should just focus more on releasing their entire Radeon product stack ASAP and ensuring healthy availability since they're still competitive on that front. Easier said than done but that would really get the ball rolling in generating interest in the brand and changing the status quo of mind share.
Edited by jologskyblues - 9/3/16 at 7:54pm
Gaming PC
(15 items)
 
Laptop
(10 items)
 
Office PC
(15 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 6700HQ Intel HM170 Express NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980M 8GB GDDR5 G.Skill Ripjaws 16GB (8GBx2) DDR4 2133MHz SODIMM 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
Samsung 850 EVO 500GB M.2 SATA SSD Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit Viewsonic XG2703-GS Logitech G610 MX Brown 
MouseMouse Pad
Logitech G502 Proteus Core Fellowes Microban 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Pentium G4560 ASRock B250M Pro4 Intel HD Graphics 610 G.Skill Aegis 8GB (4GBx2) DDR4 2400MHz 
Hard DriveCoolingCoolingCooling
Crucial M500 240GB SATA SSD Intel stock CPU cooler Corsair SP120 quiet edition Noctua NF P14s redux-1200 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 10 Pro Dell U2311H Cooler Master Master Keys S PBT MX Speed Seasonic S12II 620W 
CaseMouseMouse Pad
Corsair Obsidian 550D Logitech G90 Fellowes Microban 
  hide details  
Reply
Gaming PC
(15 items)
 
Laptop
(10 items)
 
Office PC
(15 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 6700HQ Intel HM170 Express NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980M 8GB GDDR5 G.Skill Ripjaws 16GB (8GBx2) DDR4 2133MHz SODIMM 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
Samsung 850 EVO 500GB M.2 SATA SSD Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit Viewsonic XG2703-GS Logitech G610 MX Brown 
MouseMouse Pad
Logitech G502 Proteus Core Fellowes Microban 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Pentium G4560 ASRock B250M Pro4 Intel HD Graphics 610 G.Skill Aegis 8GB (4GBx2) DDR4 2400MHz 
Hard DriveCoolingCoolingCooling
Crucial M500 240GB SATA SSD Intel stock CPU cooler Corsair SP120 quiet edition Noctua NF P14s redux-1200 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 10 Pro Dell U2311H Cooler Master Master Keys S PBT MX Speed Seasonic S12II 620W 
CaseMouseMouse Pad
Corsair Obsidian 550D Logitech G90 Fellowes Microban 
  hide details  
Reply
post #18 of 74
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLAWNOOB View Post

But then what would you have if you own a Titan X?

The Titan X suddenly becomes the GPU with the best value, for men at least...
I have a r5 240 what I'm going to get ?
post #19 of 74
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mookster View Post

To be fair, it's not just their PR team. It's AMD's general business model. It has to be, because NV has a yearly revenue that is roughly 5x larger than AMD as a whole. Intel has a yearly revenue that is roughly 55x larger than AMD as a whole.

If not for AMD, Intel and NV would both have a monopoly over their respective market. When you look at the way NV leans toward proprietary technology, it's hard not to interpret that as a strike against consumer choice. It's also hard not to interpret it as kicking a dog while it's down.

Now, I'm not saying that anyone should idealize AMD as an objectively moral company. That said, people do naturally work by polarizing their views in that way, and they can often switch to the polar opposite quite quickly without ever recognizing the folly of taking a polarized view in the first place. That's a failure of people, in general -- not AMD.

I don't really care how people get there, but people do need to start sending money AMD's way to preserve competition. AMD can't be expected to compete against Intel with 1/55th of the budget of Intel. They can't be expected to compete against NV with 1/5th of their budget. It's amazing that they're competing at all.

Even when AMD does have superior products, they tend to get blasted. Their most successful CPU products were dusted by Intel's anti-competitive practices. If you don't know about that, there are plenty of articles about it on the internet. Intel still hasn't paid their 1.2 billion settlement, which for AMD would be the equivalent of you having your wage doubled for an entire year. Their most successful GPU products were dusted by consumer dogma.

It's no wonder how they ended up being completely incapable of competition, at certain times.

Consumers do need to recognize that in the long run, the last competitor standing should be viewed as a "good-guy" .. Why? Because if those consumers are too ignorant to understand the need for competition, they should at least fall on an ignorant conclusion that serves their own needs.

And consumers do need a competitor to NV.

The message is partially right but these bolded things are not correct.

Nvidia's revenue last quarter was 1.4 billion dollars.

AMD's revenue was about a billion dollars.

http://ir.amd.com/phoenix.zhtml?c=74093&p=irol-newsarticle&ID=2187336

Intels revenue was 13.5 billion dollars.

In addition, Intel settled and paid the money that was going to go to AMD long time ago. This was part of the antitrust lawsuit settlement. Out of this, Intel also allowed AMD to go fabless. Intel was happy to pay because they got away cheap.

Intel didn't pay the EU the 1.2 billion dollar antitrust fine that doesn't go to AMD anyways. Most companies challenges these EU fines.

Part of the positioning that AMD is in at the moment is their fault as well. AMD revenue used to be much bigger than Nvidia's. However, they have poorly executed over the years and have neglected the software side of their GPU hardware for years.

Jim Keller left AMD because he was not happy with the executive team(damn you Hector) and the decisions they were making at the time. AMD fate would have been much better if the original Phenom turned out reasonably good. However phenom was simply a waste, the first processors were no faster than their predecessor and this forced AMD to sell big dies for cheap since they lost to Intels duo cores in alot of instances. This along with the 2900xt blunder turned AMD into the budget company. Before, this, although AMD provided decent value, used to charge Intel like prices and this is what made them a profitable company.

ATI, wasn't really a value company either before they were bought. The irony of the situation is that the thing people like most about AMD, providing value products, wasn't a decision they consciously picked. It was a decision forced upon them by having inferior products and/or inferior marketing compared to the competition.

The trust of the matter is for AMD to become profitable, they need to charge more for their products and this requires them to make better products. Volume alone isn't enough and they need higher margins.
Edited by tajoh111 - 9/3/16 at 9:09pm
post #20 of 74
Quote:
Originally Posted by tajoh111 View Post

The message is partially right but these bolded things are not correct.

Nvidia's revenue last quarter was 1.4 billion dollars.

AMD's revenue was about a billion dollars.

http://ir.amd.com/phoenix.zhtml?c=74093&p=irol-newsarticle&ID=2187336

Intels revenue was 13.5 billion dollars.

https://newsroom.intel.com/news-releases/intel-reports-record-full-year-revenue-of-55-9-billion-generates-net-income-of-11-7-billion-up-22-percent-year-over-year/

55.9b for 2015. You probably caught a quarterly number or something other than revenue, like I did on my annual AMD revenue figure which should have been annual rather than for a quarter. Nevertheless, it's an impressively low number when you consider how thinly spread that revenue must be to keep their CPU and GPU divisions ticking.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tajoh111 
In addition, Intel settled and paid the money that was going to go to AMD long time ago. This was part of the antitrust lawsuit settlement. Out of this, Intel also allowed AMD to go fabless. Intel was happy to pay because they got away cheap.

Intel didn't pay the EU the 1.2 billion dollar antitrust fine that doesn't go to AMD anyways. Most companies challenges these EU fines.
This part, you're wrong on. http://www.pcper.com/news/General-Tech/Intel-still-hasnt-paid-AMD-12-billion-USD-anti-trust-fine
Trash Box
(15 items)
 
 
G73JH-A1
(13 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 980x @ 4.4GHz Asus P6X58D-E Gigabyte 8GB GTX 1070 G1 Gaming 24GB Corsair Dominators 1600MHz 
Hard DriveHard DriveMonitorKeyboard
2x256GB C300's R0 1TB Samsung 850 Pro ASUS MG279Q, Catleap Q270 G19 
PowerCaseMouse
Corsair AX1200 Silverstone RV-02 G9x 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD 965BE 125W Asus M4A77D Asus 5770 Cucore 4GB Kingston 800MHz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSKeyboard
2x750GB Seagates 22x LG DVD-RW w7 Ultimate 64-bit  G15 
PowerCase
Antec Earthwatts 430W 80+ Antec New Solution NSK6580B 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
720QM AsusTek Mobility HD5870 8GB Kingston 1600MHz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
256GB C300/500GB Seagate Bluray Combo w7 Ultimate 64-bit 17'' 1080P 
Case
G73JH-A1 
  hide details  
Reply
Trash Box
(15 items)
 
 
G73JH-A1
(13 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 980x @ 4.4GHz Asus P6X58D-E Gigabyte 8GB GTX 1070 G1 Gaming 24GB Corsair Dominators 1600MHz 
Hard DriveHard DriveMonitorKeyboard
2x256GB C300's R0 1TB Samsung 850 Pro ASUS MG279Q, Catleap Q270 G19 
PowerCaseMouse
Corsair AX1200 Silverstone RV-02 G9x 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD 965BE 125W Asus M4A77D Asus 5770 Cucore 4GB Kingston 800MHz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSKeyboard
2x750GB Seagates 22x LG DVD-RW w7 Ultimate 64-bit  G15 
PowerCase
Antec Earthwatts 430W 80+ Antec New Solution NSK6580B 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
720QM AsusTek Mobility HD5870 8GB Kingston 1600MHz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
256GB C300/500GB Seagate Bluray Combo w7 Ultimate 64-bit 17'' 1080P 
Case
G73JH-A1 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Video Game News
Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Video Game News › [PAX West] - Seattle, WA 2-5 - AMD and Nvidia Tweet Pics